Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,782 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? (2238 Views)

What Does "Na Wa O" Mean In English / What Does Ekúùlé Mean In English Language? / Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Becomes The Youngest King In Ijaw Nation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Kayberg: 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
TAO11:
No I don’t know about it brother. I’m so sorry. I may get someone’s number for you who should know. If he doesn’t know he would happy to research it.

Thanks for the compliment. smiley

Alright then.
Thanks in advance.
Waiting for it.
Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Balogunodua(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
TAO11:

Jude Igbinoba, it is obvious that you have suffered untold oppression at the hands of some Yorubas in the real-world, hence your resolution to ‘fight-back’ behind a keyboard using every desperate falsehood you can conjure.

(1) Regarding your misguided conclusion, from your map above that (Lagos was part of Benin); could you now be consistent enough to take your own reasoning a step further and conclude that Benin kingdom itself was (conquered by Guinea, and as such a) part of GUINEA as shown in my map below?:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996712_39f6170140704f73ab45f520cf301954_jpeg_jpeg0dfd14a7001a5a526490996b9f94cc07

(2) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation should make you consider suicide again:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, slaves were not taken from “all across Africa”. Rather, slaves were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including Edo people raided by Ibadan invaders).

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have
been known by the name “Yoruba” in their present home for centuries prior to the commencement of the return of ex-slaves.

We know this because the process of returning ex-slaves back to West Africa didn’t begin until the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts from the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name “Yoruba” ) among some of the ethnic groups of our region.

This manuscript written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below; and the name “Yoruba” is shown in red highlight among the other ethnic groups as can be seen in the original and the translation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-slaves who were of West African descent and Central African descent were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their actual homeland from which they were originally taken.

An important example here is the Bishop Samuel Adjai Crowther who was taken from Oṣoogun in present-day Oyo state.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others did.

(3) The only ethnic-group that I know of who were too weak to fight their way to freedom and be returned to Africa are the Edos.

And I know this is precisely where your bitterness and misery comes from. Your people were subjected fully in the Americas as the natural slaves that they are.

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when their descendants took it upon themselves to leverage on the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back to Benin Kingdom. See embedded video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Bradbury by the Edos themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

Cheers!

Cc: googi, Kayberg, LeoThaGreat, AlphaSoul, Christistruth00

You kept exposing this Edo miscreants and their lies.....I salut aunty mi..... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Kayberg: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2021
Balogunodua:

You kept exposing this Edo miscreants and their lies.....I salut aunty mi..... grin

cheesy
Honestly bro, I just wish I could meet her one on one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Courtesy of the British museum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw
Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by TAO11(f): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
Jude (aka @Truthshots), thanks for reminding us that Benin had bronzes.

Benin bronzes are unable to stand a worthy comparison with the bests from the pre-modern world.

Only the Ife bronzes can do that on the (‘black’) African continent.

Cheers!
————————
(1) William Bascom on The Ife Sculptures:
How, in a comparatively obscure corner of this vast and backward continent, could an art and a technique have flowered that take their stand beside the best ever evolved by the elaborate civilizations of Europe and Asia?" ~ W. R. Bascom, “The Illustrated London News,” (8 April 1939), p. 592.

(2) Frank Willet on The Ife Sculptures:
The heads were unlike any known African art, and being in a style of quasi-mensurational naturalism, had an immediate appeal to those trained in the canons of European taste. These works could be judged without condescension as works of art in their own right; they would stand comparison with anything which Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece and Rome, or Renaissance Europe had to offer". ~ Frank Willett, “Ife and Its Archaeology,” The Journal of African History, Vol. 1, No. 2 (1960), p. 239.

(3) Leo Frobenius on The Ife Sculptures:
These meagre relics were eloquent of a symmetry, a vitality, a delicacy of form directly reminiscent of ancient Greece and a proof that, once upon a time, a race, far superior in strain to the negro, had been settled here. Here was an indication of something unquestionably exotic and the existence of an extremely ancient civilization. From the moment of this discovery onward I knew that my task in llifé [Ile-Ife] was turned in a direction I had hardly dared to expect." ~ L. Frobenius, “The Voice of Africa,” 1913, pp. 88-89.

