Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu (50256 Views)

Cleric Seeks Forgiveness For Receiving ‘transport Money’ From Tinubu / Segun Adewale 'Aeroland': Lagos PDP Leaders Collecting Money From Tinubu / Donations At Aisha Buhari’s Book Launch: N30m From Dangote, N20m From Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Newton2024: 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Cleric Seeks Forgiveness For Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu

Clarifies northern bishops’ meeting with APC presidential candidate

Reverend Danjuma Byang, a member of delegation of the Northern Pentecostal Bishops that met with All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a couple of months back, has regretted being part of the gathering.

The Guardian gathered that the cleric posted the remorse in a WhatsApp group, ‘Blunt Truth’, where he explained what transpired at the meeting.

The bishops had been accused of receiving millions in naira as ‘transport money’ and branded souvenirs. Contacted, Byang, who confirmed his attendance, explained that the religious leaders visited the politician to table their grievances with northern governments.

He said: “It is a smear campaign. Yes, I attended the meeting and wrote a short report of it. I am surprised that the only thing they read there is the transport money I said I collected. Let me send you the report I made.”

In the report he titled, ‘[b]The Northern Pentecostal Bishops’ Meeting With BAT’, Byang observed: “It is true that the Northern Pentecostal Bishops, under the leadership of Archbishop John Praise Daniel, who is the National Vice President of Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) and chairman of Northern Pentecostal Bishops, called for the meeting in Abuja. The meeting was enlarged to include all Pentecostal Archbishops, Bishops and Apostles from the North, with about 100 people in attendance.”[/b]

He said one of the organisers, Bishop Jonas Katung, invited him, explaining that Katung held that the church in Nigeria, most times, plays the politics of exclusion, often with grievous consequences, when the outcomes manifest.

The embattled cleric went on: “He (Katung) said there is nothing wrong in interfacing with all political aspirants and candidates, even with the ones we do not share in their manifestos or those we think are not likely to win, to hear what they have to offer and have the opportunity to express our fears and challenges if they eventually win the elections.

This made much sense to me and I decided to attend the meeting. And I thank God I did! “Bola Ahmed Tinubu personally came to the meeting without much fanfare.”

For almost an hour, he took time to try and convince us that in all his political, public and private life, he had never been a religious bigot, who discriminated against Christians and gave several examples to buttress this. He (Tinubu) explained also that he didn’t choose Senator Shettima Kashim as his deputy to spite or despise Christians in the North, but only as a political strategy to win the election. He, therefore, pleaded that conscious efforts must be made by all concerned to try and play down the role of religion in politics and governance in Nigeria.

After the speech, I was one of the three attendees, who were permitted to respond by way of comments and questions. I appreciated the points he had made, but made him realise that the situation in the North was quite different from what obtained in the South.

“I told him that Christians in the North were not happy with his choice of another Muslim from the North to deputise for him for good reasons. I explained that in the North, there is a deliberate agenda to marginalise Christians from the public square and to annihilate Christianity in due course, if possible. I said there are at least eight states with a majority Christian population and a few others more which are roughly equal in population between the two faiths. But these are our experiences:

“In this government, there are more than 30 ministers in the Federal Executive Council from the North and Abuja, but we have only two Christians, who are ministers among them. Christians find it hard to acquire land documents to build churches or even to renew the ones that have expired.

“Christians are not allowed to preach their faith in government-owned media houses in some states. The teaching of Christian Religious Studies (CRS) and or Bible Knowledge (BK) has been banned in public schools in many states, including Borno, in which the ban was done by the man he had chosen to deputise for him.”

Byang continued: “Christian students are denied admission into public universities and other tertiary institutions and the few admitted, are denied their choice of some professional courses like medicine, engineering, law, accounting, which are needed for Nigeria’s development.

“I had to stop because of time constraint. I then asked him that if by any means we supported him and he wins the election, how would he redress these challenges? The applause I got after my question showed that I spoke the mind of almost everybody in the hall.

“The two other speakers also raised issues about what he had for us as Christians in the North if he wins. In his reply, he appreciated the issues raised. Obviously, some of them were eye openers to him. But he said for political exigencies, he wouldn’t divulge what he planned doing, but that he had heard them and would surely act on them, if elected. He said all he wanted the Christian community from the North to do was to identify capable men and women with integrity to present to him for engagement in his government if he becomes President.

