Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu (23090 Views)

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku / Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / Obasanjo Urges Yahaya Bello To Sustain Fight Against Criminality (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by AerialMapper: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

SHUT UP grin grin

LOL
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Okeyson05: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
Most fraudsters are males.
I don't think you have anything educative to offer on this platform
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
Okeyson05:
I don't think you have anything educative to offer on this platform
Ask around I'm one of the few on this forum who create educative threads.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Brendaniel: 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
Ask around I'm one of the few on this forum who create educative threads.

With your one sided comments on each thread angry
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Mcslize: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
Mykelhendriz:
The future is cryptocurrency, take it or leave it!

If the world richest man can invest in cryptocurrency, who am I that won’t also invest in it?! When kidnappers was taking ransom in naira notes why wasn’t the naira banned?!

Since it is beyond their control and they can’t loot it they decided to ban it

What a country

Don't mind FG. They are just too clueless. They want all the youths to be in poverty. They won't succeed with their plans.

Crypto has change many youths lives. They want the youth to be slaves all their lives. Their plans won't work.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by IMAliyu(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
austinvsb:
Isn't this guy Igbo? Someone with his brains from the SE seems like the right pick for 2023 imho. It's high time this old clueless fools were removed from power.
I personally like the guy regardless of his tribe. In 2019 he was the only candidate that was making sense.
I'd vote for him if you decides to run again.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Mcslize: 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:
Today i had 1,020,000 equivalent in my crypto wallet, my car needed urgent repairs. I withdrew 64,000 naira. I currently have a balance of 1,008,000!

How is this possible? This is what keeping your money in crypto does!!!

Stop making the government feel important; their ban has no effect on trading or receiving funds!

Is that in Naira or in what coin?
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by God2man2again(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
The info on crypticurrencies is still vague.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by streetfabulous: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
Looking at it from the excuse that crypto-currency dealing is anonymous and untraceable, it is even better for dealers in crypto-currency to have bank accounts because every account has BVN and is subject to KYC. This will even help CBN to monitor and regulate transactions in digital currency.
With this hasty policy, CBN has closed a good opportunity for them to monitor these accounts because crypto-currency dealers will now default to peer-2-peer transactions which is difficult to regulate.
Digital currency is here to stay. CBN must wake up and smell the coffee. Like other countries, we should be thinking of a regulatory framework in readiness for the future instead of playing the ostrich and banning what they don't understand out of fear.
Even Global accounting bodies like ACCA are already debating standards that will be used to report crypto-currency in financial statements.

3 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by IMAliyu(m): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:
Today i had 1,020,000 equivalent in my crypto wallet, my car needed urgent repairs. I withdrew 64,000 naira. I currently have a balance of 1,008,000!

How is this possible? This is what keeping your money in crypto does!!!

Stop making the government feel important; their ban has no effect on trading or receiving funds!
I know the crypto market is bullish right now and everything is going up because in we are in the upward cycle.

But be cautious in 2017 it was the same before the crash. Which had btc drop form 20k to 6k USD.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Blackdisciple(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
If you can manage the risk of fraud in paper money and other electronic platforms, why can’t you think of managing it with cryptocurrencies.

This is coming from a former CBN governor

The one we are having now is there busy
freezing account of Nigerians and bowing down and greeting the cows so how would he know that he can manage cryptocurrency frauds without baning cryptocurrency exchange, Sleeping on duty ni.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
Mcslize:

Don't mind FG. They are just too clueless. They want all the youths to be in poverty. They won't succeed with their plans.

Crypto has change many youths lives. They want the youth to be slaves all their lives. Their plans won't work.

crypto will make people more poorer.

you are not elon mask, you are from africa, stop chewing more than you can bite.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by IMAliyu(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
streetfabulous:
Looking at it from the excuse that crypto-currency dealing is anonymous and untraceable, it is even better for dealers in crypto-currency to have bank accounts because every account has BVN and is subject to KYC. This will even help CBN to monitor and regulate transactions in digital currency.
With this hasty policy, CBN has closed a good opportunity for them to monitor these accounts because crypto-currency dealers will now default to peer-2-peer transactions which is difficult to regulate.
Most exchanges even require KYC to use.
The popular ones Binance, Luno and Quaidax all require your BVN for verification and permanent Id for further verification if you trade larger sums.
It's not like these things were being operated anonymously.
Now with P2P it'd be basically impossible to track transactions.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by driand(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
grow up, common sense isn't common....
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by femijay8271(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:

aerialmapper786@gmail.com
Send me a mail
thanks bro
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by AerialMapper: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
Mcslize:

Is that in Naira or in what coin?

Naira
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by streetfabulous: 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

Most exchanges even require KYC to use.
The popular ones Binance, Luno and Quaidax all require your BVN for verification and permanent Id for further verification it you trade larger sums.
It's not like these things were being operated anonymously.
Now with P2P it'd be basically impossible to track transactions.
Exactly. This is why CBN must engage stakeholders before issuing a hasty memo. If they had engaged the public, someone would have made them see reasons why dealers in crypto-currency should settle into bank accounts.
Infact, a better policy by CBN would be all crypto-currency transactions should be settled into bank accounts. If dealers resort to peer-to-peer, CBN will no longer have data to evaluate the effects of crypto-currency on it's monetary policies.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

crypto will make people more poorer.

you are not elon mask, you are from africa, stop chewing more than you can bite.
Being rich has nothing to do with race.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Being rich has nothing to do with race.

So why aren't you like elon
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Elon Musk is not the only rich man on Earth.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

There are poor whites,too.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by dvkot(m): 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
all oloshos are females
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Elon Musk is not the only rich man on Earth.

Are you elon?
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Basher8583: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
Even bringing goods, containers, cars, clothing, industrial raw materials into the country is also associated with fraud. They can use the fraud money to purchase those items and ship them down to Naija for sales so the CBN and FG should stop this stupidity

Is the transaction traceable. Yes. So what's your problem about it.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Are you elon?
I don't have to be.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
Basher8583:

Is the transaction traceable. Yes. So what's your problem about it.
My problem is with all the looted funds by our politicians what has traceability benefitted us?
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Basher8583: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
lexy2014:

Just like there are a million reasons to ban Ponzi schemes but alas...they still operate freely

No bro. They operate illegally
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
thatigboman:
and when it crashes, u wount have up to 10,000 naira to feed yourself and your family.
Infact that your 1b crypto currency can disappear within seconds without a trace and your eyes will clear. Who will u run to? Police? EFCC? CBN? Or your much talked about US and UK?
I just PITY THE WAY YOU THINK, IT'S A PITY!
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nattyd17: 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
My remitano app stopped working. Please does anyone knows any app that works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunshots As Two Factions Of Road Workers Union, NURTW Clash In Abuja / Early Pictures From Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi / Photos From The Visit Of Aisha Buhari To The Awolowo's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.