Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:15 AM

Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes (26543 Views)

How Buhari Delayed APC Presidential Aspirants’ Screening To Accommodate Jonathan / 260 Aggrieved APC Members Beg Osinbajo To Accommodate Them / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
The governors statement clearly shows the position of an average Fulani man on this herders matter.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
LegendHero:
We have always been too accommodating and failed to draw boundaries between Yorubas and outsiders in our zone and that is what led us to the current situation where other tribes trespass within our region and do things that they CAN never accept from non-indigene in their respective zones.

If we are using a region to benchmark accommodation, the only region that fit into that narrative is the SW. That a Northerner can start lecturing the West about accommodation seems like an aberration to me.

Your Fulani herdsmen are killing people and destroying people livelihood and you expect us not to speak up? Are those Yorubas in your respective states not respecting their boundaries? Did the kill the indigenes and intrude their space? How many times have we even heard of Yorubas committing crimes in the news in those states when compared to how non-indigenes commit crimes in the SW?

When we accommodate you and allow you to assimilate into our folds you call us mugu. When we fail to respond in kind when you trespass your boundaries you call us cowards. Now that we are speaking up that you should desist from killing us, you say we are not accommodating.

Just give it a small time. The SW is already using the media to create the necessary awareness about this herdsmen and I know it’s intentional. We are gathering enough evidence so that when what is planned start they won’t say we killed an ant with a sledge hammer.

Verdict: YES, we are not accommodating and we never wish to henceforth!!!

Let’s see how it goes!

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Why turn your back on The fulani people you supported in 2015 at this time ?

The blood of every Yoruba person killed by this killer herdsmen will be on your head .
Keep quiet! You should ask GEJ why he bungled the opportunity given to him.
Yorubas believe in perfomers. We believe in progress
We supported GEJ not because he is a Southerner but because we thought he would perform. We thought he would bring further progress. But we were wrong. He messed up and even demonstrated to the Yorubas that he didn't give a hoot. Why do you blame us? We are not nepotist. We believe in development, brilliance and progress. Buhari came along promising progress and development. We fell for it because GEJ did not perform. We did what any logical person will do. Alas nobody is immune to deception. Stop blaming us! Blame GEJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Then why chasing away fulanis?

Are they not one Nigerian again.

Go and ask the Fulani why they are being chased.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Atiku is not a fanatic like the buhari you supported in 2015

the blood of every Yoruba man and woman killed by this killer herdsmen on Yoruba soil will be on your head.

Oh, you know Atiku so well that he is not a fanatic? Your bitterness against the Yoruba and your lack of collective decorum and abundance of collective hypocrisy has always been your bane.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Onepeople: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
South west is a region known for their accommodating culture and Igboho is trying to deceive Yoruba youths to abandon their age long culture of accommodating strangers. Igboho's ass must surely end up in Hague for his crimes against humanity
this is a no no for me ,you guy's is fast turning this forum to a joke,let learn to keep quiet when we have nothing to write about pls.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Seunmsg, I see you've switched moniker to counter my obvious truth

You can switch moniker all you want but you can't run away from the justice that awaits you and your likes for supporting this useless and cursed government that has brought so much pain , death and sorrow on Yoruba land .

Its not only seunmsg that shares the opinion that something is wrong with you. A lot of us in this forum do.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 2:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You've got the service chiefs and yet you're the most killed even n your own soil .

Shame no dey catch you ?

You should be the one ashamed for spreading foolishness, lies, hate and bitterness. We know what Fulanis are doing in your region. Oga princeofnowhere!
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Onepeople: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
LegendHero:
We have always been too accommodating and failed to draw boundaries between Yorubas and outsiders in our zone and that is what led us to the current situation where other tribes trespass within our region and do things that they CAN never accept from non-indigene in their respective zones.

If we are using a region to benchmark accommodation, the only region that fit into that narrative is the SW. That a Northerner can start lecturing the West about accommodation seems like an aberration to me.