Cc: Kayberg, Balogunodua

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
How and when were the yorubas created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg
Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
To any Yoruba whom is tired of being lied to by his kinsmen. I can answer your questions truthfully and educate you on the true passed of your ancestors. You can't honour the latter if you don't know their true history.
You can't unbound yourself from your slave mentality and bloodline unless you learn the true history of your people and stop hiding behind crooked story tellers whom are selling you a pipe dream.

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by TAO11(f): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
Truthshots:
[s]How and when were the yorubas created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg[/s]

Truthshots:
[s]To any Yoruba whom is tired of being lied to by his kinsmen. I can answer your questions truthfully and educate you on the true passed of your ancestors. You can't honour the latter if you don't know their true history.
You can't unbound yourself from your slave mentality and bloodline unless you learn the true history of your people and stop hiding behind crooked story tellers whom are selling you a pipe dream.

Refer to my longer comment above for an embarrassing and thorough refutation of both your propaganda video and your personal hallucinations.

I have devastatingly debunked your fictions as nothing but LIES, LIES, LIES.

1 Like

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by macof(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
christistruth01:

God will bless you for Educating him
that guy can never be educated o

Everything LeoThaGreat posted has been told to him.
He would rather open multiple accounts to repeat the same nonsense he says Everytime

3 Likes

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
Truthshots:
To any Yoruba whom is tired of being lied to by his kinsmen. I can answer your questions truthfully and educate you on the true passed of your ancestors. You can't honour the latter if you don't know their true history.

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by TAO11(f): 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Truthshots:
[s]To any Yoruba whom is tired of being lied to by his kinsmen. I can answer your questions truthfully and educate you on the true passed of your ancestors. You can't honour the latter if you don't know their true history.

Refer to my longer comment above for an embarrassing and thorough refutation of both your propaganda video and your personal hallucinations.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13335316_1d575f416cd14b05b9ef192226ba8ae1_giff0f2d97c827f7c42daa633e8c2c2b8a1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13335317_0b2c47b26d5e4faeb1522395ae616f81_jpeg_jpegda1bbbab5f53b9538f92c62f5c09d381

1 Like

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by davidnazee: 1:37am On Apr 01, 2021
TAO11:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13335316_1d575f416cd14b05b9ef192226ba8ae1_giff0f2d97c827f7c42daa633e8c2c2b8a1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13335317_0b2c47b26d5e4faeb1522395ae616f81_jpeg_jpegda1bbbab5f53b9538f92c62f5c09d381

Truth hurts...
Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 01, 2021
The Oni is just s native doctor impersonating kingship.

Re: What Does "Ukoruama" (lagos) Mean In Ijaw? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2021
1) who was the first ooni of ife to copy the word Oba into his title: adesoji aderemi.
He also created a beaded crown as a way to copy the benin crown. (the fake crown in the picture below)

2) there is no such thing as Edo, igbo or yoruba etymology. Anybody using such as argument is either intellectually bankrupt either morally bankrupt, anyways his argument is trash.

3) the yoruba have a habbit of copying other people's cultures:

a) they first copied the word "sir" which is a mark of british nobility: ooni of ife, sir adesoji.
b) after some time they changed that borrowed word for an other borrowed word "Oba" the title of the King of benin: it then became "ooni of ife, oba adesoji"
c) adesoji also imitated the benin crown
d) the current crown worn by the ooni of ife is an imitation of a statue which was found in ife
e) the current dress of the ooni of ife is an imitation of the royal uniform of the king of the ashanti.

4) Benin has a true history, ife has fairytales.
5) benin has architecture, ife has fairytales of rambo/oduduwa dropping from the sky in egypt strait into ife with a golden parachute/chain.
6) Benin actually fought a war against britain, ife once again has fairytales of great warriors
7) Benin city got burnt into ashes, ife didn't yet no architecture, nothing to show in ife.
8 ) at this point it feels like a big insult to even dare pronounce benin and ife in the same sentence in anybody's dream.
indeed, ife remains a village, a make-belief rubbish elevated by the invaders becuase the ooni of ife was a backstabbing traitor to the cause the black race. The ooni of ife served the british instead of fighting the british, coward if you ask me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. / Oso Asiri Bibo Kekere / Poster Pasting Culture During Election In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.