Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

An Open Letter To Northern Graduates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Northern Graduates (2812 Views)

We Won’t Return To North - Fulani Herdsmen In South To Northern Elders / Sani To Northern Governors: Share Returning Herdsmen Like Federal Allocation / Malami Has No Power To Grant Approval To Northern Lawyers 'new NBA' – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 3:12am On Feb 26, 2021
Just so u know I read this-
The stupidity of ur statement make any cogent response pointless.
Just so u know.
DanHaske:

You are a graduate, congratulations.
With the so many graduates where you came from, one would think your society will be free of vices. But we know better.
Internationally, Nigerians are known as fraudsters. Thanks to you
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by DanHaske: 6:36am On Feb 27, 2021
debaj10:
Just so u know I read this-
The stupidity of ur statement make any cogent response pointless.
Just so u know.
The whole of this thread is littered with your stupidity. Mr. graduate
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by olisaEze(m): 6:37am On Feb 27, 2021
The first question u should have asked urself is if you got into the university with the same cutoff marks as your northern counterparts?

The system works for them, I kid you not! So why would they kick against it?

How else would the grossly incompetent hands being appointed upandan survive if they had to compete on a level playing field with graduates from the South for a job?

Brah ure preaching to the choir. Northern graduates left the group chat since! grin
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by Shimran(m): 7:37am On Feb 27, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
Apart from that semi illiterate kano bridge poster ....that calls him self Arrewa i dont think theres any reasonable northerner for this site
You know knowledge and literacy are only meant for you and you-likes. Barking dogs seldom bites
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by QuotaSystem: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2021
Amitez:
They are not suffering under or unemployment. Even if they cannot write simple sentenses.

Sentences.

Pot calling kettle black.
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by ProudDick: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2021
DanHaske:

You are a graduate, congratulations.
With the so many graduates where you came from, one would think your society will be free of vices. But we know better.
Internationally, Nigerians are known as fraudsters. Thanks to you

The greatest fraudster from Nigeria is from the north. Abacha is a blemish on Nigeria forever.
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by kabillionaire(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2021
First and foremost you have to understand the mindset of a typical northern muslim.
Good number of them don't see anything bad with what's happening, they believe it's part of the grand plan to capture the country.
The guerilla warfare been carried out especially in other parts of the country by armed fulani herdsmen is to weaken and wear out the other regions; it's an old age tactics when fighting someone stronger than you.
Up north, when insurgency started, the northerners were actually happy because, christians were the main target.
Now, the monster they deliberately created is home to haunt and hunt them.
It's an ideology they believe in and hence "the almajiri" system.
Funny enough, other parts of the country are not doing enough to stop the madness, except for very few individuals like, Sunday Igboho, Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue state.
Former Governor of Ekiti state, Mr. Peter Ayo Fayose stood his ground and shouted on roof tops, but his own kinsmen shouted him down just like they're trying to gag Sunday Igboho now.
Mr. Kalu cannot make my list because, despite waging a good fight and agitating a just cause is a "deserter" and he is too insulting; he has the tendencies to be a detector if given the opportunity.
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
if I had thought any good would come from engaging u in an intelligent discourse, u just proved me wrong.
DanHaske:
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by nameo: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2021
debaj10:
The perception is that you're mostly either silent on the happenings in your region, or you support the status quo.

Let me disabuse you of your complacency.

The bandits of today were born 18-35 years ago.
Check the population and poverty index at the time.
Both statistics are now over 500% worse.
- I stand to be corrected.

When the current almajiris come of age, there will be millions of youths-
Drug addicts, hardened by neglect, lacking in the slightest sense of compassion or societal values.
-Unlike the current lot who still grudgingly pay attention/dues to their elders and authority figures.
And every single one of them filled with a deep, abiding hatred and despair.

They will ALL come for you. ALL of you.
At that time- 5 to 10 years from now, at the most- the current crop of bandits will be seen as "soft" criminals, in comparison.

So. Who will solve this problem?
60 years in the making, who's solved any of your problems?
Therefore-
If not you, who?

I suggest you organise yourselves and begin a consistent and persistent campaign of activism in both governance and problem solving.
The time to act is extremely short and your window for action is closing at a frightening rate.

Or, you can continue as you are-
Complaining or praising on social media.
Burying your head in the sand.
Waiting for a savior politician.

