Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day (1382 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by 004gist: 1:25am On Feb 09, 2021
I got this story from a friends wall, narrating how his Wedding was called off by the church

That wedding morning, as we were dressing up and taking pictures,I was calling the pastor but he wasn't around.
He said he traveled and was on his way back.

It was late already. Guests from Port Harcourt were already there and met the doors of the church closed with nobody in sight.

Later around 11am to 12noon they called to tell me that the pastor was back and he said the wedding was not holding.
I laughed. When I asked why, he said I didn't bring money for fuel and that the requirements wasn't complete.
I asked them to give him money for fuel and that I will settle the others when I come.

On getting to the church everywhere was tensed up already.
People were asking me what I did and why the wedding would not hold,I was busy laughing because I had already paid my wife's bride price and no matter what happens that day I must go home with my wife.

We were summoned to the pastor's office and he told me to my face that this wedding has been called off because I didn't complete the requirements.
I was there with my best man, 2 pastors from my wife's church,the pastor and 2 of his Co pastors.
Note: the requirements were 2 create of malt,
2 create of minerals,
1 live chicken.
2 cabin biscuits
And yams.

I provided all these things, but the yams and had told him I will bring the money for the yam when I come for the wedding.
When I asked him he confirmed this was what we discussed?
He said so why haven't I provided the money since morning?
One of the pastors said I shouldn't argue that I should just give them the money.
Since he didn't tell me how many yams or how much it would cost,i brought out 2k and gave him for the yam. hell was let loose
He stood up in anger and said I should walk out of his office.
Why will I give him 2k for yam?
In fact that this wedding has been totally called off and he made a sentence that shocked me.
He said "no wonder they told him not to wed me".

One of the pastors from my wife's church started begging even my best man knelt down begging. They asked him how much he wanted, he said 6k.
That the yam was meant to be 3 and it will be 2k for one.

My wife was waiting in the car oblivious of what was happening inside. She knew there was trouble but I asked her to wait.

After all the drama.
He said my wife should come into the office and then he started another interview.

The interview started with unnecessary questions. We had done interview in my local church and my wife's church too. This man was asked to just join us in Holy matrimony. The worse was when he asked for test results. My wife who couldn't take it anymore asked him if he hadn't asked the people who instructed him to wed us if they had done the necessary rituals. Why would he ask us for test results on the morning of our wedding? Are we supposed to be walking around with it?
The man stood up for the 3rd time walking out.
I started begging them to sit let's finish..

He said my wife doesn't want him to do his work..I told him to bring the nurse for the test.
He said no,that he is not doing again..

He walked out.
I was sitting with my wife inside his office. she was sobbing. I felt for her.
I wasn't moved. it was just funny to me.
I was busy smiling and my bestman Onyemaeze Success was reminding me of things I had gone through in life and this was too small to take my smile away.

Next thing we heard was when the pastor announced that in 30 minutes time he will end this wedding, wether we match in or not that it wasn't his concern.
They started calling me from the office and I came out, people were starring at me but I wasn't seeing them.
I danced inside.
If you see dance eeeeeh
I danced like I won an award.

During the wedding I was busy wispering to my wife.
I was busy telling her "baby,we are married.
No reason am.
We must go home today as husband and wife."

Did you see her dancing?
Chai! She danced like fire.

After joining us,he refused telling me to kiss my bride oooo.
But e no worry me..I tell my baby say we go kiss tire for house so no worry.

Before we matched out he requested that I bring a cooler of rice.
A cooler of soup.
A cooler of meat
And another cartons of malt and minerals before leaving the church.

I just said no problem.
I just walked into the car with my wife and left.

When I was dancing in the reception ground, someone came and wispered to me that the pastor was asking for their food in the church.
My people,I can't remember the exact words I used but I'm sure they were not pleasant.

Have you asked me for my church wedding certificate?
The pastor said I will bring 20k and other requirements for my wedding certificate.

..... .... .... To be continued

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3165550430331911&id=100006309546061

Here is another video where a wedding was called off by the pastor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx4ydIk8xTk

In the above video I heard that the pastor was given 50k and 20k for fuel yet he called it off because of 5 minutes late

1 Like

Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:03am On Feb 09, 2021
End time pastor

1 Like

Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by Sijo01(f): 5:15am On Feb 09, 2021
god of men
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by 004gist: 6:35am On Feb 09, 2021
Sijo01:
god of men

Very painful
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by Mindlog: 7:00am On Feb 09, 2021
Sheer comedy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by sharaff6(m): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2021
I can't wait to hear season two of the story... call to your instructions of DStv & free to air on 08020561172 or Whatsapp
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by mosdii(m): 8:44am On Feb 09, 2021
Na wa Religion has done more harm than good to our society.
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:15am On Feb 09, 2021
Mheen
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by Twenty8: 9:59am On Feb 09, 2021
004gist:
I got this story from a friends wall, narrating how his Wedding was called off by the church

This is a joke right?
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by CoolJul: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2021
that pastor normal so?
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by adanny01(m): 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
004gist:

Jesu!

Is this for real?

Pastor no dey fear God
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2021
Weeding day...
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by 004gist: 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2021
adanny01:

Jesu!

Is this for real?

Pastor no dey fear God
Yes in aba
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by zyzxx(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2021
when men prioritise their belly above their calling and services to God

@ yinkuscious can relate grin grin grin grin
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by kenlolly75: 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
I believe it's hunger that make him to become a pastor. Business as usual.
Re: How a friend Wedding Was Called OFF On his Weeding Day by Angelluvy(f): 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
This is inhuman. The Jesus we're emulating will not hurt us like this.
It's high time Africans stop glorifing church wedding like this.

(1) (Reply)

Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? / Her Mum Is Pushing It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.