Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines (3466 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hi guys! It's been a long time lurking over here.

Some of you can agree with me that, costs of replacement engines have astronomically risen sharply, from last year, and has continued, even in this new year.

But the common denominator I have realised from almost some car owners, who have got to replace their engines/transmission system's, is that from their market surveys, engines that costs #200,000 naira now, have suddenly gotten to #300,000, while some like the 2gr engines in some Toyota vehicles, are now ABOUT #500, 000.

With the terrible increases in the prices of goods and services, there are viable options to engine replacements, if you can't afford a replacement engine.

Some owners, have parked their vehicles at home, because of the economic nightmares currently ravaving people.

So what is that alternative?

It's simple.

YOU CAN REBUILD WHATEVER SORT OF ENGINE YOUR VEHICLE COMES WITH, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR MECHANIC/FRIENDS, etc tell you.

People would always tell you, "hey don't try it. It won't last! Why not buy another replacement engine"?.

Anyone telling you that, is either a novice, or is a vector that propagates such myth.

Some of the engines we've rebuilt or brought back to life, includes the following but not limited to them:
1. Honda Accords(evil spirit, EODs, ..)
K24, J- series, R40, etc.

2. Toyotas
4runner 2006s(1gr); 2AZ, 2TR, 2ZZ Corollas, 2gr RAV4 V6 and all engine models

3. Nissan/Infinities
Nissan Murano/Pathfinders/FX35/FX45/Nissan Amanda, etc

Thanks for reading, and contributing to this write-up.

You can get more info here too:

https://www.nairaland.com/4058580/all-engines-rebuilt-not-all

Regards,
Joseph
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
Engine removal process

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Engine dismantled, and some components on display.

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2021
@flootinit. Yes, Al engines can be rebuilt.

Any engine can be rebuilt, no matter their engine compositions (aluminum+aluminum; aluminum+cast; or cast +cast ).

Hope this answers your question.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Midoda: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
TRYGO:

Hi guys! It's been a long time lurking over here.

Some of you can agree with me that, costs of replacement engines have astronomically risen sharply, from last year, and has continued, even in this new year.

But the common denominator I have realised from almost some car owners, who have got to replace their engines/transmission system's, is that from their market surveys, engines that costs #200,000 naira now, have suddenly gotten to #300,000, while some like the 2gr engines in some Toyota vehicles, are now ABOUT #500, 000.

With the terrible increases in the prices of goods and services, there are viable options to engine replacements, if you can't afford a replacement engine.

Some owners, have parked their vehicles at home, because of the economic nightmares currently ravaving people.

So what is that alternative?

It's simple.

YOU CAN REBUILD WHATEVER SORT OF ENGINE YOUR VEHICLE COMES WITH, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR MECHANIC/FRIENDS, etc tell you.

People would always tell you, "hey don't try it. It won't last! Why not buy another replacement engine"?.

Anyone telling you that, is either a novice, or is a vector that propagates such myth.

Some of the engines we've rebuilt or brought back to life, includes the following but not limited to them:
1. Honda Accords(evil spirit, EODs, ..)
K24, J- series, R40, etc.

2. Toyotas
4runner 2006s(1gr); 2AZ, 2TR, 2ZZ Corollas, 2gr RAV4 V6 and all engine models

3. Nissan/Infinities
Nissan Murano/Pathfinders/FX35/FX45/Nissan Amanda, etc

Thanks for reading, and contributing to this write-up.

You can get more info here too:

https://www.nairaland.com/4058580/all-engines-rebuilt-not-all

Regards,
Joseph

Simply using the right engine oil weight and recommended coolant will avoid this entirely.But the reprobate mind of most car owners leaves them in this predicament .

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by seanfer(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
TRYGO:
@flootinit. Yes, Al engines can be rebuilt.

Any engine can be rebuilt, no matter their engine compositions (aluminum+aluminum; aluminum+cast; or cast +cast ).

Hope this answers your question.

Good afternoon. What’s the average quotation to rebuild 2az engine Camry 06. And this will take how many days. Also can one change to synthetic oil after rebuild?
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Waxxxy: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Direct from US original
Valvoline 5w30 Advance full synthetic(5Liters) Castro Edge 0w20 Advance full synthetic(5Liters)
And STP Oil filter for Toyota camry and corolla for sale
Order now, limited stock available
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
Waxxxy:
Direct from US original
Valvoline 5w30 Advance full synthetic(5Liters) Castro Edge 0w20 Advance full synthetic(5Liters)
And STP Oil filter for Toyota camry and corolla for sale
Order now, limited stock available
Thank you

Please don't spoil this guy's thread, why don't you start your own thread to sell your oil.

