Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns (32918 Views)

Enugu: Ette Community Endorses Ugwuanyi For Senate, Peter Mbah, PDP Candidates / Election Campaigns: INEC Lists Guidelines For Conduct Of Rallies / Enugu Community Charging Station In Nkanu East LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Incognito403: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
Yet, Tinubu is the primary subject of concern to the online warriors.

Lagos is a slum, Lagos is overrated. Okay we don hear, abeg return to your erosion infested region, rara ooo dem no gree comot.

Even Fulani herders no stubborn reach them.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Rodwave: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
Babaibe:
I was one of the first three Corp members to be posted to Unyi Ette in 2010 ( Calvary secondary school). All the claims are true and I remembered, we almost lost our lives to this ownership problem between Kogi and Enugu when people took to the street to protest mayor's candidacy. Enugu government should please come to their aid or they should legally concede the area to Kogi.

N.B: Ette people are very accommodating, initially I thought I was sent to hell but later it became a home.

Your story is disjointed and lacks any clear cut information. What exactly are you talking about? You are a graduate for gods sake. Please write coherently
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Sagay212: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
But make we nor lie, we nigerian masses nor dey try at all. You will be surprised that when politicians visit this particular community in Enugu, the residents will come out to hail and dance for them. And it is thesame in every part of nigeria. We go see people wey dey make life hard for us korokoro and we nor go fit open mouth talk.
People wey we suppose dey beat anywhere we see them.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Oizee(f): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Biafrawemove:
How to identify a mad man.
He will wake up in the morning and run to a filling station to buy 5 liters of fuel for his tiger generator.He will charge his phone then rush to Twitter to lecture us on how Bubu has transformed this country to Dubai.
lol

1 Like

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by annyplenty(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
ksstroud:

Everybody will give account, not only leaders

both are right; one is a sub-set of the other. thank you for widening the horizon.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ette... The place were i was taken to be given the two or three tribal mark that igbo use to draw near the ear side.it was indeed in bad condition as of then. My mama use to tell how bad their road is. Never they are part of ezike oba self, i dnt hear people talk about them when speaking about ezike and in all the ezike groups that i was added on facebook i have never see were any member said that he or she is from ette.. I pray so development will reach ette and the whole ezike oba.

1 Like

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Niwdog(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
I have seen community worst than ette in same Enugu state
Ugwuanyi came to Ogrute to construct road and from ogrute te ette is not up to 5min journey

1 Like

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Babaibe: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
Rodwave:

Your story is disjointed and lacks any clear cut information. What exactly are you talking about? You are a graduate for gods sake. Please write coherently

You are so rude and very arrogant with your comment. Who cares about the political tussle in Ette. Pray you achieved half of what I have achieved in this academic sojourn. I only pity the good people I met while living there. Learn to respect people.fool

1 Like

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by olatade(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
Corruption makes people suffer while the greedy few enjoy the money which does not belong to them. Corruption is every Nation's BiG problem!
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Obason22(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
Haruna Idiris (Ward 1); Agada Innocent (Ward 2) and Abraham (Ward 3). No Enugu indegine answer such name.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Almaigaa: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
Enugu is one of the worst States in this Country.

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Rodwave: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
Babaibe:

You are so rude and very arrogant with your comment. Who cares about the political tussle in Ette. Pray you achieved half of what I have achieved in this academic sojourn. I only pity the good people I met while living there. Learn to respect people.fool

How is your comment better than mine? I don't care about your irrelevant academic sojourn, I'm only worried about how a graduate like you struggle to write a simple coherent story. Anything worth doing, is what doing well.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by vikiphy89(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
kponkedenge:
Not only in Enugu.... Most places in Nigeria, politicians don't visit there except during time for campaign to win reelection.

Almost all Nigerian politicians don't even live in their district... Something you can't try in developed countries.

We are way way backward with the type of democracy we practice.

U are talking of politicians hmm, traditional rulers for my side dont stay in the village. Many are in lagos and abuja but do visit and go if there is an important issue, one of my neighbouring community even lives in US but funny enough a king.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Homeboiy: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Before you come here to talk nonsense, please do a research about them

Ette people are very useless and confused people

They said they are not igbos bd they are not from Enugu state

They said they are from kogi state but you will hear someone tell you that his name is chukwuma from Ette in kogi state.
I know them too well cos I wrote my second waec there in 2011.

They rejected offers from Enugu state government
So they should stop shouting.

Inyi and amala people are enjoying the benefits of Enugu state
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Onuoha1234(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
I have the answer to this Nigerian problem.It is enunciated in my paper tiled The U IV3RSAL CLAY CONVERSION PROGRAMME, in which the people make brick block tile from clay by hand and use them to build any shelter for human use.The program means Mass Employment.Any State can call Onuoha Onucon Architects 08052331590 09099783115.It is my contribution to humanity not a profit making proposal.The problem is Partisan Politics where people are not appreciated for what they can contribute as proffessionals.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Ugo4hotish(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
not an excuse for lack of infrastructure

Since wey fgg sideline sotheast, you no see am talk abi
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Babaibe: 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Rodwave:

How is your comment better than mine? I don't care about your irrelevant academic sojourn, I'm only worried about how a graduate like you struggle to write a simple coherent story. Anything worth doing, is what doing well.

