Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

African Migrants Abandon The American Dream - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants Abandon The American Dream (14591 Views)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Winning The US Lottery & Losing Faith In American Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Outstrip(f): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
omanzo02:

Dude,

That philosophy is so true, Been living in Europe for some years and I have'nt experience any form racism or racial comment and gesture toward me. The fact is, Western europe communities is a place of idea and standard, If u can demostrate that u are someone with productive ideas and standard, u will get the respect u deserve from the people around u. In social interaction, a good logical control of what u are talking will get u far, change perceptions and attract people to want to listen to u and even want to even make friends with u. What amaze me sometimes is that, I have more extreem rights european friends than liberals.

SPOT ON
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by seye4nii(f): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
Quote from: O.michael.O on Today at 05:05:05 PM

Nice topic, i like it!!!

my fellow area boy
embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Bavarian: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Redman44, thanks for spitting out the bitter truth here,  I wonder where people got their false stories about Continental Europe from. the UK is the worst country for immigrants in europe. some people come here and tell huge lies that will continue to deceive Nigerians at home. 90% of Nigerians that have settled in France, Germany or Holland are far better than the ones in the UK. I was deceived as well until I lived there for 4 good years, I left Germany with my wife and kids and we moved to the UK. I´ve 3 brothers and a sister in the UK, with family houses in London & Glasgow respectively so nobody can tell me anthing new about the UK.

First of all, the british are 10 times more racist than the french,germans or dutch. buzugee wasn´t served in a bar in Dusseldorf?? the tradefair capital of the world? "strange" France? who treats black people like shit in France? black people, (even african immigrants with resident permits) are in parliament, they are black mayors of big towns/cities, black entreprenuers etc. You get resident permits automatically when you marry a citizen,study or have a child, unlike the UK where they don´t give you jack! They´re the worst racists & it is the only country where I´ve been called the N word several times grin this is a country full of gangs,buglars & rapists!! a thug country, a broken society where you can´t even sleep with closed eyes anymore. I couldn´t even leave my wife alone at home when I went to Nigeria cos she was treatened a few times. Racism is extreme in the UK & they hate Nigerians to the bone! I think some people just always to claim they´re better in the UK meanwhile their lives would have been better here on the Continent. I run my own company, employ white people, I own my own home (better than the council flats in the UK) I drive benz cars and I go to powerful gatherings. I go to naija ANYTIME I want & I travel all over the world. This countries are not like Russia or the terrible Northern Ireland PLEASE!!
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by ugostefano(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
@hardboy you cant be using osu district to generally conclude that ghana is better osu district is like staying in V.I or lekki or any nice area in abuja. thats the best part of accra. i have been there alot and true the streets are so lonely and quite at night.

i just hate that everything in accra is owned by a white man or foreigner leaving the ghana guys to be taxi drivers, gatemen and junior office workers.

Guys u check out Canada its a good place if you are read to start all over i mean going back to school esp. in the health field so many nigerians with master degree come here and do 4yr nursing program and they are well off.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Misterpaul(m): 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

as yall know i am a hacker. just got a picture of kabukabu50 from his hard drive.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this nicca is ATL downlow fasho
, LMAO @ this picture, wat?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by omanzo02: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
Outstrip:

SPOT ON

Sure,

These are what some of our fellow africans ignore when living a developed world, africa's educational standard may not be as high as in developed world but  both is about acquiring productive ideas and developing a social standard, so I don't see why I can't make a maximum use of it and u can compete favourably if u know your onions.
They see images of poverty about africa now and then, and there is a common perception he may be poor and uneducated. Its u who have to change that.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
Bavarian:

@Redman44, thanks for spitting out the bitter truth here,  I wonder where people got their false stories about Continental Europe from. the UK is the worst country for immigrants in europe. some people come here and tell huge lies that will continue to deceive Nigerians at home. 90% of Nigerians that have settled in France, Germany or Holland are far better than the ones in the UK. I was deceived as well until I lived there for 4 good years, I left Germany with my wife and kids and we moved to the UK. I´ve 3 brothers and a sister in the UK, with family houses in London & Glasgow respectively so nobody can tell me anthing new about the UK.

