Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142475 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2023
ArticleBeast:

I have left Fiverr since 5 years ago.

Why boss
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Why boss
It was turning to a slave camp
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
ArticleBeast:

It was turning to a slave camp

Yeah that's true.

So how has upwork been? Still killing it on the platform?

I noticed something strange this week, which is anytime I send proposals, I get a higher profile views and invites (excluding the proposals I send).

I don't know if it's just me, but it's strange.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Yeah that's true.

So how has upwork been? Still killing it on the platform?

I noticed something strange this week, which is anytime I send proposals, I get a higher profile views and invites (excluding the proposals I send).

I don't know if it's just me, but it's strange.
Upwork needs your money. I was able to secure two solid clients who have been paying.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by kabarka(m): 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
Our gurus in the house,in all these discussions,what is the fate of video editing in these platforms.Again,who knows about flaxx.co
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by onmylane: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2023
I'm available to complete your data tasks. You can outsource to me if you have multiple orders.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Tplkenny: 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
I really appreciate everyone for the information on this thread. I registered on Upwork Two weeks ago and landed a job same midnight. The client set a limit of 40hr/ week. I speed up the work and to achieve the first 40hr. The project still ongoing.. I don't know which payment option is the best for me to use right now and how I will go about it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tplkenny:
I really appreciate everyone for the information on this thread. I registered on Upwork Two weeks ago and landed a job same midnight. The client set a limit of 40hr/ week. I speed up the work and to achieve the first 40hr. The project still ongoing.. I don't know which payment option is the best for me to use right now and how I will go about it. Thanks
Open geegpay account. Link the US account on geegpay to ur upwork.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
What does Upwork mean by my connects are expiring?

Is it now by force to make proposals
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Donpre:
What does Upwork mean by my connects are expiring?

Is it now by force to make proposals
Don’t mind them, they have been telling me same thing for 2 years now but my 180 connects never expires.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Arsenalholic(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2023
Please, has anyone tried withdrawing directly to bank accounts this week? My Firstbank is rejecting payment from Upwork...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by LegallyBlunt: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2023
If you have so much writing jobs on your hands, please outsource to me. Thank you.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Tplkenny: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
My earnings is now available for me to withdraw for the first billing week. do I need to inform my client about the payment? Although the project is still ongoing but I have finished with my own part, waiting for the client to send the work back to me before I continue. Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
Codedboy95:
Don’t mind them, they have been telling me same thing for 2 years now but my 180 connects never expires.
Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Upwork is great, the only thing is, you need to Upskill in a niche that makes sense, jobs are now competitive, you can't stick to one skill and hope for the best, you have to research what works for you.

there is no one silver bullet, some people make money just on setting up zoom conferences.

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tplkenny:
My earnings is now available for me to withdraw for the first billing week. do I need to inform my client about the payment? Although the project is still ongoing but I have finished with my own part, waiting for the client to send the work back to me before I continue. Thanks

If it's showing under available, then you can go ahead and withdraw it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mozillafire: 1:20am On Aug 10, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Well, you buy reviews from people selling it

Who are the people selling it?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mozillafire: 2:00am On Aug 10, 2023
CreamyCoffee:

You cannot bypass the verification, simply ask a friend in foreign country to allow you to use his account, and even if he agrees, you will be considering the tax of the country if it is worth the effort
How about the vpn
Does it matter?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by glimpse(f): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Please I am into data entry. I can also work well in email and chat support. Please can someone help me fix my portfolio on Upwork to get my first gig.

I am really begging. I am a teacher and the salary is too small. I need this side hustle.

Thank you

*Modified*
Please if there is any other job asides data entry (this is what I know), that I can learn ( I found out that it is a section that is congested), I will gladly learn.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2023
glimpse:
Please I am into data entry. I can also work well in email and chat support. Please can someone help me fix my portfolio on Upwork to get my first gig.

I am really begging. I am a teacher and the salary is too small. I need this side hustle.

Thank you

Post the link to your Upwork profile.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by CreamyCoffee: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2023
Mozillafire:

How about the vpn
Does it matter?

No
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by glimpse(f): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2023
N2B2:

Post the link to your Upwork profile.

Cc: qtguru
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Wilson300: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2023
glimpse:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016062906e619493fb

Cc: qtguru

Can you do a little job for me I will pay you
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wilson300:

Me sef am paying people to do my work, stress my brother but reach let me set you in the right path is it coding ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by glimpse(f): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wilson300:

What job is it? As long as it is something I can do.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dadrenaline(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
qtguru:

Me sef am paying people to do my work, stress my brother but reach let me set you in the right path is it coding ?

Good afternoon boss.

I got through to the jobberman event link you posted today, and I must acknowledge that the different sessions held were really enlightening.

I waited eagerly for your session, but unfortunately, you weren't given enough time to really explain your slides.

Sir, will it possible to send the slides via mail to me? Please.

Thank you for your insightful posts here on Nairaland. God bless you.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
dadrenaline:

Good afternoon boss.

I got through to the jobberman event link you posted today, and I must acknowledge that the different sessions held were really enlightening.

I waited eagerly for your session, but unfortunately, you weren't given enough time to really explain your slides.

Sir, will it possible to send the slides via mail to me? Please.

Thank you for your insightful posts here on Nairaland. God bless you.
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ggZgcWxlS9WivxYT4X-7-tStHNGMvYxZFj3PEfAqlBc/edit?usp=drivesdk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mannyautos: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2023
Seems Upwork is experiencing decline in jobs..

I have a Nigerian account, UK account and now a US account also... Not seeing as much jobs as I expected....

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2023
Mannyautos:

I have a Nigerian account, UK account and now a US account also... Not seeing as much jobs as I expected....
Upwork is not designed for freelancers to have multiple jobs but to find two or three long term clients?

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by 3RNEST(m): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2023
Mannyautos:

How can I get a USA Account?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
qtguru:
Upwork is great, the only thing is, you need to Upskill in a niche that makes sense, jobs are now competitive, you can't stick to one skill and hope for the best, you have to research what works for you.

there is no one silver bullet, some people make money just on setting up zoom conferences.
I have tried endlessly to get a job as a UI and ux designer, no one hired me, haven't gotten any job since I joined Upwork, I think I have to diversify, which niche do you advice I consider?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Tplkenny:
what's your niche

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (106) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.