Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) (50250 Views)

Desmond Elliott's Wife, Victoria, Celebrates Him On His 47th Birthday / Yakubu Gowon And Wife, Victoria Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary / Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Hermzou:

A loser dat crush Una Ass. u know d real loser or I should mention name ?
And that's what made you a gay man? Ass wipe! Keep looking for gworo chewing old men to sleep with.
You think we don't know you? Loser! Look for something better to do with your weak smelly dripping asss cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by seguno2: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
IgboWarlord:
Fine man and fine woman...Oil boom things..U.k dey pet Gen.Gowon that time...

No be so wise, rich man dey pet foolish, poor man to collect im small change
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by christistruth01: 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
wildikeman:
Oh this is when he stole half of CBN.... the genocidal thief

The British Govt have already debunked that.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by IgboWarlord(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
seguno2:

No be so wise, rich man dey pet foolish, poor man to collect im small change

I dey tell you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by budusky05(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Am sure that's the day he moved central bank to London
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Slymontee: 12:08am On Feb 11, 2021
He went to UK with half of the Central Bank
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by hybridblood07(m): 12:24am On Feb 11, 2021
He became HOS at age 33
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
It looks like this man was a real niggarrrr...

Although i don't know about his reign
But he looks like a real niggarr
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Xkale1234(m): 12:47am On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:
shocked

Gowon was a loser then, still a loser today and will end it all as a loser.
I don't give a rat's behind about Gowon or anything that has to do with his evil heart. undecided
idiot bcox he kill Igbo people during civil war, omo na Good man

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 12:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:
shocked

I don't give a rat's behind about Gowon or anything that has to do with his evil heart. undecided
Gowon is the best thing to happen to the Ibos after the defeat of the Biafra war, by declaring no Victor no vanquish to the disappointment of many Nigerians. If not all Ibos property will have been legally converted to spoils of war, no political appointment, many soldiers would have been taken as prisoners of war, no pension to former Ibo civil servants bcus they ve stop been Nigerias, Ojukwu will never have been forgiven, and so many others. The only visible effect of such war till today is not having an Ibo president and not occupying sensitive position like head of secret service, head of any force (Ihejerika exception but was later removed due to pressure).
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:07am On Feb 11, 2021
hansomb:

[s]Gowon is the best thing to happen to the Ibos after the defeat of the Biafra war, by declaring no Victor no vanquish to the disappointment of many Nigerians. If not all Ibos property will have been legally converted to spoils of war, no political appointment, many soldiers would have been taken as prisoners of war, no pension to former Ibo civil servants bcus they ve stop been Nigerias, Ojukwu will never have been forgiven, and so many others. The only visible effect of such war till today is not having an Ibo president and not occupying sensitive position like head of secret service, head of any force (Ihejerika exception but was later removed due to pressure)[/s].

Motorpark touts like you would go to your graves thinking that Igbos are your problem. That the way they have brainwashed lowlife almajiris and cowards like you. And what made it worse for you hansomb is that an Igbo man recently married your sister.
I pity miscreants and clowns like you.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:10am On Feb 11, 2021
Xkale1234:
idiot bcox he kill Igbo people during civil war, omo na Good man

Even if he killed your father, you'll still call him a good man. That's how pathetic and a lowlife thug you are.
Make sense next time because nairaland is not for olodos and clowns like you.
This is the result of all the stones you threw at your teachers then. Ewu bakama.

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by gozzlin: 7:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Midget.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:

Motorpark touts like you would go to your graves thinking that Igbos are your problem. That the way they have brainwashed lowloife almajiris and cowards like you. And what made it worse for you hansomb is that an Igbo man recently married your sister.
I pity miscreants and clowns like you.
You the coward and lowlife here.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Seun360(m): 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:
shocked

If Gowon was a loser, wetin come be una papa Ojukwu?
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
hansomb:

You the coward and lowlife here.

Borrow more money and eat that mamaput and smoke more weed and then look for data to reply me.
Manner less thugs like you will always bring tribes and Ibos in every discourse. That's because you have been
brainwashed, abused and used by the elites. Ibo issues are worrying you while I am enjoying my life. Congo meat like you.

Na your wahala be that, Olodo.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
Seun360:

If Gowon was a loser, wetin come be una papa Ojukwu?

Keep yapping about Ojukwu when you come from a family of local shoe makers and beggars.
We all know your family Seun360. Brainwashed lizard like you.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Seun360(m): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:

Keep yapping about Ojukwu when you come from a family of local shoe makers and beggars.
We all know your family Seun360. Brainwashed lizard like you.

You lack content.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
Seun360:

You lack content.

You are full of content, local shoe shiner. Come on, go and take your medication. Lousy wimp.
Keep mentioning me until I put a curse on you. Failed Yahoo Boy. I am not the reason why you were disowned.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
Seun360:

Gowon was a loser, Ojukwu is my hero and I am a loser

Hmmmn
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Seun360(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
Trutherme:

Ojukwu is presently been flogged in hell for his atrocities while in planet Earth.

Double tragedy.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Seun360:

I, Seun360 is Double tragedy and I am also fatherless Pity me please.