First of all, the british are 10 times more racist than the french,germans or dutch. buzugee wasn´t served in a bar in Dusseldorf?? the tradefair capital of the world? "strange" France? who treats black people like poo in France? black people, (even african immigrants with resident permits) are in parliament, they are black mayors of big towns/cities, black entreprenuers etc. You get resident permits automatically when you marry a citizen,study or have a child, unlike the UK where they don´t give you jack! They´re the worst racists & it is the only country where I´ve been called the N word several times grin this is a country full of gangs,buglars & rapists!! a thug country, a broken society where you can´t even sleep with closed eyes anymore. I couldn´t even leave my wife alone at home when I went to Nigeria cos she was treatened a few times. Racism is extreme in the UK & they hate Nigerians to the bone! I think some people just always to claim they´re better in the UK meanwhile their lives would have been better here on the Continent. I run my own company, employ white people, I own my own home (better than the council flats in the UK) I drive benz cars and I go to powerful gatherings. I go to naija ANYTIME I want & I travel all over the world. This countries are not like Russia or the terrible Northern Ireland PLEASE!!
wtf ?all these things happened to you in the UK ? you sure it was the UK ? you might have been sleepwalking through russia and thought it was the UK. the UK is the fairest society in the western world. Dunno what you was doing in the UK that warranted you been called the n word but i suspect you brought it on yourself. maybe you were smoking ganja on the streets or something crazy like that. ok granted, the cost of living could be a pain in the backside,but if you have a good profession, you can make heavy bank. there are people who earn 100 pounds an hour easily. can you make that in your factory work in germany ?? grin grin grin abi no be 13 deutch mark per hour they pay una for there ? grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
seye4nii:

Quote from: O.michael.O on Today at 05:05:05 PM

Nice topic, i like it!!!

my fellow area boy
embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

yes me and thaat bruh own a coupla stalls at agege market cheesy
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
ugostefano:

@hardboy you cant be using osu district to generally conclude that ghana is better osu district is like staying in V.I or lekki or any nice area in abuja. thats the best part of accra. i have been there alot and true the streets are so lonely and quite at night.

i just hate that everything in accra is owned by a white man or foreigner leaving the ghana guys to be taxi drivers, gatemen and junior office workers.

Guys u check out Canada its a good place if you are read to start all over i mean going back to school esp. in the health field so many nigerians with master degree come here and do 4yr nursing program and they are well off.
canada ko, candida ni. that place where every black man after 2 years develops depression and mental illness.  grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by omanzo02: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

wtf ?all these things happened to you in the UK ? you sure it was the UK ? you might have been sleepwalking through russia and thought it was the UK. the UK is the fairest society in the western world. Dunno what you was doing in the UK that warranted you been called the n word but i suspect you brought it on yourself. maybe you were smoking ganja on the streets or something crazy like that. ok granted, the cost of living could be a pain in the backside,but if you have a good profession, you can make heavy bank. there are people who earn 100 pounds an hour easily. can you make that in your factory work in germany ?? grin grin grin abi no be 13 deutch mark per hour they pay una for there ? grin
Dude,

Quit trying to market Uk grin grin grin grin, I live just over the channel (Belgium), UK is not the best place to live in Europe. The standard and quality of life in Germany is one of the best u can find in the whole world and Uk is not close to it.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by bidemi12(m): 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
Bad belle people. It always amazes me that people who want something but cant have it always wish those who do bad tidings or hope for the worst for them. I love and miss Nigeria big time but nothing will make me settle back there anytime soon. I have to be demented to do that with all the crap going on right there at the moment. The economy is not as robost as it used to be right? so what do you do about it? do you fold your arms and cry over it? Never!!! one thing you'all dont realize is that america is truly the land of opportunities. for instance since i have realized that the recession affects only a certain part or the economy e.g those without adequate education or those that are educated but are educated in sectors that are irrelevant in present day and also that healthcare and technology is and has been projected to rise in the future i have gone back to college to get another degree in a different field: mobile application development; and my wife has just completed her LPN certification in order to stay relevant and all on the bill of the government. One penny will not come out for pocket. Tell me, will the Nigerian govt provide this avenues to me in order for me to suceed? You and i know that this is a negative. so why would i want to go to a place where politicaly, socialy and economicaly i will be limited?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by ceah(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
Come back home as change is inevitable

http://www.facebook.com/BBIntegrityVanguard
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by lagcity(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

canada ko, candida ni. that place where every black man after 2 years develops depression and mental illness.  grin

ha ha really? me i never hear that b4 ooo.

