Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. (3084 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / House Girl Peeps While Husband And Wife Were Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Teel012(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2021
if your family can support you with taking care of the kids, pls leave now don't wait till u get more money. when you leave, they won't know your worth immediately but after some months or a year, even the mother might come begging. and if they don't come begging, secure the future of your kids, pls.
if I may ask, are you and your husband from there same tribe?

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
Marriage no be for boys

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by mrblessed(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
Why did she deactivate when she has written what amounts to a Master's dissertation without waiting to sit for the "defence?" I stridently decry many loses here: lose of financial resources and lose of cognitive and intellectual resources. Is the deactivation executed to protect her image on this platform? Will the "dissertation" be held up to scrunity and suffer severe punctures? Is there a chance that the husband would chance upon her "dissertation," and consequently tore it to shred.

If only she knew what she missed by this uncharacteristic, knee-jerk, and premature deactivation. At least most nairaland ladies are predictably disposed to swallow her "dissertation" hook, line, and sinker without pausing to see if really there are areas she has shortcomings, and insanely take the man, a very "bad" man indeed, to the cleaners.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by BigDick70inch(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
I don't even know where to start from.... I'm so very sad right now I feel like dying. I think I made a wrong choice or I'm the one with the problem.

Please read till the end. I'll try to be as truthful as possible and I will deactivate after writing.

I'm a writer and I work from home. I've worked in several places before now without any success. My husband always insist that I get a full-time job even when I make 80-100k working from home. I've never made that much since I was leaving home to work for people. I've always contributed my quota to the home.

I don't want to work for anyone because of the kids. I want to save and get a side business. Hubby keeps relegating what I do like it's not a job.

I don't know why, but his mum just doesn't see anything good in me. She's said it on many occasions that no matter your level of education as a woman, it will all end in the kitchen. She always want to know everything about me from hubby and he never disappoints.

He once told her when I started writing that i wasn't earning much (which was true) and I was mad at him because she started making snide remarks about what I do whenever she has the opportunity. Hubby would even support what she says and they'd sometimes laugh together. He never tells them something good about me.

Hubby has once told me that my certificate is useless. He's also once mentioned that after building his house and anything happens to him, he'll be happy that his family (he always refers to his parents and 7 siblings as his family) will have something to share. He used his younger brother as next of kin, so I'm not surprised.

I forced him to buy the property whereas his mum says he's still young and doesn't really have need for property (he's in his mid thirties).

Before we got married....

My family betrayed me when I ought to get married to him because the first born of our home said she will have to get married first and our wedding couldn't hold as a result ( I was already pregnant). I wasn't happy about this and I told my husband how disappointed I was with what my sisters and mum did.

I thought he had my back. I thought he'd always have my back. But I was wrong. He and his mum ended up saying I must have been a terrible person for my sisters to stop me from getting married.

I have a younger sister in school. She usually comes to spend the holidays with me and take care of the kids. Last year, hubby's 4th younger brother came to live with us because hubby wants to help him with his job. He works with hubby and they come home together.

I noticed some changes when he arrived:

Hubby will be with him and they'll discuss until 11 or 12 midnight before coming to the room to meet me.

He doesn't clear his plates after eating ( when I complained, hubby would rather pack the plates himself than tell him)

He would watch whatever station his brother wants to watch and even stop my kids from watching cartoons. (Hubby didn't see anything wrong in this still)

Hubby starts putting on the gen earlier than before and put it off when the light is back. He doesn't do this before. He'd always give us time and off it without considering my little children. If I buy fuel, he'll start saying I'm becoming proud.

He always satisfies his brother and we never eat without meat (before his brother arrived, we use to eat without meat on many occasions)

I'm a very emotional person and I dislike cheating. I called my husband's attention to these things but he always replies "you nag too much. You're a very troublesome person". He says he never nags about my sister, so why should I disturb his brother?

I decided to keep quiet at this point but I wasn't happy that he was treating his brother better than I and his kids.

I spoke to him harshly one of the days his brother wasn't around after exhausting all manners of communication. I said he doesn't have sense and doesn't know how to balance things in his home. The next thing he did was to hit me and beat me up.

He called his mum and dad after this and I heard them laughing on the phone. It was a very terrible day for me. I packed a few things the next day and left the home. My mum, uncle and everyone started telling me to go back to him (after warning him against doing such next time).

