Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,788 members, 7,844,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses (1203 Views)

NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates / DELSU Bans Miniskirt; Reduces Number of Campus Fellowships / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by jackbauer: 7:07am On Jul 05, 2007
The University of Ibadan has banned‘skimpy’ and revealing dresses among its female students.

It has also taken steps on eradicating cultism by asking its students to sign an undertaking not to belong to any unregistered group in the institution.

At the orientation programme for new students of the Distance Learning Centre of the university on Wednesday, the students were given a code of ethics and dress code.

According to the code, all female students are expected to dress decently and avoid revealing clothes.

“Anything tight, scant, backless, see through, low in the neckline or revealing the midriff is immodest and unethical and will not be allowed,” the students were told.

Male students were also told to abstain from wearing ragged or torn jeans as well as earrings. They were told that braiding of hair by men would not be allowed.

All the students signed an undertaking that they would not join any cult; while those who were already members of a cult group were given the chance to renounce.

They were told that anyone later found to belong to any cult would not only be dismissed, but also prosecuted
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by BIKINI(f): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2007
na dem sabi, grin as long as its not gender based ,i e its not restricted to ladies alone, it's their school they call the shots .
if u don 't gbadun d arrangement u move to another school. but after all said and done this issue does not affect the price of garri in the market grin grin grin grin
the hood does not make the monk no be my dressin be wetin dey inside my head!
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by dominobaby(f): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2007
Lol, na today people begin sign undertaking?
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2007
STORY story
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by osereka(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2007
eh henn thats better. haba! u go dem sistas dem a dress like a wanton ina we university.
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by freaksho(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2007
OH please.they were banning them like six years before i entered, and now theyre still at that?they can go ahead and 'ban'to their hearts content.what are they going to do;whip out a tape rule and measure every hem line and bust line before a girl walks into the class??
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by Harlex(m): 4:29am On Jul 18, 2007
i think that is good for our school.
Re: UI Bans 'Skimpy' Dresses by ferdimako1: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2007
Ladies, cover ur bodies abeg. You can reveal them in our rooms and homes.

(1) (Reply)

About Delsu / Who Knows Anything About Ajayi Crowther University? / Cheap Foreign University For Studies And Tip On Scholarship To Czech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.