Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner (19204 Views)

Church Youths And Premarital Sex. / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2021

Keep your money bro! ain't proving anything to u my dear
Nice!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
africandollar:

OP, would you kindly stop all these 'balderdash'? Who told you God is after your virginity? Does your virginity guarantee your success or spirituality after giving your life to Christ? You're just like those early Jewish Christians who believed that observing the Law, including being circumcised, would make you a better Christian! My friend, God is after your soul and not your flesh! When a man is in Christ he is a new creature...even your virginity from a spiritual point of view.

In human terms which sin is greater between fornication and murder-by-proxy? Yet Saul who was a murderer-by-proxy became the greatest apostle God ever used!

Quit condemning yourself for things you did when you didn't know Christ for there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. This clearly is a stronghold of the devil on your mind, reject it and receive healing and deliverance in Jesus name. Amen.
Not surprised! It's the same moniker who lacks knowledge of the Truth that God is a respecter of righteousness and the righteous!

Feel free to continue in your works of iniquity in the name of ignorance that works of righteousness doesn't matter to God, don't repent, and when Jesus tells you to depart from Him because of that, then your eyes would clear.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
Since when Bro? Anyway thanks but, no thanks! There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit (Rom 8:1). I see the spirit in you likes to condemn people rather than admonish them thus it would be wise to really check if that spirit is from God.

jesusjnr2020:
Not surprised! It's the same moniker who lacks knowledge of the Truth that God is a respecter of righteousness and the righteous!

For there is no respect of persons with God (Rom 2:11) how much more a man whose righteousness are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6)

jesusjnr2020:
Feel free to continue in your works of iniquity in the name of ignorance that works of righteousness doesn't matter to God, don't repent, and when Jesus tells you to depart from Him because of that, then your eyes would clear.

Again, let me teach you jesusjnr2020 that as long as you are not 'born-again' ALL your righteousness (including remaining a virgin) are nothing but FILTHY RAGS before Him.

This write up does nothing else than condemn those who didn't give their lives to Christ as virgins and would keep making them think that they are not worthy of God's blessings and that my friend is a message from the pit of hell because the Devil only seeks to condemn unlike a Christlike message that admonishes and justifies. What do you then want those who got disvirgined before knowing Christ to do? go back into their mother to be born again? Nah! Why? Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Cor 5:17)...including your virginity!

I am not saying that they should continue in sin, that grace may abound? (Rom 6:1) but rather they should produce fruit, then, in keeping with repentance ( Matt 3:8 ) by building on the foundation of Christ's righteousness.

Read your Bible and quit adhering to a mental image of self-righteousness (John 5:39)
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2021
africandollar:
Since when Bro? Anyway thanks but, no thanks! There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit (Rom 8:1). I see the spirit in you likes to condemn people rather than admonish them thus it would be wise to really check if that spirit is from God.

For there is no respect of persons with God (Rom 2:11) how much more a man whose righteousness are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6)

Again, let me teach you jesusjnr2020 that as long as you are not 'born-again' ALL your righteousness (including remaining a virgin) are nothing but FILTHY RAGS before Him.

This write up does nothing else than condemn those who didn't give their lives to Christ as virgins and would keep making them think that they are not worthy of God's blessings and that my friend is a message from the pit of hell because the Devil only seeks to condemn unlike a Christlike message that admonishes and justifies. What do you then want those who got disvirgined before knowing Christ to do? go back into their mother to be born again? Nah! Why? Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Cor 5:17)...including your virginity!

I am not saying that they should continue in sin, that grace may abound? (Rom 6:1) but rather they should produce fruit, then, in keeping with repentance ( Matt 3:8 ) by building on the foundation of Christ's righteousness.

Read your Bible and quit adhering to a mental image of self-righteousness (John 5:39)

If you don't know that God is a respecter and lover of righteousness then you don't know God at all. Maybe it's the devil you know because the devil is the hater of righteousness because he loves evil which is what God hates!

Here's biblical proof of that!

Genesis 4:4 (KJV)

And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

So can you now see how ignorant you are of God and His ways?

So the answer to your question "since when", is since the beginning!

* God respected the first righteous man on Earth called Abel and his offering of righteousness, because God is a respecter of the righteous and his righteousness.

* That's the same way God respected the righteous Noah. His righteousness was the reason God gave for saving him and his family, and destroying the Earth. Gen 6:9, 7:1.

* God respected righteous Job and his righteousness, that's why He was proud to showcase him and his righteousness to the devil. Job 1:8

* God respects the righteous, that's why He told Abraham He would have spared the whole of Sodom and Gomorrah because of just ten righteous men. Gen 18:32

* God respects righteous men, that's why blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness... Matthew 5:6

* God respects righteous men, that's why blessed are those which are persecuted for righteousness sake, and theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10

* God respects the righteous that why He would tell the righteous at the end of the world to come and inherit the kingdom of the Father prepared for them from the foundations of the world. Matthew 24:34, 37.

These and many more instances in the bible prove that God is a respecter of the righteous and righteousness, hence if man's righteousness is indeed like "filthy rags" before God, that means that God is a respecter of "filthy rags"!

