Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors (35791 Views)

PDP Crisis: Northern Group Rejects Atiku, Endorses Wike As Party Leader / Wike Dances As G5 Governors Arrive Oyo For Makinde's Campaign / I Lost N20 Million To Shasha Crisis, Not Going Back There - Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Ellasure: 5:23am On Feb 16, 2021
This is a charade an unserious event. What have they come to do? To issue more threats and promises of retaliation and sending more fulani cattle and fulani militia to oyo state to dethrone kings and chiefs.

Let them go back to their home state and stop the Fulani militia banditary producing killings, maiming, farmlands and farm destruction. L

Let them go to meet buhari instead to stop the Fulani militia operating
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by iyke2frankeze: 5:28am On Feb 16, 2021
There is no alternative to peace.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by four44: 5:49am On Feb 16, 2021
Since when Oyo people had being crying out loud that terrorists Fulanis had being killing them, all of this people say nothing, but when the local decided to take laws into their hand they are running up and down
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by four44: 5:58am On Feb 16, 2021
BosseJ:
Makinde seems overwhelmed. I don't think he has what it takes to be an effective administrator.
that guy and his ogun state counters part are lifeless they are just little bit better than the lifeless one we have in abuja. That is why if u want elect governor in your state do not elect gentle man, we need some body like wike, fayose, gentle man can not deal with the like of terrorists herdsmen we have in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by happney65: 6:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I think the murderers were on both sides.

It is the Soliders that caused further anger amongst the Yorubas.

On Friday night, the Hausas started destroying Youruba properties in Shasha village and its environs under the watchful eyes of the military men.

When Yorubas approach the military men on Saturday morning to complain, the Soliders told them that they were only there to protect the Hausas not the Yorubas.

So Yoruba hoodlums decided to have their own pound of flesh on Saturday in broad daylight.

cc Bitmapstudios
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by akin9ja78(m): 6:48am On Feb 16, 2021
Who dem won retaliate on, They must work more make North look Attractive, I think they need the light no one really wants darkness
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:11am On Feb 16, 2021
Prussian:

Makinde is a very big fool. Aketi should have been at that meeting and at least, Abiodun too.

I don't know how Oyo managed to move from Ajimobi to this bumbling idiot.
I don't know how you lots always blame makinde for a crisis that's happening all over the country.
While I agree that ajimobi handled the internal security of Oyo very well, it's important to note that fulani were not an active terror cell during his reign. Besides, giving the affinity of his godfather and his ambition, it's safe to say ajimobi would have been more pliant to the North if he were governor in dis circumstances.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by henrixx(m): 7:14am On Feb 16, 2021
Prussian:

Makinde is a very big fool. Aketi should have been at that meeting and at least, Abiodun too.

honestly wrong move to receive them all by himself alone
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Brimstone77: 7:16am On Feb 16, 2021
faste:
That shit cannot happen again!We no need their love.
yeah bro as far as south east is concern we don't have any governor.....they are inconsequential....
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Eriokanmi: 7:22am On Feb 16, 2021
Northurmate:

God Bless Northerners
I can see they've paid this buffoon handsomely to post that nonsense. The most violent people on earth are northerners. They don't even forgive. If you like, organise peace committees a million times like they have in kaduna plateau and uther places. This doesn't stop fulani from unleashing terror.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Aketi2: 7:30am On Feb 16, 2021
Notice how this people care for their talakawa in the South?

When will governors, especially the cowards from SE and SS visit their counterparts in the North to complain of killings of Preachers and Traders who refused to allow someone to block their shop entrance in name of performing ablution?
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by femijay8271(m): 7:30am On Feb 16, 2021
lagonovo:

True. History is very important. The Fulanis are cowards and should be ashamed of themselves. You will never see them face you one on one. They will scheme and make sure you are not armed. If you are armed they will scheme and come in the night. They know they can't face the Yorubas, and their usual antics won't work because they have overdone it.

The Yoruba 'cowards' of the west have always been wild but very patient because they prefer peace. You are courting real trouble when you take away peace and owambe parties from a Yorubaman. They are heroic warriors historically.

Let's give peace a chance but the Fulanis hold the key to peace in Nigeria. Stay on your lane with mutual respect. Simple.

Agba Awo!