Everyone were concerned about the kids. My mum told me to go back but ensure that I keep quiet and respect him and that I shouldn't cause problems between him and his siblings since he appears to love them more.

I am not happy right now. I'm very very sad. He doesn't appear to be remorseful about the whole thing even though he begged me to return. In fact, I had to tell my people that I wasn't going back until he begs me to return before he apologized. He was even laughing at me when I was leaving. Then when I got back, he said:

"I don't know what happened now that you're packing your load. I don't know who will marry someone with kids". He's always saying nobody will marry someone with kids.

My heart sank when I heard these words. He laughed as he said this. Now, I don't understand what's going on because this was a man that paid my school fees in 400 level, he was my first love, I loved him like life itself, I helped him secure his present job and he never appreciates me for that.

I always speak highly of him before my family. I respect him a lot before now but I don't even understand him anymore. He doesn't seem to care about my happiness.

Or am I being selfish? I only wanted him to do things the right way. Is it a crime to love your wife and children like you love your siblings?

His brother left after the fight and my sister never returned too (I told her not to). I don't know what he told his brother.

After the fight, his mother lied against me but I was lucky to put the call on record since it's not her first time of doing it. She said I abused her and threatened over the phone (which was all lies). She also reported me to the head of their family and my mum.

I later played the recorded call to hubby and his dad, but they still blamed me. Hubby didn't even admit that his mum was wrong. I have always known his mum doesn't like me but I never knew she could lie against me.

Now, mum is telling me to be patient and stay for my children. I have saved up over half a million and I'm starting to think of leaving to a very far place where he can not reach me and my children. He doesn't seem to bother or care about us when we left when he beat me and I'm beginning to think he doesn't value us. Although, he promised not to repeat it again.

I'm dying inside and I don't think I can take this anymore. Hubby puts me down in front of everyone like I'm a nobody. I'm an introvert. I don't talk too much but hubby is am extrovert. He keeps making me feel less of a human and I'm losing it.

He keeps blaming me for making his brother leave and he doesn't seem to understand my points at all. I believe no one is perfect but is it okay for a man to support his siblings and mum without mentioning their faults, while mentioning his wife's faults to everyone that cares to listen?

Please let me know if there's any better ways I would have handled these issues. Can I survive in this marriage? My love for him seems to be reducing by the day and I'm not emotionally balanced. I'm not happy at all and he doesn't even seem to care.

He goes about his daily business as if we don't have issues. Is it because I've never denied him sex? Is he taking me for granted? He will only apologise when he needs sex and go back to status quo. He even forces me sometimes.

I don't even know who I am anymore. Am I a bad person? I've always been the up and doing wife of the family. I'm the first wife and his mum maltreat me unlike other wives because their husbands shouts at the mum not to kill their wives. My husband doesn't care if I'm overworked, as long as it's his mum. I think I've been used and I don't worth a thing anymore. I'm dying emotionally.

Madam stop being petty......

Seems.......u never liked the idea of yo husbands brother staying with u but had no problem with yo sister coming each time.........

His kid brother was there even before u became part of the family..........

My own brother place........is wife over everyone in the family and no one his happy with them both.........
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by TheCongo2: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Missis:

Majority of women are not happy in their marriages, na bear them dey bear.

Did you say majority ?
Are those arranged or forced marriages?
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by armyofone(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
All the reason why everyone should be independent so that when shit starts hitting the fan, you leave with your children. Children need good environment to thrive.

NoToPile:
Nawa ooo

How can someone even thrive in such a setting.

I started cringing when I read they hubby and MIL make jest of your job, your hustle. Who does that? Then I read further -What kind of people are they.

Can you just do as this poster said

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by mosdii(m): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
One sided story until we hear from the husband but until then, Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2021
sloo1:
The truth is your might be a good person but you have not been a good wife. I will give you reasons when I wake up.

The problems:

You are jealous, insecure and a bit arrogant.

The circumstances surrounding you wedding - your pregnancy, rejection by your family, your perceived inlaws perception of you, made you insecure.

You are jealous of your husbands attention to his family and you are either arrogant or suffering from inferiority complex or both.

The solution:

Love and respect those whom your husband love - his family. Engage his siblings in healthy conversations. Made them your friends. Show them care and love. Sometimes join their conversation with your husband. Remember that your husband has been showing such care and love to his family long before he met you.

Work on acquiring a humble heart. Asking your brother in-law to wash his plate when you and your sister are there is example of your arrogant or inferiority complex in action. From your description of him he is not a small boy. Does your husband wash his own plates too.