It's because God is a respecter of righteousness that's why He rejected Cain and his offering, destroyed all the wicked in the Earth with the flood during the days of Noah, destroyed the wicked in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, and would turn back the anointed workers of iniquity on the last day!

It's obvious why you chose to be blind to all these instances in the Bible that prove that God was a respecter of the righteous and acts of righteousness in the Bible, but could only see those which demean the value of righteousness as those passages of Paul's teachings you quoted.

I feel for Paul because of how his teachings have given the workers of iniquity as yourself the justification to continue in your sinful ways, and made sin to abound, because if he had the benefit of hindsight, i believe he wouldn't have given the likes of you that excuse!

It's such sayings which demean righteousness that warrants the need for "shall we continue in sin that grace may abound"? If righteousness is not demeaned, there would be no need for such that's why Jesus didn't need to say that because He didn't demean righteousness but emphasized it to a fault!

Lastly, the idea of self-righteousness is man-made and doesn't exist in God's dictionary, as it's either you're righteous or you're not! The Pharisees weren't righteous because people that Jesus called children of the devil and hypocrites couldn't be righteous, so saying they were self-righteous is unfounded, because even they themselves knew they were evil!

Jesus said those whose ways are evil hate to come to the light that their evil deeds are not exposed, so I understand why these Truths make you feel so uncomfortable. Your ways are clearly evil!

You may call that being judgmental but I would call it speaking the Truth, and it's only the Truth that can set you free!

God bless.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If you don't know that God is a respecter and lover of righteousness then you don't know God at all. Maybe it's the devil you know because the devil is the hater of righteousness because he loves evil which is what God hates!

Here's biblical proof of that!

Genesis 4:4 (KJV)

And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

So can you now see how ignorant you are of God and His ways?

So the answer to your question "since when", is since the beginning!

* God respected the first righteous man on Earth called Abel and his offering of righteousness, because God is a respecter of the righteous and his righteousness.

* That's the same way God respected the righteous Noah. His righteousness was the reason God gave for saving him and his family, and destroying the Earth. Gen 6:9, 7:1.

* God respected righteous Job and his righteousness, that's why He was proud to showcase him and his righteousness to the devil. Job 1:8

* God respects the righteous, that's why He told Abraham He would have spared the whole of Sodom and Gomorrah because of just ten righteous men. Gen 18:32

* God respects righteous men, that's why blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness... Matthew 5:6

* God respects righteous men, that's why blessed are those which are persecuted for righteousness sake, and theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10

* God respects the righteous that why He would tell the righteous at the end of the world to come and inherit the kingdom of the Father prepared for them from the foundations of the world. Matthew 24:34, 37.

These and many more instances in the bible prove that God is a respecter of the righteous and righteousness, hence if man's righteousness is indeed like "filthy rags" before God, that means that God is a respecter of "filthy rags"!

It's because God is a respecter of righteousness that's why He rejected Cain and his offering, destroyed all the wicked in the Earth with the flood during the days of Noah, destroyed the wicked in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, and would turn back the anointed workers of iniquity on the last day!

It's obvious why you chose to be blind to all these instances in the Bible that prove that God was a respecter of the righteous and acts of righteousness in the Bible, but could only see those which demean the value of righteousness as those passages of Paul's teachings you quoted.

I feel for Paul because of how his teachings have given the workers of iniquity as yourself the justification to continue in your sinful ways, and made sin to abound, because if he had the benefit of hindsight, i believe he wouldn't have given the likes of you that excuse!

It's such sayings which demean righteousness that warrants the need for "shall we continue in sin that grace may abound"? If righteousness is not demeaned, there would be no need for such that's why Jesus didn't need to say that because He didn't demean righteousness but emphasized it to a fault!

Lastly, the idea of self-righteousness is man-made and doesn't exist in God's dictionary, as it's either you're righteous or you're not! The Pharisees weren't righteous because people that Jesus called children of the devil and hypocrites couldn't be righteous, so saying they were self-righteous is unfounded, because even they themselves knew they were evil!

Jesus said those whose ways are evil hate to come to the light that their evil deeds are not exposed, so I understand why these Truths make you feel so uncomfortable. Your ways are clearly evil!

You may call that being judgmental but I would call it speaking the Truth, and it's only the Truth that can set you free!

God bless.

So much write up that still reeks of so much ignorance! Answer me this, all those people you quoted existed well before Jesus Christ right? So if their righteousness was enough why then would Jesus have to die for the sins of the world?

Baba you’re no longer living in the times before Jesus’s death and resurrection but if you were and tried all your best then for sure God would have managed your ‘filthy-ragged’ righteousness since the ultimate righteousness was not available at that time through Jesus.

Again, maybe you’re finding it hard to comprehend my replies, you were talking about unbelievers not giving in to fornication even when the person hadn’t known Christ rather than straight away asking them to give their lives to Christ!

Why would you want to sell me a 80’s Volkswagen when in these times I can as well own a Tesla?

Why would you be forcing a tree to bring forth fruit when it hasn’t been planted with it’s roots in the best of soil?

