Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy (34919 Views)

Hushpuppi Emerges ‘Best Bathroom Cleaner In Prison' – Begs judge For Mercy / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
azpekuliar:
They think they are writing to Nigerian judges of the like of Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia

cheesy grin cheesy

Clowns!
You ehn be careful on. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by semyman: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
Pastors and family members should vomit what they ate from the criminal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yet you consistently open your mouth to criticize your equally useless leaders...

Anyway, it's easy to form "gangster" in your father's house after watching Snowball or Superfly.

You know nothing about real life!!! grin
Leave am, all these small boys shouting "nigger" and the rest, when you see rhem true true, na just to laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by delzbaba(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
the more they beg,the longer the sentence will be,Americans like that kind thing,meanwhile who will beg for hush puppy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by DSoj(m): 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
Still calling a Fraud biz mogul? SICK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by mujaya1(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
Igbo herdmen terrorism again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Many great family wealth have their origin in crime
Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
BOLLDD:
He should face the consequence jare.... grin

Black Americans have spent 20+ years in prison for stealing a T-shirt or something less valuable - $11M and I no see one kobo inside, you must spend eternity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Positiveme2020: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nigerian business mogul[b][/b]
Abi Nigerian Criminal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by edoairways: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Dem think say na Nigeria where if you beg dem go free you.

Maybe they should also beg those people who lost their money to him.

Imagine Pastors supporting evil, even one young girl is calling invictus her MENTOR grin

Wallahi, no good role model for Nigeria.
That pastor only pleaded with the judge for mercy. If the accusser had dupe a pastor, you question what he preaches at the altar

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

It doesn't. It is the strength of the evidence the prosecutors have and present against him that count. If the sentence is weak, they will appeal and demand for maximum sentence.
The Best thing is to avoid crimes not hoping against hope that one judge will be so incompetent to think that a chronic fraudster will meet Christ on his way to Damascus. His victims have suffered even more jeopardy with this covid-19 pandemic.
People like him never change. He is a sadist who enjoyed stealing from others and watch them die from lack.

Guys like him even make fun of hardworking people trying to earn legitimate income; they call those upright people "suegbe" (morons)

I don't know how you came about this but I am forced to agree with you. I took my time to watch his videos after his arrest back then, especially the interview he had with a Female BBC Journalist.

That interview particularly helped me to discover that he has innate wisdom and can easily discover opportunities, and also explore them successfully. Invictus Obi is truly brilliant, intelligent and motivational. From the interview, particularly, I couldn't just imagine that the same person would be involved in that magnitude of fraud.

So, I kept watching major aspect of that video over and over again to see if he gave any clues to such lifestyle. But nothing gave him away. And that led me to conclude that he must really be sick somewhere upstairs to be this intelligent and creative but choose to deploy it on criminality, despite all he narrated about his mum's love for him.

I wish he grew up under his dad also, and I wish he didn't travel out to SA when he did - far away from his noble family, especially his hardworking mum (teacher) who always advised him rightly.

I think it was in SA that he went astray and became irredeemable. I believe he successfully convinced his mum of engaging in legal businesses for her to have accepted his success stories, and also agreed to being a member of his board. He is obviously very convincing, for company directors to have been fooled, and for Forbes to have featured him.

So much lessons to be learnt from his life's journey. But how I wish he was contented with what destiny had in stock for him and not get himself involved at all in "yahoo yahoo", he would have made his mum a very happy woman, and yet still be very rich without ruining people's lives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Miyachi: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
Robinhood?

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by chaloskyx: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
HE COMMITED A CRIME SO HE MUST DO THE TIME THIS IS NOT NIGERIA HERE IN THE US THE RULE OF LAW PREVAILS TELL YOUR PASTOR AND MUMMY AND DADDY G.O TO GO BACK HOME ABEG WHEN HE WAS DEFRAUDING PEOPLE WHY DIDNT HIS PASTORS TALK TO HIM ITS AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT PANTS DOWN YOU NOW REALISE WHAT HE WAS DOING WAS BAD

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Sailorsoldier1: 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
No mercy....he shud serve his time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by tunize(m): 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Who go come beg for hush na abi I'm not get family, friends or mentor where this one wan do 20yrs so for $11m days mean hush fit do 100yrs oooh

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Jimmy231: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
Him go still come back come meet some people doing nothing still