2 Likes

Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by TooMuchStuff: 7:39am On Feb 16, 2021
hansomb:

Like your family.
Kaci Buran Ubanka! Durin Uwarka
Arne Dan Daudu banza!
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Prussian: 8:00am On Feb 16, 2021
hansomb:
you are the stupid one here by justifying killing of innocent souls.

What of those being killed every day in the North? Their own lives are worth less than rats?
You are incurably foolish and stupid.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Awoleesu(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2021
abalog:
You seem not to understand the game. These people need to be humble this time because every Southerners is now against them. Including some minorities in the north. So, if they don't trend peacefully, it may consume them.
I think you're not on same page with me.
The argument is not about the concurrent issue but a trend.

Let me buttress my point:

*1989 in Kano when Kano boiled post-Bonnke revival program, many southerners were mauled indiscriminately. I can't remember one governor from the south (Many of whom were even seniors in rank to Col. Idris Garba of Kano) either paid a visit to Kano or even engage the Governor.

*2000 in Kaduna - The Shari'a crisis. Again southerners suffered the brunt the worst! Not even the closest governor southward to Kaduna paid a visit. Only OBJ (the then President) did come and mourn...

I can go on and on, but let's juxtapose the situation when the table turned...

*2001, when there was a little ethnic skirmish in Abule Taylor Lagos, Ghali Na'abba threatened all hell to impeach OBJ, Kwankwaso of Kano sent delegates down to alleviate the impact of the crisis on northerners there. The delegation spoke with Tinubu (then governor) "behind close doors"!

* 2014, crisis broke out in Ile-ife involving Hausa vs Yoruba. Kwankwaso travelled down to Ile-Ife ( despite not being a sitting governor) and also paid a call to Raufu in Oshogbo.

Now, peradventure all these cited incidents had fallen into the oblivion of corrupted memory, at least you should be aware of the recent visits by Badaru of Jigawa &co to Ogun state. And here we have another contingent in Oyo state...

Again, I could go on and on, but I suppose these few examples suffice.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by EmekaA125(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2021
Why is Bauchi State governor, Bala Mohammed absent in this meeting?
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Penguin2: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Some corrections...

1...They might appear to come begging but I won't trust those guys with a long spoon... Might be to deliver some ultimatum of sorts.. Here I agree with the gentleman that GSM might be better positioned to have Aketi and the Ogun state gov alongside, after all the most devastation has occurred in those states.. Fayemi should keep welcoming them angry angry

2.. They are not alone.. They've got mercenaries from Futa Jallon to Libya who are for rent to help alongside the Fulani herdsmen.. Surprisingly BH may also provide help in order to buy itself some legitimacy at the bargaining table - - Syria is a case study--1.... It becomes..

as my enemy is your enemy, I'm your friend.

3... I'd be cautious with that narrative.. Crushed No but driven out to the Core North, yes.. Then maybe they are more likely to respect boundaries. And live peaceably with host communities.

4.... Answered with No. 2 response..

The question that resounds within..

Ghana chase you comot, Benin chase you comot, Togo has stylishly done so.....
When will they look inwards and ask where they went wrong

They are never interested in Such introspection.

Because their head is filled up with the thinking that they are invisible and indestructible but they've met their waterloo.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Penguin2: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2021
showafrica:

Yea they were preparing for the final fight to conquer Nigeria by 2022 but Nnamdi Kanu came in between and enlightened everybody, so they know any attempts now to retaliate will lead to disintegration of the zoo hence, the diplomatic approach to buy more time. Don't trust these people, they have an evil agenda though all the agenda are exposed already. Let every region protect herself simple and Fulani should go back to where ever they came from.

That's it.

Self defense is a Natural and constitutional law.

No one will take shit from those marauding Fulanis ever again.

1 Like

Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by idahme(m): 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I think the murderers were on both sides.

It is the Soliders that caused further anger amongst the Yorubas.

On Friday night, the Hausas started destroying Youruba properties in Shasha village and its environs under the watchful eyes of the military men.

When Yorubas approach the military men on Saturday morning to complain, the Soliders told them that they were only there to protect the Hausas not the Yorubas.

So Yoruba hoodlums decided to have their own pound of flesh on Saturday in broad daylight.