Your Fulani herdsmen are killing people and destroying people livelihood and you expect us not to speak up? Are those Yorubas in your respective states not respecting their boundaries? Did the kill the indigenes and intrude their space? How many times have we even heard of Yorubas committing crimes in the news in those states when compared to how non-indigenes commit crimes in the SW?

When we accommodate you and allow you to assimilate into our folds you call us mugu. When we fail to respond in kind when you trespass your boundaries you call us cowards. Now that we are speaking up that you should desist from killing us, you say we are not accommodating.

Just give it a small time. The SW is already using the media to create the necessary awareness about this herdsmen and I know it’s intentional. We are gathering enough evidence so that when what is planned start they won’t say we killed an ant with a sledge hammer.

Verdict: YES, we are not accommodating and we never wish to henceforth!!!

Let’s see how it goes!
A fulani herder you supported for presidency is now problem to your region? That must be a mistake of tongue, the west has refused to draw a line between safety of their life and politics ,stop worshipping one man in the name of political loyalty so that the entire region will not be led astray by the selfish interest of one man ok.onece you learn this your first step of liberation .
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I would have showed you our Amotekun but, they are toothless bulldogs.

Then try and do dental implants for you bulldog and stop griping over other people's matter. Dem swear for you?
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by xtervaganza(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2021
Why am I not surprised. When will people from the south wake up and ask to break away from this evil country
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
LegendHero:

As in, the funniest thing is that Aboki are usually involved with those Yahoo boys and we’ve not seen cases where they are arrested with them and paraded like how they do to yahoo boys.

Aboki operate some/most of those Dom accounts guys are using to collect the wire of huge transfers, and I know these security guys know but they just play ignorant.

Although me too I don’t support G, but when you don’t give people things to do, they will find ways to survive.

However, they should be ready to face the consequence of their action and selective justice should not be introduced by the government.

Okare omo oko.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
The Atiku you voted is a Fulani too, has he said anything?

Jonathan promised to give them 100 billion for ruga, you're here talking rubbish as if the problem starts when Buhari came in.

The problem with you people is, you can never get over an ordinary election loss, always tying everything to the defeat of Jonathan. Did you want him to be in power forever?

As in! They are just too emotional to relate with. They don't get over things easily.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by foreshore(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

But Ganduje who supports ranching is from same Fulani tribe

We are talking about Bala the Bozo.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by myobjective: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
Asswipemod:

These Aboki governors don't have sense and cannot put together logical arguments. See this bozo! Do Yorubas go to Northern states to live inside forests, refuse to go to school, herd cows to destroy other people's means of livelihood, kidnap the indigenes and kill them? I mean, this goon just affirmed that there are Yoruba permanent secretaries in their civil service. Can you put a Fulani id.iot who lives in the forest and destroy other people's farms; who kills farmers for daring to protest; who kidnaps and rapes; who maliciously burn farmlands and maim in the civil service permanent secretary? For a group of people to live in your region for 150 years while they end up as school teachers, PS, doctors, business men means they are excellent amd productive people. Yorubas make up the best lecturers in Northern universities. Their students are one of the best in the North. So what is this cow brained governor talking about? Talking shii about intolerance.

I'm a product of one of those federal universities in Northern Nigeria, when I graduated, all the first-class graduate in my department were Yorubas. I added this to buttress your point.

The Hausa and northern ethnic minorities are being killed in their thousand by the same Fulani bandits and criminals. None of these nonentities found a voice to condemn the action of these Fulani terrorist. But when the issue came down south and the Yoruba state gov't started talking, they flair up. In their deluded mind, the Fulani have the right to terrorize others and everyone should pretend that everything is okay.

The Jihad of Usman dan Fodiyo might have rendered the Hausa powerless but the Yorubas still have their voice and will resist any attempt to turn their homeland into a chaos.