If you become humble and stop thinking much of yourself you will be at peace with yourself and will be a lovely woman to both your husband and in-laws.

Your husband also needs advice but since he is not here no need to go on
And this, folks, takes the award for the shittiest comment of 2021 first quarter.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
adanny01:

Are you married?

Am sure if someone advice your wife tobe independent, you will curse him or her.

Don't talk?

Just tell her to get a divorce, cause that's indirectly what you mean

When she says dont talk, she is talking about the power of silence, for a woman who was tagged as "nagging" amd suddenly goes quiet,trust me everyone will be dying to hear her speak.

I agree with the advice, at this time dear OP , silence is golden
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by adanny01(m): 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

When she says dont talk, she is talking about the power of silence, for a woman who was tagged as "nagging" amd suddenly goes quiet,trust me everyone will be dying to hear her speak.

I agree with the advice, at this time dear OP , silence is golden

Silence will make it worst.

Trust me, if she keeps quiet, she will die in silence.

What she needs is to turn the table on her husband.

If her husband sees her talking and laughing with both his beloved brother and mother, what do you think will happen?

Take this from a man.

Women don't understand diplomacy, that's what she needs not to keep quiet. She needs to be tactical. Surprise her foes and bring them close. Call them, visit them, show them your good side and the husband will be the one to shut up. He will be scared where their loyalty is so he will talk less about her to them.

She keeps quiet and it's over. That's what he actually wants.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Cousin9999: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2021
NoToPile:
Who does that?

There's a good chance the story isn't real. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is because some people are determined to be miserable and/or make others miserable.

Some people have been raised around such dysfunction and evil that they don't even seem to know it's not normal. Others have been broken in some way by dysfunction, and have simply never developed normal thinking. Some people don't seem to know what to do with themselves besides these things. It's like they don't have the mental capacity to do anything else, despite their achievements or capability.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2021
adanny01:

Silence will make it worst.

Trust me, if she keeps quiet, she will die in silence.

What she needs is to turn the table on her husband.

If her husband sees her talking and laughing with both his beloved brother and mother, what do you think will happen?

Take this from a man.

Women don't understand diplomacy, that's what she needs not to keep quiet. She needs to be tactical. Surprise her foes and bring them close. Call them, visit them, show them your good side and the husband will be the one to shut up. He will be scared where their loyalty is so he will talk less about her to them.

She keeps quiet and it's over. That's what he actually wants.

Wow, nice point of view , makes sense tooo..

So in essense, she should put all that has happened behind her, adopt a new approach, be nice to everyone, manage her expectations, make peace with her own family and that of her husband.
More importantly,work on improving her self, there has to be some nice women groups to belong to so that she can be a little distracted from all the house drama.find time to go out ,take that breath of fresh air and come back feeling better

May God lead and guide her
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Lucrativress(f): 10:08am On Feb 10, 2021
mrblessed:
Why did she deactivate when she has written what amounts to a Master's dissertation without waiting to sit for the "defence?" I stridently decry many loses here: lose of financial resources and lose of cognitive and intellectual resources. Is the deactivation executed to protect her image on this platform? Will the "dissertation" be held up to scrunity and suffer severe punctures? Is there a chance that the husband would chance upon her "dissertation," and consequently tore it to shred.

