Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,547 members, 7,840,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria (16054 Views)

Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos / Abdullahi Bello Bodejo To Fulani Herders: Don’t Obey Open Grazing Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Which category you dey?

The fulanis that are below you category are already claiming your lands and raping your women unchallenged and here you are claiming to be above there level .

I laugh at people like you.

Soon, an Emir will be installed in Ogun and oyo state by the fulanis and nothing will be done about it .

I love how you stood up to him. One wonders how people reason in this forum. So shameful, toothless and gutless

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
@Poster - more deaths from Fulani clashes than Boko-Haram .. in my books that makes them worse than terrorists
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
MoIbrahim:

A criminal should be treated as a criminal. But why make the ethnicity of the criminal part of his profile?
Ibrahim I no dey for Taqiya o.

Fulanis are Terrorists

If they feel it's not their actual nomenclature they would do a lot to end the blood thirst of their people
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Which category you dey?

The fulanis that are below you category are already claiming your lands and raping your women unchallenged and here you are claiming to be above there level .

I laugh at people like you.

Soon, an Emir will be installed in Ogun and oyo state by the fulanis and nothing will be done about it .

Abeg shut up. We know you Igbos live to belittle and malign Yorubas.

If not, what makes you think criminal elements amongst the Fulanis, perhaps 1 million at most, will not be decimated in literally days across the SW minus the police, Army, DSS and FG all firmly behind them as is the case today?

Some of you talk like uneducated cavemen because of hate you have for others. As if it is realistically possible for Fulanis to present even the most minimal challenge to 30 plus million Yorubas in their ancestral land but for FG might that is wholly and partisanly tipped in their favour. Their 'alagbara' won't always be there anyway so let us keep watching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by naijamerican: 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
SuperBold:
Fulani and igbos are the same.... Why Fulani domination is vivid and clear.... Igbos own is subtle, the only flaw in igbo and Fulani domination is that they can't manage resources.... Igbo can't even manage tiny alaigbo they have, Fulani own is just cow, no economy importance.

This two tribe should give up and let us live in peace. If not for Lord Luggard... We no dey d same category.
see this mumu fool. I hope you support Biafra typing this rubbish.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Iykoto86(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
South west people has been mocking herdsmen the most. They have refused us access to good grass, by planting food on the bushes where we are supposed to feed our flock.
you are the worst human being in this forum.So the Yoruba man should not plant crops in his ancestral land because the Fulani man must graze his livestock? You guys will not end well in this country.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Iykoto86(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
helinues:

Chinedu, be proud of your lineage..

It is only inferiority complex that would make one to be claiming a tribe he is not from
I don't get it?
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
AbijaJ:
True. But no be only Fulani. Same applies to all other tribes in Nigeria. We are all frustrated. undecided

from my findings, some of the alledged bandits and kidnappers are from the south.....but the activities of some criminal elements in those herders......don tag all the fulanis as killers.....those herders need to flush out those criminal in their mist.....

oga, speak for yourself....i am not frustrated. I am irritated and furious about the current situation in this bleeding country....
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Ever8090: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
South west people has been mocking herdsmen the most. They have refused us access to good grass, by planting food on the bushes where we are supposed to feed our flock.
what do you mean by planting grass on areas you are supposed to feed your cows?..who allocated those land to you people?
So they should not plant there crop for food because you want to feed your cows abi?..I am not from South West but I urge the people of south west to protect their land against you people with all they gat..
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Iykoto86(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Obamaofusa:
Fulanis have been defeated.
na so I see am.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by MansoryMX(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

A Hungry Nigerian is an Angry Nigerian and and An Angry Nigerian can no longer differentiate when someone wants to be sarcastic or not. I hope you are being sarcastic or else Ogun kee you there!
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Logan23:

Shut up.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by ggood: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
SuperBold:
Fulani and igbos are the same.... Why Fulani domination is vivid and clear.... Igbos own is subtle, the only flaw in igbo and Fulani domination is that they can't manage resources.... Igbo can't even manage tiny alaigbo they have, Fulani own is just cow, no economy importance.

This two tribe should give up and let us live in peace. If not for Lord Luggard... We no dey d same category.
Your right Ignore dominated we Niger Delta in old Eastern region that was why we wanted out
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by omoluka: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2021

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by omoluka: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by omoluka: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
GeoAfrikana:

Last year, I met a Fulani boy who came to serve in South West. He said whenever police is involved in dispute between herders and farmers, police deliberately inflate the price farmers mention for their own personal interest. In the end, both the farmer and herder lose and only the police gain.

I've been to a farm settlement in Iseyin, Oyo State, I saw some of those herdsman struggling to control their cattle. Truth is, cattle are just like little children, many will listen to simple instruction but some few will be stubborn. And you know, these herders are human, sometimes they may get fed up with the stubbornness of the animals and relax for them to do as they wish. Many women too give expensive things (like their phones) to their kids to play when they're troubling them too much.