You, my friend, are placing the Law over the Holy blood of Christ which you’re now considering a common thing!

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Jude 1:28-29

The above shows without any question which is greater, righteousness by Grace and not righteousness by the Law.

Stop putting the cart before the horse for if unbelievers get rooted in Christ first then they would produce works of righteousness that not only please God but would save their souls on the last day. Or would your desisting from fornication save you on the judgment day without you accepting the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

Please let’s stop majoring on the minor and have respect for the Son of God and his sacrifice for us. Selah!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
africandollar:

So much write up that still reeks of so much ignorance! Answer me this, all those people you quoted existed well before Jesus Christ right? So if their righteousness was enough why then would Jesus have to die for the sins of the world?

Baba you’re no longer living in the times before Jesus’s death and resurrection but if you were and tried all your best then for sure God would have managed your ‘filthy-ragged’ righteousness since the ultimate righteousness was not available at that time through Jesus.

Again, maybe you’re finding it hard to comprehend my replies, you were talking about unbelievers not giving in to fornication even when the person hadn’t known Christ rather than straight away asking them to give their lives to Christ!

Why would you want to sell me a 80’s Volkswagen when in these times I can as well own a Tesla?

Why would you be forcing a tree to bring forth fruit when it hasn’t been planted with it’s roots in the best of soil?

You, my friend, are placing the Law over the Holy blood of Christ which you’re now considering a common thing!

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Jude 1:28-29

The above shows without any question which is greater, righteousness by Grace and not righteousness by the Law.

Stop putting the cart before the horse for if unbelievers get rooted in Christ first then they would produce works of righteousness that not only please God but would save their souls on the last day. Or would your desisting from fornication save you on the judgment day without you accepting the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

Please let’s stop majoring on the minor and have respect for the Son of God and his sacrifice for us. Selah!
How did you expect to be able to acknowledge true knowledge when you're yet spiritually blind and ignorant of the Truth?

At least I showed you where it was clearly stated that God had respect for the righteous and righteousness alongside many others both in the old and new testament which illustrated that Truth to prove your ignorance beyond the shadow of any doubt.

That was the way of God before Jesus came, as He rewarded the righteous then for their righteousness, for instance Noah and his family was saved from the flood because of his righteousness! Not me, God said it! After the coming of Jesus, it still remained that way as Jesus continued in sync with God's ways emphasizing how the righteous would be rewarded for their acts of righteousness!

God sent Jesus to add eternal life to the previous rewards of man's righteousness, hence man's righteousness is still necessary if man wants to get that upgraded reward from God.

But feel free to continue in your works of iniquity if you choose to and don't repent or have righteousness with you, let's see at the end how a worker of iniquity would make it into the kingdom of God.

Moreover the greatest disrespect anyone could give all the efforts and sufferings of Jesus, is to continue to work iniquity regardless, that's why all workers of iniquity would be thrown out by Him at the end.

That's it from me with this blind argument.

I move!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 1:33am On Mar 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
How did you expect to be able to acknowledge true knowledge when you're yet spiritually blind and ignorant of the Truth?

At least I showed you where it was clearly stated that God had respect for the righteous and righteousness alongside many others both in the old and new testament which illustrated that Truth to prove your ignorance beyond the shadow of any doubt.

That was the way of God before Jesus came, as He rewarded the righteous then for their righteousness, for instance Noah and his family was saved from the flood because of his righteousness! Not me, God said it! After the coming of Jesus, it still remained that way as Jesus continued in sync with God's ways emphasizing how the righteous would be rewarded for their acts of righteousness!

God sent Jesus to add eternal life to the previous rewards of man's righteousness, hence man's righteousness is still necessary if man wants to get that upgraded reward from God.

But feel free to continue in your works of iniquity if you choose to and don't repent or have righteousness with you, let's see at the end how a worker of iniquity would make it into the kingdom of God.

Moreover the greatest disrespect anyone could give all the efforts and sufferings of Jesus, is to continue to work iniquity regardless, that's why all workers of iniquity would be thrown out by Him at the end.

That's it from me with this blind argument.

I move!

Well, move all you want it still won’t change the truth written in the Scriptures which is the infallible Word of God.

You keep saying I should continue in my iniquity although you know nothing about my lifestyle which makes you no different from the Pharisee who came to the temple praising his own works before God not knowing that even the contrite sinner was more justified before God than him!

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted - Luke 18:11-14

Again, how can you say Jesus came to add eternal life? Jesus himself is the foundation and the fulfillment of everything that ever happened in the Bible!

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect - Hebrews 11:39-40

And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. - Luke 24:27

This goes to show you don’t even understand the true Gospel and likely have been preached a diluted version! I find this insulting to the person of Jesus himself

You telling a sinner to stop fornicating while making light of the salvation of his soul is like making someone study hard to achieve a first-class in a prestigious University only later for it to be found out that he forged his WAEC/NECO certificate! He would be banned immediately and it wouldn’t matter if he made a 5.0 CGPA!

Yes, righteousness is required before God but it must be based on the foundation of Christ’s righteousness. You truly do not understand this for if you did you would NEVER have written the write-up you did!