“In closing, the convener thanked BAT for coming and the comments he had made and told him to consult widely among Christian leaders in the North, who are still grieving for what they perceive as rejection and despising Christians in the North, among whom he did not find anyone capable to deputise for him. He also asked him to ensure he recovered occupied Christian lands and communities violently taken over and occupied by terrorists, if he becomes President in 2023.

“At the end, breakfast was served, with some campaign souvenirs like towels, tea mugs, notebooks and some transport money to all attendants.

It must be emphasised that Archbishop John Praise Daniel and Bishop Katung, the conveners of the meeting, made sure that BAT did not leave the meeting thinking that the Northern Pentecostal Bishops had endorsed his candidacy for the office, but wished him the best of luck.

“Thanks for your time.”

Rev. Byang told The Guardian that the above was what he wrote on the WhatsApp group, stating: “But you can see that the main thing I said was never reported, only that he gave us money.

The truth is that I don’t know how much Tinubu gave John Praise. And I don’t know how much each person got, but the TP (transport fare) I got could hardly bring me back to Jos and fix my car due to the badness of the road to Abuja.

The error of judgment I mentioned was to explain to my people how indeed I shouldn’t have accepted to attend the meeting, if doing so, would be misinterpreted as has been done.”

But The Guardian had on Monday reported that PFN (PFN) disowned the ‘Pentecostal Bishops’ Forum of Northern Nigeria’, which met with Tinubu on Friday in Abuja.

The move followed the uproar generated by the single faith ticket adopted by the ruling party for the poll. Denouncing the clerics’ parley on Sunday, Deputy National Secretary of PFN, Bishop David Bakare, submitted that such a group does not exist within the Fellowship.

“There is nothing in PFN that is region-based like Southern or Northern Pentecostal Bishops.

“The PFN was not part of the meeting with the presidential candidate that was highly politicised. We are, however, aware of the ripples in the public domain about this matter. I am speaking officially to clarify that PFN has nothing to do with that,” he had asserted.

https://guardian.ng/news/cleric-seeks-forgiveness-for-receiving-transport-money-from-tinubu/

246 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by lhordspy: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
Fake news by flat-headed miscreants

Look at what i found in this nonsense report.
The man already confess it is a smear campaign, supposedly championed by afghanEASTERN nuisance.

He said and i quote: “It is a smear campaign. Yes, I attended the meeting and wrote a short report of it. I am surprised that the only thing they read there is the transport money I said I collected. Let me send you the report I made.”

No where did he mentioned he regret

He only said:
"The truth is that I don’t know how much Tinubu gave John Praise. And I don’t know how much each person got, but the TP (transport fare) I got could hardly bring me back to Jos and fix my car due to the badness of the road to Abuja."

He only gave them transport fare, which is logical. You cant invite somone without giving them transport fare to go back or fuel their car, for him to even complain of the money hardly taking him back. That means it wasnt much. It was just for teansport!

Funny. This world is crazy. Its obvious some people will not even read the news properly before jumping into blind conclusion. The headline itself is misleading, so is the half-wit brains that would believe it cheesy

Just read that line up there it says it all.... The news was concocted by dumb uncreative miscreant that championed the Propaganda fake news. Lol. You should give it another try, the sane minds smells the lies from afar. The person should atleast be creative when trying to cook a propaganda as big as this to we the sane minded.

The write-up reeks of same propaganda group of nonentity miscreant who wrote same fake Adamu circular that was shared to the public few days ago. Which was later debunked and busted to be a lie though.

You can smell the uncreativity and bad attempt at creating a fake information from distance.

Until Nigeria government start suing some miscreants as* for fake news dissemination and distribution. This nonsense will never stop.

263 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Corridon: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Another agbado bishop singing like a bird! That so called transport money you collected will choke you for supporting the people waging war against christians.

286 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by dawnomike(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
To the next one... #Focus

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by press9jatv: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
Newton2024:
Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Cleric Seeks Forgiveness For Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu

https://guardian.ng/news/cleric-seeks-forgiveness-for-receiving-transport-money-from-tinubu/
hmm nawaoooo
Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by saintokwuluora(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
Everything BAT Campaign does ends either in denial or rejection. Emilokan is olule.

215 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Corridon: 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
This won't make frontpage because it is against Tinubu.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
The best decision I have taken in my life is being an Atheist.

You Christians and Muslims can go ahead and kill yourselves.

I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023

250 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
Corridon:
This won't make frontpage because it is against Tinubu.
Read the article

233 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Righteousness2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
The Pastor sounds like someone with a Conscience. He admits he has done wrong by receiving inducements. I Believe he should be pardoned.

