Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian Embassy And Police Report - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report (13590 Views)

The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / German Embassy And Visa / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks off reading.

Can anyone (obviously Nigerian) who looking to get some sort of legal status in the UK and applying or perhaps as apply for Nigerian passport please advice on this matter and everyone else please advice.

I was brought to UK by my dad and his wife illegally and I don't have a passport. To cut the long story short I need to apply for my legal status now but I need a passport real quick.

I applied online for passport but got an interview almost 7 months away from now. I went to the Nigerian embassy explained my situation to the embassy staffs. I was told my case is a lost passport and I have to get a police report for lost passport even though I stated several times that I've never had a passport and was brought to UK illegally.

Anyway I went to police station to request a police report and was given I paper and ask the embassy to provide passport number, date of issue, country of issue etc. I'm certain the Nigerian embassy won't provide that even if I've got a passport.

Without this police report I can't get a passport and I can't get my legal status. So please I beg you- what do you reckon I may do to get the passport or police report.

Please make suggestion, any reasonable advice will be appreciated. I need this quick.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by fstranger3(m): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^

Look for OAM4J, he has a copy of the application for the police report in his possession. If you are nice to him, he just might guide you through the process of obtaining the police report. Goodluck

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=266144.msg8039189#msg8039189
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2011
OP your case is quite complicated.

There is no way you'll get a police report anywhere without your passport details.

The explanation that you were brought in without a passport is not tenable, definitely a passport was used, may be an illegal one. The only thing you can plead is that the passport that brought you into the country is lost and you have no copy of it or the information on it.

Pls go back to the embassy and book an appointment with the high commissioner and explain your case to him. He has the power to waive the police report for you and instruct that a new passport be issued to you. Except you wanna go back to Naija to get a new a passport, a risk I guess you dont wanna take. Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by dellnet: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is not complicated, if the UK government is willing to give you status all you have to do is prove your nationality. So what do you need a passport for?
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2011
Thanks guys for the swift response.

I agree that there is no way i'll get a police report anywhere without passport details. But there must be something possible somewhere. And yes you were right a passport was used when I was brought here and I'm certain it wasn't in my name.

I don't think I can just gi there and ask for an appointment with the commissioner because I believe I wouldn't be allowed to enter without a purpose to apply for visa or passport or collecting a passport.

Nevertheless, I'll go there and ask to have an appointment with the commissioner as you've said and I hope all will go to well for me.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2011
@dell_net
Thanks for the reply

I definitely need a passport for the stamp. As we both know there's no way I can return to UK without a passport confirming my status and I don't think they will require me to get a passport if they can give me the status without one.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
Sorry double post- modified
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2011
bluecole2:

Thanks guys for the swift response.

I agree that there is no way i'll get a police report anywhere without passport details. But there must be something possible somewhere. And yes you were right a passport was used when I was brought here and I'm certain it wasn't in my name.

I don't think I can just gi there and ask for an appointment with the commissioner because I believe I wouldn't be allowed to enter without a purpose to apply for visa or passport or collecting a passport.

Nevertheless, I'll go there and ask to have an appointment with the commissioner as you've said and I hope all will go to well for me.

You are a Nigerian, you have every right to see him. Just insist you wanna speak with him or a high ranking officer there. Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Sunofgod(m): 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
Here are a few contingency plans you need to undertake whilst you are waiting.

- impregnate a british or european girl.
- Bleach your skin
- Start saving money
- Act gay (you may have to claim asylum based on your sexuality if you dont impregnate an oyinbo)
- Develop amnesia (You may have to claim you have forgotten where you originated from.

Dont go near any policeman or immigration officer until further notice.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by 190: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
Sun of god:

Here are a few contingency plans you need to undertake whilst you are waiting.

- impregnate a british or european girl.
- Bleach your skin
- Start saving money
- Act gay (you may have to claim asylum based on your sexuality if you dont impregnate an oyinbo)
- Develop amnesia (You may have to claim you have forgotten where you originated from.

Dont go near any policeman or immigration officer until further notice.
shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by nagoma(m): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
You are a criminal , present yourself to the police. We in NL cannot encourage law breaking.
You may serve only 2 years before you are deported to a Nigerian Prison.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Sarahluv(f): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
Since you were taken to the U.K. illegally, (when you were too young to understand what that meant, I believe) going back to the Nigerian Embassy to fully explain the true situation of things is indeed a good idea. Good luck
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by seedord247(m): 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
nagoma:

You are a criminal , present yourself to the police. We in NL cannot encourage law breaking.

why would you say such . . . . . . are you a righteous man?? even your so call name (nagoma) look like a criminal name
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by kunlekunle: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
bluecole,
all u need to do is get someone in naija to process the passport for you and take it to croydon
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by duduspace(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
@bluecole2

Why not just declare statelessness? If the Nigerian embassy is refusing to give you a passport why not obtain some legal advice to ascertain what your options are? You would become a protected person of the crown by virtue of your stateless status.

Based on what you say, yu've never had a Nigerian passport and yu've always lived in the UK after being brought in illegally as a child. If you came in on your parent's passport I think that makes you stateless if yu've been refused one by the Nigerian embassy or if by dint of circumstances outside your control you cannot produce what they've requested.

