Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate (18271 Views)

I Lost N20 Million To Shasha Crisis, Not Going Back There - Chairman / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate--osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by TheRareGem1(f): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
 *        VP Says: We must deal with criminals according to law & not an ethnic conflict

*        Urges for peace between Northern traders and Southwest people

( Below are comments by the Vice President today in Lagos when reporters asked him about the situation in Ibadan. He had just paid a condolence visit to the Jakande family in Ilupeju.)

I have heard about the unfortunate mayhem and the tragic loss of lives at the Shasha market in the past few days.

Shasha market  has been a melting  pot for traders bringing foodstuff from the North to the Southwest for decades.

For decades traders from the North have done business with their brothers from the Southwest  and  they have lived in peace  and even inter-married. Shasha is a place of unity.

So when a disagreement arises between individuals or a criminal act is committed by one against the other we must ensure that we see it for what it is,  a criminal act, which must be punished according to law. Not an ethnic conflict.

Every Nigerian has a constitutional right to live, work and enjoy their lives  in safety, peace under the law.

It is the duty of government through the police and other law enforcement agencies to arrest and prosecute any person who commits a crime against a citizen of this nation. It is the role of the citizen to assist the police to identify the criminals. We must never take the law into our own hands, if we do we will be promoting chaos, and a breakdown of law and order, and all of us especially the most vulnerable amongst us, will be at risk.  I urge all community leaders to work together to preserve the brotherly co-existence that our people from different parts of the country have enjoyed in Shasha market for several decades.

I commend the governor for his swift and decisive action  and all the law enforcement agencies for their prompt intervention.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/02/14/shasha-mayhem-unfortunate-tragic-osinbajo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Kaduna1stson: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
This man grin
Reading Garba Shehu's secretary's prepared speech again. They are using him to douse the tension while more things happen.

Meanwhile

https://www.nairaland.com/6415339/how-pregnant-woman-three-others

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by TheRareGem1(f): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Children of hates will say this good man is still silent.

Peace is all we need.

Shasha market us an emblem of unity where people from north and south transact, this kind of disunity act should not even be allowed in the first place.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Kaduna1stson: 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheRareGem1:

I am even surprised he performed this mouth action. grin

I thought they would have warned him to keep quiet, and only attend burials.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by abcee(m): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
please need old facebook for my advertising business contact me if u hav any 08097025185
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Elvictor: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
GOod reaction

All Yoruba miscreants should be arrested and charged as criminals

grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Kriss216: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheRareGem1:

So, "Sasha represents unity" is okay for you and your kinsmen

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yoruba are not fools

No stupid hausa or fulani will be allowed in shasha again and very soon we gonna chase them out of our land

Amotekun is a failed project and governora should stop wasting money om such useless outfit

Kudos to Nnamdi kanu for setting up ESN

We need something like ESN in Yoruba land with updated sophisticated weapon, this government has waged war against Southerners, only idiots will think am saying nonsense

Law enforcement agents always support northerners whenever fight broke out between northerners and Southerners and northerners used to be at all fault all the time yet Southerners get kicked

I'm not inciting people for war but we must be ready to defend ourselves whenever the need be because we can never get justice under this administration

You cant continue to kill people in their own ancestral land and expect us to fold out arms all in the name of one Nigeria

Security agents can never be everywhere at the same time

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by capitalzero: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Peace is all we need.

Shasha market us an emblem of unity where people from north and south transact, this kind of disunity act should not even be allowed in the first place.

You know nothing about shasha clashes. Even vp is hypocrite. In 90s, shasha, bodija and sabo were flash points between hausa and Yorubas. Shasha is centre of anarchy. The market should be demolished.

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Brendaniel: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
[s] * VP Says: We must deal with criminals according to law & not an ethnic conflict

* Urges for peace between Northern traders and Southwest people [/s]

This man knows all what he is saying is not going to work, but he just has to say something...

[s]
TheRareGem1:

Peace is all we need.

[/s]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Racoon(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
Are you just waking up Mr VP? When the oppressors are doing the damage or are on the receiving end of the divide, then you will start preaching "unity". Continue!

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by GeneralPula: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
So when a disagreement arises between individuals or a criminal act is committed by one against the other we must ensure that we see it for what it is, a criminal act, which must be punished according to law. Not an ethnic conflict

Exactly..

Unfortunate beings are coming..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by nanauju(f): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
cool
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Funkeshuga(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Osibanjo is a useless man, is education is a waste, your state of origin had turned to the Den of lion where life had become a cheap commodity and all you've to be blabbing about is peace?

You and your illiterates president brought hardship to this nation yet brought wasting of lives join

may thunder scatter that thing that's making you keep quiet while your region is going through hell in the hand of herdsmen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Lamasta(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Every Nigerian has a constitutional right to live, work and enjoy their lives in safety, peace under the law. V.P Yemi Osinbajo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by seunmsg(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
So when a disagreement arises between individuals or a criminal act is committed by one against the other we must ensure that we see it for what it is, a criminal act, which must be punished according to law. Not an ethnic conflict.

I have been saying this all along. Sadly, the government is not helping matters. The police and the justice system that should isolate criminal cases and punish the criminals are not doing so. Instead, they are providing cover for certain criminals and expect those affected to keep quiet.

Osinbajo should please pass the message to the president. He should do the right thing and stop giving tacit support to the criminals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Pickieox(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
This pastorpreneur grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by TheRareGem1(f): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
Funkeshuga:
Osibanjo is a useless man

Funkeshuga is very senseless, useless, daft fellow who always spill trash

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by adonnii(f): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
I have heard about the unfortunate mayhem and the tragic loss of lives
at the Shasha market in the past few days..

are you sure you are really the acting vp oga

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Masterkernel1: 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Peace is all we need.

What did he say? I won't expect you to change till it gets to doors.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by NgwalandAba(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hopeless house boy.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Pickieox(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
abcee:
please need old facebook for my advertising business contact me if u hav any 08097025185

How much you wan pay make I sell my own for you? 5000 friends with many followers and friends' request?
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Very useful
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by TheRareGem1(f): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Brendaniel:
[s] * VP Says: We must deal with criminals according to law & not an ethnic conflict

* Urges for peace between Northern traders and Southwest people [/s]

This man knows all what he is saying is not going to work, but he just has to say something...

[s][/s]

Who bears Brendianiel, a daft person right. Who doesn't know how to say something sensible
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
What is really wrong with Buhari, this is not the purview of the VP, the commander in chief, should be addressing the nation in times of crisis like this, what kind of I don't care human being is that. If he can't address the nation when his people is being killed, I wonder what will happen when others are harmed, Baba will just go and sleep. Let this Kian man no repeat again in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by P1PrinceKT(m): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
South West ;
A terrorists land (Nicknamed Hoodlums).
I am advisable to all NorthererS to come back home. @FFK would not help you with his sentimental essays.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by FastLane25(m): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
hmmm issoright
Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by sojfarm: 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
There is time for everything.

This not the time to preach.

It should be seen the way it is.

Police under your watch and the watch of your herdsman boss has failed to call the fulani terrorists to order, and you are here again preaching to the farmers, raped woman?

You better act on the truth and facts you have OR you resign

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Shasha Represents Unity, Recent Mayhem Unfortunate by TheRareGem1(f): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
NgwalandAba:
Hopeless house boy.

If anybody in your household get to where is he now and what he has achieved in life, you won't say what you just said.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo's Tax Policies Choking — Schools, Traders Protest / Soludo Flags Off New Road Constructions In Awka, Abagana And Obosi / Police Ban Political Party Supporters From Celebrating In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.