If you yourself like you said couldn’t start living a righteous life until you gave your life to Christ why do you think a sinner too would be able to withstand fornication without first receiving power over sin through the Holy Spirit?! Are you that selfish and don’t want anyone else to make heaven that you would rather preach self-righteousness to a sinner rather than the true Gospel of Christ?

I leave you with this final words of our Lord and Saviour...

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned - John 15:5-6

Now you can move Bro!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2021
okunwaye:
Thanks op for this beautiful piece of encouragement.And to those going up and down trying to counter this thread, a sin is something in which you can never beautify. That is because after all the meaning you try to give to it, it will still remain a sin and premarital sex is sin.
God bless you bro. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Seeker2014:
I married as a virgin as a bachelor at the age of 36. It wasn't easy but it was possible. Like the OP, God actually prevented me from going all the way even if I wanted to.
This is really inspiring. You're a rarity in such a decadent society. Thanks for sharing.

God bless.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2021
McLizbae:

On the contrary, one of Nigeria's biggest fall is the insurgent of miserable perverts like you.
I wish you are right by saying "na my kind full Nigeria", coz if there is any truth in that Nigeria will be way finer than this hell-pit you and your fellow loose clan have made of it.

Sadly you now have the internet to propagate your damnation. Where is hope cry cry cry !?

How did you even get to this pathetic and sodomitic point where:
*you believe virginity was any part of the failures or mistakes of those parents?
*you think virginity is not worth a reasonable or meaningful discuss in a society so loose?

You mean you will train a kid with this mentality? God forbid!
Nice one! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2021
Vizconson:
Virgin people are more likely to have a successful marriage than non-virgins. Little wonder there are so many divorce and unhappy marriages in this day and age.
So sorry I forgot to appreciate your contributions here... I believe you were God-sent.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
africandollar:

OP, would you kindly stop all these 'balderdash'? Who told you God is after your virginity? Does your virginity guarantee your success or spirituality after giving your life to Christ? You're just like those early Jewish Christians who believed that observing the Law, including being circumcised, would make you a better Christian! My friend, God is after your soul and not your flesh! When a man is in Christ he is a new creature...even your virginity from a spiritual point of view.

In human terms which sin is greater between fornication and murder-by-proxy? Yet Saul who was a murderer-by-proxy became the greatest apostle God ever used!

Quit condemning yourself for things you did when you didn't know Christ for there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. This clearly is a stronghold of the devil on your mind, reject it and receive healing and deliverance in Jesus name. Amen.
What u don't regret, you will likely repeat.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
africandollar:

Well, move all you want it still won’t change the truth written in the Scriptures which is the infallible Word of God.

You keep saying I should continue in my iniquity although you know nothing about my lifestyle which makes you no different from the Pharisee who came to the temple praising his own works before God not knowing that even the contrite sinner was more justified before God than him!

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted - Luke 18:11-14
What will u say about David, who, in various instances, told God how righteous he is and how evil his enemies are? Is David being self-righteous? Also, what about Job, Nehemiah.
If the pharisee was really righteous, Jesus would have accepted his prayer. But we all know that it is same pharisees that planned and killed Jesus. The pharisee Jesus cited might even be among the planners!

You telling a sinner to stop fornicating while making light of the salvation of his soul is like making someone study hard to achieve a first-class in a prestigious University only later for it to be found out that he forged his WAEC/NECO certificate! He would be banned immediately and it wouldn’t matter if he made a 5.0 CGPA!

Yes, righteousness is required before God but it must be based on the foundation of Christ’s righteousness. You truly do not understand this for if you did you would NEVER have written the write-up you did!

If you yourself like you said couldn’t start living a righteous life until you gave your life to Christ why do you think a sinner too would be able to withstand fornication without first receiving power over sin through the Holy Spirit?! Are you that selfish and don’t want anyone else to make heaven that you would rather preach self-righteousness to a sinner rather than the true Gospel of Christ?

I don't see anything wrong with what he wrote. Facts is, those who have not been mapped out by God for salvation will not be saved. Preach heaven and hell they won't accept Christ. But at least, there is sth we can still do. We can limit the sin they commit and reduce the damage they would have done. Thus, making the world a better place. Aren't we the salt of the earth again? You can't just convert everyone to Christianity, but we shud try and if u check his other threads, he is trying. Don't judge him base on this thread alone

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
africandollar:

U wouldn't have made this post if u had seen this part of his writeup:
"It's a regret that is going to be useful to keep me on my toes, since I couldn't give that to God, it's going to serve as a motivation to ensure that God loses nothing else in my life. It makes me feel indebted to God and to do everything I could to make it up to Him, so that even if I couldn't use it to glorify God, I would do everything I could, God helping me, to ensure I do my part to help as many as possible that would have given their virginity to the devil to use it to glorify God."
This will rather encourage those who didn't give their lives to Christ as virgins.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
FarmTech:

What u don't regret, you will likely repeat.