buzugee:

wtf ?all these things happened to you in the UK ? you sure it was the UK ? you might have been sleepwalking through russia and thought it was the UK. the UK is the fairest society in the western world. Dunno what you was doing in the UK that warranted you been called the n word but i suspect you brought it on yourself. maybe you were smoking ganja on the streets or something crazy like that.  grin

c'mon man. which kind of blame-the-victim statement is this? so u have to smoke igbo on the street to experience racism?
tlops:

9jas no de give up, no leaving till the oyinbos begin to leave.
that's the naija spirit. those other Africans no chop liver at all. and b4 we say something now, they'll start yapping that we are arrogant. those ppl need to step up their game, seriously.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Arosa(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
can you make money in Ghana? undecided
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
Arosa:

can you make money in Ghana? undecided
tongue you dont go to ghana to make money. you go to ghana when you have money cheesy
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
bidemi12:

Bad belle people. It always amazes me that people who want something but cant have it always wish those who do bad tidings or hope for the worst for them. I love and miss Nigeria big time but nothing will make me settle back there anytime soon. I have to be demented to do that with all the crap going on right there at the moment. The economy is not as robost as it used to be right? so what do you do about it? do you fold your arms and cry over it? Never!!! one thing you'all dont realize is that america is truly the land of opportunities. for instance since i have realized that the recession affects only a certain part or the economy e.g those without adequate education or those that are educated but are educated in sectors that are irrelevant in present day and also that healthcare and technology is and has been projected to rise in the future i have gone back to college to get another degree in a different field: mobile application development; and my wife has just completed her LPN certification in order to stay relevant and all on the bill of the government. One penny will not come out for pocket. Tell me, will the Nigerian govt provide this avenues to me in order for me to suceed? You and i know that this is a negative. so why would i want to go to a place where politicaly, socialy and economicaly i will be limited?
bruv stop deceiving everybody with ya lies. the only reason you can get free edumacation is because you laid down ya life for america. abi you think say i done forget say you be semper fi ? usa army ? abi na marines ? not sure but i know say you follow go basra go pistol whip some arabs
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Arosa(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

tongue you dont go to ghana to make money. you go to ghana when you have money  cheesy
I see.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
omanzo02:

Dude,

Quit trying to market Uk grin grin grin grin, I live just over the channel (Belgium), UK is not the best place to live in Europe. The standard and quality of life in Germany is one of the best u can find in the whole world and Uk is not close to it.
bruv i done follow enter ostende, gent, brussels and brugge. i throway salute for una black people wey dey dia. una liver too strong. me i be ajebutter grin i no fit survive for those kind places grin grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
lagcity:

ha ha really? me i never hear that b4 ooo.

c'mon man. which kind of blame-the-victim statement is this? so u have to smoke igbo on the street to experience racism? that's the naija spirit. those other Africans no chop liver at all. and b4 we say something now, they'll start yapping that we are arrogant. those ppl need to step up their game, seriously.
bruv, canada na depression zone.
1, interpersonal collusion between the citizens is zero. everybody dey face ground dey waka
2, the cold go waya you so tay you go think say na demon send the cold. ya fingers will be on fire if left exposed (fire from cold)
3, no vitamin D,
4, SAD (seasonal disorder of the immune system)
5, highly taxed income
6, lots of job discrimination in canada
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by bidemi12(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2011
buzugee:

bruv stop deceiving everybody with ya lies. the only reason you can get free edumacation is because you laid down ya life for america. abi you think say i done forget say you be semper fi ? usa army ? abi na marines ? not sure but i know say you follow go basra go pistol whip some arabs

Have you ever heard of FAFSA? it is a programme that is there for everyone who wants to go to college. it is federaly funded such that your tuition and books are paid for by the government. if you desire to graduate quickly and take more classes per semester than the fafsa programme can cover, the government will loan you money which you start to repay 6 months after you graduate at a low interest rate. The point is the opportunities are there to excel. Can you say the same for Nigeria? I hope i have educated you. ignorance is a disease that only you can cure.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 12:28am On Apr 09, 2011
buzugee:

how about i take my nubian soul and shove it up your batty you downlown ATL brother grin why you aint tell us exactly why you chose ATL ? more conducive to your downlow brother existence ? grin grin and quit wearing them pink shirts too

Since you have shown yourself to be the troll on here,I will oblige by feeding you.

