Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) (65632 Views)

Burial Of The 33 Muslim Travellers Killed In Jos Plateau: Buried In Mass Grave / Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque / Corpses Still Litter Birnin-Gwari Kaduna After Attack As Death Toll Rises. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Northurmate: 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Victims of ethnic killings in Sasa, Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State, have been buried in mass grave on Sunday night.

The violence, which started on Thursday, led to loss of lives, property and wanton arson.

DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that 11 bodies were buried at the local Muslim cemetery around 7pm on Sunday.

Informed sources said so far the death toll had risen to 23, but the rest of the bodies were buried at a different cemetery to “douse tension”.

In an interview with DAILY NIGERIAN on Sunday night, the chairman of the market traders union, Usman Yako, said the death toll had risen to 23, with more reported discovery of corpses in the general area.

So far 23 bodies have been found. Unconfirmed report tonight has it that more bodies were deposited at Sasa police station near Sarkin Sasa residence.

“Eleven bodies have been buried at the Muslim cemetery, while the rest were taken elsewhere in order to douse tension,” Mr Yako said.

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State and his Ondo State counterpart, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, on Sunday, paid a visit to Sasa community in Ibadan.

The governors, while speaking with residents of the area, appealed for calm and harmonious peaceful coexistence between the Hausa and the Yoruba in the community.

The two governors, who also visited the palace of the traditional ruler of Sasa, urged residents of the community and the state in general to stop taking laws into their hands.

They implored the warring factions in the market to eschew violence and allow peace to reign.

Mr Makinde in particular, after assessing the level of destruction at the market, promised to give palliatives to those whose goods and property were affected by the mayhem.

He further stated that he was reluctant to declare curfew and close the market, “because I felt the economic wellbeing of everyone here is important and because this is where you get what you use to feed yourselves and your families.

“But to curb the crisis from escalating, I will engage your leaders this evening (Sunday).

“One thing is, if you allow those who don’t have anything to lose here to blow this matter out of proportion, no one will be able to say where the crisis will end.

“But please, I beg of you, let us stop fighting ourselves. I can assure you that we will deal with the situation.

“We must continue to maintain the peace here. Those who are hoodlums here will be dealt with but those who are law-abiding will be compensated for what they have lost,” he said.

On his own part, Mr Akeredolu, who said that he was in Oyo State on behalf of the South-West governors, appealed to aggrieved parties to stop fighting and allow peace to reign.

SOURCE: https://dailynigerian.com/victims-sasa-killings-buried/

3 Likes

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Perfectsouth(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Yorubas are most tolerant people but over time, they've used this against us..
Just because we've not been speaking out doesn't mean we are foolish..
I will never advocate for violence but let's always respect our host communities, nobody has monopoly for violence

387 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Eye for an eye

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Northurmate: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Eye for an eye
Makes the whole world blind

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Northurmate:

Makes the whole world blind
let the world go blind

271 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Perfectsouth:
Yorubas are most tolerant people but over time, they've used this against us..
Just because we've not been speaking out doesn't mean we are foolish..
I will never advocate for violence but let's always respect our host communities, nobody has monopoly for violence
You're a snake and I hate snakes seriously. You're stylishly praising them for this carnage.Guy,karma is a bitch

54 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Perfectsouth(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
how many times have you condemn the killings of the Yorubas? Now everyone is crying wolf because of retaliation.. I am not a bastard yoruba like Tinubu who kept mum to the killings of his people.. Green snake kor, cobra ni
Lastmankc:
You're a snake and I hate snakes seriously. You're stylishly praising them for this carnage.Guy,karma is a bitch

391 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by gambia(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
This marriage has failed woefully, so why keep forcing people with different culture,belief and ideology to be together, its total madness, pls divide the country to avert further bloodshed of innocent souls. No one deserves to die in such a manner.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by blinking001(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
We condemn these attacks...it doesnt speak well of us as Nigerians..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
angry
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by sylve11: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
Sad... sad cool

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by HallaDaTruth: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hmmm, this is fake news

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by sammysmiles(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nah wah oooo
If you no get God for dis contree jxt forget...
Nigeria security na wash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by sofeo(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
RIP
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by aremuforlife(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
May Jehovah grant them rest and forgive them their sins.
We need to sue for peace, we can only live together in peace else, the problem will continue.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oyo people......

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

.....sleep with one eye open!

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by ByFaith1: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Very bad and sad. Poor police system have killed Nigeria.

I really hate mob killings.
Again, Hausa people need to have anger control but the sin of one Hausa person or anybody should not be made to reach the innocent.

RIP to all the victims of this mayhem. May God heal the land.
Let us also learn to refrain from going after innocent people in the name of mob revenge.

Everything about Nigeria is always shameful.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by nams77: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Very unfortunate and sad....

I blame both tiers of government for being less proactive

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Hardgun: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
I think I support peace but I guess at this time we need this

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by evergreen9: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Profprom(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Chai
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by dplordx(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
All life is sacred...but not the life of a killing blood thirsty savage bloody animal tribe that believes the lives of others--the lives of even their hosts where they are flourishing and living in peace is worthless, and not worth the prize of a cow!
Imagine, having strangers destroy your farms, kidnap you, rape your wives--and imagine the strangers defending their action, and when you retaliate, they scream to the heavens!
I marvel at how the entire Arewa tribe are screaming like dogs on social media, and even the president daughter joined in the rant.
Does that means that the life of Hausa and Fulani matters more than the lives of farmers and people kidnapped and killed and slaughtered like chickens in the south? I really pray that this mad president continues to falter--that he woefully fails and this blows into a full civil war--i pray he finally kill this stillborn called Nigeria, and the Fulani and Hausa, can stay together forever and leave us the humane southerners alone! Imagine, my country is been ruled by fulani and hausa controlled by it most of the time; the north rules, controls and enjoys over 90% of Nigeria's entire resources and positions--yet they kill the people in other regions and keep quiet, and when these people retaliate, they are screaming. What a joke of a country of ruler!
I continue to pray, may the country explode totally---so we can all go our seperate way....I know once we did, the north is going to totally self-destruct and its a matter of time before the herders and bandits take Abuja and kill the last remaining sane people in that region that condones so much corruption and evil!

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by FalseProphet1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
sad
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Kingrefreshed: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by FastLane25(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Lord have mercy
the wicked won't go unpunished
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
i remember the time one rccg woman's head was cut off just for nothing.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by specialmati(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
embarassed embarassed may it never be well with al those that brought this calamity of a government to us look at how people are killed like chicken.seems like this government was brought on board to reduce our population by killing as many as they can.2023 is still far may God protect us

8 Likes

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by futurerex: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
They will soon settle themselves undecided

13 Likes

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by itsja4: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Sad!

Thunder faya anyone sponsoring crime in South West
They incited all this bullshit in the first place.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by soft101: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
It's unfortunate
Re: Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) by LaIabobo: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
Sad and really unfortunate.
This country is on a verge of collapse.
The avoidable death of one man led to this loss of lives.
May God protect us and console the bereaved.

Meanwhile, if you have the chance to leave Nigeria, please do so NOW!!!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnapper Of A Military Personnel Arrested In Ogun / See Photos Of The Cultist Terrorising Osogbo / N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.