Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria (61091 Views)

Breaking: CBN Lists Reasons It Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria / Can We Stop The Ignorance? CBN Did Not Ban Cryptocurrency In Nigeria / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Elawnugo: 7:04am On Feb 08, 2021
� God help Nigeria
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by jumper524(m): 7:05am On Feb 08, 2021
kktbm:
We understand but, even USA, a country with high crime rate, home of fraudsters(if you know you know), also a better nation didn’t ban crypto.

Cryptocurrency is the future

Well what do I know
that's cos they are the greatest beneficiaries.
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Farki: 7:05am On Feb 08, 2021
Notice how the resident zombies have lost their voice. Maybe it is a sign that more people are waking up, honestly I'm sick of this joke of a country making stupid decisions for the benefits of who know what.

The letter they sent out was even full of various spelling errors so I'm not surprised that empty skulls would think of such a policy.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by nurain150(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2021
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Bestbeelieve: 7:07am On Feb 08, 2021
kudos to those who voted incompetence!live with it!i say again Dullard!!!!
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Mickeybook(f): 7:09am On Feb 08, 2021
kktbm:
We understand but, even USA, a country with high crime rate, home of fraudsters(if you know you know), also a better nation didn’t ban crypto.

Cryptocurrency is the future

Well what do I know
What if usa decides to ban cryptocurrency 2moro...do you have vision? Reason my brother
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Farki: 7:10am On Feb 08, 2021
doxijaw:
Nigeria is a sovereign country, if they've decided to ban it, so be it.

As a law abiding citizen , i can only follow the law, i mightn't like it though .

It's pretty pointless crying all over the internet about the crypto ban, we have bigger issues as Nigerians.

If the law says the government can cut the prick of any man at random will you be a "law abiding citizen"?

This is something we could use to kick-start the flaccid and wasting economy and the government just banned it because

5 years down the line when it takes off people here will be asking why we didn't invest in it sooner. The same people who banned this can't deal with the bigger things like inflation, electricity, security and embezzlement.

One thing I've noticed is that law makers and criminals think in very similar ways, but one finds a way to get government support for their criminality.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by sungelsocco(m): 7:10am On Feb 08, 2021
Fools trying hard to fool others. I reject being fooled! Crypto has come to stay. If CBN and their mumu controller like make them cry. Nigerian youths must succeed!

Naira as one of your Fiat money does it have any atom of stability? Who knows what Naira will become next month? So Naira is same if not worse than Crypto in terms volatility my friend bring another foolish talk.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Udapod(m): 7:11am On Feb 08, 2021
Bloody goverment! If its really because of fraudsters then what happens to herdsmen and their cattles why not ban them because they are causing destroying farm produce and human lives. What a cowcenterdbuhari.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by WalkerMichael(m): 7:11am On Feb 08, 2021
you dont have any reason to kill an already dead economy. think CBN. who are these nigg** calling themselves leaders making decisions for Nigerians Jesus . this so backward thinking. .. oh lord save me from this mess called Nigeria ...can't weep.. anyways na their ban even make me change all my naira Dy buy eithy. nonsense and ingredients
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by RealEzee(m): 7:13am On Feb 08, 2021
B4 d advent of btc Shey buying of illegal arms n money laundering no dey? Mumu too much for this govt
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 7:14am On Feb 08, 2021
Nigerians love fraud too much. That's why the cryptocurrency gibberish is gaining popularity to my disgust every where I go are flyers of bitcoin trading. Can't you get a job or get a skill? How long will you be lazy looking for quick money

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2021
F*ck your Stupid Analysis, Crypto is the future

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:16am On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
Nigerians love fraud too much. That's why the cryptocurrency gibberish is gaining popularity to my disgust every where I go are flyers of bitcoin trading. Can't you get a job or get a skill? How long will you be lazy looking for quick money
If you ain't a Forex Trader just shut the f*ck up, is everyone that transact in Bitcoin into fraud ?

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by RealEzee(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2021
Mickeybook:
What if usa decides to ban cryptocurrency 2moro...do you have vision? Reason my brother
d same dat you can exchange ur btc at banks? Reason am n stop been fooled by our govt who can't even secure it's citizens
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by gheekhone: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2021
GeneralPula:

The only reason why FG banned crypto is simply cuz they’ve discovered some politicians are now using it as a means to store stolen funds..

How did these politicians get their hands on such funds?
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Farki: 7:19am On Feb 08, 2021
Fragility6:

Abeg point out one sensible point stated there and no start 2 fool urself by calling number 1 n 2.

The government can mandate that everyone in country eat cow shit as a staple food and this guy will be here cheering them on.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Farki: 7:24am On Feb 08, 2021
sharone21:
The best thing this government has ever done. We have the stock market, Nigerians home and abroad can invest in it as this can be done online eg Meristem stock brokers( not marketing for them though). Let us build our market and restore confidence in it.
Many Nigerians have been defrauded through cryptocurrency. A company like Luno will even hoard your money even when you have NO business with bitcoin, Luno or ponzi schemes. CBN well done and swiftly investigate LUNO company including other alternative routes they may want to access the hard earned cash of many Nigerians.
CBN THANKS. A LOT.

Many Nigerians have been defrauded through banks, let's ban banks.

Many Nigerians have been defrauded through online retailers, let's ban online retailers.

They didn't even investigate Luno they just banned all naira-crypto exchanges so now people with crypto accounts (which are worth a lot mind you) will now convert it to dollars or any other foreign currency making their economies stronger and further isolating the Naira!

