Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

A Book For All: I'm Not Dead Yet By Uche Chika - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Book For All: I'm Not Dead Yet By Uche Chika (323 Views)

The Duo Of Passion And Skills: Uche Chika, Author Of I’m Not Dead Yet / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / Read A Book Today!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Book For All: I'm Not Dead Yet By Uche Chika by thesensei: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2021
I recall being filled with glee as I began and amidst glee wonder!. I was taken aback by the writer's ability to create an aura of suspense almost at the dawn of the Novel. The inception imprinted a strong hankering for a 'Non-Stop Read'. How did Uche do it?. I just had to go on; who wouldn't?. I caught myself severally wondering if the story was just based on the writer's fantasy because the level of contextualization is quite on the high side. Very Real. It was living a life from page to page.
I'M NOT DEAD YET as the title, would bring a lot of pictures to a liberal mind; in fact any mind at all. But the picture presented by the author in the novel shows a high level of creativity. Its feel was unpredictable, splendid. It's only the end that'll make you sure. We see how we can be living but dead. And we also see the need to come back to life while living and not be Dead Yet, till we are actually dead. The novel is expressed in a form of what I call 'complex simplicity';
The many ideologies and personalities in the novel have a lot of pills to give. You would find yourself arguing with a character in agreement or disagreement. The best part of this novel lies at the sleeve of every page but it unbuttons at the Concluding pages. And regarding the worst part of this novel; well not precisely worst but let's borrow the word:- The suspense created by the author, if patience is not welcomed would make one breeze through the pages just to satisfy the increasing curiosity and bridge the suspense., And the actions by some of the characters will flush in a torrent of emotions that will swing your mood if not controlled, But this only actually shows the authenticity of the novel.
This novel is as revealing and sensitive as Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Purple Hibiscus, and as punchy and characterful as Michael Afenfia's- When the Moon caught fire.
The author's intent is very glaring. This Novel is a; Moral book, Book for leisure, Motivational and Inspiring, Romantic Novel amongst others... Almost all category of books in One. Wonderful. Uche's initiative to explore other books(Robin Sharma- The Monk who sold his Ferrari....etc) in the novel is wonderful and seeks to promote reading culture. I was also thrilled and blown away by Uche's 'Bold step’ in echoing Chinua Achebe’s famous title Things Fall Apart in the early pages of the novel. I think this is an incredible kick-off for a first book.
This book houses in itself numerous concepts; ranging from the attitude of present-day youths, Love, the role of the family, friendship, reading culture, Nigeria's political games, the need for the "G"(God) factor in our lives down to mistakes and ordeals in life and how to tackle them.
We are invited into Theresa's life to see the influence peer pressure had on her and the effects; From this, we glimpse how to pick up our broken pieces and glue them. We learn about mistakes and how to correct them. There's a strong need to forgive others and events, but there's a stronger need to forgive ourselves; this novel would show you how and why.
The author in a subtle way through the fun pages with Mr Ike, Mr Shola, Mr Nnadi and Mr Peter who letter joined the pack, presents the dirty games we see in politics today especially in our nation. It's clear our country needs help and louder voices. It courageous and prestigious for Uche to send his little whisper through this medium. From Chinedu, Obi, Ayo, Nina, Theresa, Benita, Bola and the four political friends we learn one glaring concept, Friendship. From these fictional characters, we study various kinds of friendships and their impact on daily living.
There's a lot to talk about from this single-story expressed by the author, but the law of reviewing demands summary. One could just say the words of the novel 'is Alive and Active'. It is a must-read for all readers. In my opinion, this novel should spread wild and wide. Gradually Chinua Achebe is revealing himself in different forms, Uche isn't left out. I would recommend this book to everyone who can read. It's not only just a usual novel for relaxation, it's also a novel of mutual call into the odyssey of life. Copies are available on Amazon, Okada books and book stores across the country.
Connect with author on Instagram: thesensei1 Twitter: @thesensei____ Website: thesensei.com.ng

UGWOKE MICHAEL CHISOM.

(1) (Reply)

A Committed Writer Needed / Wedding Night Gone Wrong- Episode 6. Ex Files / Dead Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.