Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Your Book Could Be The Answer To Someone’s Prayer – Gabriel O. Udensi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Book Could Be The Answer To Someone’s Prayer – Gabriel O. Udensi (259 Views)

Your Book Could Be The Answer To Someone’s Prayer – Gabriel O. Udensi / Gabriel Okara Dies Four Weeks Before 98th Birthday / How To Make N400,000 Steady Monthly Income With Your Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Book Could Be The Answer To Someone’s Prayer – Gabriel O. Udensi by synw: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
ANCAPS INTERVIEW SERIES

YOUR BOOK COULD BE THE ANSWER TO SOMEONE’S PRAYER – GABRIEL O. UDENSI

Gabriel O. Udensi is the current Abia State Chairman of the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers (ANCAPS), He is a published author of several books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Bambooks and Lulu platforms. In this comprehensive interview with Wole Adedoyin, he shared with him some facts surrounding his Christian writing career.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START CHRISTIAN WRITING?

I realized that there were so much satanic evangelism, via the channels of literature and the media, corrupting the minds of the people especially youths with ungodly concepts, and the so called New age movement, leading them astray. Therefore, I consideredit a personal call and ministry, to counter such diabolic movement, with the sound doctrines of Christ Jesus, through Christian books, to pull down every strongholds, imaginations, ideologies and knowledge, bringing them to the obedience of Christ Jesus.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING?

Since my secondary school days, however, as a published author, l would rather say three years.

WHEN DID YOU START WRITING?

I embraced writing as a noble profession in the year 2014.

HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A CHRISTIAN WRITER?

No, but the agony and suffering in the world as a result of perversions of the godly principles, compelled me to answer my call of destiny as a Christian writer, to serve the world with the bread of life and the living water of the Word, to satisfy their hunger, and quench their taste for sound knowledge.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A NEW CHRISTIAN WRITER, SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT?

When you hear the voice of the Holy Spirit of God, prompting you to write for a specific target audience, harden not your heart; because your book could be the answer to someone’s prayer. Imagine this situation; if Apostle Paul had not obeyed to answer the call of writing, (I always use the word the call, because writing is an office and also a specific ministry), we will be so ignorant of the new creation realties. Therefore, obey, answer the call, and preach the gospel of Christ through the tributaries of literature.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE WRITER’S BLOCK?

I will play some deep spiritual songs, to relax my entire being. And also to access the portal of infinite wisdom, through the only legal door, which is Christ Jesus. In so doing, my thinking faculty will be revitalized, for spontaneous overflow of creative ideas.

HOW MANY CHRISTIAN BOOKS HAVE YOU WRITTEN? WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTIAN BOOK?

I will say four. It’s very difficult to choose the favourite because each one is unique, and was written for different target audience, however, I will go for “Consider Jesus”, because it is a book that incorporated diverse concepts, which includes: science, mathematics,philosophy, commerce, and literature, in expounding the gospel of Christ, with thought provoking illustrations. The book is very unique, in it’s narrative style and it took me ten years, to draft and thoroughly revise it’s manuscript.

WHAT IS THE MOST SURPRISING THING YOU DISCOVERED WHILE WRITING YOUR BOOK(S)?

I always feel a presence, as if someone is standing by my side, whispering some messages, and deep hidden things, especially on my left ear.

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE CHRISTIAN CHARACTER THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN? IF SO, WHO? AND WHAT MAKES THEM SO SPECIAL.

Yeah, her name is Erinma, an orphan, though am yet to publish the manuscript by may/June this year 2021. Her tenacity, and passion to liberate her colleagues at the their work place, is extremely superb. She was initiated into voodoo cult as a teenager, but later in her life,she encountered Christ Jesus through the prayers of herfiancée’s pastor, who conducted a tedious deliverance for her salvation.

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INSPIRATION?

From the Spirit of Truth, the omniscient Holy Spirit of Christ. Also from the book of Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Epistles of Apostle Paul.

WHERE CAN READERS PURCHASE YOUR CHRISTIAN BOOKS?

Through my Amazon author page:
amazon.com/author/gabrieludensi

At Okadabooks:
https://okadabooks.com/user/gabrieludensi
At Collins bookstore:https://collinsbookstore.com/product/consider-jesus/

Paystack:
https:///bookworld

WHERE CAN READERS FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHRISTIAN BOOKS?

Okadabooks:
https://okadabooks.com/user/gabrieludensi
Amazon author page:
amazon.com/author/gabrieludensi

Paystack link:
https:///bookworld

Collins bookstore:
https://collinsbookstore.com/product/consider-jesus/

HAVE ANY OF YOUR CHRISTIAN BOOKS BEEN MADE INTO CHRISTIAN AUDIOBOOKS? IF SO, WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES IN PRODUCING AN AUDIO BOOK?
None have been made into audiobook, still strategizing to do so soonest.

WHICH OF YOUR CHRISTIAN BOOKS WERE THE MOST ENJOYABLE TO WRITE?

All of them. Writing their manuscripts gave me great joy, and a sense of fulfillment.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR FIRST PUBLISHED CHRISTIAN BOOK? WHAT WAS THE JOURNEY LIKE?