The fact that you gave your life to Christ means you regretted your sins and have now accepted his gift of salvation, continual regret would do nothing but heap condemnation on your soul. How would you as a human feel if someone who wronged you in the past but you've completely forgiven keeps coming back to you remorseful and asking again for forgiveness over and over? You definitely cannot take your relationship with that person to the next level. Take a cue from Paul who said in Acts 23:1 that 'I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.' this is coming from someone who was a chief persecutor of Christians!

Heb 6:1-3: Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And this we will do, if God permits
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
FarmTech:

What will u say about David, who, in various instances, told God how righteous he is and how evil his enemies are? Is David being self-righteous? Also, what about Job, Nehemiah.
If the pharisee was really righteous, Jesus would have accepted his prayer. But we all know that it is same pharisees that planned and killed Jesus. The pharisee Jesus cited might even be among the planners!

I don't see anything wrong with what he wrote. Facts is, those who have not been mapped out by God for salvation will not be saved. Preach heaven and hell they won't accept Christ. But at least, there is sth we can still do. We can limit the sin they commit and reduce the damage they would have done. Thus, making the world a better place. Aren't we the salt of the earth again? You can't just convert everyone to Christianity, but we shud try and if u check his other threads, he is trying. Don't judge him base on this thread alone

10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed,a ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I acquire.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Jesus would not have accepted his prayers based on the emboldened except you want to correct Jesus?

1st highlight: Pray tell me where you saw that written in the Scriptures? That some people have already been mapped out not to be saved?! Did Jesus then die for the sins of some people in the world and not all people. John 3:16 says 'whosoever' so where are you getting this your theory from? Yes not everyone would be saved but I find it heartless to say that some specific people have already been predestined for destruction like if they have no choice in the matter! How would you feel if I told you that your own child is among those predestined not to be saved and to go to hell?! I bet you wouldn't like that and as a typical Nigerian Christian you would be rejecting it in Jesus name right? Please let's be careful about spreading unfounded ideas that are fables rather than Scripture.

2nd highlight: So if they would not accept Jesus what makes you think that they would then choose not to commit sin? The part of the bible that mentions about us being the light of the world and salt of the earth admonishes us to let our light so shine that men may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven, the way you salt the earth is by your own good works. Remember, this virginity you are both clamoring for is in a fallen body that would be done away with at the Resurrection, so tell me of what use your virginity would then be when you have a new glorious body? You see why this is more of majoring on the minor?

Rom 10:14 How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach?

1 Cor 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
africandollar:

The fact that you gave your life to Christ means you regretted your sins and have now accepted his gift of salvation, continual regret would do nothing but heap condemnation on your soul. How would you as a human feel if someone who wronged you in the past but you've completely forgiven keeps coming back to you remorseful and asking again for forgiveness over and over? You definitely cannot take your relationship with that person to the next level. Take a cue from Paul who said in Acts 23:1 that 'I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.' this is coming from someone who was a chief persecutor of Christians!

Heb 6:1-3: Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And this we will do, if God permits
I'm talking about healthy regret, not unhealthy one. I'm not saying that the op will keep going back to ask God for forgiveness. He has already been forgiven. His regret for his past action is now propelling him to warn others not to repeat his mistake. What is wrong with that? I repeat: What u don't regret, u will likely repeat!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
africandollar:

10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed,a ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I acquire.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Jesus would not have accepted his prayers based on the emboldened except you want to correct Jesus?
David had said prayers u will consider worse that that of this pharisee. Did God rejected him? I repeat: If the Pharisee was really righteous, Jesus would have justified him. If the sinner had continued in his sin, Jesus would have humbled him instead.
The world is full today with Christians that will ask God for forgiveness, while knowing fully well that they will jump into sin at the slightest opportunity. I will not encourage them.

1st highlight: Pray tell me where you saw that written in the Scriptures? That some people have already been mapped out not to be saved?! Did Jesus then die for the sins of some people in the world and not all people. John 3:16 says 'whosoever' so where are you getting this your theory from? Yes not everyone would be saved but I find it heartless to say that some specific people have already been predestined for destruction like if they have no choice in the matter! How would you feel if I told you that your own child is among those predestined not to be saved and to go to hell?! I bet you wouldn't like that and as a typical Nigerian Christian you would be rejecting it in Jesus name right? Please let's be careful about spreading unfounded ideas that are fables rather than Scripture.
The bible talks about predestination. Let me make myself clearer: God from the beginning, already knows those that will perish and those that will be saved. And in revelation, we see that many ended up in hell. Those are the people that will never accept Christ no matter what u preach.

2nd highlight: So if they would not accept Jesus what makes you think that they would then choose not to commit sin? The part of the bible that mentions about us being the light of the world and salt of the earth admonishes us to let our light so shine that men may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven, the way you salt the earth is by your own good works. Remember, this virginity you are both clamoring for is in a fallen body that would be done away with at the Resurrection, so tell me of what use your virginity would then be when you have a new glorious body? You see why this is more of majoring on the minor?
There are many people who are not Christians that have good and exceptional character. Do u agree? Non Christians can abstain from sex, drugs, murder, etc. And when they do this, the world will be a better place. I'm not saying we shud focus on "dont's" and ignore preaching Christ. Both shud go hand-in-hand. Don't talk as if virginity and other sins are unimportant. The purpose of preaching Christ is for Men to abandon their sinful ways and follow Christ.
Preaching about Christ and sin in combo is good works. But I see many pastors preaching Christ and ignoring preaching against sin.

