Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. (237 Views)

Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry / Is There A God?6 Compelling Facts That He Exists / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by Bodyodour: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2021
Soo some of you here might know that I'm agnostic (not atheist ). Although it's on my bio some peeps I chat with here are oblivious of that. I became atheist early 2020 after a year + of going through some vague processes. I don't always make controversial posts, cause it always ends in a blood bath ,benefits none of us at the end. Continued to unlearn and relearn even as an atheist and I resolved to agnosticism late 2020 because: being open minded to all possibilities is a actually the best option.

"Absence of proof isn't actually proof of absence", a supreme consciousness(s) MIGHT be or MIGHT have been present or not exist at all, he or she or it just doesn't fit the descriptions ancient and current religions have given to us. God could exist but from the eyes of an atheist or an agnostic, he or she or it doesn't interfere in the activities that go on here. Might have distanced itself from us because we are it's greatest undoing, might be dead(having powers excluding immortality), might be a survivor of an ancient extraterrestrial civilisation. The true God wouldn't care about our tenet because there is no evidence pointing us to his or her direction,wouldn't care about my sexual orientation since I was born into it (most of the theist here don't even know that many animals exhibit homosexual behaviour too) is the devil responsible for that too? But let me not drift.
DON'T ALWAYS HOLD ON TO BELIEFS YOU WERE BORN WITH, TEACH YOURSELF TO UNLEARN AND RELEARN, YOU'LL NEVER REGRET THAT DECISION.

And if you're are a secular person on this space, when you make secular posts ,your goal should be to educate, reason with the other party, don't go around mocking their gods or religion just to rile them ,you're supposed to be the smart person here.

Thank you.

Copied this somewhere
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by heniford2: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2021
am not going to mock you God even sometimes u dey bun 4 me buh you Eeh if ever make me leave naija go better con3 i swear deep down Eeh i go worship u till i die buh Eeh as e be so u allow me dey dis con3 reach next year na mehn na "oyo" you go find who go dey worship u becos me no fit try am again i no dey joke oh if you get angels here 4 earth make dem carry matter reach u oh asin e dey red oh devil go dey small to me oh..
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by enilove(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bodyodour:
Soo some of you here might know that I'm agnostic (not atheist ). Although it's on my bio some peeps I chat with here are oblivious of that. I became atheist early 2020 after a year + of going through some vague processes. I don't always make controversial posts, cause it always ends in a blood bath ,benefits none of us at the end. Continued to unlearn and relearn even as an atheist and I resolved to agnosticism late 2020 because: being open minded to all possibilities is a actually the best option.

"Absence of proof isn't actually proof of absence", a supreme consciousness(s) MIGHT be or MIGHT have been present or not exist at all, he or she or it just doesn't fit the descriptions ancient and current religions have given to us. God could exist but from the eyes of an atheist or an agnostic, he or she or it doesn't interfere in the activities that go on here. Might have distanced itself from us because we are it's greatest undoing, might be dead(having powers excluding immortality), might be a survivor of an ancient extraterrestrial civilisation. The true God wouldn't care about our tenet because there is no evidence pointing us to his or her direction,wouldn't care about my sexual orientation since I was born into it (most of the theist here don't even know that many animals exhibit homosexual behaviour too) is the devil responsible for that too? But let me not drift.
DON'T ALWAYS HOLD ON TO BELIEFS YOU WERE BORN WITH, TEACH YOURSELF TO UNLEARN AND RELEARN, YOU'LL NEVER REGRET THAT DECISION.

And if you're are a secular person on this space, when you make secular posts ,your goal should be to educate, reason with the other party, don't go around mocking their gods or religion just to rile them ,you're supposed to be the smart person here.

Thank you.

Copied this somewhere

Can you feel accomplished or satisfied with unfinished project ?

If you are never satisfied with unfinished project, would you decide to abandon the project or finish it ?

I know you will rather put in all it takes to finish it to get the satisfaction you hoped for when starting the project .

That is exactly the case of this world . God has set a judgement day when He will separate the worthy people from the wicked ones .
Then , the plan of God for the humans and other creatures shall be accomplished .

This is the more reason you have to think property so as not to get condemnation on the judgement day, which is eternal punishment in hell .
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
How will you like to know what God is doing presently in our generation that you're not aware of?
Well God has a plan he doesn't bother if it's just few that grasp it as long as there are Witnesses in all countries of the world who knew his plans and are working along with him to accomplish it God is satisfied.
According to the book the vast population of humans and animals on this planet he created from dust, at one time he destroyed all the life on dry land with the exception of 8 humans and all other creatures in pairs kept in a huge vessel.
So he's prepared to destroy all humans who don't know his plan but not without a warning from the mouth of his WITNESSES! smiley
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bodyodour:

Thank you.

Copied this somewhere

A supreme consciousness can't exist.
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bodyodour:
Soo ...

Do the new phones, clothes and shoes left in your wardrobe ever stop being yours simply because you have left them were you put them?

Or because you have gone to do other things is it valid for your phone, clothes and shoes to say that you have abandoned them?

Think son, creations can never know their Maker beyond what part their Maker has shown them.

Like the phone, clothes and shoes, stay in your set place!
Re: God Might Have Abandoned This World If At All He Exists. by gideonjeta(m): 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
OP, first of all, God exist and he has not abandoned this world. What you are describing is exactly what Psalms 10:1 says about why God has seemingly left the scene. However, have you considered the possibility that our expectations of God could be based on a faulty premise? To illustrate: Imagine a small child who is upset because his father has gone to work. The child misses his father and wishes he would come home. The child feels abandoned. Throughout the day, he repeatedly asks, “Where is Daddy?”

We can readily detect the flaw in that child’s thinking. After all, at that very moment, his father is working to provide for the entire family. Could our thinking be similarly flawed when we cry out, “Where is God”?

For example, some might wish for God to be an executioner whose primary function is to bring swift punishment on the perpetrator of some wrong. Others view God as little more than a celestial Santa Claus, whose role is to bestow gifts​—a job, a spouse, or even a winning lottery ticket.

Both of those views assume that if God does not bring justice immediately or if he does not grant the favor we ask, then he must be insensitive to our suffering and unaware of our needs. Nothing, though, could be further from the truth! The fact is, at this very moment, Jehovah God is working to provide for the entire human family, yet not in a way that many are asking for.

What is God doing, then? To answer that question, we need to look back to the beginning of human history when mankind’s relationship with God was severely damaged​—but not beyond repair.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Now Religiously Bias / Differences Between A Christian And A Believer / Casual Sex And Moral Boundaries by Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.