Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says (852 Views)

Engineer Stabs Wife & Son For Refusing To Return Home Due To Domestic Violence / Husband, Wife, Son Die In Ikorodu Apartment / "I Killed My Co-Tenant’s Son Because His Dad Damaged My Womb" -Chinenye Ndubuife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by NigeriaHeadline: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
The suspect, who claimed to be an evangelist, was paraded alongside other suspects in Akwa on Saturday, said all he could remember was that he quarrelled with his wife.

Nigerian man, Chukwuemeka Obijofa, who killed his wife and son with a shovel last week Tuesday in Anambra State, has said he committed the crime after taking an overdose of Indian hemp.

The suspect, who claimed to be an evangelist, was paraded alongside other suspects in Akwa on Saturday, said all he could remember was that he quarrelled with his wife.

Obijofa said he only knew he had committed murder when he opened his eyes at the police station.

Explaining how the unfortunate incident happened, Obijofa said: "I came back to the house to give my wife money to buy some food items because I did not drop enough money for them when I was going out in the morning. When I came back in the afternoon, I saw my wife with two men not known to me.

"I became so angry and pained because I so much loved and trusted her. She tried to explain to me, but I went somewhere to take my Indian hemp to calm myself down.

"But after taking some overdose, surprisingly, I found out that I became worse and lost my senses and control."

"I could not control myself any longer. I believed that a spirit entered me and I could not help it. I could not believe that I did that to a woman I loved so much. I believed she was the only thing I had in life.
I only returned to my senses when I opened my eye in the police station. I believed that what killed my wife and son was the demon inside me and not me."

"Honestly, I felt lost and I wished that situation could be reversed in my life."

He said he dated his late wife for six years before marrying her, adding that they spent five years together before she passed away.

He added: "I know I committed a crime, which I did not do with my clear eyes. I was ordained an evangelist in 2012, then I was doing well but when I begin to fall out of grace, my pastor told me about the consequences.

"He told me that time was coming when I would suffer for my evil action and that God does not want me to suffer. I cannot believe him until now."

Citing his case as an instance, Obijofa urged people who craved a meaningful life to desist from drugs as such could destroy them.

He said: "Let's stay away from drugs and Indian hemp; it is terrible. It doesn't kill a man but it invokes the evil spirit in a man's life.

"Whenever you take it, you will know that an evil spirit has been introduced into your system, which does not belong to you as a person.

"Please let everybody stay away from drugs. I want to go back to my God if I have the second chance."

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/96184337702/posts/10157888863492703/

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Enoch07: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
big lie!!
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
And western countries are embracing the stuff saying it is medicinal...? I can hardly wait until they start slaughtering themselves like animals. It is then we will see if it is indeed "medicinal "as they claim!

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
And western countries are embracing the stuff saying it is medicinal...? I can hardly wait until they start slaughtering themselves like animals. It is then we will see if it is indeed "medicinal "as they claim!

No, the man is mental. Marijuana has no such effect on regular people

2 Likes

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

No, the man is mental. Marijuana has no such effect on regular people
Bros your sense of reasoning is questionable. How can you say marijuana has no effect when it is a known fact that it is a drug with hallucinating effects that provoke its users into doing things that are irrational and violent.
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by extol1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
evangelist killed the whole family. the village people really succeeded in your matter. enjoy your stay in the prison and who know God may show you mercy
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Henix(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
Many are mad but few are roaming
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
Bros your sense of reasoning is questionable. How can you say marijuana has no effect when it is a known fact that it is a drug with hallucinating effects that provoke its users into doing things that are irrational and violent.

I asked Google. See the answer below

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I asked Google. See the answer below
So Dr. Google is now your source of credible information, abi? I see. Well done Google graduate
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
So Dr. Google is now your source of credible information, abi? I see. Well done Google graduate

Read details. It is not from Google, it's a US state-sponsored research project. See below

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Read details. It is not from Google, it's a US state-sponsored research project. See below
Oga marijuana is an addictive drug which tends to cause hallucinations. Which is why it is legal and illegal in some state the USA.
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
Oga marijuana is an addictive drug which tends to cause hallucinations. Which is why it is legal and illegal in some state the USA.

You are the oga not me. I don't smoke marijuana. I have to rely on unbiased well-funded research, which I cited. Cite yours
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You are the oga not me. I don't smoke marijuana. I have to rely on unbiased well-funded research, which I cited. Cite yours
You probably smoke that is why you support it. But her is something from the addiction center https://www.addictioncenter.com/drugs/marijuana/

Come to think of it, even cigarettes are still sold by law, even though it is established that they are addictive and are one of the major cause for lung cancer in the long run.
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
You probably smoke that is why you support it. But her is something from the addiction center https://www.addictioncenter.com/drugs/marijuana/

Come to think of it, even cigarettes are still sold by law, even though it is established that they are addictive and are one of the major cause for lung cancer in the long run.