My Admonishment to anyone who calls himself or herself a Pastor is to be careful so as not to be a Gehazi or Demas.

Nigeria is in a delicate period and Season. And if you decide to be a tool for the devil , you will pay the price. And it could be a Generational price.

There is no harm in meeting with any candidate, but tell them the truth. Do not sell the faith for onions, cucumbers and carrots.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Period007(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu wants to buy his way to Aso rock.

Na Lagos money I dey pity.

Meanwhile........
Shettima don give Thiefnibu 1 dose of otapiapia he ran to London immediately,11 doses still remaining oo

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Opinedecandid(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
God is the only one who forgives.
He is willing, ready and in short, has already forgiven you once you ask Him to.
Go in peace and sin no more.
Also do not support a rubbish contraption.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Newton2024: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:
This guy is likely seunmsg or omenka.

302 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Tochi3(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
After all this long lamentations..... did he return his part of the bullion van proceed ?

If he did, his Personal "god"and saviour will not be happy with him... but if otherwise, and went to the extend of annointing the proceeds to the needy and then clean his mouth... our God in heaven will be proud of his Obidient son...

Nigerians pls, if you don't ever wish to seek this kind of forgiveness in your lives... Do the needful...

Vote wisely...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by toneroforever(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Newton2024:

Ur sins r forgiven. Don't be disOBIdient.
Become OBIdient & sin no more.

17 Likes

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by CaptainAyub: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:
Rio Ferdinand the defender,wehdone oo

21 Likes

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Interesting grin grin
Since the shepherd has come forward to confess his sins

He should share the proceeds of the transport money to his flock and tag it "Loot from Lagos"

That will be restitution on his part

“Christians are not allowed to preach their faith in government-owned media houses in some states. The teaching of Christian Religious Studies (CRS) and or Bible Knowledge (BK) has been banned in public schools in many states, including Borno, in which the ban was done by the man he had chosen to deputise for him

I have read the full text of the Bishop's statement and I must commend him for his honesty. It is obvious he meant well and represented his faith appropriately in the meeting.
What struck me was the bolded part. Shettima was governor of Borno throughout the period of the peak of Boko haram insurgency and with the open killing and persecution of Christians in his state by Boko haram, he still found the time to ban teaching of CRS in schools? May I ask who that particular move was pandering to? The persecutors or the persecuted? It is well

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
Okoroawusa:
The best decision I have taken in my life is being an Atheist.

You Christians and Muslims can go ahead and kill yourselves.

I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is same person who gave the Bishops "transport money"

How much has he given you, the atheist as data money?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by lhordspy: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Period007:
Mynd44 will never move this to front page because its against his paymaster Tinubu

You guys have the slightest of tendency to cry over little thing.

How will you guys be able to handle next year defeat like this?? sad

170 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Kagd10: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Useless headlines from a dumbo

The cleric was rather disputing those who accused him of collecting money but rather, he talked about what transpired which was about Tinubu discussing about the issues.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by lhordspy: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is same person who gave the Bishops "transport money"

How much has he given you, the atheist as data money?

Cry cry baby. This is fake news. Stop wailing on it

165 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Kingozymandias(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Says that habitual wailer and sulker grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by holluwizzy: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
SMH
Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Fake news from Guardian

You get sense tru tru

But if it is the nason, it is real news abi

26 Likes

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by lhordspy: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Fake news from Guardian

You get sense tru tru

But if it is the nason, it is real news abi

The news about ADAMU fake circular was published by who?

Guardian of the galaxy abi? Painment.

160 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

The news about ADAMU fake circular was published by who?

Guardian of the galaxy abi? Painment.
I still don't see what sense you made with this post. What does news about Adamu's circular have to do with a news interview?
Anyway, the circular was not fake. Your party is within its rights to disown it but the interview your publicity secretary had with channels and your candidate's acceptance of another 2,000 names showed that there is substance to the circular.
Don't be a dummy

29 Likes

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by techWriter3: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
This won't make photoshop because it is against politicians
Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Redstubpen: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
BLOOD MONEY lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by nkemoma(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Regrets never start..

Make Shettima enter fess

1 Like

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by SILVERLINES: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
grin

Emilokan end is near

The evening market vegetable has been rejected

It will never be well with the enemies of Nigeria peace who will cast their votes for Tunibu.

Tunibu online and off lines urchins will die by fire

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Byang Regrets Receiving ‘Transport Money’ From Tinubu by Righteousness2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity / Stunning Photos Of Emir Sanusi's Daughters / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.