Very brilliant move!

You can trade bitcoin and Nigerian stocks, both aren't mutually exclusive. Honestly I wonder what goes through you guy's heads and if truly there is anything in it.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Awoo88: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2021
Stupid people. China is leading in crptocurrency and one of the richest man in the world is heavenly involve in it. This idiot is quoting Buffet, What of Musk, Jeff, Jack etc who are crypto enthusiasts? Putting out press releases for dumb apc minions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Chudivictor(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2021
There is no justification to this.
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by senm117(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
Hmm
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
NairalandDoctor:
If you ain't a Forex Tradersjust shut the f*ck up, is everyone that transact in Bitcoin into fraud ?
No. But majority and its operators are fraudulent. According to the CBN article why is anonymity of its actors so prioritized? How can people just start buying stuff in mere hope that it will rise so you can resell. What is now the end meaning of such transactions? Better get real life job and stop chasing shadows in guise of making money online. Use your brain

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by gheekhone: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceMajestic:

Such a nuance take. Pat yourself on the back.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Viganti(m): 7:32am On Feb 08, 2021
I love you so much brother .
It seems we're in this together .
NVR get tired of the hustle cus this country has no future perused through the article as I put on my intellectual cap to read between lines while blazing my weed....I must say this article is devoid and bereft of intellect and nous
We go dey do Ptpt
If you are a niggarrrr and you understand what I meant by ptpt then you must be a real niggarr...

Light up my last tie of weed for the night as i return back to my huzzle and bombing...whether Nigeria government like it or not ....there will always be light and fire at the end of my weed while I puff from the other end

All what this Nigeria government wants is for us to be young, dumb and broke.....we reject it...[/quote]
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:36am On Feb 08, 2021
d moment I started seein tinz like, "pinkoin, dodgecoin, chineducoin & very soon, abdullahicoin", dat was wen I generally understood d scam in dis coins of a thing.

d painful part is dat majority of Nairalanders are in2 it it which means dat, yahoo-yahoo, cash app, fast moni ppl dem nahim full dis nairaland.

I might be d only legit pesin here sef!
na rumors and hearsay go always dey determine d value of diz imaginary online currencies dem.
make una dey use una sense invest hard earned kpogri oo!

undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:44am On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
No. But majority and its operators are fraudulent. According to the CBN article why is anonymity of its actors so prioritized? How can people just start buying stuff in mere hope that it will rise so you can resell. What is now the end meaning of such transactions? Better get real life job and stop chasing shadows in guise of making money online. Use your brain
Yoh that's my transaction and my name is included and I make it as transparent as possible

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2021
NairalandDoctor:
Yoh that's my transaction and my name is included and I make it as transparent as possible
it doesn't change fact that it is now illegal
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by gheekhone: 7:49am On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
No. But majority and its operators are fraudulent. According to the CBN article why is anonymity of its actors so prioritized? [b]How can people just start buying stuff in mere hope that it will rise so you can resell. [/b]What is now the end meaning of such transactions? Better get real life job and stop chasing shadows in guise of making money online. Use your brain

Guys, please educate yourselves na. Stop looking at blockchain technology using bitcoin only. Read up on blockchain networks. And to your point about fraudulent people, that will never change. Fraudulent people will always find ways to carry out their activities but it shouldn't stop innovation.
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2021
gheekhone:

Guys, please educate yourselves na. Stop looking at blockchain technology using bitcoin only. Read up on blockchain networks. And to your point about fraudulent people, that will never change. Fraudulent people will always find ways to carry out their activities but it shouldn't stop innovation.
nothing is innovative about it. It is just another deadly ponzi scheme like mmm. You Nigerians love to learn the hardest way. I remember in 2017 when fg repeatedly warned Nigerians on mmm scam but it was people like you who felt you are too wise that refused to listen and encouraged others to fall for the scam. If you're reasonble you will attest that CBN is absolutely right on its submission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2021
A clueless government with lies.... thinking backwards...

State the restrictions... useless liars... way must always dey....

Useless individuals in the aims of affairs... i now understand the Zoo word... Even in the Zoo animals are more organized.

These set or crackedheads are worse than the animals in the Zoo!!
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2021
sharone21:
The best thing this government has ever done. We have the stock market, Nigerians home and abroad can invest in it as this can be done online eg Meristem stock brokers( not marketing for them though). Let us build our market and restore confidence in it.
Many Nigerians have been defrauded through cryptocurrency. A company like Luno will even hoard your money even when you have NO business with bitcoin, Luno or ponzi schemes. CBN well done and swiftly investigate LUNO company including other alternative routes they may want to access the hard earned cash of many Nigerians.
CBN THANKS. A LOT.
Many Nigerians have been defrauded through the internet! Should we ban d internet?

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by tempusfugit: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2021
Lol idiots, he took this decision for a country of 200m people based on what some greedy individuals thinks about it, mumu, he should have also enlisted countries that have embraced it example germany, among the countries he enlisted just few of them re financially and mentally stable... Mumu!!! Anyways I believe one of the reason they re doing things because the money Nigerians re putting into cryptocurrency is more high than money in the Nigeria stock market, second ethereum market value is higher than Nigeria stock market value, well this quite uncomfortable situation for them and they reacted irrationally!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? / Anthony Enukem Tonimas: Champion Of Think Home Philosophy In Igbo Land-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.