Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

My Lack Of Dreams - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Lack Of Dreams (424 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / Ibiyeomie: Joblessness Is Not Caused By Devil. It's Caused By Lack Of Integrity / Dreams And Sources Of Dreams Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 12:24am On Feb 09, 2021
Pls my fellow Christians, am very worried ever since I was born I hv never had a dream b4. Is it a thing I should worry about or is a natural phenomenal. Pls I need ur opinion.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by WoundedLamb: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2021
a natural phenomenon (plural: natural phenomena)*

Dreams are natural and the absence shouldn't be a cause for concern seeing that nature is never consistent. If your brain doesn't have the tendency to make up stories from your subconscious mind (your fears, your passion, expectations, your anxieties, etc.), then so be it. You aren't missing anything special, and there's definitely nothing to worry about.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Feb 09, 2021
Polynek:
Pls my fellow Christians, am very worried ever since I was born I hv never had a dream b4. Is it a thing I should worry about or is a natural phenomenal. Pls I need ur opinion.
You dream...you just don't recall them when you wake up.

If you have never had a nightmare before that is not such a bad thing at all. I remember one time I had the same dream pattern hunt me for a period of about a year and a half. I was so frightened by it that I dreaded the night and sleep too. Long story short, I became an insomniac from that experience. Problem is I also had a daytime sleeping problem to boot. All that is in my past anyways. grin
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 7:11am On Feb 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
a natural phenomenon (plural: natural phenomena)*

Dreams are natural and the absence shouldn't be a cause for concern seeing that nature is never consistent. If your brain doesn't have the tendency to make up stories from your subconscious mind (your fears, your passion, expectations, your anxieties, etc.), then so be it. You aren't missing anything special, and there's definitely nothing to worry about.
Thanks 4 dat
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If you have never had a nightmare before that is not such a bad thing at all. I remember one time I had the same dream pattern hunt me for a period of about a year and a half. I was so frightened by it that I dreaded the night and sleep too. Long story short, I became an insomniac from that experience. Problem is I also had a daytime sleeping problem to boot. All that is in my past anyways. grin
I appreciate your contribution. But am very sure I don't experience dreams let alone forgetting them.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 10:37am On Feb 09, 2021
Polynek:
I appreciate your contribution. But am very sure I don't experience dreams let alone forgetting them.
Since you seem so show that you do not dream, please tell us what ot is you "experience" while you are deep asleep? undecided
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Since you seem so show that you do not dream, please tell us what ot is you "experience" while you are deep asleep? undecided
First of all I normally go to bed by 12 or 1 am everyday. Then if I eventually find d bed I meditate on how I spent my day. After few hours of eye closure, d next thing I will see is daybreak
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
Polynek:
First of all I normally go to bed by 12 or 1 am everyday. Then if I eventually find d bed I meditate on how I spent my day. After few hours of eye closure, d next thing I will see is daybreak
Which brings me back to my original point that it is more likely that you do not properly form a memory of your dreaming at the end of each nights rest or it could be that you don't even get enough rest when you sleep.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-catcher/201204/people-who-do-not-dream%3famp
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Which brings me back to my original point that it is more likely that you do not properly form a memory of your dreaming at the end of each nights rest or it could be that you don't even get enough rest when you sleep.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-catcher/201204/people-who-do-not-dream%3famp
You are right I don't get enough rest. Though is bcox of d nature of my work shaa
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
Polynek:
You are right I don't get enough rest. Though is bcox of d nature of my work shaa
not getting enough rest could result in memory problems as I had tried to point out earlier as well. You may want to see a doctor about that if, as you claik, your work life could be a possible cause.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
not getting enough rest could result in memory problems as I had tried to point out earlier as well. You may want to see a doctor about that if, as you claik, your work life could be a possible cause.
Nice suggestion
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by macnino399: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Do you sleep well now? For like 6-8hrs
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Feb 10, 2021
macnino399:

Do you sleep well now? For like 6-8hrs
more than that actually. I average about 8-12 hours of sleep a day and not in one chunk by the way. I get about 2-3 hours sleep here and there about 3 to 4 times. On a good day, I sleep straight 8-12 hours depending on stress levels and how tired I am.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by macnino399: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
more than that actually. I average about 8-12 hours of sleep a day and not in one chunk by the way. I get about 2-3 hours sleep here and there about 3 to 4 times. On a good day, I sleep straight 8-12 hours depending on stress levels and how tired I am.
Okay, how were you able to recover from the insomnia you had for few years?
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
Polynek:

You mean a dream while sleeping, or a dream in life? The former is not that important, you're obviously not the dream type. Focus on living.
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
Image123:

You mean a dream while sleeping, or a dream in life? The former is not that important, you're obviously not the dream type. Focus on living.
I actually I mean a dream or u call it a nightmare. Thanks 4 ur advice. Am worried bcox some people are linking d issue to d spiritual aspect .
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Image123(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Polynek:
I actually I mean a dream or u call it a nightmare. Thanks 4 ur advice. Am worried bcox some people are linking d issue to d spiritual aspect .

It's not necessary to be a dreamer. Don't mind these CAC styled and white garments styled theology not found in the Bible. Maybe forgetting dreams commonly MAY Be a source of concern. But not having dreams is no biggie.

1 Like

Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Polynek(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2021
Image123:

It's not necessary to be a dreamer. Don't mind these CAC styled and white garments styled theology not found in the Bible. Maybe forgetting dreams commonly MAY Be a source of concern. But not having dreams is no biggie.
Thanks 4 ur advice
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by Kobojunkie: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2021
macnino399:

Okay, how were you able to recover from the insomnia you had for few years?
I began to take the advice to "Rest" seriously... I cut off from the world around me as much as I could and focused more on resting my heart, mind, body and soul, than I did on trying to beat life at it's came of stress-kong!
Re: My Lack Of Dreams by macnino399: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I began to take the advice to "Rest" seriously... I cut off from the world around me as much as I could and focused more on resting my heart, mind, body and soul, than I did on trying to beat life at it's came of stress-kong!
. Thanks for this Sir.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / America In Soup, Pray Against World War / How Do You Win Souls In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.