If you can get a letter from them detailing what they've requested and are able to show that yu're unable to obtain it legally then you have a solid basis to declare statelessness or if you get a legal representative to communicate with the embassy on your behalf so that you have documentary evidence of your efforts at obtaining one.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by adctrl: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
Hello,
Have you got a letter from the Home Office saying they are granting you some kind of stay? If so, I think what you should just need is to take that letter (with other doc required) to the Naija high commision and shouldn't need any police report. Police report for what? This is not a lost case.
As someone above advised, arrange to have a meeting with one of the top staff. I can give names here but I was there some months ago and the place has improved alot even though I am hearing that they are probably messing up again.
Good luck
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Sunofgod(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
Ol' boy - If you still get accent make you no go claim 'statelessness'.

They can trace you back to your village if you have a Nigerian accent.

Also if you have tribal marks - dont try and claim 'statelessness'.

Again they can trace you back to your village from tribal marks.

If you have links that can produce a backdated passport then make use of them

The passport must have been issued over 5 years ago and you have to claim to arrived at least over 5 years ago.

Its still not 100% they will give you stay but it improves the chances.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by duduspace(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Sun of god

Statelessness doesn't mean yu're not from somewhere, it means you are not officially recognized as a citizen by that sovereign state. Why should he have to claim he lost a passport he never had? under oath for that matter?  undecided is that not some kinda perjury?

Even if they trace him to Igbotako, as long as Nigeria doesn't recognize him then the law doesn't allow his deportation cos he also will not be accepted in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Abrantie: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
You've managed all these years in the UK (I'm still amazed at how that's possible) without a very important document called a passport, so what do you need one for now? I predict when you final get one, your real headaches will begin.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by pss: 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
I don't blame some of you for making silly comments.
You case is not the first and there is definitely a way out. I will advice you to obtain one of the guy's number in Nigeria House and liaise with him/her on personal level
You will surely get whatever you want if you push further
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by paris10: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
@All, Its always good to know something before you comment.

Listen @poster, your interview date can be changed by visiting https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/, on the right hand side, you'll see  APPLICATION, click on the Query your Application Payment Status. A new screen appears, select passport from the scroll down, and enter your Application ID and Reference Number. On the next screen, click on Reschedule my Interview date, this will automatically reschedule your interview date to about 3 to 4 months earlier (that is if your interview date is that long).

Regarding the Police Report, Its 5 UK Wazo (if you get the coding). Same day service, no yawa. Get it before you pay.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Ultrame(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
nagoma:

You are an animal, present yourself to the zoo. We in NL cannot encourage stray animals.
You may serve only 2 years before you are deported to a Nigerian zoo.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by 25omega(m): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
anyone has an old naija pali from the 80's maybe they can supply the poster with the number on it
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by paris10: 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
paris10:

Listen @poster, your interview date can be changed by visiting https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/, on the right hand side, you'll see  APPLICATION, click on the Query your Application Payment Status. A new screen appears, select passport from the scroll down, and enter your Application ID and Reference Number. On the next screen, click on Reschedule my Interview date, this will automatically reschedule your interview date to about 3 to 4 months earlier (that is if your interview date is that long).

Regarding the Police Report, Its 5 UK Wazo (if you get the coding). Same day service, no yawa. Get it before you pay.

Whats the point of using someone else's old passport when you can get yours. Read the above on how to go about it.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by sandokaa: 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
Tell us your real Naija name, then, we will consult your ancestors to know the way out. But be warned, ancestors will get angry if you bear one yeye englishname like Stone, Grey, Rice, Crotch!
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by samix(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
bluecole2:

@dell_net
Thanks for the reply

I definitely need a passport for the stamp. As we both know there's no way I can return to UK without a passport confirming my status and I don't think they will require me to get a passport if they can give me the status without one.

i don't think u need a passport for the stamp, you will only need the visa in ur passport if you want to travel outside the country, seen it before
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
samix:

i don't think u need a passport for the stamp, you will only need the visa in your passport if you want to travel outside the country, seen it before

A visa on which passport?
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
paris10:

I am not very comfortable with this. But you didn't leave OP with any contact in case he wanna consider the option.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
kunlekunle:

bluecole,
all u need to do is get someone in naija to process the passport for you and take it to croydon

Am not sure you are familiar with the process of getting a new passport in Naija. It's almost impossible for someone to get it for you.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by nagoma(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Its amazing how far people can go in defence of illegality [b]Seedord247 feels that I am acriminal for saying it plain language. Ultrame says I am an animal[/b]. But the truth remains unchanged.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by dancewith: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
duduspace:

@bluecole2

Why not just declare statelessness? If the Nigerian embassy is refusing to give you a passport why not obtain some legal advice to ascertain what your options are? You would become a protected person of the crown by virtue of your stateless status.

Based on what you say, yu've never had a Nigerian passport and yu've always lived in the UK after being brought in illegally as a child. If you came in on your parent's passport I think that makes you stateless if yu've been refused one by the Nigerian embassy or if by dint of circumstances outside your control you cannot produce what they've requested.

If you can get a letter from them detailing what they've requested and are able to show that yu're unable to obtain it legally then you have a solid basis to declare statelessness or if you get a legal representative to communicate with the embassy on your behalf so that you have documentary evidence of your efforts at obtaining one.

I agree. If you came into the country quite young and you cannot now prove your ties to Nigeria after having been in the UK for so long, it is unimaginable any country would wish to deport you. You have a valid case for statelessness as stated above.

But you need to have these checklist

You must have been in that country since childhood
Your original country does not consider you their citizen (this is quite common with Chinese born abroad)
You can prove your residence in the UK since childhood

Best of luck
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by samix(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
OAM4J:

A visa on which passport?

d passport the OP manages to get

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22 Escape Death In Lagos-Ibadan Highway Crash / Seven Die, Two Injured In Bauchi Road Accident (Photos) / HOW DO YOU LICK A MAN'S PRIVATE PART

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.