Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (143782 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Leyqute(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2023
Ayomipoe:
🫠🤡

That dude has every attribute to be a scammer.

Rude. Immature. Lack of substance. It all points to fraud.

If you look past his insults and examine his shallow claims, you'll see him for what he is.

Newbies should approach him with caution. Whenever he starts talking about anything that will take money out of your pocket, leave him on read.

You might be having a difficult time on Upwork but don't let your frustrations push you into the arms of a scammer.

With determination and a strategy that you'll adjust based on the results you get, you'll get there. GudLck.

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Leyqute(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2023
Djreloaded:
you're so concerned about the insults, but not concerned about a riffraff constituting nuisance and defamations?

Hypocrisy 😹😹

And those insults will clear your name how?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by iamola30: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2023
Djreloaded:
spare me this load of shîttery...
I communicate and help newbies on the upwork community because they don't spew profanities, and hate filled posts under the guise of cruise.🤡

I am the 47th most up voted member on upwork this year. Go figure.

I don't drop nuggets here?
You must be a newbie here then...
At its infant stage of this thread, I dropped a proposal strategy that has changed the lives of two young men here, who thank me everyday...

Ya'll were blind by hate to notice gold at its raw form huh?

I've been called names from a Scammer, to a fake wannabe, and ya'll turn a blind eye to all of these things, but are quick to attack my claims when ya'll are unable to mask your insecurities and envy huh?

I started Odesk in 2008. Bet some of you didn't even have an internet enabled phone then...
So you think someone with that sea of experience will be a small fish?

I can decide to start afresh with a completely new account today, and still earn as much as I do.
Why? My knowledge of the game is deep rooted, and I know the workings of clients.

Just like you hypocritical lots banter here and secretly send me PMS asking for help....

This should be my last post on this thread..
Eeew. Stinks of so much toxicity and envy disguised.

Shut up, you empty vessel. If you keep talking trash I'll expose you soon.

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Roughstart(f): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2023
I was sincerely hoping that by the time I got to the end of this thread the drama would have ended😪
It now seems like I've forgotten the invaluable information I've gotten before the drama....
I guess I'll start afresh....uwa nkea sef🥺

To everyone that answers questions here and helps newbies like us navigate this platform God bless you all.
To the guy that had his permanently banned upwork account reinstated congratulations...you won't believe how I shouted for joy like say na my own😁

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:03am On Feb 20, 2023
Can one withdraw earnings to the USD accounts provided by Payday or Grey finance?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zidoh(m): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:
Can one withdraw earnings to the USD accounts provided by Payday or Grey finance?
No they are not listed in Upwork earning method .
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by danthamccoy(m): 10:51am On Feb 20, 2023
Hi guys.

Please, what's your recommended withdrawal method for Upwork that does not leave money on the table and is reliable? I thought Wise would be a great option, but I learned they are no longer one. Payoneer is out of the question for obvious reasons.

I'd really appreciate the help.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Babtunz: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2023
danthamccoy:
Hi guys.

Please, what's your recommended withdrawal method for Upwork that does not leave money on the table and is reliable? I thought Wise would be a great option, but I learned they are no longer one. Payoneer is out of the question for obvious reasons.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Please give reasons for the bolded above.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 12:52am On Feb 21, 2023
Zidoh:
No they are not listed in Upwork earning method .
But they provide virtual US bank accounts just like Wise. Is that not usable?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2023
You need an ACH account to withdraw directly from Upwork.
Grey does not provide an ACH account.
GeegPay does.
Wise does.
RoyalPriesthuud:
But they provide virtual US bank accounts just like Wise. Is that not usable?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Abudat(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2023
Best Place To Trade Your Ecurrency . 24/7 , 7days in A week.
Transact with us we' ve got Cash!!!
Sell N Buy
Paypal
Payoneer .
Skrill
Neteller
Bitcoin
Usdt.
Amazon gift card
Wbz

Contact whatsapp 08067433432
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Srredkita(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2023
US Level 2 fiverr account for sale
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ayomipoe:
You need an ACH account to withdraw directly from Upwork.
Grey does not provide an ACH account.
GeegPay does.
Wise does.
Okay thanks.

So for a beginner freelancer in Nigeria, which do you recommend? Geegpay or Wise
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:

Okay thanks.

So for a beginner freelancer in Nigeria, which do you recommend? Geegpay or Wise

GeegPay. I recommend this because I have seen too many beginners try to get their $40 out of Payoneer (not Wise). Geegpay would easily convert it for you and you can use the stipend to hold body.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
Kai, super true talk.
This is not a good situation to be in lol, trying to withdraw less than $50 from Payoneer.
Like pocohantas said, to start with and for most of your use case, Geegpay is perfect.
pocohantas:

GeegPay. I recommend this because I have seen too many beginners try to get their $40 out of Payoneer (not Wise). Geegpay would easily convert it for you and you can use the stipend to hold body.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Kai, super true talk.
This is not a good situation to be in lol, trying to withdraw less than $50 from Payoneer.
Like pocohantas said, to start with and for most of your use case, Geegpay is perfect.

Worse when you remember that Payoneer would take a whooping $10 (N7500). Money wey you fit manage for 1 week. Very painful every time I see it happen to a beginner.