Double Tragedy
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by 9jaRealist: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
ogbonti:
Best from where? At this time when Gowon was running from pillar to post squandering Nigeria's new found oil wealth due to the oil boom of 1971 - The UAE and Singapore were worse than Nigeria in terms of wealth, Infrastructure and world hierarchy of importance. 2 years earlier, before he took this pic, Gowon loaned $10 million to the UAE and later converted it to a grant (that means do not pay back) - He was paying the salaries of teachers and civil servants in some African countries and giving grants to countries in the Caribbean. He was spending like a drunken sailor, and he was touted as saying "Nigeria has enough money, our problem is how to spend it"

I hope he is seeing what the UAE he pitied then when he gave Sheik Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan that money, what they did with their oil wealth? the same oil wealth our leaders stole and squandered? - I hope he can see where the UAE is today as compared to the western world in terms of wealth, Infrastructure and world hierarchy of importance - and where Nigeria is today in terms of decay, corruption, poverty and insecurity? While the UAE just launched a space vehicle to orbit Mars, Nigeria can not guarantee 24 hours power supply to any Nigerian anywhere in Nigeria. GOWON LAYED THE FOUNDATION FOR WASTE AND CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA Enuff said sad

Apples and oranges... cool

Nigeria obviously could have done (and could/should still do) much better with its crude oil “windfall” but comparing an absolute monarchy of only about 1 million citizens of the SAME ethnic stock producing just under 4 million barrels of oil per day, with an elected ‘democracy’ of estimated over 200 million citizens of a reported 250+ (often adverse) ethnic nationalities struggling to produce under 2 million barrels of oil daily is akin to comparing chalk with cheese. The UAE produces more than TWICE the amount of oil that Nigeria produces for half of one percent of the Nigerian population. The King/Emir’s word is law, and when he decides to proceed with any project is not bothered with the “inconveniences” of legislative approval, court injunctions or other litigation, community protests and/or agitation, etc. And of course because the citizens are of the SAME ethnic stock, the UAE is not bogged down with real-life political considerations such as ‘federal character’, quotas, zonal balancing, etc. Kudos to the UAE nonetheless for making the most of what life bestowed upon them, but they still rely primarily on Westerners/foreigners to build, operate and manage practically EVERYTHING you see in that country (while mostly the Emiratis amass ‘rent’).

Btw, even though it was well before most of us here were born, the CONTEXT (emphasis added) of Gowon’s infamous “money is not the problem, but...” made perfect sense and was a substantively accurate reflection of Nigeria at the time. Contrary to the COLLOQUIAL interpretations that have been accorded to the statement, Gowon was actually bemoaning that Nigeria lack the capacity to put the financial “windfall” of the sudden oil boom of the 1970s to good (or optimum) use. His specific response to that situation therefore was to expand tertiary/higher/technical capacity with the development of several new university campuses/universities (Jos, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Maiduguri, Ilorin, etc.) and federal polytechnics, instituting a students loan program (yes, Nigeria had student loans), while exponentially expanding local and foreign scholarships, and bursary award programs. This was in addition to building or planning most of the backbone infrastructure that still carries/powers (or should still, if properly maintained) Nigeria almost 50 years after Gowon left office. It’s not a coincidence Nigeria (just coming out of ruinous and expensive Civil War nonetheless) was a much better place under Gowon than it has ever been during our own lifetime.
>
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by wildikeman(m): 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
christistruth01:

The British Govt have already debunked that.

That's because of diplomacy. We have heard the main truth
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by christistruth01: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
wildikeman:

That's because of diplomacy. We have heard the main truth

A deputy Governor of the Nigerian Central Bank has also described the story as rubbish.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by wildikeman(m): 12:41am On Feb 13, 2021
christistruth01:

A deputy Governor of the Nigerian Central Bank has also described the story as rubbish.

Do you still trust the likes of any NIGERIAN elite.. Seriously!!!
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Steve0979(m): 5:44am On Feb 13, 2021
hansomb:

Gowon is the best thing to happen to the Ibos after the defeat of the Biafra war, by declaring no Victor no vanquish to the disappointment of many Nigerians. If not all Ibos property will have been legally converted to spoils of war, no political appointment, many soldiers would have been taken as prisoners of war, no pension to former Ibo civil servants bcus they ve stop been Nigerias, Ojukwu will never have been forgiven, and so many others. The only visible effect of such war till today is not having an Ibo president and not occupying sensitive position like head of secret service, head of any force (Ihejerika exception but was later removed due to pressure).
Air marshal Paul dike nko
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Trutherme:

Borrow more money and eat that mamaput and smoke more weed and then look for data to reply me.
Manner less thugs like you will always bring tribes and Ibos in every discourse. That's because you have been
brainwashed, abused and used by the elites. Ibo issues are worrying you while I am enjoying my life. Congo meat like you.

Na your wahala be that, Olodo.
Òdé
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by christistruth01: 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
wildikeman:

Do you still trust the likes of any NIGERIAN elite.. Seriously!!!

The UK Government has also denied it
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by Trutherme: 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
hansomb:

Òdé
Oloriburuku Oshi
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by hansomb: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
Trutherme:

Oloriburuku Oshi
Wèréy
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) by wildikeman(m): 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2021
christistruth01:

The UK Government has also denied it

They can deny all they want. But diplomacy wins the day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity / Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa / Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.