If only she knew what she missed by this uncharacteristic, knee-jerk, and premature deactivation. At least most nairaland ladies are predictably disposed to swallow her "dissertation" hook, line, and sinker without pausing to see if really there are areas she has shortcomings, and insanely take the man, a very "bad" man indeed, to the cleaners.
Be calming down small small
From what I can deduce here,her self worth was trampled on before she got married and she just didn't work on it
OP if you can see this then you know what I mean,in a bid to regain it back,maybe just maybe you didn't go it the right way,you never know what wearing a smile does.
You didn't sit with your Husband to really understand him,talk things out with him and all before getting married,drawing out scenario's just to ascertain future possibilities.
Your Husband loves you but you have to find back your self worth
Men are different, some are sensible while some are highly insensible.
In situations like this,it's either you further lost yourself and simply don't give a Bleep or you find yourself.
I can bet it with you that the first one will make your people leave you alone and be like "this one no send us"
The second takes work,takes compromise and adding value to yourself
If your Husband said go out to find work,he might just be sending a sort of message,he will appreciate you more by doing that,find a work that gives ample time to still do your writing.
You don't want to lost yourself and you don't want to lose your Marriage.
Some men are highly sensible never forget,while some are not sensible.
What you want is to make him value you again,so start accommodating people's excesses while you work on yourself
OP wear a smile,go out and so that Job, take the one that still gives you time to write,gather your money and keep working on your savings
Put a call to your MIL just to ask about her welfare.
Send new month text to your Brother In Law.
Behave like a Babalawo just gave you a potion to add to your Husband's meal and he told you to start acting super loving so they don't suspect you.
You want to take everyone by surprise so when you're sure you're almost without blemish and you've gathered enough.
Feel free to lie that your work just sent you on a vacation to so so so and spend your time there alone,tell him he told you to work.
If you have to separate, you don't want any fault to yourself and trust me, your Husband will feel your value,want you more than ever before,then you can state your terms and conditions.
Because this man provides for you,he only stopped valuing you cause your self worth to your ownself declined
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by fineboynl(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2021
he will always treat his bothers and siblings above you. it's called courtesy. even his close friends he will treat them more when they come visiting. you are the host and you have to bear and treat strangers well.

I remember back then when we are expecting visitor that is the only time my father will buy fuel in the generator, tell us to clean the house and bring money for quality meal until they left. such treatment is not what we will expect from him.

you are just like my friend babe. when I was staying with them she will tell the boy junior brother not to wash the plates. she will serve my food and put the smallet meat. and give my friend and herself the biggest meat.

I really don't need the food. I really just don't know how I will tell them I don't want it. if i don't eat it would be a big problem so I just had to bear everything while staying with them.

but today this has changed, I am far better than them which they know, and she is now finding all means to come close to me and be kind to me but it's already too late. she has brought many of her friends for me to enjoy but I refuse them all. when I am around she will cook and put the food in one plate for me and my friend to eat. I will just laughed inside. but I have block her from all channels

women like you are very wicked, leaving someone else child with you will suffer from maltreating. you are bad and with bad manners. I hate people like you and your husband knows this and that why he is following you that way.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Acidosis(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
You both are at fault. You focus too much on petty things abeg. So, if my friend or brother comes visiting, I shouldn't put on the generator to entertain our guests because we don't usually use generator in the afternoon? What sort of rubbish is this na? So if a guest, an adult, comes visiting, you would leave them with Nickelodeon because your children must watch tv? Na like this dem take dey spoil children o. Please show them how to treat guests and strangers.

Your husband is at fault for looking down on your daily hustle and speaking ill about you (whether true or false) to his family. Other issues you have here seem petty.

Mind you, your husband does not love his brother more than his children. That's a lie, you're just too insecure to the extent you compare your husband's relationship with his brother to his relationship with his kids. Stop that! Circumstances differ. You don't expect your husband to abandon a guest he probably haven't seen in ages because you're too insecure to see him around his brother. He's been with his kids from birth, isn't?

That being said, work on yourself and hope for a change from your husband. Insecurity would make you read meanings to many petty and useless things. Being in a introvert -extrovert relationship even makes you more susceptible to these insecurities. For the sake of your sanity, please learn to ignore petty issues.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by djon78(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
LadySarah:
Dear Op, you aren't wrong .Dont let anyone blame you .Dont let them kill your esteem. This is how women develop hbp and which if you die, your husband will marry another woman who will maltreat your kids. Your MIL can only backtrack if your husband puts her in her place. As it stands he doesn't know his duties.A mother has her place and a wife her place.

The unfortunate thing is that your immediate family that should have your back isnt being supportive so you see yourself all alone. I'm sending you hugs.

You owe yourself to be happy. Is their anything that makes you happy?Go out and meet friends or join an organisation or cell that will keep you out of the house sometimes. Come home happy, smiling, bubbly and gist with your friends and kids. If they deny your kids cartoons, buy play stuffs for them.Read kiddies books with them. Pray about your well-being and theirs and continue doing your work with joy. Pray loud, play jams, stop wallowing in self pity.

You are better than what they tell you. Should you choose to leave, save up more. I'm happy you have something doing. God will bless your efforts.

Op this is a very good advice
Focus on things that make you happy
Don't let no one make you miserable
Get a hold of yourself

But honestly
Many women are going through a lot in marriage
Many are married to very insensitive men
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by djon78(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
adanny01:

Best advice to you but wrong in so many levels.

