Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father (1327 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
I just heard it from someone today that my younger sister brought her 10 years+ boyfriend to come borrow up to 600K from my father. My mom was even in support of it. I have to give her a serious warning, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by BusinessCity: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Be patient. Let time work it's magic

Time is a revealed of true intentions and secrets. Be patient

Give it time

1 Like

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
My own is how the boyfriend agreed to such abomination
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by soberdrunk(m): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=Bestty101 post=99092885]I just heard it from someone today that my younger sister brought her 10 years+ boyfriend to come borrow up to 600K from my father. My mom was even in support of it. I have to give her a serious warning, but I don't know if it's the right thing

Abeg you get another sister? angry

6 Likes

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by fati2001(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bestty101:
I just heard it from someone today that my younger sister brought her 10 years+ boyfriend to come borrow up to 600K from my father.

NO IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE TO COMMIT SUCH ACT.

4 Likes

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Bola146(f): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
Very bad!!!!!! 10 years grin grin grin Some guys no get shame, I prayed for my future husband to be on one section, most of this guys alike started weeping cheesy cheesy He will collect the money and run away cheesy cheesy . Tell your sister that the juju her boyfriend is using on her is very strong.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
Its really bad of him, probably a greedy fellow. If he was married to her, it would make sense. For your parents to consent to such means your sister has great influence over her parents. If you must warn her, let it not be a quarell. You also need to talk to your parents, tell them it's totally wrong and such is hardly heard of in other places. As parents weren't they supposed to ask the young man when he was coming to marry her properly? 10yrs relationship, hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Its really bad of him, probably a greedy fellow. If he was married to her, it would make sense. For your parents to consent to such means your sister has great influence over her parents. If you must warn her, let it not be a quarell. You also need to talk to your parents, tell them it's totally wrong and such is hardly heard of in other places. As parents weren't they supposed to ask the young man when he was coming to marry her properly? 10yrs relationship, hmmm

I'm not even sure the guy is ready to even marry within the next 5 years. If I reach there this evening Sha...
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by MufasaLion: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
My ego no go gree me do am
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=soberdrunk post=99093115][/quote]

My sisters have sense but this particular one..
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by mariahAngel(f): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bestty101:
I just heard it from someone today that my younger sister brought her 10 years+ boyfriend to come borrow up to 600K from my father. My mom was even in support of it. I have to give her a serious warning, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do.

Maybe your parents already see him as family, like their son, so they see nothing wrong with it.
You can't tell your parents what to do with their money.

Your sister's boyfriend too should do the needful and marry your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

Maybe your parents already see him as family, like their son, so they see nothing wrong with it.
You can't tell your parents what to do with their money.

Your sister's boyfriend too should do the needful and marry your sister.

And they can't lend money to their own son to boost his business...
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by mariahAngel(f): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bestty101:

And they can't lend money to their own son to boost his business...

Well, did you ask?
Or you just feel entitled to their money because you're their son?

1 Like

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by veave(f): 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
I don't understand. Is this a joke?

Boyfriend has the guts to enter your house after dating your sister for 10years without wifing her talk more of borrow money? You as the brother what did you do when you saw them? You nor use 2by4 plank he toothpick leg comot una has?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Mindlog: 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bestty101:

I'm not even sure the guy is ready to even marry within the next 5 years. If I reach there this evening Sha...

How old is the guy?
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by bluebay(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
It’s none of your business
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2021
10 years? He should be chased away with a stick.

3 Likes

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bestty101:

How old is the guy? How old is your sister? What is your sister good? What is the guy doing?

Prior to now, what is the relationship of the guy with your parents?

I read in a post that your parents did not lend you money: could that be your anger and not the right/wrong of their action?
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Teleprompter(f): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
It is very wrong but I can not elaborate on why.

Ask even the pastors that collect tithes and they would tell you it is wrong.

Why is he still a boyfriend after ten years ?

Is your sister so desperate to please this gigolo ?

It is wrong and do not let young nairalnaders tell you that it is not a big deal.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Liposure: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
This is weird.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by mariahAngel(f): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Teleprompter:
It is very wrong but I can not elaborate on why.

Ask even the pastors that collect tithes and they would tell you it is wrong.

Why is he still a boyfriend after ten years ?

Is your sister so desperate to please this gigolo ?

It is wrong and do not let young nairalnaders tell you that it is not a big deal.

It is not even in his place to decide whether or not it is a big deal.
His parents have the rights to do whatever they want with their money, and there's little or nothing he can do about it.
His father is not a child. The old man knows why he's even considering the idea. It's his money after all, and he doesn't need his son's permission to do whatever he wants with it.
Heck! The op wasn't even supposed to know about it because it's none of his business!

People who give out their monies to charity organizations and strangers are not aliens. They have families too.

@op, your anger can only be justified if you can swear that your father has never helped you, otherwise, you're just envious.
Most men would rather give their money to a humble servant, than an ungrateful, proud son.

1 Like

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by kikelomo68469: 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
:I just heard it from someone today that my younger sister brought her 10 years+ boyfriend to come borrow up to 600K from my father.NO IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE TO COMMIT SUCH ACT.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Rubbiish(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2021
bukatyne:

How old is the guy? How old is your sister? What is your sister good? What is the guy doing?

Prior to now, what is the relationship of the guy with your parents?

I read in a post that your parents did not lend you money: could that be your anger and not the right/wrong of their action?
Obviously yes @bold
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
Of course it’s ok. Let her grow with him and help him in every way she can. You too prepare yourself, they are coming to borrow from you next.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by NoToPile: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
veave:
I don't understand. Is this a joke?

Boyfriend has the guts to enter your house after dating your sister for 10years without wifing her talk more of borrow money? You as the brother what did you do when you saw them? You nor use 2by4 plank he toothpick leg comot una has?

This post made me laugh out so loud. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by GboyegaD(m): 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
The idea of coming to borrow the money isn't my problem but the forever relationship. Perhaps they are okay being partners without the commitment of marriage.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Parizz: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2021
nenyewrites:
Of course it’s ok. Let her grow with him and help him in every way she can. You too prepare yourself, they are coming to borrow from you next.
lol..you are silly
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Uyi168: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
10+ relationship..

Your sister go don turn lord of the rings.
grin
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by armyofone(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
Money and family, money and friendships doesn't mix.

Your father should not be tempted to loan him the money because he won't get it back.

Gift what he can. 600k loan, no!
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
armyofone:
Money and family, money and friendships doesn't mix.

Your father should not be tempted to loan him the money because he won't get it back.

Gift what he can. 600k loan, no!

Na d amount even dey vex me, even till now.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by fineboynl(m): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2021
your father want him to succeed and marry your sister.

maybe your mother have told with him why he is not yet ready behind your back. and it's money issue.

so before your father agreed on loaning him your mother must have talk to him and supported him.

it's just to see him succeed and do the needful.

marriage nor easy oh. your mother must really like this young man.
Re: Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father by Kobicove(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2021
Your sister is still on girlfriend level after 10 years?! angry

Is your sister that ugly that she can't leave that loser and get a more serious person?

To add insult to injury he has the effrontery to ask to borrow money from her father

Bestty101:

Na d amount even dey vex me, even till now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Just Uniforms. It's A Scam / I Need Your Advice! / When Your Family Rejects Your Choice Of Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.