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by MrEverest(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
pocohantas:

Worse when you remember that Payoneer would take a whooping $10 (N7500). Money wey you fit manage for 1 week. Very painful every time I see it happen to a beginner.

I thought payoneer takes only $3 or have they increased it?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Payoneer takes a minimum of $10 for transactions below $500, for transactions above $500 the charges are 2%.
MrEverest:

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
MrEverest:

I can’t remember sha. But I think they take $10 when it is less than $500 or so. Above is a percentage.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Please guys i need some clarification on Geegpay, i have been using payoneer to make withdraws from Upwork but their charge is much, so i decided to use Geegpay.

So i link my Geegpay Well Fargo account to upwork, and later make a withdraws of $190 since Saturday, and up till now is haven't see the money.

So my question to those that have used Geegpay on upwork, how long does it usually take less than 5: hours for withdrawal to reflect.

Note, i have been making withdrawal from payoneer to Geegpay, and it will take less than 6 hour's to reflect.

I. Don't know if because i made the withdrawal on weekend.

I need to hear from you those that have used Geegpay to withdraw from upwork
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
Typically, when I withdraw on Upwork to GeegPay on Friday, it usually drops very early in the morning on Saturday, the next day.
I have not withdrawn on a Saturday so I cannot say for certain what the timeline should be. I think Upwork guidelines say something about a transaction taking up to 5 days in the worst case. You can always reach out to their support to get confirmation of the transfer.

wasiubello:
Please guys i need some clarification on Geegpay, i have been using payoneer to make withdraws from Upwork but their charge is much, so i decided to use Geegpay.

So i link my Geegpay Well Fargo account to upwork, and later make a withdraws of $190 since Saturday, and up till now is haven't see the money.

So my question to those that have used Geegpay on upwork, how long does it usually take less than 5: hours for withdrawal to reflect.

Note, i have been making withdrawal from payoneer to Geegpay, and it will take less than 6 hour's to reflect.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Typically, when I withdraw on Upwork to GeegPay on Friday, it usually drops very early in the morning on Saturday, the next day.
I have not withdrawn on a Saturday so I cannot say for certain what the timeline should be. I think Upwork guidelines say something about a transaction taking up to 5 days in the worst case. You can always reach out to their support to get confirmation of the transfer.

Thank you for this, i will contact them this night
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Babtunz: 8:52am On Feb 22, 2023
wasiubello:

You are right. Your transaction is delayed because you made it on a weekend. US banks typically do not process transactions on weekends so you're very likely to experience some delay.

Since you performed the transaction on Saturday I think it ought to have been delivered by now. You can try reaching out to both GeegPay and Upwork's customer support for help, too.

Also, try and check the GeegPay bank details you added on Upwork to make sure you didn't make any mistakes.

I hope you get your money soon.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Srredkita(m): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2023
We are trusted and reliable vendor on nairaland

Available 24/7 to buy & sell Funds like;

√ PayPal √ Skrill
√ wbz √ Payoneer
√ Usdt √ Neteller
√ Bitcoin √ Perfect Money

Paypal checkout Available
Online payment services
Paypal withdrawal from fiverr , Upwork

We offer you the best rate with less than 20 mins payment after confirmation.

Contact info WhatsApp 0813 0889615
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Srredkita(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2023
wasiubello:

next time make use of Paypal. It's instant
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2023
Upwork to Paypal?
Is this more attractive than GeegPay? Minus being instant.
Srredkita:
next time make use of Paypal. It's instant
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Srredkita(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Upwork to Paypal?
Is this more attractive than GeegPay? Minus being instant.
in terms of rate geepay is better

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2023
Hi bosses, is incorrect date of birth on ID card going to be a problem for Upwork verification?

I want to use my voters card to verify my Upwork account but the Date of Birth on it is incorrect (the day and month is wrong).

I'm worried about DOB clashing with other places I've entered it like the tax section and on my TIN

cc: @pocohantas @Ayomipoe
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 12:06am On Feb 25, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:
Hi bosses, is incorrect date of birth on ID card going to be a problem for Upwork verification?

I want to use my voters card to verify my Upwork account but the Date of Birth on it is incorrect (the day and month is wrong).

I'm worried about DOB clashing with other places I've entered it like the tax section and on my TIN

cc:

I doubt they look that deep. Your face and name is importanter.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:

cc: @pocohantas @Ayomipoe

A friend of mine had similar issues. She verified her account with her Voters Card which has I wrong DOB.

When she got her NIN, she contact upwork support and they told her not to worry, that all they cared about was if it was real or fake.

Therefore contact Upwork Support first
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Soulvein: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2023
Which niche can I work on please? I have a basic knowledge of graphics design and I can type pretty fast without looking at the keyboard. I am open to learning new skills and improving on my current ones.
I have got a verified Upwork account with expiring connect. Where do I go from here please?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 4:46am On Feb 26, 2023
Soulvein:
Which niche can I work on please? I have a basic knowledge of graphics design and I can type pretty fast without looking at the keyboard. I am open to learning new skills and improving on my current ones.
I have got a verified Upwork account with expiring connect. Where do I go from here please?
Work on your graphic designs for a start. Don't get into data entry nonsense you will struggle for jobs. Dedicate six months to learn UI/UX design then start applying for jobs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (106) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.