You don't advice a married man or woman to be independent. It's better to tell them to get a divorce than encourage them to do what will further separate them.

Not when one is married to insensitive and selfish partner
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by djon78(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
adanny01:

When you want to get a story like this right, don't assume things that you cannot be too sure.

Are you telling me because you have been on other women groups and heard so many stories so this means these women are all maltreated by men.

It may surprise you to find out things are different from what you were told. These stories are given to you with a lot of sentiment, highly opinionated and sometimes intended to attract sympathy which the person needs as encouragement to continue in the wrong perception of their situations.

Girls are raped, boys are raped too but how many times do you hear a case of a raped boy?

Women suffer in the hands of men, men suffér in the hands of women but you get to hear one side every time without hearing the other side.

The problem is how we think of the situation.

Op came hear with a problem, our responsibility is to pick her fault and tell her how to become better. If you tell her her husband is at fault without telling her her own faults, she makes no corrections and it becomes worst.

Worst is telling her how to become worst, example telling her to hide her money. What if the husband finds out and it becomes worst for them. He provides his for the family and she hides hers, if I find out then it's not about the money, but the trust.

Oga very many men are insensitive when it comes to marriage
Many women are unhappy in there marriages
Some are just hanging on because of their children

Some women wait when the kids are grown start sowing bad things about there father's and some treat the man like trash

I have seen families where this things play out

Men should be affectionate and empathize with there wives
Some once the woman has born finish for them
They don't even have time for her again or even give her attention

That's why many homes are nothing to write home about

Also why many young women today alreadly come into marriage with toxic and war mind after hearing what other women go through.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by dayleke: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
I don't even know where to start from.... I'm so very sad right now I feel like dying. I think I made a wrong choice or I'm the one with the problem.

Please read till the end. I'll try to be as truthful as possible and I will deactivate after writing.

I'm a writer and I work from home. I've worked in several places before now without any success. My husband always insist that I get a full-time job even when I make 80-100k working from home. I've never made that much since I was leaving home to work for people. I've always contributed my quota to the home.

I don't want to work for anyone because of the kids. I want to save and get a side business. Hubby keeps relegating what I do like it's not a job.

I don't know why, but his mum just doesn't see anything good in me. She's said it on many occasions that no matter your level of education as a woman, it will all end in the kitchen. She always want to know everything about me from hubby and he never disappoints.

He once told her when I started writing that i wasn't earning much (which was true) and I was mad at him because she started making snide remarks about what I do whenever she has the opportunity. Hubby would even support what she says and they'd sometimes laugh together. He never tells them something good about me.

Hubby has once told me that my certificate is useless. He's also once mentioned that after building his house and anything happens to him, he'll be happy that his family (he always refers to his parents and 7 siblings as his family) will have something to share. He used his younger brother as next of kin, so I'm not surprised.

I forced him to buy the property whereas his mum says he's still young and doesn't really have need for property (he's in his mid thirties).

Before we got married....

My family betrayed me when I ought to get married to him because the first born of our home said she will have to get married first and our wedding couldn't hold as a result ( I was already pregnant). I wasn't happy about this and I told my husband how disappointed I was with what my sisters and mum did.

I thought he had my back. I thought he'd always have my back. But I was wrong. He and his mum ended up saying I must have been a terrible person for my sisters to stop me from getting married.

I have a younger sister in school. She usually comes to spend the holidays with me and take care of the kids. Last year, hubby's 4th younger brother came to live with us because hubby wants to help him with his job. He works with hubby and they come home together.

I noticed some changes when he arrived:

Hubby will be with him and they'll discuss until 11 or 12 midnight before coming to the room to meet me.

He doesn't clear his plates after eating ( when I complained, hubby would rather pack the plates himself than tell him)

He would watch whatever station his brother wants to watch and even stop my kids from watching cartoons. (Hubby didn't see anything wrong in this still)

Hubby starts putting on the gen earlier than before and put it off when the light is back. He doesn't do this before. He'd always give us time and off it without considering my little children. If I buy fuel, he'll start saying I'm becoming proud.

He always satisfies his brother and we never eat without meat (before his brother arrived, we use to eat without meat on many occasions)

I'm a very emotional person and I dislike cheating. I called my husband's attention to these things but he always replies "you nag too much. You're a very troublesome person". He says he never nags about my sister, so why should I disturb his brother?

I decided to keep quiet at this point but I wasn't happy that he was treating his brother better than I and his kids.