Awesome! The title of the book is “ConsiderJesus”. It was indeed an adventure of ten years, of gathering, clustering, prewriting, drafting, organizing, editing, and revising the manuscript prior to publishing it. It was anchored by forty days of fasting, and midnight prayers.

WHAT, IN YOUR OPINION, ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF GOOD WRITING?

The clarity of the message, value, and its simplicity in expounding mysteries, to heighten understanding with respect to the target audience.

WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTIAN AUTHOR OF ALL TIME? YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTIAN BOOK BY THEM?

Oh! Extremely difficult to choose, however, I will endorse E.W. Kenyon. Andmy favorite of his book is: “The Hidden Man.” Moreover, the works of Derek Prince, are excellent read.

ON YOUR LATEST CHRISTIAN BOOK, CAN YOU SHARE WITH US SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOOK?

Still a project at work. It’s about a young teenage girl, who was initiated into a witchcraft coven, by the goddess of a River but was delivered from the shackles of darkness into the light of Christ, after her fiancée’s Pastor, conducted a deliverance that nearly took his(Pastor’s) life.

ARE THERE ANY SECRETS FROM THE BOOK, YOU CAN SHARE WITH YOUR READERS?

Yes, it very paramount that a Christian should always be on guard, by putting on the whole armour of God, in order to be able to ward off the fiery darts of the enemy. The midnight hours are extremely dangerous, and a lot of spiritual transactions takes place in the midnight. Therefore, as a believer, it’s expedient to be spiritually alert, and sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, to escape from the onslaught and hidden snares of the enemy, during the night hours.

WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR THE STORY/BOOK?

The quest for deliverance, liberty, and freedom of lawful captives from the hands of the mighty , and wicked captors. Suffice it to say that, the book of Isaiah 49:24-26, inspired the plot and conflict of the book.

WHAT IS THE KEY THEME AND/OR MESSAGE IN THE BOOK?

The love, mercy, andgrace of Christ, is all encompassing, and doesn’t discriminate. It’s available to all, irrespective of our past failures, sins, and ignorance. Whenever anyone embraces the gospel of Christ, he/she will be justified and made righteous, just as if he/she hadn’t sin at all. Moreover, as a believer, it’s pertinent to be vigilant, watchful and prayerful, especially in this last days of trials and tribulations.

WHAT DO YOU HOPE YOUR READERS TAKE AWAY FROM THIS BOOK?

They will learn spiritual warfare strategies.And understand the nature of the tricks, and evil schemes of the crafty serpent, to be able to discern, and resist them, whenever they comes.

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE TITLE?

“Erinma, the tragedy and triumph of a super woman”; speaks for itself because it narrates the process of transformation of a formal witch, a voodoo princess from the darkness of sin, to the great light of righteousness, through the liberty granted by Christ Jesus.

HAS A CHRISTIAN BOOK EVER CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

Yeah, “TheHiddenMan”, by E.W. Kenyon, impacted me so much, with the imprints of the New Creation Realities.

WHAT GENRES OF CHRISTIAN BOOK DO YOU LOVE?

All genres, provided the gospel of Christ, is being preached with simplicity, and self explanatory illustrations.

ARE THERE ANY GENRES OF CHRISTIAN BOOK YOU DISLIKE?

No.

WHAT CHRISTIAN AUTHOR (WHO IS STILL LIVING) WOULD YOU DEARLY LOVE TO MEET?

Andrew Wommack

DO YOU LIKE TO DISPLAY YOUR BOOKS ON A BOOKSHELF OR KEEP THEM IN A VIRTUAL LIBRARY?

I love both.

DO YOU PREFER FLASH CHRISTIAN FICTION, CHRISTIAN SHORT STORIES, CHRISTIAN NOVELLAS, OR CHRISTIAN NOVELS?

All genres.

WHAT CHRISTIAN BOOK CAN YOU RECOMMEND TO ME?

The Hidden Man by E.W. Kenyon.

WHEN DID YOU LAST VISIT A LIBRARY?

In the year 2019, because the only library we have in Aba is undergoing some renovation and remedial construction works.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CRUSH ON A CHRISTIAN BOOK CHARACTER?

Not yet.

HAS A CHRISTIAN BOOK EVER MADE YOU LAUGH OUT LOUD?

Yeah, my unpublished work, about Erinma. It’s tragi-comedy master piece.

ABOUT GABRIEL O. UDENSI

The author hails from Abia State, from the Bende LGA. He is an apostle of JESUS CHRIST; also an associate Member of the Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB).

He is member of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Abia State Chapter ( currently serving as the Assistant General Secretary), also a member of Aba Book Club, and Aba Poetry Club.

He is an internationally published author of several books, printed by Ukiyoto publishing company, Toronto Canada.

His books such as Consider Jesus, Flashes of Insight and Bible for the Scientists, Mathematicians, Philosophers, Atheists, Gnostics and Christians; are globally distributed on Amazon site and other bookstores. His author page can be accessed via this link:
Amazon.com/author/gabrieludensi

MISSION STATEMENT:

To preach, teach and advance the gospel of JESUS CHRIST to the uttermost parts of the world through the channels of literature, arts, and the media.
© Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed / I Need A Versatile Ebook Writer / I Need Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.