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by AyoadeMustard: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
Your brain is small
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
AnanseK:

What Governor Bala is saying the truth, other Northern Governors should come out and say the same thing. Southern tribes are tolerated in the North. But must this tolerance continue?

The way people reason. I wonder how they even operate their phones.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by AnanseK(m): 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
myobjective:

I avoided the issue of law and orders because the herdsmen that move around sacking villages upon villages in Katsina and Zamfara don't give a Bleep
or those kidnapping, destroying farms in the southwest. If you really want to talk about law then the Federal government needs to make example of Fulani criminal first, we'll follow suit.

Yorubas are one of the most accommodated groups in Nigeria. There are Sabos in all Yorubaland. The Hausas, Fulanis, Nupes and Eghir have been living and doing business unhindered in Yorubaland for centuries but if you want to play politics with the issue of Fulani herders criminals then be my guest. The correct thing has been done by the southwestern gov't. They have been banned from the forest and open grazing has been outlawed. If you are not okay with that directives then expect you to do your worse.

Talking about the largest indigenous group without putting a name to your ethnic group sound like a giant inferiority complex popping out. The Hausa city-states were not in any way better in art, state-building, industries, ironwork, architectures etc than Yoruba states before the coming of the white. Infact, before the Jihad of Usman dan Fodiyo (of yesterday 1804), no Hausa state was bigger ore more sophisticated than the Oyos, Ijebus, Ifes, Egbas etc. Even the Nupes had a much better and more organized state than most tiny Hausa city state.

Your ancestors still preferred Hausaland. There must be a reason.

About naming of ethnicity I have no problem with that. But NL is an anonymous forum and there is a limit to what you can let out about yourself. I gave you enough clue and if you and your ancestors were truly refugees in Hausaland for over a century as you claimed, you will know what I mean. Hausa states were not inferior to any heritage in Nigeria, your grandfather knows that. As my people would say “Dadin mashekari ke sa dan akuya tozo “.
I don’t mind talking to you one on one but I can’t give too much in such a forum.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
myobjective:

I'm a product of one of those federal universities in Northern Nigeria, when I graduated, all the first-class graduate in my department were Yorubas. I added this to buttress your point.

The Hausa and northern ethnic minorities are being killed in their thousand by the same Fulani bandits and criminals. None of these nonentities found a voice to condemn the action of these Fulani terrorist. But when the issue came down south and the Yoruba state gov't started talking, they flair up. In their deluded mind, the Fulani have the right to terrorize others and everyone should pretend that everything is okay.

The Jihad of Usman dan Fodiyo might have rendered the Hausa powerless but the Yorubas still have their voice and will resist any attempt to turn their homeland into a chaos.

You get mouth my person.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
udemzyudex:
This man should be investigated, he is a terrorist.

Before nko. He is probably from Niger republic too.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by kelly72: 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
That is not true I am Igbo and I live in Lagos. You cant come into a town and be killing natives if you dont have an evil agenda
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Asswipemod: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
AnanseK:

The civilized thing to do is to identify suspects and prosecute them within the state where crime was committed, even death sentences can be passed and carried out at state level. But when you criminalize all members of a tribe and expel them from your states , you are definitely calling for the same treatment elsewhere. I hope the Northern Governors are listening.

They can listen all they want. And if you do not have wooden pegs fastened to your ears, you would have known that the Yoruba are not saying that peaceful, law abiding and God-fearing Fulanis who want to live where other humans are living are accomodated. And that it is the selfish, callous, malicious, murdering criminals who dwell in thick jungles to hide away and escape the grips of justice that we don't want. Yorubas don't go to the North to commit crimes and flee to the forests. Any sane and reasonable person in Nigeria knows that it is not normal to reside inside forests with AK47 except you're planning an invasion. We know what you guys are up to and you will not succeed by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
The truth of the matter is that the Federal Government is in charge of the security architecture of Nigeria, yet they have refused to take definite and on this herders,simple because Fulani's are in charge of Nigeria security! They should keep toying with the unity of this country. They should remember that this is 21st century and power belongs to the people.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by nogragra: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
Divoc:

https://dailytrust.com/herdsmen-southwest-doesnt-want-to-accommodate-other-tribes-gov-muhammed
Mr Governor for you information we are better enlightened now the days of accommodation is gone forever. I don't know which part is not clear to you. The land in the north is far bigger than the south stay there you greedy nuisance northerners.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by myobjective: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
AnanseK:

Your ancestors still preferred Hausaland. There must be a reason.