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by PHijo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
He should not be referred to as a Nigerian business mogul. He should be referred to as a suspected Nigerian fraudster.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by jeliliadedoja1: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
Anyone committing crime is aware of the consequences. The pastor begging ought to have asked him where does he get all the money he spends. Those who beg are accomplice and it is most unfortunate there are many out there doing the same I think this should serve as deterrent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
FuckThaMod:
The kind of thread that sweets fulani and yoruba cool
This isn't about tribal war, alot of nigerian youths are into fraud. Na who them catch be thieve. Alot of nigerians are into alot of dubious activities. you would neva know, all you see is the nice apartment, beautiful wife and cars. till they get caught in the act.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Xpol: 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
FuckThaMod:
this one no be tribal matter Gucci master too is there

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Rubbish, for every action there is a consequence.
He chose to live in a fast lane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Litmus: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Stop acting victim when you're helping to create victims, example the Hausas that lost their lives and property in Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by einsteine(m): 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

It doesn't. It is the strength of the evidence the prosecutors have and present against him that count. If the sentence is weak, they will appeal and demand for maximum sentence.
The Best thing is to avoid crimes not hoping against hope that one judge will be so incompetent to think that a chronic fraudster will meet Christ on his way to Damascus. His victims have suffered even more jeopardy with this covid-19 pandemic.
People like him never change. He is a sadist who enjoyed stealing from others and watch them die from lack.

Guys like him even make fun of hardworking people trying to earn legitimate income; they call those upright people "suegbe" (morons)

Go and read more about American cases. It is customary for people to write to the judge. Evidence or no evidence, it is unlikely for a first time convict to get maximum sentence. Even Tobechi Onwuhara who stole way way more than Invictus and evaded justice for years got only seven years for the crime and he was a second time convict. Letters like this to the judge, a commitment to return the money and a guilty plea are all key to reducing the sentence

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by poweredcom(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
They should stop fooling themselves

USA no de take wire fraud and money laundering play oo

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by LordOfTheGame: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Wahala dey ooh. God have mercy on him and give him a second chance through the judge.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
He's obviously a good kid. May God show him mercy, such that would shock his traducers.

I know he wouldn't get more than 10 years, counting from when he was arrested 2 years ago. In due time he will be out. Hopefully he has bitcoin assets squirreled away that will make him far better than most of the envious idiots here who wish him the worst fate.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by RICHSATAN: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
na them dey wan oppress us for club. please no mercy for the bastard. hush puppi inclusive
Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hedonini:
He's obviously a good kid. May God show him mercy, such that would shock his traducers.

I know he wouldn't get more than 10 years, counting from when he was arrested 2 years ago. In due time he will be out. Hopefully he has bitcoin assets squirreled away that will make him far better than most of the envious idiots here who wish him the worst fate.

And after you will be criticisng APC for corruption...while clapping for someone who stole other people's money

If he stole your money join, would you be happy?

We don't hate Invictus...but because of people like him, legit Nigerian busienssmen and women can't take advantage of opporutnities to make money on the web because everyone thinks we are scammers.

Don't clap for him. The money he spent in this country is blood money. And that's the kind of money that brings curses on whoever touches it...simply because it was stolen from other's sweat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by generationz(f): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
They think they are in Nigeria where they will call relatives of the judge and beg in the name of God using all forms of manipulation to make the judge guilty for upholding the law and the criminal feel he did the right thing. grin

I'm a Christian but if you call GOD when talking about these people I can slap you. angry

Do whatever you have to do to survive but be ready to face the consequences like a man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by itu404(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
einsteine:

Actually, these letters and character attestation help reduce the sentence. It is used when the defendant has pleaded guilty. A key part of justice administration in the United States.
Thanks for information, they were already asking for the pastor's head, as is their custom, wallowing in ignorance about the US legal system.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke’s Relatives, Pastor, Others Beg U.S. Judge For Mercy by Danix7(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
All this begging are a waste of time, anyone that is bold enough to do the crime should be aware of the consequences and prepared to face it like a man. Even Druglords hide some of their wealth in cash to handle unforeseen circumstances

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

36 Online Scammers Arrested In Atlantic City, Ikorodu, Sangotedo / Young Girls From Benue Saved From Being Trafficked To Mali (photos) / Man, His Pregnant Wife & Boy Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Bayelsa (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.