1 Cor 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

What were u trying to imply with this vs?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
FarmTech:

David had said prayers u will consider worse that that of this pharisee. Did God rejected him? I repeat: If the Pharisee was really righteous, Jesus would have justified him. If the sinner had continued in his sin, Jesus would have humbled him instead.
The world is full today with Christians that will ask God for forgiveness, while knowing fully well that they will jump into sin at the slightest opportunity. I will not encourage them

Kindly show me in the Bible where David prayed a prayer that was worse than that which the Pharisee prayed I pray thee, previously you wrote that David prayed against his enemies so how does the publican equate to his enemy? If the type of prayers had no relevance then Jesus would not have dedicated verses of the Scripture to it. I don't understand why you would not encourage someone to ask for forgiveness, if that is the level their faith is then I would encourage them to do so until they come to a better understanding of their righteousness in Christ, someone who asks for forgiveness at that moment has had his/her conscience pricked and that is a good sign that they are on the right path. Or would you rather have them continue sinning without any remorse?

FarmTech:

The bible talks about predestination. Let me make myself clearer: God from the beginning, already knows those that will perish and those that will be saved. And in revelation, we see that many ended up in hell. Those are the people that will never accept Christ no matter what u preach.

Yes the Bible talks about predestination but that is also subject to the choice the predestined makes. Did God know that Adam and Eve would sin? If yes then does that means they had no choice in the matter? If I have been predestined to make heaven why don't I go on and live my life with the motive of 'Que sera,sera' while I drink and fornicate and commit all sorts of sins knowing that I would still be saved and make heaven likely at the point of death? You see where this fable becomes faulty? If God already 'knows' where I would end up does it now mean I am not the one making my choice seeing it has already been made by a previous version of me? If He already 'knows' where I would end up why does he now ask me to make a choice? Deut 30:19

FarmTech:

There are many people who are not Christians that have good and exceptional character. Do u agree? Non Christians can abstain from sex, drugs, murder, etc. And when they do this, the world will be a better place. I'm not saying we shud focus on "dont's" and ignore preaching Christ. Both should go hand-in-hand. Don't talk as if virginity and other sins are unimportant. The purpose of preaching Christ is for Men to abandon their sinful ways and follow Christ.
Preaching about Christ and sin in combo is good works. But I see many pastors preaching Christ and ignoring preaching against sin

Yes I agree with you that some unbelievers live more morally upright lives but you would also agree that that is the exception and not the norm right? You were sent to preach the gospel of Christ and not to be another Mahatma Ghandi. Preaching about Christ is the core message of the gospel and accepting him would move unbelievers to the path of good works- which in summary also is believing in Christ. Naturally you would expect an apple tree to produce apples but it's going to be a tall order if you expect a palm tree to produce apples. Why? Because it is not in it's nature to do that! Change the nature first and the fruits should follow. Unfortunately the message of Christ has been dumbed down to good works and that is why the Church is full of hypocrisy today.

The verse I quoted answers your question perfectly. 1 Cor 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. You see there lies the problem, after all the preaching and admonishing on good works you find out that even those deacons and choir members commit 'worse' sins than the lay members or even unbelievers like you admitted. If they could be changed by the teachings of doing good they would have since been changed but what is the purpose of cutting off the branches (works of the flesh) of a tree when the roots (sinful nature) are still firmly planted to the ground. Paul said he would not preach any other thing to this church than for them to focus on Christ and him crucified because this is where our salvation including victory over sin comes from. You can keep looking to yourself all you want but you would still continue to be defeated by sin until you choose to focus on Jesus and his finished work on the cross.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
FarmTech:

I'm talking about healthy regret, not unhealthy one. I'm not saying that the op will keep going back to ask God for forgiveness. He has already been forgiven. His regret for his past action is now propelling him to warn others not to repeat his mistake. What is wrong with that? I repeat: What u don't regret, u will likely repeat!

I would tend to agree with you with this explanation but not if that leads to condemnation and a feeling that you have to do more to merit God's favour. Looking back at these times in one's life should make one thankful to God not to feel bad about decisions made when you were ignorant. Again his regret should propel him to bring others towards God's salvation plan and not imploring them to do something they might have not been empowered to do.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2021
africandollar:

Kindly show me in the Bible where David prayed a prayer that was worse than that which the Pharisee prayed I pray thee, previously you wrote that David prayed against his enemies so how does the publican equate to his enemy? If the type of prayers had no relevance then Jesus would not have dedicated verses of the Scripture to it. I don't understand why you would not encourage someone to ask for forgiveness, if that is the level their faith is then I would encourage them to do so until they come to a better understanding of their righteousness in Christ, someone who asks for forgiveness at that moment has had his/her conscience pricked and that is a good sign that they are on the right path. Or would you rather have them continue sinning without any remorse?

