Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Hindered/stopped You From Going To A Coding School Or Bootcamp? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Hindered/stopped You From Going To A Coding School Or Bootcamp? (302 Views)

My Experience At A Coding Bootcamp / Do You Need A Coding Mentor? / How Can I Become A Coding Expert Doing It By Myself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Hindered/stopped You From Going To A Coding School Or Bootcamp? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
Many people dream of becoming programmers and many seek a career change but a lot of times, factors like the price of a coding course, the location, the time etc affect one's decision when it comes to attending one

Pls share your experiences and share your reasons.
Re: What Hindered/stopped You From Going To A Coding School Or Bootcamp? by Sheriman(m): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2021
After having a good Laptop of 8 GB RAM above, some extra cash for data and food your journey to learning programming language has just getting started
Well, for me I think it is due to some financial constraint and time to sacrifice in the cause of learning it even learning programming on your own is huge because you have to sacrifice your time learning it which may hindered your normal work if you're already working. Learning programming involve a lot of time, dedication and hard work before you can become an expert in it.
You watch tutorials you read tutorial PDFs on different coding topics you spend money on data, sitting for hours writing codes not to talk when you run into bugs or issues sometimes you're tired and got frustrated and wanted to abandoned learning coding. All these things could take you 6 months or a year or more before you can begin fully understand how coding works.
Learning any programing language is not for the lazy guys or those who are in a hurry to know things in a rapid short period of time. You have to always practice practice practice practice practice practice and practice before you can become a good programmer.
There are still some free learning materials on some programming languages though not all. I think my own advice is to go for any language that has big community of users this will make it easier to get free learning materials online.
For example developer.andriod.com is a bootcamp for beginners who wants to learn Kotlin. Kotlin is fully supported by Google. Even Jetbrains also provided their own free learning materials for beginners who wants to learn Kotlin. There are many free learning materials online for learning Kotlin Basics as a beginner. There are many websites you can visit to learn Kotlin for free.. videos tutorial are on YouTube to download as well. You don't have to really spend so much on buying all these expensive courses. If someone know what he is doing you can be fine with all the free learning materials depending on which programming language you are learning because not all languages have free learning materials even free online tutorials.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ I Need Help On How To Get Remita Payment Gateway Api For Integration On Website / This Will Be Good For Your Website Or Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.