No, oga, you must be the one who smokes (to be so sure of it's effects). I only cited studies.

See below, from the article you cited

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

No, oga, you must be the one who smokes (to be so sure of it's effects). I only cited studies.

See below, from the article you cited
Marijuana according to that article has multiple uses. And if you had taken the time to read the article completely and not edit it to your immoral taste, you would have seen a section that is dedicated to the effects and behavior of people under the influence of marijuana. undecided
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
Marijuana according to that article has multiple uses. And if you had taken the time to read the article completely and not edit it to your immoral taste, you would have seen a section that is dedicated to the effects and behavior of people under the influence of marijuana. undecided

Genius, this is one study out of thousands. Use your own common sense: millions of people smoke marijuana. How many have killed their wives??
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Genius, this is one study out of thousands. Use your own common sense: millions of people smoke marijuana. How many have killed their wives??
It seems you hate to make research. Can you tell us why it was outlawed and even tagged as a hard drug all this while? Why not sit back and think things through before coming up with something completely silly. Even your country outlaws it because they know the harmful effects of the stuff on people. undecided
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
It seems you hate to make research. Can you tell us why it was outlawed and even tagged as a hard drug all this while? Why not sit back and think things through before coming up with something completely silly. Even your country outlaws it because they know the harmful effects of the stuff on people. undecided

Oga I can't believe you actually wrote this. Everyone knows misinformation, myth. and confusion abounded about Marijuana before solid research showed it is not nearly as bad as people assumed it was
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Oga I can't believe you actually wrote this. Everyone knows misinformation, myth. and confusion abounded about Marijuana before solid research showed it is not nearly as bad as people assumed it was
"Solid research" that many governments will not recognize...and still outlaw the use and consumption, and consider the substance illegal? Please wake from your drug-induced slumber.
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
"Solid research" that many governments will not recognize...and still outlaw the use and consumption, and consider the substance illegal? Please wake from your drug-induced slumber.

All advanced countries who rely on evidence have liberalized marijuana. Only countries in stone ages like Nigeria where myth and superstition rule still criminalize consumption of marijuana
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Shelumiel: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

All advanced countries who rely on evidence have liberalized marijuana. Only countries in stone ages like Nigeria where myth and superstition rule still criminalize consumption of marijuana
Please name those countries...
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2021
Shelumiel:
Please name those countries...

See below. More countries have decriminalized

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by savageyoungboy(m): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2021
POOR PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM DRUG!!!
WORK TOWARDS IMPROVING YOUR LIFE AND NOT GETTING HIGH. DRUG IS A RICH MAN THING. THE OTHER DAY ONE KING WAS CAUGHT ON CAMERA SMOKING BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR ON THE NEWS THAT THE KING KILLED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN. POOR PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS AND THINK OF HOW TO GET MONEY.

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by Wyry: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless.
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
savageyoungboy:
POOR PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM DRUG!!!
WORK TOWARDS IMPROVING YOUR LIFE AND NOT GETTING HIGH. DRUG IS A RICH MAN THING. THE OTHER DAY ONE KING WAS CAUGHT ON CAMERA SMOKING BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR ON THE NEWS THAT THE KING KILLED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN. POOR PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS AND THINK OF HOW TO GET MONEY.

Yet you think it's ok for them to drink alcohol. See below

Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by savageyoungboy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Yet you think it's ok for them to drink alcohol. See below
Alcohol has it faults but it doesn't cause mental illness. I'm not against weed but when you abuse weed it leads to mental illness. People should take weed under supervision from an expert or with caution. Most poor people with a lot of problem thinks weed is the way to get their mind off things while rich people takes weed just to relax and enjoy life
Re: I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says by PoliteActivist: 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
savageyoungboy:

Alcohol has it faults but it doesn't cause mental illness. I'm not against weed but when you abuse weed it leads to mental illness. People should take weed under supervision from an expert or with caution. Most poor people with a lot of problem thinks weed is the way to get their mind off things while rich people takes weed just to relax and enjoy life

See below

(1) (Reply)

Mumbai NCB Arrests Goa Cafe Owner For Being Part Of Drug Syndicate / Help Me To Find Dating Website / Couple Burnt To Death As Fire Razes Home In Plateau (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.