Yes the Bible talks about predestination but that is also subject to the choice the predestined makes. Did God know that Adam and Eve would sin? If yes then does that means they had no choice in the matter? If I have been predestined to make heaven why don't I go on and live my life with the motive of 'Que sera,sera' while I drink and fornicate and commit all sorts of sins knowing that I would still be saved and make heaven likely at the point of death? You see where this fable becomes faulty? If God already 'knows' where I would end up does it now mean I am not the one making my choice seeing it has already been made by a previous version of me? If He already 'knows' where I would end up why does he now ask me to make a choice? Deut 30:19

Yes I agree with you that some unbelievers live more morally upright lives but you would also agree that that is the exception and not the norm right? You were sent to preach the gospel of Christ and not to be another Mahatma Ghandi. Preaching about Christ is the core message of the gospel and accepting him would move unbelievers to the path of good works- which in summary also is believing in Christ. Naturally you would expect an apple tree to produce apples but it's going to be a tall order if you expect a palm tree to produce apples. Why? Because it is not in it's nature to do that! Change the nature first and the fruits should follow. Unfortunately the message of Christ has been dumbed down to good works and that is why the Church is full of hypocrisy today.

The verse I quoted answers your question perfectly. 1 Cor 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. You see there lies the problem, after all the preaching and admonishing on good works you find out that even those deacons and choir members commit 'worse' sins than the lay members or even unbelievers like you admitted. If they could be changed by the teachings of doing good they would have since been changed but what is the purpose of cutting off the branches (works of the flesh) of a tree when the roots (sinful nature) are still firmly planted to the ground. Paul said he would not preach any other thing to this church than for them to focus on Christ and him crucified because this is where our salvation including victory over sin comes from. You can keep looking to yourself all you want but you would still continue to be defeated by sin until you choose to focus on Jesus and his finished work on the cross.

Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by FarmTech(m): 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
africandollar:

Whether u sin or not, always ask for forgiveness because there are sins committed unaware or by error. So don't misunderstand me. But if sb decided to thank God for being righteous and not like sinners around him, don't crucify the person. We have the FULL right to boast in the Lord, but only in the Lord. Let's look at some of Davids prayer:
Palm 17:4 I don't do like others. I obey your teachings and am not cruel. 5. I have always walked in your way and have never strayed from it.

Pslm 18:20 The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I am not guilty of turning from my God.
All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.
I have been blameless before him
and have kept myself from sin.
The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
You save the humble 27
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
Psalm 15
LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?
The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;
whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;
who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;

I still maintain my stand: If the pharisee was actually righteous, Jesus wouldn't have condemned his prayer. If that sinner was to continue in his confessed sins, Jesus would not have justified his prayer. God is more interested in people confessing and repenting from their sins rather than confessing and going back to the sins. But if anyone goes back to sin after confession, U have the full right to confess again. But I encourage u not to make it a habit because if u die in sin, u are going to hell.

U don't even understand me. God already knows those that will make the right choice and those that won't. He did not force it on them.

U can not preach Christ without preaching against sin. People cannot accept Christ without turning away from their sin. Do u know why many ladies today will claim born again and still dress like prostitute? It is because pastors now ignore sin and preach more about Christ wrt deliverance, healing, breakthrough, miracle etc. Some sins are now norms for Christians.
Churches are a mix of mature Christians, baby Christians, sinners with a heart of repentance and hardened sinners, etc. So are u saying that pastors shud preach only Christ to them? When Jesus started his ministry, he told sinners to "turn away from their sins because the kingdom of God is near" matt 4:17. He did not ignore sin and focus on the kingdom of God. When Paul was preaching to idol worshippers in Anthen, he told them to stop idol worshipping and he talked about Christ. He did not focus on one and ignore the other. Acts 17:22-31.
Matthew 3:8
Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Read the whole book of Cor. and see whether Paul preached about good works and against sin. U don't understand the vs u quoted. U cannot talk about Christ without talking about turning away from sin and producing good fruits. Why did Christ died?
How many churches today preach about sin and good works? How many emphasize popular sins like foul jokes, dirty songs, immodest dressings, celebrity worship, crazy fashion etc? The reason why 'Christians' engage in these 2day is bc pastors don't emphasize them often, in fact, u hardly hear them preach against them. And that is the very reason why it is rampant today and not the other way round.
And mine u, I'm not an unbeliever.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner by africandollar: 4:56pm On May 05, 2021
FarmTech:

Whether u sin or not, always ask for forgiveness because there are sins committed unaware or by error. So don't misunderstand me. But if sb decided to thank God for being righteous and not like sinners around him, don't crucify the person. We have the FULL right to boast in the Lord, but only in the Lord. Let's look at some of Davids prayer:
Palm 17:4 I don't do like others. I obey your teachings and am not cruel. 5. I have always walked in your way and have never strayed from it.

Pslm 18:20 The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I am not guilty of turning from my God.
All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.
I have been blameless before him
and have kept myself from sin.
The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
You save the humble 27
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
Psalm 15
LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?
The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;
whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;
who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;

I still maintain my stand: If the pharisee was actually righteous, Jesus wouldn't have condemned his prayer. If that sinner was to continue in his confessed sins, Jesus would not have justified his prayer. God is more interested in people confessing and repenting from their sins rather than confessing and going back to the sins. But if anyone goes back to sin after confession, U have the full right to confess again. But I encourage u not to make it a habit because if u die in sin, u are going to hell.