Some of those cattle even sneak away from their owners sight to feed on a special grass then come back to join the herd. Many times, the special grass is someone's crop. If the owner is around, the herders pay for the damages, if he isn't the herder runs away. Just like many drivers won't bother to stop if they hit a goat and the owner isn't nearby.

I've heard of cases where the herder had to sell a stubborn cow just because it's putting him into too much trouble. Sometimes it's not convenient for them because the stubborn bull is the only strong male that is servicing the cows but he'll have to chose between that and debts.

Yes, there are bad ones among the cattle herders. But there are bad people everywhere. Let's stop demonizing a certain tribe.

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by omoluka: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
MoIbrahim:

A criminal should be treated as a criminal. But why make the ethnicity of the criminal part of his profile?

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by omoluka: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Iykoto86:
you are the worst human being in this forum.So the Yoruba man should not plant crops in his ancestral land because the Fulani man must graze his livestock? You guys will not end well in this country.
We only talk talk in the south with little or no action that is why these beast from the Sahel take us for granted

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by etrouble: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

This one is still at the psychiatric hospital
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
SilverNorGold:

https://m.dw.com/en/fulani-herders-endure-stigma-and-frustration-in-nigeria/a-45462127

I can't bother reading anything posted by this account. It will surely be a waste of precious time.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by smokeyupu(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

BUT THE CATTLE ARE SOLD AND TRADED IN THE OPEN MARKET... WHY NOT USE THE PROCEEDS TO BUY FODDER AND BUILD RANCHES LIKE ITS DONE IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD?

THE WORLD HAS CHANGED AND LAND IS BECOMING SCARCE...

AS LONG AS HERDERS KEEP MOVING CATTLE ALONG ANCIENT ROUTES THERE WILL BE CONFLICT...
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
MsAllison:
[s][/s] Shut up stop speaking from both side of your mouth
bloody attention seeker
gbegile boys always on standby to fix you
lzaa imhotep Gandollaar rekhina ThatFairGuy1 chocho54
I don't even know who he is anymore Yoruba,igbo,Fulani,Hausa Maybe he was born of multiple fathers undecided
theFilmtricsay
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by SanusiGworo: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
Self inflicted.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
MoIbrahim:

You are not serious
Is it not only the Fulani who herd?
I've never heard of a Igbo/Yoruba herdsman
Have you?
Improve your logical reasoning

theFilmtricsay
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by Litmus: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
Vardanes2:
All in all, the issue is, until we have a properly funded police and until Nigerians learn to allow the Law to do its job, instead of seeking quick revenge soilutions, this crisis will continue.

"

The thing that the herdsman should have done is called the police, and let them do their job.

But no, most Nigerians prefer self help and taking the laws into their own hands.

You are right and I've pointed this out in the past. The fact that Nigeria is without a functioning police is arguably the largest chunk of myriad problems we have. Another, is that which we inherited from our Native past when superstition was a major tenet of life. An example of how this primordial superstitious inheritance manifest itself in our contemporary society - in relation to your suggestions that Fulani call police - would be that if some Fulani had called the police, those for whom they called the police would cry loudly that the State is supporting Fulani by sending police to assists them.

This may be what happened in those cases reported on Niaraland about military supposedly fighting for the Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
Logan23:

Yoruba,You pple cant exist, survive and thrive without igbos
why do you think so?
theFilmtricsay
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
Logan23:

Shut up.
most of what he said is truth
theFilmtricsay
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by bigfish3k: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
SuperBold:

Rubbish as usual

You are begging fulanis to buy land and do their business just like the igbos are doing and adding to your IGR.

Please kindly explain how igbos and fulanis are the same

Igbo hatred kee you there

You always forget how you sacrificed your sons and daughters in war front in 1967 just to make sure that you continue to mingle with the igbos.

If igbos are bad how can you fight to death to keep them.

Can you fight to death to keep a fulani with you?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by firstratedcitiz(m): 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
There is no stigmatization. If there is, the Fulani brought it upon themselves. These wandering normads are gradually coming to be viewed and treated as social outcasts. A siege mentality pervades any society that harboured the Fulani, and justifiably so. If the Fulani did not amend his ways and live right amongst his hosts, he would be treated as unwelcome guest in any community that he found himself.
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
helinues:

Chinedu, be proud of your lineage..

It is only inferiority complex that would make one to be claiming a tribe he is not from

SHUT UP!!!
Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
SuperBold:

SHUT UP THERE!!!
KEEP TALKING TRASH TILL HERDSMEN WIPE OUT YOUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herders Endure Stigma And Frustration In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
[quote author=omoluka post=98864511][/quote]
He's right, cattle should be in the bush not streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akeredolu Judgement: APC Must Halt Nationwide Congress - Fetus Keyamo / Abdullahi Sule: 2023 Is Between PDP & APC; LP/NNPP Don't Have National Spread / Half Of The Things You're Hearing Are Rumours - Says Obi On Atiku, Rabiu Merge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.