I will never stoop so low to your level. It is a free world. If you need a coherent story for publication, you can consult your elders in Ette. Your choice of words is very insulting and I doubt it if you have manners at all.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
Olodo24:
I agree. I was at Yenagoa a week ago and the place looked a fine village. A state capital. With how small that state is, one would think they'd manage it so well.
we had a useless governor by name Henry Seriake Dickson for eight years who succeeded in planting his stooge Douye Diri last year even though Bayelsans voted for David Lyon. Thw incompetence of the APC cost us again even after dashing them power. I digress, Dickson is the worst thing to happen to Bayelsa state
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Basher8583: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
Politicians are useless sha

Tell the truth. You did not read the post. Oya confess
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by emmaattack: 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Truth though bitter,, it's better to be told.
This is the real thing.
Despicable...
Going through this axis of Enugu state to my Area in Kogi state and having a common boundary speaks volumes.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Stanleyq: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2021
simhosting:
Enugu is hand of
Meaning?
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by bigfrancis21: 3:40am On Feb 09, 2021
Thinkfree:
The only community that can claim three state in Nigeria. They speak igbo,igala and idoma and also believes in juju like mad.

Interesting. Does every Ette indigene speak Igbo?
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by favour32(m): 4:26am On Feb 09, 2021
AfonjaFirstSon:
Abeg shift one place make person pass
Female wey wan trend by all means wey men dey.
We dey wait for dem...... with her unrealistic mantra of the future is female.
Make she nor enter kitchen cook egusi soup and pound akpu for her boyfriend or husband if at all she get the scarce commodity called husband (male).
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 09, 2021
[quote author=SirDelight post=98874389]Come 2023,,,, I hope we would start getting it right with our votes[/quote

That's how we the masses deceive ourselves every year. If we don't brace ourselves up and do the right thing, the same reshuffled set of people will come into power in 2023 by rigging , sharing of money/caps/t-shirts/foodstuffs and vote buying.
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Revolva(m): 7:50am On Feb 09, 2021
Homeboiy:
Before you come here to talk nonsense, please do a research about them

Ette people are very useless and confused people

They said they are not igbos bd they are not from Enugu state

They said they are from kogi state but you will hear someone tell you that his name is chukwuma from Ette in kogi state.
I know them too well cos I wrote my second waec there in 2011.

They rejected offers from Enugu state government
So they should stop shouting.

Inyi and amala people are enjoying the benefits of Enugu state

they are not confused as you think

they are igalas and idomas and few Igbo that makes up ette community ..the igalas were the first to settle there before the idomas came ...and few igbos from lower enugu join them in ancient times.

Its a man that caused this problem they fall into ...i cant remember his name...he is an igala man in the early 40's he confused ette people into then Anambra state ...later Enugu state was created and they found themselves there

though presently the idomas language is more spoken than Igala...but majority of the idomas that settled there are even of igala ancestry so ...relax

they are settlers that migrated from idah in kogi state to settle there but my problem is why they refuse development from enugu govt

i heard they have won the case and ceeded back to kogi state.

Also you can find Igalas speaking people in Nzam in Anambra west LgA ...of Anambra which border Ibaji LGA in kogi by river niger , also Ebu in oshimili north in Delta state and Ilushi in Edo state...all are Igalas who settled there long ago
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Owologbo(m): 10:15am On Feb 09, 2021
christejames:
Sad tale of Ette community...

According to folklore, the land they currently occupy belongs to Enugu-Ezike who welcomed them from as strangers and allowed they stay and live their lives up till this time...

But for the dearth of infrastructure there, that's just politics for you. I hope a leader emerges in Enugu state that will also see them as part of the state...
I won't totally blame the state governor over their non development.
A community that can boast of 3 councilor, chairman, house of assembly member with other governmental appointments should not be complaining of under development.

2 Likes

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by pazienza(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2021
Revolva:

they are not confused as you think

they are igalas and idomas and few Igbo that makes up ette community ..the igalas were the first to settle there before the idomas came ...and few igbos from lower enugu join them in ancient times.

Its a man that caused this problem they fall into ...i cant remember his name...he is an igala man in the early 40's he confused ette people into then Anambra state ...later Enugu state was created and they found themselves there

though presently the idomas language is more spoken than Igala...but majority of the idomas that settled there are even of igala ancestry so ...relax

they are settlers that migrated from idah in kogi state to settle there but my problem is why they refuse development from enugu govt

i heard they have won the case and ceeded back to kogi state.

Also you can find Igalas speaking people in Nzam in Anambra west LgA ...of Anambra which border Ibaji LGA in kogi by river niger , also Ebu in oshimili north in Delta state and Ilushi in Edo state...all are Igalas who settled there long ago

Stop writing nonsense.
Ette belongs to Ezike people. That their ancestors were grateful enough to harbour Igala refugees and Idoma migrants who now outnumber few of the Igbos there, does not give you right to start claiming people land.

Ette has always been part of Eastern region from the very beginning because the aboriginal Igbos there despite now being outnumbered by Idomas and Igala migrants remains proud Igbos and ensured the land stays in Igbo land.

The Idoma migrants who constitute the majority in Ette understand the situation and are grateful to their Igbo hosts, but you Igalas keep causing trouble. You will all soon be deported to Idah where your hapless ancestors came from l, if you continue on this part.

There are no Igala speakers in Nzam. Nzam speak Igala as second language for easy trade and interactions with their Igala neighbors.
Nzam is fully an Igbo speaking community.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nzam

This is how some of you Igalas went about editing Nzam Wikipedia page months ago to reflect your Igala agenda.

5 Likes

Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Abaman001(m): 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2021
Paxxcarl:
you’re a big fool

Like ur fada and ur idiotic moda
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2021
Abaman001:

Like my fada and my idiotic moda
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by Obaodunmorun162: 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2021
Bola Tinubu caused it About?
Re: Ette Enugu Community Where Politicians Visit Only During Election Campaigns by simhosting: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2021
Stanleyq:
Meaning?
Fill in the blank space

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AROKO - The Yoruba Hieroglyphics / Ambode Recontructs Apapa Oshodi Expressway / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.