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 12:41am On Apr 09, 2011
buzugee:

bruv, canada na depression zone.
1, interpersonal collusion between the citizens is zero. everybody dey face ground dey waka
2, the cold go waya you so tay you go think say na demon send the cold. ya fingers will be on fire if left exposed (fire from cold)
3, no vitamin D,
4, SAD (seasonal disorder of the immune system)
5, highly taxed income
6, lots of job discrimination in canada

Lets help the agege faggut with his facts here,
Agege has Unreliable electricity,no working sewage system, which means the stench itself is unbearable,hordes of psychotic and handicapped in the street,lack of potable drinking water,jobs=wishful thinking unless it involves pocket picking or street thuggery.roads that resemble moon craters and child exploitation left and right, Did I miss anything, Ajepako king
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 12:46am On Apr 09, 2011
I forgot he is probably on his way to loot, oh here, some pictures of him doing his thing.
Agege style

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 12:56am On Apr 09, 2011
Uzwa,like you.Hurrry up jor, remember say you need credit,so you go log on nairaland early,reply Kabukabu grin grin grin

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Gbenge77(m): 12:58am On Apr 09, 2011
Nigeria ,along with Ukraine tops the list of US DV LOTTERY APPLICANTS,with about 600,000 entries.For these Nigerians,they would rather take their chances with the US,economic recession or not.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 1:03am On Apr 09, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Nigeria ,along with Ukraine tops the list of US DV LOTTERY APPLICANTS,with about 600,000 entries.For these Nigerians,they would rather take their chances with the US,economic recession or not.

GBAMMMMM. grin grin

Well said, somewhere I have the feeling that "agege boy" buguzee is a deportee.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 09, 2011
Well when it rains it pours but not forever.

Interesting tho. They have to do what they have to do I suppose.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by justwise(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2011
Bavarian:

@Redman44, thanks for spitting out the bitter truth here, I wonder where people got their false stories about Continental Europe from. the UK is the worst country for immigrants in europe. some people come here and tell huge lies that will continue to deceive Nigerians at home. 90% of Nigerians that have settled in France, Germany or Holland are far better than the ones in the UK. I was deceived as well until I lived there for 4 good years, I left Germany with my wife and kids and we moved to the UK. I´ve 3 brothers and a sister in the UK, with family houses in London & Glasgow respectively so nobody can tell me anthing new about the UK. First of all, the british are 10 times more racist than the french,germans or dutch. buzugee wasn´t served in a bar in Dusseldorf?? the tradefair capital of the world? "strange" France? who treats black people like poo in France? black people, (even african immigrants with resident permits) are in parliament, they are black mayors of big towns/cities, black entreprenuers etc. You get resident permits automatically when you marry a citizen,study or have a child, unlike the UK where they don´t give you jack! They´re the worst racists & it is the only country where I´ve been called the N word several times grin this is a country full of gangs,buglars & rapists!! a thug country, a broken society where you can´t even sleep with closed eyes anymore. I couldn´t even leave my wife alone at home when I went to Nigeria cos she was treatened a few times. Racism is extreme in the UK & they hate Nigerians to the bone! I think some people just always to claim they´re better in the UK meanwhile their lives would have been better here on the Continent. I run my own company, employ white people, I own my own home (better than the council flats in the UK) I drive benz cars and I go to powerful gatherings. I go to naija ANYTIME I want & I travel all over the world. This countries are not like Russia or the terrible Northern Ireland PLEASE!!
You don't have to tell some silly lies to put ur points across, u don't seem to know jack about the UK apart from ur hatred.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by MAURI: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2011
@Buzugee
yeah i had a rude awakening in dusseldorf germany. i went to a restaurant and they wouldnt serve me. of course this was the nineties. i had to slink out of that restaurant in shame after sitting for 30 minutes after everyone around me got served including all those who came after me. then it sunk in, dude they dont serve black people in germany   so i skedaddled and never came back.