U don't even understand me. God already knows those that will make the right choice and those that won't. He did not force it on them.

U can not preach Christ without preaching against sin. People cannot accept Christ without turning away from their sin. Do u know why many ladies today will claim born again and still dress like prostitute? It is because pastors now ignore sin and preach more about Christ wrt deliverance, healing, breakthrough, miracle etc. Some sins are now norms for Christians.
Churches are a mix of mature Christians, baby Christians, sinners with a heart of repentance and hardened sinners, etc. So are u saying that pastors shud preach only Christ to them? When Jesus started his ministry, he told sinners to "turn away from their sins because the kingdom of God is near" matt 4:17. He did not ignore sin and focus on the kingdom of God. When Paul was preaching to idol worshippers in Anthen, he told them to stop idol worshipping and he talked about Christ. He did not focus on one and ignore the other. Acts 17:22-31.
Matthew 3:8
Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Read the whole book of Cor. and see whether Paul preached about good works and against sin. U don't understand the vs u quoted. U cannot talk about Christ without talking about turning away from sin and producing good fruits. Why did Christ died?
How many churches today preach about sin and good works? How many emphasize popular sins like foul jokes, dirty songs, immodest dressings, celebrity worship, crazy fashion etc? The reason why 'Christians' engage in these 2day is bc pastors don't emphasize them often, in fact, u hardly hear them preach against them. And that is the very reason why it is rampant today and not the other way round.
And mine u, I'm not an unbeliever.

I definitely know you are a believer from how we've been conversing for a while now.

Firstly, the concept that you need to keep asking God for forgiveness of sins to be forgiven is flawed because if you really think about it, you received Christ today yet He died for your sins more than 2,000 years ago so when you newly repented did He have to die afresh for your sins you committed more than 2,000 years after his death on the cross? No! The crucifixion is an event that occured beyond space and time that is why Jesus was referred to as the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world ( Rev13:8 ) so I submit to you that all your sins both in the past, present and future had already been forgiven when you accept Christ but when the Spirit of God brings your attention to sins you have committed then you should acknowledge them and ask God for help to overcome in these areas in otherwords I am saying that as long as you have not backslidden and rejected Christ you are in good standing with God else would it be right to believe that your righteousness is something that changes moment by moment depending on if you been completely obedient? So what happens when the trumpet blows and you just are in one of those moments? He'll ban you from being raptured? No Sir!

Now about David's prayers you cited, there is nowhere we are encouraged to pray like this in the New Testament, even in the Old testament Elijah had his ministry officially terminated and handed over to Elisha when he prayed like this...

I have been very zealous for the LORD, the God of Hosts,” he replied, “but the Israelites have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well.”

Then the LORD said to him, “Go back by the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you arrive, you are to anoint Hazael as king over Aram. You are also to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel and Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel-meholah to succeed you as prophet .

(1 Kings 19:14-15)

When Job attempted to defend himself before God based on all his good works what was God's response?

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

(Job 38:2)

Paul stressed this further in clear terms in the book of 2 Corinthians 12:

I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to gain, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to Paradise. The things he heard were too sacred for words, things that man is not permitted to tell

5 I will boast about such a man, but I will not boast about myself, except in my weaknesses. 6 Even if I wanted to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations.

So to keep me from becoming conceited, a I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Let me now reiterate that talking about Christ and His finished work on the cross is the good news and the source of our salvation.

Yes, Jesus came and preached repentance and once you accept him as your Lord and Savior you have repented. There's no way you would be rooted in the Word of God and not know that you should abstain from sin if the Spirit of God truly lives in you hence the reason to build a proper foundation of repentance from sin (root) from where would proceed good works (fruit), not the other way round of asking people to stop sinning when they are yet to even know Him who has the power of victory over sin.

I digress a bit, I submit to you that this is one of the reasons why we have so many churches and Christians in Nigeria yet 'corruption' in the country (even perpetrated by 'Christians') stink to the highest heavens! You would find a 'so-called' pastor receiving bribes and yet calling for prayers every morning?! This is where such a behaviour finds it's root cause. Why do you think people return back to a life of sin immediately they leave the church premises? Because they don't have a relationship with the Savior in the first place, Christianity has been reduced to just basic religion in our country that is why impunity reigns from the households to the government circles.

Christianity has ushered in development in every area in other parts of the world but why is our case in Africa so different? The reason has everything to do with hypocrisy which finds it's strength from basic religiosity rather than a committed relationship with the Lord.

I believe we both are of the same Spirit but have a difference in opinion and there's nothing wrong in that. I used to focus more on telling people to stop sinning as well but since I found out proper teachings about God's grace I tend to see the Scriptures in a new light and not according to human rules and customs which we tend to confuse with God's instructions, like He said in Isaiah 55:8-9 'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts'

I won't discuss this matter any further as I believe the points from both sides have been fully communicated, may God continue to reveal Himself to us by his Spirit through His Word. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.