If this is what happened after the crisis initiation period, then we don't have military in this country.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Iamgrey5(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
idahme:

If this is what happened after the crisis initiation period, then we don't have military in this country.
That's exactly what happened and it's not the First time.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Donedeal1(m): 9:03am On Feb 16, 2021
Let love leads.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Crayfish09: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2021
niyisky:
It's good they chose the path of peace. They should teach their wards how to live peacefully with others.

No one has monopoly of violence.

So if one man does harm to you, it is okay to kill everyone in his area right? Good to know.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by SmartMen: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2021
Penguin2:
They've seen they do not possess the monopoly of violence and they've come begging.

The north would have done shit to Southerners up north so we finally dissolve this contraption called Nigeria.

The fools know that if they start a civil war now, they will be alone.

Because the SW, SS, SE and MB now see them as common enemy that must be crushed.

Them for do rubbish make I know how their zoo army will be fighting Boko Haram in the North, ESN in SE and Sunday Igboho in SW.

From today, every of their violence would be returned with equal and proportionate violence.

Let's all be mad in this country.

Ndi ala!

My brother, it is because it involves the Yorubas. They know South West is the last wall standing in the South and any mistake to provoke them will be the end of Nigeria. I am not surprised by their approach...
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by walkingshadow911: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2021
hansomb:
you are the stupid one here by justifying killing of innocent souls.

so the dead yoruba cobbler and the pregnant woman are not innocent right and they deserve to be killed by ur brother on their own land. calling you stupid is an insult to all stupid people
ur hypocrisy is high above the sky. i feel like splitting ur throat right now.
it's true you people are not normal human being going about with undeveloped brain cells like dat of the walking dead in aso rock. animals in humans body. reason why ghana, kenya, togo, Benin, tunnies, algeria rejected you. this your bigotry, insincerity, and impunity will definitely consume you . It just a matter of Nigerian time. And the time is now
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Kay25(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2021
shebi dem think say na dem get werey pass ni..u don't know anything yet kudos to ibadan boys we be pacesetters joor
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by Penguin2: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2021
SmartMen:

My brother, it is because it involves the Yorubas. They know South West is the last wall standing in the South and any mistake to provoke them will be the end of Nigeria. I am not surprised by their approach...

Yea u are right actually.

SW has been the gum holding this contraption.

If they lose interest in the union too, then Nigeria is gone.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by hansomb: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
TooMuchStuff:

Kaci Buran Ubanka! Durin Uwarka
Arne Dan Daudu banza!
you the one acting like Arne here. Alabosi.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by olamoses75(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
Prussian:

"bumbling idiot"? Was Seyi the one that invited nothern governors or they came to appeal for their people? Was Aketi not here with Seyi just 2 days ago? You ruin everything by mentioning Ajimobi as if he would have invited the president or order shooting at sight of residents if they refused to stop the violence. Stop bringing poitics in everything. I'm pretty sure you're not even in Oyo state presently. Gov Seyi is trying his best, below is the picture of today's meeting at the Sasa Baale's palace where he said Yoruba will never tolerate anyone that doesn't respect the local law and even order the closure of the newly opened Hausa market at Iroko till further notice, all that was said in the presence of the northern governors and those governors were even begging. I am an eyewitness, and I took pictures with my phone. So, stop saying what you don't have a first class information on.

Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by hansomb: 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2021
Prussian:

What of those being killed every day in the North? Their own lives are worth less than rats?
You are incurably foolish and stupid.
Keep justifying murderers. You are no different to Fulani herdsmen
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by nedu666: 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
Buhari visits lam adeshina to complain about killing of herdsmen even though they were the ones killing farmers

Nothern govs visits makinde to complain about the killing of hausas even though they were the ones that started wahala
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by eagleu: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
When did southern governors go to Kano, and other northern cities after attacks on Igbos and Yourubas?
No life is more precious than the others.
Re: Shasha Crisis: Northern Governors Arrive Oyo, Meet Makinde Behind Closed-Doors by mechanics(m): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2021
Don't know what the governor of Niger State is doing there, when his state is being wrecked by bandits, he's not even bothered, he's a ghost governor as some people do say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Celebrates Peter Odili On His 73rd Birthday (Photo) / Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box / Troops Arrest Boko Haram Logistic Elements & Kids Wearing Their New Uniform(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.