Buz men,

I was just wondering, if the same thing happen to you in Naija, wld you have reacted in the same manner?
I wld have called them to order, your reaction was conform their expectations. They want to make you feel inferior and you gave in by walking away, and not letting them know you do not fit their stereotype of black people. Stand up for your self and demand to be served like any other customer, that has come there with his dough.
I work in an environment where majority of the people I interact with are Europeans (Oyinbos), lol. The nature of my work entails working in projects, I have observed, that when some people walk into meeting rooms with me for the first time without knowing me, they get sort of taken aback, 'cos they are not familiar with meeting coloured people in such settings. (It's a natural animalistic reflex). (It's like bumping into an Oyinbo in the middle of the night walking the streets of Ajegunle). Then they get curious, and go like,  "where in the US are you from?" (Oyinbo indirect tactics of asking where you are from),  And I am like,  Nope, I am Nigerian. The moral of my story is, whether they like it or not, they are forced to adjust their position about people from specific race. But we need to stand up and demand our place in the face of adversaries.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kushe: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2011
@y'all

as I get older,i ponder on the inequalities in life and sometimes i feel we all comment based on perception and hear say.I hav lived in the UK for most of my adult life and my conclusion is eldorado got no location.I am extremely comfortable but I hav relatives,friends,church folk that i can hardly say the same about and sometimes i ask myself serious questions.

Was I born in the UK?I was born in lagos,went to an FGC,started uni in naija but stopped after a few months and went to college for A levels in London after which i got into uni in jand and i hav been there ever since.but i look back at several ppl i hav known in the past 16 years of living here and my conclusion,life is a journey and like rungs of a ladder we are all placed at different points in our journey,some have it tough,others quite easy,but the way u think ultimately determines who u are and what spot u will occupy on the ladder.

i cant relate to a lot of the hardship i read here cos till i wrote my last paper in uni,funds were only a phone call away,and i wasnt spoilt,but my parents were and are quite comfortable,but after uni,gbam,they boned me.Thank goodness i had the mindset of ascending the ladder and quick,cos i didnt complain but dove headlong into the system to see what it could do for me.I havent regretted being here one day.

But i will share a few tales with u guys,had a close naija friend we was in college doing a levels together,born and bred in london and sent to naija in secondary school for being too stubborn.after a levels he was like,f, k this sh, t.and he started working full time and partying hard.somewhere along the line,life crept up on him and he started a family,and they live in a council estate around dulwich,and during a recent visit after xmas,he admitted he messed up when it counted the most and blamed his current life on the choices he made back then.

how can u ascend the ladder in a foreign country without special skills or an entrepreneurial acumen that stands out?i know british ppl that are the scum of the earth,white oyinbo sad excuse for 'matter',spend their entire life at the pub and waiting for grants kind of ppl,how much more,an african immigrant,usually illegit,or those on a wild goose chase here thinking once i am past the gates of heathrow,faajii ti bere niyen.

i hav a lot of naija friends in london who hav done very well for themselves,some moved to other countries,some lost their jobs during the meltdown,some are just starting all over  again,but unfortunately,i know more that it is difficult to have a conversation with cos they just dont get it and now we are all in our mid thirties.life is what u make of it folks cos i was in naija till wensday and truthfully i would rather be there than here.

things are happening in naija,although a bit tight now,but with the impending explosion of the middle class in a few years,guys,i cant shout like they say in naija.i work in strategy consulting,and deducting the political uncertainties,nigeria is a strong contender for the first few slots to join the BRIC nations,with a recent report claiming this could happen as early as 2016 because of the growing population.

Ghana's shine is very temporary,naija is the place to be cos i am privy to a document that nigeria has the highest potential of producing new billionaires in the world by 2025 and we will have the highest number of billionaires in sub saharan africa by 2015.

do u know how much MTN has earned since 2001? meanwhile 285 million dollars was how much they paid for the license.a paltry sum compared to their annual profit and that is inspite of the lack of energy and corruption.

Let me be nice and leak some stuff here ,but it is only for the discerning.IDIOTS are barred plssssssssssssss.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by hardbody: 10:58am On Apr 09, 2011
@kushe

Shebi i have warned people not to even conjecture a desire to come back here , read my earlier post (i dont know hw u guys copy and post earlier comments) however i have DEMANDED that ALL the guys that jumped ship and abandoned 9ja should stick it out through d meltdown. Please dont come and punctuate our slow but steady movement out of the woods in our beloved 9ja. We are prepared 2 salvage ours, stay out there and salvage ur common wealth with dem oyinbos, una hia me sooo?

And u, why are u spreading this bait out for the gluttonous? Let us settle in first b4 they come home with their ivy league trained consciousness to overtake us here again in what we have steadily built. Na my own be that. I don talk finish. Am off to Ghana immediately after today's elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience Travelling With United Nigeria / Container Falls On Major Highway In Ikeja Area Of Lagos. Photos / Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI Unveils Tech Solutions For Mass Transit Operators In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.