Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) (753 Views)

Lekkitollgate: My Friends Died Here, Young Girl Cries! / Breaking: Chaos In Obalende As Hoodlums Protest Toll Gate Reopening / Anambra Trains Market & Park Task Force Ahead Of Market Reopening (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Insidenaija: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
An emotional female protester has demanded justice for the lives of friends she claims were lost at the #LekkiTollGate and insists the tollgate be shut, insidenaija reports.

In an interview with Channel television the lady said the government are not allowed to open the tollgate until the lives that are lost on October 20, 2020 are accounted for, adding that are friends died in the tollgate.

Watch the video below:

[URL=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFbI3FabRU ][/url]

It could be recalled that on Tuesday, 20th of October, 2020, Army reportedly open fires on peaceful #Endsars protesters killing sources of them while many were injured.

The state governor Babajide Sanwo blamed the attack on that fateful day on forces beyond his control.

The Army maintained that they were at the tollgate on October 20, 2020 on government request, saying they didn't fire live bullets at the protesters.

Meanwhile, on Saturday February 21, 2021,Youths under the aegis of #OccupyLekkiTollgate and #EndSARS Season 2 have insisted that they would proceed with their protest despite the presence of security operatives at the Lekki toll gate.

The protesters, who spoke to our correspondent on Saturday morning, insisted that they would hold a protest at the Lekki tollgate.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/my-friends-died-here-protester-slams-lekki-toll-gate-reopening-photos-video/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44,
Dominique

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by merieam16(f): 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nawa oo.. Naija which way
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Jostoman: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nigeria government are feeling like a God now but they forgot the end of the people that behave like them in the past, people like ABACHA, CHARSE TAYLOR, LAUREN GBAGBO, and SAMEDO. The youth are not joking with you people at all.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
Lori iro

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by debbydams(f): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
It is well
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by tamdun: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wetin be that ur friend name, abi she/he no get name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by nairalandankrah: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
tamdun:
[s]Wetin be that ur friend name, abi she/he no get name? [/s]
What is your own name

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by RenaissanceGuy: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2021
This protest is not against the Lagos state govt, but the FG, and by extension, a protest for the total division of Nigeria. This current makeup is not working.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Draslo(m): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
tamdun:
Wetin be that ur friend name, abi she/he no get name?
If they check am you're not a Lagos resident. People like you are why Nigeria can never move forward no be curse.

4 Likes

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by christistruth01: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
For the 1000th time can we have their names please?
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by christistruth01: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
For the 1000th time can we have the names of your friends killed at Lekki please?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by tamdun: 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
Draslo:

If they check am you're not a Lagos resident. People like you are why Nigeria can never move forward no be curse.
I dey Lagos as presently, shey u wan come beat mi ni, Werey so because u wan move forward, that's why u dey destroy properties
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by RuddyFusion(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
May their souls continue to rest in peace.....Amen
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by ThatFairGuy1: 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ori yin ti yi.

You should have demanded for vehicular movements restrictions as well

1 Like

Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nigeria wicked sha.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by AroleOduduwa2: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
SuperBold:
Lori iro

Abirun
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:

Abirun

Why can't you abuse me in igbo? you have spent your entire life in yoruba land without stepping in alaigbo and you still hate Yoruba and Tinubu.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Neddstark: 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
This protest is not against the Lagos state govt, but the FG, and by extension, a protest for the total division of Nigeria. This current makeup is not working.

Neither will a division work. Best time a division would have worked would have been the 60s to 80s. Now forget sentiments, nothing gets any better if the country divides.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Neddstark: 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wannabe activists.
At least they are better than the tonnes of cowards who rant on Nairaland.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by Draslo(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
tamdun:

I dey Lagos as presently, shey u wan come beat mi ni, Werey so because u wan move forward, that's why u dey destroy properties
Werey so how tf would they have destroyed properties with that heavy police presence? They were there on their rights backed by constitutional power. Are you telling me Belarus that has been protesting for 8 months, 2 weeks and 5 days no be country? Police dey on site. Dem don dey drag am since worldwide lockdown. Never heard of police or military shooting at anybody.
Re: My Friends Died Here': Protester Slams Lekki Toll Gate Reopening(photos, Video) by RenaissanceGuy: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
Neddstark:

Neither will a division work. Best time a division would have worked would have been the 60s to 80s. Now forget sentiments, nothing gets any better if the country divides.
"The best time to plant a mango tree WAS 25 years ago. The next best time to plant it IS now".

(1) (Reply)

How I Chased Out ISIS, Boko Haram From Kogi – Yahaya Bello / Pic: Fear North! / ISWAP Attacks Troops In Multiple Onslaught In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.