Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Wen Shall I See My Home Again? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wen Shall I See My Home Again? (1823 Views)

Why Do I See Strange Things In A Split Seconds Whenever I Doze Off? / Ondo, My Home / Money Found Hidden Under A Mattress By A Guest In My Home. What Does This Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wen Shall I See My Home Again? by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
ecalling when I was in primary school class 1, and we were taught the primary school rhymes, this was at the time when nursery schools were hardly found in Nigeria, I recalled when my class teacher taught us the popular school rhyme: "Oh My Home". The lyrics of the song reads: Oh! My home, oh! My home. When shall I see my home? When shall I see my native native land? I will never forget my home."

My school then was the Army Children's School, 18 Depot NA in Sabon Gari, Zaria in Kaduna State. This was in 1971. Just like any teacher would teach a school rhyme: Teacher Audu would sing out the stanzas of the rhyme, and after him, he would ask us to repeat each stanza.

When we do, he would ask us to repeat them by saying "again!". And so we continued until he was persuaded that we have got the stanzas he taught to his satisfaction. So we continued: "oh my home", and Teacher Audu would say again! We would repeat, "Oh! My home.." and he too would repeat "again". So we sang every stanza of that rhyme until he felt we'd got him well.

At the end, Teacher Audu asked the whole class to sing the "oh my home" rhyme together. While we were on the rhymes, Teacher Audu spotted Zubairu Aliyu adding "again" to his own, coming out distinctly from the chorus. So Teacher Audu called him out to sing it alone before the class.

Zubairu Aliyu, a Muchian Dan Autan Zaria boy, walked to the front of the class, and bowed his head to the whole class. We all also clapped in acknowledgement of the honour he bestowed. Locking his fingers behind his back, he swung his body in a gyration, from one side to the other, raising his head up and he began...

"Oh! My huom, again; oh my huom again. When shala see my huom, againnn...

Read more>>>>>>>>>
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=d5997a1c560ee47c293f4aa0fb7c24fe&news_entry_id=s50ccab5210210en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_2b495fca-825b-4983-a6ef-690f3fde80f8&from=news

Re: Wen Shall I See My Home Again? by Quelle: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2021
[size=14]Order for your data [/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Experts Come Out; Please What’s The Meaning Of Giwa In Yoruba / ..... / Nigerians Vs Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.