7 Likes

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 12:41am On Feb 15, 2021
@seanfer.
1. For a quote, that depends on the degree or state of your engine.

2. 4cylinders = 1 week; 6/8cylinders 1.5week, with a year's guarantee.

3. Yes you can switch to synthetic, depending on the current mileage on the car, and degree of year and wear.

PS: You can also use your AC system, just in case.
I hear people say it's impossible to use your AC system on a rebuilt engine.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 12:43am On Feb 15, 2021
Midoda. Wrong. I have seen engines I have worked on, that have been religiously maintained, that had engine issues.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Midoda: 7:13am On Feb 15, 2021
TRYGO:
Midoda. Wrong. I have seen engines I have worked on, that have been religiously maintained, that had engine issues.

Hmmn,can you please share the cause of those engine issues because apart from factory defects i don't see how a religiously maintained engine will have issues.

Pls i am open to learning.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by bigx(m): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2021
Midoda:

Hmmn,can you please share the cause of those engine issues because apart from factory defects i don't see how a religiously maintained engine will have issues.

Pls i am open to learning.

Engines are man made with moving parts.

Anything with continuously moving parts would have issues.

Maintenance just makes them last longer

7 Likes

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by homeboy205: 8:54am On Feb 15, 2021
Baba you Na professional oo. Try let them know say no be every mechanic fit rebuild engine oo....

Make dem nor carry this information go meet their mechanic.

I believe your work

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Mayor555(m): 8:58am On Feb 15, 2021
Trygo

I believe you're in Lagos, how do you intend attending to people outside your location?
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2021
@mayor555.
Here are the options:
1. You can waybill the engine down to Lagos for the rebuild, and subsequent returns

2. If you're not THAT FAR FROM LAGOS, you can drive down, or we book an appointment to have it rebuilt at your location.
Please remember this would come with extra charges, working outside LAGOS.

@homeboy. You're right, but I just made a general statement. Alot of people here, have been calling as regards engine rebuilds. I tell them, as long as their mechanics are competent, and can source for parts, no problems.

@bigx. Out got it the basics explanations perfect. One love dude!
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by dicksonadams(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
Are you the one that will rebuild it or you just collect the contract and outsource and supervise. I think ikenna use the last approach too.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2021
dicksonadams. I rebuild myself.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by weyreypey: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
Midoda:

Simply using the right engine oil weight and recommended coolant will avoid this entirely.But the reprobate mind of most car owners leaves them in this predicament .
What's your own with our darling 20W 50 oil? Please go and rebuild your smoking engine quietly

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by weyreypey: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
TRYGO:
dicksonadmams. I rebuild myself.
Show us your workshop.

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 5:40am On Feb 18, 2021
weyreypey:
Show us your workshop.
Ok
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Midoda: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
weyreypey:

What's your own with our darling 20W 50 oil? Please go and rebuild your smoking engine quietly

None of my engine smokes o....Long time baba

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by 3kay945(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
Na Ac Evaporator i wan change but I dey fear the kazeem around me. Make them no go forget to connect wire under the dashboard cool
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by jojomario(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2023
Hello, are you still available in this field?
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by jpride(m): 12:39am On Jan 21, 2023
Why not give us a price range for rebuilding an engine so that we know what to do especially those outside Lagos. Mine is a 2AZ Toyota Corolla Verso, no smoke but shorts oil.

How much will it cost if I bring it to Lagos or if you come to Asaba Delta State? I just need a professional touch
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Conner44: 9:59am On Jan 21, 2023
jpride:
Why not give us a price range for rebuilding an engine so that we know what to do especially those outside Lagos. Mine is a 2AZ Toyota Corolla Verso, no smoke but shorts oil.

How much will it cost if I bring it to Lagos or if you come to Asaba Delta State? I just need a professional touch

Hold N100k - N150k for the rebuild. Remember it’s with original replacement parts only.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Jojomario. Yes, i am still availble in this field.
You got a job for me?

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by dicksonadams(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2023
TRYGO:
Jojomario. Yes, i am still availble in this field.
You got a job for me?

what is the average quote to rebuild a 2007 Honda k24 engine, for example crv and how many year guarantee do you give
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by dicksonadams(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2023
you can give me a range
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by jojomario(m): 3:19am On Jan 22, 2023
Conner44:

Hold N100k - N150k for the rebuild. Remember it’s with original replacement parts only.
where is your location?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda EOD For Sale, 2005 Model / What Nice Car Can I Buy For 800k? / Warning To All Nairalanders: Old Licence And Plates Are Now Expired In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.