I spoke to him harshly one of the days his brother wasn't around after exhausting all manners of communication. I said he doesn't have sense and doesn't know how to balance things in his home. The next thing he did was to hit me and beat me up.

He called his mum and dad after this and I heard them laughing on the phone. It was a very terrible day for me. I packed a few things the next day and left the home. My mum, uncle and everyone started telling me to go back to him (after warning him against doing such next time).

Everyone were concerned about the kids. My mum told me to go back but ensure that I keep quiet and respect him and that I shouldn't cause problems between him and his siblings since he appears to love them more.

I am not happy right now. I'm very very sad. He doesn't appear to be remorseful about the whole thing even though he begged me to return. In fact, I had to tell my people that I wasn't going back until he begs me to return before he apologized. He was even laughing at me when I was leaving. Then when I got back, he said:

"I don't know what happened now that you're packing your load. I don't know who will marry someone with kids". He's always saying nobody will marry someone with kids.

My heart sank when I heard these words. He laughed as he said this. Now, I don't understand what's going on because this was a man that paid my school fees in 400 level, he was my first love, I loved him like life itself, I helped him secure his present job and he never appreciates me for that.

I always speak highly of him before my family. I respect him a lot before now but I don't even understand him anymore. He doesn't seem to care about my happiness.

Or am I being selfish? I only wanted him to do things the right way. Is it a crime to love your wife and children like you love your siblings?

His brother left after the fight and my sister never returned too (I told her not to). I don't know what he told his brother.

After the fight, his mother lied against me but I was lucky to put the call on record since it's not her first time of doing it. She said I abused her and threatened over the phone (which was all lies). She also reported me to the head of their family and my mum.

I later played the recorded call to hubby and his dad, but they still blamed me. Hubby didn't even admit that his mum was wrong. I have always known his mum doesn't like me but I never knew she could lie against me.

Now, mum is telling me to be patient and stay for my children. I have saved up over half a million and I'm starting to think of leaving to a very far place where he can not reach me and my children. He doesn't seem to bother or care about us when we left when he beat me and I'm beginning to think he doesn't value us. Although, he promised not to repeat it again.

I'm dying inside and I don't think I can take this anymore. Hubby puts me down in front of everyone like I'm a nobody. I'm an introvert. I don't talk too much but hubby is am extrovert. He keeps making me feel less of a human and I'm losing it.

He keeps blaming me for making his brother leave and he doesn't seem to understand my points at all. I believe no one is perfect but is it okay for a man to support his siblings and mum without mentioning their faults, while mentioning his wife's faults to everyone that cares to listen?

Please let me know if there's any better ways I would have handled these issues. Can I survive in this marriage? My love for him seems to be reducing by the day and I'm not emotionally balanced. I'm not happy at all and he doesn't even seem to care.

He goes about his daily business as if we don't have issues. Is it because I've never denied him sex? Is he taking me for granted? He will only apologise when he needs sex and go back to status quo. He even forces me sometimes.

I don't even know who I am anymore. Am I a bad person? I've always been the up and doing wife of the family. I'm the first wife and his mum maltreat me unlike other wives because their husbands shouts at the mum not to kill their wives. My husband doesn't care if I'm overworked, as long as it's his mum. I think I've been used and I don't worth a thing anymore. I'm dying emotionally.

Please dm me....
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
I will advice you the way I did advice myself. Show yourself some love. You are better than being someone's footmat. You should define what your duties/responsibilities are and do them diligently. Don't do any extra. Love him the way you have always loved him but please do not love him more than you love yourself.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by dupsy400(f): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
Madam for the next one month, try and behave as if you don't have husband in that house. You are giving him too much attention.
Focus on your self.
Get busy
Get a life
Be happy and choose your happiness yourself and be happy with your own company.
Ire oooo
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by culf: 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
pray more, put more attention on God, your kids and your happiness. Ignore all what they say or do, as much as possible.

Its not your fault, your husband is the cause but try to avoid quarrels with him or his people. Stop seeking special attention from him though its your right, keep yourself busy with God, your kids and your personal happiness.

May God see you through.

#Do your duty as a wife please

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by sloo1: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ishilove:

And this, folks, takes the award for the shittiest comment of 2021 first quarter.

Our family culture sometimes affects our perception of what is right and wrong.

In my own house, my wife or the domestic staff clears the table after meal. Imagine i visit my brother and the wife suggest, even with her body language, that I should clear my table (ofcourse that's unthinkable)...

