Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (21264 Views)

Bolt Nigeria Sacks 22 Employees (Out Of 45) / I Receive Survival Grant Today, / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Jollylolly(f): 8:58am On Feb 08, 2021
So Nigerians are now trying to complain that they have been taken advantage of having denied the existence of survival fund.....serve you right

2 Likes

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Godbless3(m): 9:02am On Feb 08, 2021
This Akwa Ibom matter dey tire me die.. Everybody dey claim to be christian, but once money show face, their greedy part is out.
Christianity is not about going to church but about trying to show that Christ-like characters on a daily basis, love and kindless etc to fellow humans.

3 Likes

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by IamPlato(m): 9:06am On Feb 08, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Thunder1010: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2021
sad
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by okefranci: 9:09am On Feb 08, 2021
Akwa Ibom with their wahala
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by rinrin23(f): 9:13am On Feb 08, 2021
But why is basic understanding and reasoning so far from the average Nigerian?. Both employers and employees are ignorant in this matter.

This initiative is called Payroll Support. It is clearly stated that the government will help micro and small businesses pay their workers' salary for 3 months. Employers are to register a list of employees that they would like the government to assist with paying their salary. This is why employees details are submitted. The government is helping businesses pay their workers .

It is foolish of the employee to receive the monies in their account and still expect salary payment from the business. It is also foolish of the employer to think this is free money and struggle to collect/share it while still struggling to pay salaries. If you have 20 employees, the government is going to help you pay salary of 10 so your business can be relieved of that burden for the next 3 months. This is not free money for the employees or free money for the employer, it has a purpose.

Now if your salary is 20k and government paid 30k, if you understand that your employer has been struggling to pay salaries why not agree to remit the extra 10k that can be used to help pay others salary. If your employer doesn't want it then that's good.

Again read carefully it's called MSME Payroll Support. It is primarily for supporting businesses to ensure they survive the impact of Covid19. Sigh!

3 Likes

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by saintade01(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2021
I thought you people said this thing is not real on this forum?

Keep abusing Buhari up and down

For those doubting, another rounds of registration is coming up, If you like miss out again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by saintade01(m): 9:33am On Feb 08, 2021
Jollylolly:
So Nigerians are now trying to complain that they have been taken advantage of having denied the existence of survival fund.....serve you right

Don't mind them
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Originalsly: 9:36am On Feb 08, 2021
CalliDora1:

Greedy lots. They had to fire that woman.

My school director says another registration is on now ( which is true cos I've confirmed it) but that she's not going to help anybody again this time around because we refused to give her 50% of the first one we got. Whereas we gave her 15%.

The Hotel is even still reasonable. At least he's asking for the others who didn't get but my director wanted thr 50% for herself.

Just quoting you because you best express how people bring on oppression on themselves but be blaming others...... you best express the reason why such happen in Nigeria and not other countries. The grant is for the owner of the bank account only.... all of it. It is illegal for the employer to take from it. If you decided to give all or part of it to the employer.... that's on you.[/b]If you are threatened or demanded to hand over all or part of it.... [b]report to the Police or EFCC... it is blackmail.
40 employees but only 10 slots..... the money belong to those 10 persons. Should the FG be collecting tax on income...... N30 000 × how many months will be collected from each owner of those 10 bank accounts. Will the employer collect taxes from the other employees to meet your demand by the FG? Who will the EFCC drag to court for tax fraud?.... all the employees or you? Bottom line.... employer demanding you to hand over your grant is blackmail period.
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by tiswell(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2021
CalliDora1:

My school director says another registration is on now ( which is true cos I've confirmed it) but that she's not going to help anybody again this time around because we refused to give her 50% of the first one we got. Whereas we gave her 15%.

The Hotel is even still reasonable. At least he's asking for the others who didn't get but my director wanted thr 50% for herself.
what round of registration... Survival fund?
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by luminouz(m): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2021
CalliDora1:

Oya... which other registration is ON ooo?
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by lakeside2gud(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2021
This is really something I'm aware of right now . A proprietor in Abk,Ogun state exploited 10 members of staff after getting their statements of account ,BVN , stating that it will bd their own benefit only to change words asking 8 teachers that received to refund d change back to the school's account for those whose salaries were not up to 30k and that was for the first batch and for the subsequent ones 3 out of 8 refused to remit the 2nd n 3TD batches asking and forcing those registered and are still working to forcefully submit their statements of account again as proof . 3 was inappropriately told to go back home ,one was told to leave before this term resumption and still want him to remit ,another told d boss she had spent the 2batches paid and the third resigned honourably but d boss sent a letter to her in her of defrauding the FG/the school of 2months . However , 2 of the staff that didn't receive,the proprietor used the January salary as bait to asked for the statement of account claiming that she was told all her staff was paid ,one of the 2 dropped her statement and nothing was found and the other rejected that she has no right over her statement of account that she should get her proof at the bank and the person was not allowed in school the next day and the January salary still held .
This is proprietor that didn't pay for April salary of last session and nothing was paid for the 6months of schools lockdown ,made empty promises that out of the 6 months lockdown ,she will try and for 2 months and April before the FG survival came up . The salary for the month of march was paid last year September when the school resumed for the new session.The FG also paid employers 50k for the 3 months ,imagine !!! .

