Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland (471 Views)

Deborah Samuel: 34 Lawyers Arrive Court To Defend Suspected Killers / Obasanjo Adeola Owoyale: Student Found Dead In His Car Boot In Cyprus (Photos) / Man Knocked Out With A Single Punch While Trying To Defend A Fighting Lady. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Insecurity: Senator Adeola threatens to join kinsmen to defend Yewaland

Worried by seeming helplessness of security agencies to stem the tide of incessant attacks of communities in Yewa Land in Ogun State allegedly by Fulani Herdsmen, Senator Solomon Adeola ( APC Lagos West), has threatened to join his Yewa kinsmen for self defence .

The Senator who made the threat in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday , said his action in that direction , is being fueled by inaction of both the federal and Ogun State Governments to stop incessant attacks of communities in Yewa Land by Fulani Herdsmen.

Adeola in the statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media , Kayode Odunaro, said the latest of such attacks were the ones brazenly carried out in Yewa North , Imeko, Afon , Ipokia and Yewa South Local government council two weeks ago, occasioning several deaths and destruction of property without the authorities stemming the tide .

"Let it be stated that as a representative of the people sworn to uphold the constitution and the laws of the land including the right to self defence, I will not hesitate to join my people in the defense of their rights to life, property and peaceful coexistence with others at the back of seeming failure of duly constituted authorities to defend such fundamental rights against anyone or forces" he said.

He declared further in the statement that having waited in vain for over two weeks for government positive action against what are clearly criminal acts of arson and murders, he is now calling on the Federal Government and the Ogun State Government to rise up to its constitutional obligations of protecting the lives and properties of all Nigerians particularly the peace loving people of Yewaland in Ogun State.

According to him, Attacks occasioning several deaths and destruction of properties of law abiding Nigerians in several communities in Yewa Land , can no longer be glossed over .

Relevant authorities , he added , must rise up to the challenge , failure of which may make people in the affected communities, to resort to self help .

"I recalled that at various occasions on the floor of the Senate I contributed to debates on the deteriorating security situation in different parts of the country and was always agitating for restructuring of the security architecture of the country.

" I made a similar contribution to a Senate wide motion on general security only last week. Now something specific must be done urgently to stop the arson and killings in Yewaland by relevant authorities and security agencies" he stressed.

He however noted that he is aware that the State Government set up a special committee on the recent ugly situation in Yewaland and elsewhere in the state , but stressed that the body need to urgently turn in a workable report/solution to the Government to stem the spate of arson and killing against people in Yewaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by DaddyRochie1642: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
He can go to hell
Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by andyblinks: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
He can go to hell
wetin he do you?
Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by NwaAmaikpe: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
shocked

I do not support him.
These herdsmen need to be appreciated for nuturing those cattles that provide us beef. Can't we just overlook their wrongs?

Why would anyone want to defend themselves against killer herdsmen when they know that they may hurt or kill a herdsman in the process of doing that?

Or have ye all forgotten this famous warning below?

"We will write this for all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes".

:Nasir El-Rufai
July 15, 2012

Our SouthWest can not afford to take such a loan.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by izzou(m): 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
The most useless Senator we have in this country

I wonder what Tinubu saw in this one, and selected him

People of Badagry have never benefited from his tenure. He just dey Senate dey chop

Yayi the Thief

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by Queenlovely(f): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
I lived in India for few years, I noticed Indians have more cows than 50 African countries combined together.
Yet you don't hear about herdsmen or roaming cows wandering into farms and destroying things.

I went to do my research and discovered that, everything is organized in India, They have a farming zone in India,

but in Nigeria our farms are scattered anyhow, the way we build our houses indiscriminately without planning..
We are supposed to have a farming zone, it would be big that it can be easily seen from space.

let us organise our farming arrangement, you can't turn a residential area to a farm, In the past their was a grazing route but people now farm, build homes on those grazing routes making herdsmen go around in mazes

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by tyup(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
I heard Yoruba land esp Ogun is a witch and Demons occupied territory..... Why have they been silent and useless all this while knowing fully well the Fulanis are superseding them in attrocities
Re: Insecurity: Senator Adeola Threatens To Join Kinsmen To Defend Yewaland by Germanhunter(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
He can go to hell

You go still meet am for there

(1) (Reply)

Fake Chevron Staff Docked After Defrauding Former Governorship Aspirant N4.5m(px / Agu Somto Pascal Is A Scammer / FROM AMOTEKUN TO EBUBEAGU: WHY SOUTHERNERS TURNED TO LEOPARDS FOR THEIR SECURITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.