But from now henceforth, you can't say you didn't know.

God help us all.

PS-
It's assumed that graduates from other regions will take this message to heart as well.
To do otherwise would be a great folly.

Powered by TRUNN-
The "Rise Up Nigeria" Network

I endorse this message and ask that those met for give the thought it deserves
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
d perception that d system favors them, is why the south feels indignant.
that perception is false!
but let's look at the so called favoritism-
can u imagine what the north would look like without the VERY FEW educated ones?!
the system actually needs to REALLY favor them-
ALL OF THEM!
in a family of 5 children, where one has sickle cell disease, who gets the most attention- AND RESOURCES- from the parents?
the child with d disease.
it's not favoritism; it's equity.
the problem is that we in the south focus on the wrong thing-
political power.
olisaEze:
The first question u should have asked urself is if you got into the university with the same cutoff marks as your northern counterparts?
The system works for them, I kid you not! So why would they kick against it?

it's called the Stockholm syndrome.
it's also in the south.
also, do u think d average northerner has d slightest interest in that agenda?
d same people suffering from malnutrition, disease and insecurity?
kabillionaire:
First and foremost you have to understand the mindset of a typical northern muslim.
Good number of them don't see anything bad with what's happening, they believe it's part of the grand plan to capture the country.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by olisaEze(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
debaj10:
can u imagine what the north would look like without the VERY FEW educated ones?!
ALL OF THEM!
in a family of 5 children, where one has sickle cell disease, who gets the most attention- AND RESOURCES- from the parents?
political power.

The system in the North is very different from the system in the South and it has nothing to do with equity. Reason why we have a criminal code in the South and a Penal Code in the North.

This system is one that favors elitism.

You’re calling on people who have a majority working in unmerited positions just because of their place of origin, and u think they’ll kick against such an unbalanced system? Merit has long been sacrificed on the altar of mediocrity just because of tribalism and you think that is equity?

We won our independence with every advantage afforded the North who at the time lazily wanted to remain under the British in perpetuity.

The SE went to war, lost and still rebuilt its educational sector almost entirely by itself and ure talking about favoring those who won the war but intentionally chose to ignore education & manpower development for their people?

What the South wants is a level playing field for all, not power for power sake as the North does.

Do you think China would have gotten to were it is today by what you recommended up there?

PS: Don’t compare the politics of a country to that of a household, even Russia had to dissolve the USSR to survive.
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by DanHaske: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2021
debaj10:
if I had thought any good would come from engaging u in an intelligent discourse, u just proved me wrong.
You are not intelligent. Just shut it
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by Manab: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
debaj10:
Those in agreement, say aye.
Opposed? Say nay.
tnx bro
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
ROFLMFAO!
but u are?! cheesy
oga, address d topic, let's see about ur grey matter.
Mr. intelligence.
lol
wink
DanHaske:

Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by Collyweed: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
debaj10:
ALL OF THEM!
political power.

it's called the Stockholm syndrome.
it's also in the south.
also, do u think d average northerner has d slightest interest in that agenda?
d same people suffering from malnutrition, disease and insecurity?

If you’re not from the North, I cannot understand how all this is any business of yours. Just face your front! Mind your house and let others mind theirs.
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
r u aware that this mindset is a product of the "divide and rule" strategy?
just like those who used to say that killings in d North don't concern them?
where r they now?
what r they saying today?
Collyweed:

Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
oga
I've been expecting ur intelligent contribution. where is it?
DanHaske:
Re: An Open Letter To Northern Graduates by debaj10: 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
is there any part of Nigeria that doesn't favor elitism?
or where Merit hasn't been sacrificed on the altar of mediocrity?
every state and federal school operates a quota system for indigenes.
same applies in d civil service- whether officially, or under the table.

did u read my postscript?
"It's assumed that graduates from other regions will take this message to heart as well.
To do otherwise would be a great folly."

or u think the warnings don't apply to the south?
and if u choose to blame the northern illiterate peasantry for d actions of it's elite, how much more blame should educated southerners carry for their own elite, whom they refuse to tackle on corruption?
so, what's stopped the South from getting a level playing field all these years-
if not a case of education without enlightenment?
olisaEze:

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: British Man Canvasses "Buhari Is Dead" In London (video) / Tinubu Insulted Amaechi And Abe / THROWBACK; I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.