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Petyprince: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2021
what did you do?
abir:
All the private schools in kaduna did that. The purpose was defeated. I work in a private school, the proprietor threaten me and my husband that we have to submit the money.
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Kwara1stson: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
The Hotel manager is a male. Got it?
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by lakeside2gud(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2021
If the FG don't really want the employees get the money ,they would have asked and paid all the money into the employer's account . Mind you , these employers also got paid in the scheme .While some employers through connections had their way and all the money was paid into their account to avoid this trouble .But thus person didn't owe for April and tried paying half salary for the months of lockdown till August last year, so the employees were not really mad at that move . Smart boss.
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by lakeside2gud(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
@petyprinve.Nothing has been done . The so called boss is still lingering on what to do . She has threaten arrest . what did you do plz ?
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Petyprince: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
That's why people shouldn't see their place of work as final bus stop, as far as it's privately owned. If the employer thinks u are stranded surprise him/her by living the job. Schools that even pay peanut
lakeside2gud:
This is really something I'm aware of right now . A proprietor in Abk,Ogun state exploited 10 members of staff after getting their statements of account ,BVN , stating that it will bd their own benefit only to change words asking 8 teachers that received to refund d change back to the school's account for those whose salaries were not up to 30k and that was for the first batch and for the subsequent ones 3 out of 8 refused to remit the 2nd n 3TD batches asking and forcing those registered and are still working to forcefully submit their statements of account again as proof . 3 was inappropriately told to go back home ,one was told to leave before this term resumption and still want him to remit ,another told d boss she had spent the 2batches paid and the third resigned honourably but d boss sent a letter to her in her of defrauding the FG/the school of 2months . However , 2 of the staff that didn't receive,the proprietor used the January salary as bait to asked for the statement of account claiming that she was told all her staff was paid ,one of the 2 dropped her statement and nothing was found and the other rejected that she has no right over her statement of account that she should get her proof at the bank and the person was not allowed in school the next day and the January salary still held .
This is proprietor that didn't pay for April salary of last session and nothing was paid for the 6months of schools lockdown ,made empty promises that out of the 6 months lockdown ,she will try and for 2 months and April before the FG survival came up . The salary for the month of march was paid last year September when the school resumed for the new session.The FG also paid employers 50k for the 3 months ,imagine !!! .
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Petyprince: 10:28am On Feb 08, 2021
She wants to put fear into you. Arrest u for? What did u do? Rather she's the one to be arrested. Don't give her a dime. Inshort report her to the police if possible.
lakeside2gud:
@petyprinve.Nothing has been done . The so called boss is still lingering on what to do . She has threaten arrest . what did you do plz ?

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Hassanmaye(m): 10:37am On Feb 08, 2021
IamPlato:
Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC6Yfx25YWc&t=2s
What makes me laugh was where he said " when someone is in dilemma in a situation where there is police chasing him at the same time he site kidnappers he preferred to meet the kidnappers than to go to the police, Blood of Zachariah may God save us in this country
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Samiah33(m): 10:37am On Feb 08, 2021
femi4:
A proprietress did the same in a private school
she would never see this, never. Why she hates men we would never know, I pity her except she doesn't give birth to a male child then she is free, but if she does then the bills gets due
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by IamPlato(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

What makes me laugh was where he said " when someone is in dilemma in a situation where there is police chasing him at the same time he site kidnappers he preferred to meet the kidnappers than to go to the police, Blood of Zachariah may God save us in this country
Lol.. Thats The Truth Sir.

Police Is Another Level Of Danger To Our Lives.

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Samiah33(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2021
lakeside2gud:
This is a female too oo, madam future is a female, we keep hearing of cases where housemaids are disfigured or scared even kill and 95% of them are female, yet our madam would not say anything about it
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by IamPlato(m): 10:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

you really went deep into the video

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by johnkey: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2021
femi4:
A proprietress did the same in a private school
bros u get time to dey reply that demented fool.
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Rimemba: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2021
Please. Does it mean that when the employee get paid the 30k monthly, then the company will also pay them salary for those months too. Or will the 30k be subtracted from their monthly payment.?
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2021
tiswell:
what round of registration... Survival fund?

Yes another FG survival fund registration is ongoing. I've opened the portal like twice and filled it but when I got the CAC part I paused because I don't have a CAC. It's a company registration number.

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2021
rxmusa:
If they indeed shared it among all the workers, it's understandable.
Many private schools were only able to enroll 10 employees whereas they have about 19 teachers or more. Hence, the need for equity. The one I knew asked each beneficiary to share the money with a colleague that wasn't enrolled and still 2 more employees couldn't get it and the school sort it for them too in order to create balance.

Its well. The school tried.

1 Like

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by allsubjects(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in what the hotel management did,although it depends on the initially agreement,it happened to me in the school where I teach,all the teachers were eligible but not every staff were privilege to register,i was among the privilege. we were initially told by the proprietor that the money would be given to the school,so that we can all benefit and when it was paid ,we did as agreed, it was used as part of the monthly salary.
Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by favour32(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Never till eternity, common maid they can't treat well, they have to pour hot water on her, if you are working and your boss is a woman the kind of insult you go receive no be here
Females will never dominate the world.
Na males permanent seat.
Another woman pikin, another woman nor want see am.Just like some animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant by rxmusa(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

Why do you want El-Rufai a the vice president come 2023?
I'm a resident of Kaduna who's witnessing the productive infrastructures and policies that he's impacting people with. Even though he has his shortcomings, he's the best governor we ever had in Kaduna State

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Difference Between Resignation And Retirement? / Ican May 2015 Result Expected July 10, 2015. / Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.