In your own family it's possible your husband has the responsibility of washing the plates after meal. That is not bad if it's your understanding but telling your matured visiting brother in-law to wash his plates after meal, I think that's what is shitty. The OP's husband understands that, that's why he tried to cover for his brother thereby protecting both his brother and his wife. He is a good man.

I have gone beyond insulting people in online forum. I wish you all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by ImaIma1(f): 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
Cutehector:
Husband's side of the story first... Una too dey like to blame even ant for everything

Funny how you guys never ask for the wife's side of the story when it's a man who opens a thread.Men are never wrong in your eyes.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by ImaIma1(f): 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
sloo1:
The truth is your might be a good person but you have not been a good wife. I will give you reasons when I wake up.

The problems:

You are jealous, insecure and a bit arrogant.

The circumstances surrounding you wedding - your pregnancy, rejection by your family, your perceived inlaws perception of you, made you insecure.

You are jealous of your husbands attention to his family and you are either arrogant or suffering from inferiority complex or both.

The solution:

Love and respect those whom your husband love - his family. Engage his siblings in healthy conversations. Made them your friends. Show them care and love. Sometimes join their conversation with your husband. Remember that your husband has been showing such care and love to his family long before he met you.

Work on acquiring a humble heart. Asking your brother in-law to wash his plate when you and your sister are there is example of your arrogant or inferiority complex in action. From your description of him he is not a small boy. Does your husband wash his own plates too.

If you become humble and stop thinking much of yourself you will be at peace with yourself and will be a lovely woman to both your husband and in-laws.

Your husband also needs advice but since he is not here no need to go on

What are you saying?

When a man is married, his wife and children come first. If he treats his siblings and his mum better than his own wife and kids, he has a serious problem.

It doesn't matter if his family was there before her. As long as he decided to build his own family, his obligation is first to them. If he still wanted to be joined to his parents and siblings, he shouldn't have bothered with marriage.

Marriage is for men and from her summation, the husband is a boy.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by adanny01(m): 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
djon78:

Not when one is married to insensitive and selfish partner

The insensitive and selfish partner can be male or female.

You seem to 4get
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Cutehector(m): 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

Funny how you guys never ask for the wife's side of the story when it's a man who opens a thread.Men are never wrong in your eyes.
have we met? Have you gone through over 1300 pages of my entire posts on nairaland to determine if i have never asked for the wife's side of the story?

You will just enter nairaland and type waaaaaaaaaaaaa without asking yourself if your post makes sense.
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by ImaIma1(f): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
Rule numbet 1 in marriage..

Don't badmouth your spouse in front of your family.

When both of you later settle and forgive each other, your family will not be as forgiving.

So all these telling mummy and siblings every wrong and fault of your spouse is foolishness. Protect the one you love.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Ishilove: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2021
sloo1:

Our family culture sometimes affects our perception of what is right and wrong.

In my own house, my wife or the domestic staff clears the table after meal. Imagine i visit my brother and the wife suggest, even with her body language, that I should clear my table (ofcourse that's unthinkable)...

In your own family it's possible your husband has the responsibility of washing the plates after meal. That is not bad if it's your understanding but telling your matured visiting brother in-law to wash his plates after meal, I think that's what is shitty. The OP's husband understands that, that's why he tried to cover for his brother thereby protecting both his brother and his wife. He is a good man.

I have gone beyond insulting people in online forum. I wish you all the best.
Whatever.

Different strokes. Why will a grown man eat and leave his plates behind? Speaks if ill breeding
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by fineboynl(m): 1:19am On Feb 11, 2021
Ishilove:

Whatever.

Different strokes. Why will a grown man eat and leave his plates behind? Speaks if ill breeding
that's how most Africans are brought up. it's disrespecting for the wife to tell her husband that.

read this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/6340847/men-not-enter-kitchen-one

men really need t husle oh. I just can't imagine if their wife became breadwinner
Re: I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. by Tedpgrass: 4:45am On Feb 11, 2021
Lots of useful advice earlier

You aren't a bad person
Your marriage is very much salvageable

Need some marriage counselling and some personal coaching to tweek away the rough edges... Whilst setting boundaries and expectations.

Good luck..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Washing Your Husband's Siblings Clothes, Right Or Wrong? / PLS Help!My Daughter Chooses Food. / Is It Bad To Reveal Your Salary Package To Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.