About naming of ethnicity I have no problem with that. But NL is an anonymous forum and there is a limit to what you can let out about yourself. I gave you enough clue and if you and your ancestors were truly refugees in Hausaland for over a century as you claimed, you will know what I mean. Hausa states were not inferior to any heritage in Nigeria, your grandfather knows that. As my people would say “Dadin mashekari ke sa dan akuya tozo “.
I don’t mind talking to you one on one but I can’t give too much in such a forum.

Has I have said time without number, I believe in Nigeria and I believe that a majority of northern masses ( Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe etc) also want a Nigeria that works. We all want to eat, live in peace and go about our lawful business without problems. But the issue of kidnapping and banditry is not been tackle properly and the political elites, especially from the north, have resulted in playing politics with this.

My grandfather came to the north to trade. Bringing Kolanut to the north and taking back agro produce. The railway provides opportunities, bigger and smaller player partook in this. This doesn't mean that the north was anything better than the west. He even made a priority for all of us to go back to the south-west to have at least primary education, learn Yoruba and our peculiar dialect.

Has I have said earlier, we wouldn't sacrifice our safety for one Nigeria. No matter the number of years I may reside in the north, the southwest is still my home. The riots in Kano, Jos and Kaduna were the eye-openers.

2 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by myobjective: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
Onepeople:
A fulani herder you supported for the presidency is now problem to your region? That must be a mistake of tongue, the West has refused to draw a line between the safety of their life and politics,stop worshipping one man in the name of political loyalty so that the entire region will not be led astray by the selfish interest of one man ok.onece you learn this your first step of liberation .

We supported Buhari and he turns out be a disaster but Jonathan was already a disaster so no biggie.

If the opportunity presents itself after the Buhari, we'll either vote a progressive Yoruba like Fashola, Osinbanjo, Tinubu or even a Fulani like El Rufai.

This goes to show you that we don't have a problem with Hausa or Fulani as an ethnic group, our problem is with criminals herders.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by seguno2: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
Kennyswag:
Why britain merge us with fulanis self?
All of them na the same... useless people

I thought that only Igbo people are your problem.
What changed
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by seguno2: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
myobjective:
We supported Buhari and he turns out be a disaster but Jonathan was already a disaster so no biggie.

If the opportunity presents itself after the Buhari, we'll either vote a progressive Yoruba like Fashola, Osinbanjo, Tinubu or even a Fulani like El Rufai.

This goes to show you that we don't have a problem with Hausa or Fulani as an ethnic group, our problem is with criminals herders.

Please what did Fashola, Osinbajo and Tinubu do to deserve the progressive label, when compared with Jakande and Awolowo

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by myobjective: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
seguno2:

Please what did Fashola, Osinbajo and Tinubu do to deserve the progressive label, when compared with Jakande and Awolowo

Why not compare them with your governors from the south-east? Or you don't have governors in that part of Nigeria.
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by seguno2: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
myobjective:
Why not compare them with your governors from the south-east? How you don't have governors in that part of Nigeria.

Why not with my governors in the north west? Olodo oshi. Shebi you are a witch and wizard combined to know where someone is from on nairaland. Odeshi radarada!
Re: Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes by jamiuazeez(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
obviously, this Country is in the mess ...... God why is this Country U choose 4 me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Lands In Cross Rivers, To Meet Delegates / Obidients Must Stop Engaging Reno Omokri On Social Media / Kassim Afegbua Defects To PDP With Supporters In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.