Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option (36562 Views)

Mastercard To Buy Stake In MTN’s $5.2 Billion Fintech Unit / UBA Partners With Mastercard To Reward Loyal Customers With All-expense Paid / Zenith Bank Partners Facebook, Mastercard To Pioneer QR Payments On Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Lagoon0: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
BadRadio:
crypto is for those pursuing chicken change... Crypto is for thieves and greedy mothef**ckers... lazy youths and fraudsters.

real men earn and save their monies in Naira... wetin consine Ned Nwoko with blockchaingrin ¿

How many of u can finish 1 trillion naira in 100 years?

save ur cash in NAIRA NOW !!!
Chicken change like elon musk investment in crypto bah?

By the way who the hell is Ned nwoko? He's he staying in your street?
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by incomeboostng: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
Okay na
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by doxijaw: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
MT:
When people read, they should try to digest the information. Mastercard is NOT a country. MasterCard is a technological organisation using its existing technology and infrastructures to "enable" various transactions. It possesses technology to process payment and in the process, make money in form of commission, off the transactions. Whatever happens to your transaction is your headache, they are NOT liable.

If Mastercard gives support to Crypto currency, that DOES NOT eliminate the threats identified by the financial experts across the world. Mastercard is NOT bothered about the threats of Crypto Currencies like the Governors of various Central Banks will see it. MasterCard is focused on bringing in more players to leverage on their existing technology, so as to make more money for the company. It is that simple.

Genius!

I enjoyed the 3d thinking grin
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by razzydoo(m): 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
Shows our govt is fast becoming outdated.
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oya ban MasterCard Na. Fools
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Elsueno: 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
CSTRR:
Instead of Nigeria to create own crypto called naira coin, or allow Nigerians to hold enough bitcoins as a kind of wealth diversification for the nation.

This is one of the dumbest govts in the world.

Me, I don buy plenty from those panic sellers a week ago...who gives a shyt about CBN, when I can easily convert D crypto to dollars whenever I want cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by phenzy(m): 12:41am On Feb 12, 2021
Elsueno:

Me, I don buy plenty from those panic sellers a week ago...who gives a shyt about CBN, when I can easily convert D crypto to dollars whenever I want cheesy

Abeg where you buy am from. You fit link me with a seller?
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by eeetuk(m): 12:51am On Feb 12, 2021
[b]“Our philosophy on cryptocurrencies is straightforward: It’s about choice. Mastercard isn’t here to recommend you start using cryptocurrencies. But we are here to enable customers, merchants and businesses to move digital value – traditional or crypto – however, they want.”

I agree—continuing using cryptocurrency in business is about choice. Nigeria choice is banning cryptocurrency. and I hope Nigerians should begin to respect this choice by President Buhari administration.

Economic concerns about cryptocurrency, according to many studies are clear:
 It causes tax evasion
 It causes money laundry
 It allows terrorist groups to channel money for the purchase of weapons and other illegal purposes.
 It presents risks for individuals’ investors and financial systems
 It undercuts a country monetary policy

So, I call on president Buhari to ignore any call for lifting ban on cryptocurrency. Those in favor of cryptocurrency are profiting from it at the expense of millions of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by chrizzyace: 12:51am On Feb 12, 2021
@cbn una see una life outside? Simple thing u guys will be attaching foolish terrorism to anything that is supposed to bring progress or change to the country.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by hermesprogidy(m): 1:25am On Feb 12, 2021
XRP baby!!!!
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by davien(m): 2:20am On Feb 12, 2021
chrizzyace:
@cbn una see una life outside? Simple thing u guys will be attaching foolish terrorism to anything that is supposed to bring progress or change to the country.
The Dubai Boko Haram sponsors even used naira.. Could they still trace it? No.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by iLegendd(m): 3:31am On Feb 12, 2021
Kwem:
they should be fast about it.....

Fast? Nigerian fraudsters are just waiting to ruin it for us.
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by OmoAkin85: 7:42am On Feb 12, 2021
vioment:
We dun already dey in line for a month now.

Crypto is not going to replace productivity or hard currency yet or maybe never . It is just a transaction medium.

Learn to know if you can use it to your advantage in a good and non scamming way. Never forget your key.

On a different note, Confession time, 3 years ago, two guys, one Russian and one Georgian, been jam my head as in chop my money, cun dey merry with my loss. Na so, I use different avenue cun link up with them again, I cun work them small unto say crypto Mata; after much much, I cun show them my flexing with the money they been owe me and the extra wey I collect as compensation. God forgive me for that incident sha. Even though say na dem first chop my $6200. Make I cast my Mata, my only sin that year. I rechop their 48k. Time dey before. In 4months, I dun finish work, change my pattern to good things.

I paid evil for evil in that case. Dem been dey use me play and catch cruise. I go call, dem go dey laff me, dey hang up phone for money wey I send dem for goods.

48k dollars
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by TGM2015: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2021
It listed consumer protection, strict compliance protocols including know your customer (KYC), compliance with local laws and regulations in the regions where they are used and the ability to be used as a payment option as the criteria to be used in selecting the cryptocurrencies to be added to its network.

Nothing different from CBN conclusion of banning electronic money in all regulated financial institutions. As it stands now, no cryptocurrency has put measures in place to meet the stated requirements especially the KYC compliance.
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by shevy878: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:

Convert crypto to fiat and withdraw fiat. Most of you are not exposed and not intelligent.

Olodo! Did you say "convert to fiat" ? you said withdrew crypto directly from ATM. Weyrey wey no know anything dey form intelligent
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by LorenzoU: 10:05am On Feb 12, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]after this news now
CBN will just be cowering in shame
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by ernecy(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2021
Other clime are evolving, niaja government is busy banning crypto and closing bank account involved in crypto transaction
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Kwem(m): 11:20am On Feb 12, 2021
iLegendd:

Fast? Nigerian fraudsters are just waiting to ruin it for us.
although something it seems fraudsters are always ahead of developers.but what I do not understand is why they could not use this same energy for crime_free things...
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Abdogood(m): 11:46am On Feb 12, 2021
Luckydubby7:

The world have left buhari and apshit behind.

Are you surprised.

Dont you know that this old men are scared that all the stacked dollars and nairas will become useless once all money go digital. They don't know anything about cryptocurrency. So the need time to study it, understand it, twek it to thier own fomat before ushering policy that will favor them.

Una never see anything yet.

May while, if you are Tech greek! No federal govt can stop you. World power can not stop bitcoin. It is Fedaral that will.

People still buy n sell Crypto now more.

Banks and Buro-de-change are scared now.
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Goodman247: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2021
Kudducini:
You people think our leaders are not wise enough?

They really are; they saw this coming but because of greed they ban crypto so that we won't get rich overnight and overthrow them in big places all the want is to see us suffer giving us peanuts in exchange for votes... So they can keep embezzlement trending.

Shame on Nigeria and the ones who received #5000 to keep us in this mess.

I rest my case
that is what the north does, they keep thier people in poverty to control them
Re: Mastercard To Adopt Cryptocurrency As Payment Option by Elsueno: 9:28am On Feb 13, 2021
phenzy:

Abeg where you buy am from. You fit link me with a seller?

Bros wetin u dey talk. am already rearing to get more sef. D one I get is not even close to enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Someone Be Wealthy Without Involving In Dirty Deals / Nigeria Online Football Betting Site What Do You Think??? / Bill Gates Speaks Pidgin English On BBC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.