Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job (44632 Views)

Okonjo Iweala: I keep receiving toxic calls and messages / European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by 9jaRealist: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2021
moscobabs:
Stop making enemies, move on madam

Making “enemies” of Trumpists is very good thing.
Moreover, one cannot build global consensus without repudiation Trump’s nationalist demagoguery.
>
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by AnanseK(m): 8:33am On Feb 16, 2021
An overrated woman character-wise. Find out more about her corruption from the finance ministry parastatals.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Judolisco(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

Oga Google can even help you. Always use Google Hahahaha
Google it and show screenshots na arbi u dey fear? Lgbt ko nysc ni
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Feb 16, 2021
lekkyy:
This is not necessary madam, tell us ur plan to move wto forward.

She can do BOTH - they are not mutually exclusive...
Unlike that Dotard who could hardly chew gum and walk at the same time.
>

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by 9jaRealist: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2021
AnanseK:
An overrated woman character-wise. Find out more about her corruption from the finance ministry parastatals.

grin grin grin

Trumpists are always UNINTENTIONAL comedians....
>

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by kingsvictor2: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:
Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.

just like u knew she won't win it, jealousy will keep u poor forever. Poor dirty brown roof entity
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Judolisco(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2021
9jaRealist:

Nope, apples and oranges...

First, Obama did NOT do the “same thing” to Okonjo-Iweala because the Obama administration did not specifically and publicly OPPOSE her candidacy for the World Bank presidency. Rather, the US had its own (US official) candidate contesting for the position, who ended up winning (same as every WB president since the bank’s formation). In contrast, under Trump, not only did the US not have a candidate for the WTO position but the other 163 members had agreed upon NOI as the consensus candidate, until America’s first openly racist president (aka the Orange Insurrectionist) specifically and officially OPPOSED her candidacy. What a douchebag!
>
no difference Obama supported Jim Yong Kim a Korean... Trump also supported a Korean.... The question m asking is was Obama racist?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Mightyhaiz: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2021
Too early for this madam.

Go to work first,acheive some milestones first and then earn urself some rights for this kinda big talk
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by skukimania(f): 8:53am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:
Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.

Where did she brag?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Odianose13(m): 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

She was being interviewed. She must have been asked a question regarding Trump’s interference in her quest. You are just jumping into a hurried conclusion by saying she is bragging.

Saying she can’t go far is rather hateful of you to say.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Odianose13(m): 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
Mightyhaiz:
Too early for this madam.

Go to work first,acheive some milestones first and then earn urself some rights for this kinda big talks

She was being interviewed. She must have been asked a question regarding Trump’s interference in her quest.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by asunaobi(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2021
LagosInter:
Madam that pic there is sub par. See where she placed her lappy.

The table is of low quality.

Again please, you are no longer the finance minister of Naija, kindly start wearing suits.

Thanks and congrats.

Fool! What matters is what she have upstairs. Suit is not African attire. You need to be de -brainwashed.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by vikstandon(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
Flat-heads confused about who to support on this issue.

"Should we back our recently crest-fallen American hero, Donald Donatus Okechukwu Trump?"

"Should we blast Dona and back our Ogwashi-ukwu sister even though she's not completely Igbo, as she's not from any of our 5 SE states?"

Wahala be like Dangote towel ...

You no get sense...So you still credit a woman you married to her family!
She is Igbo...She is from the South-East. Although formally born to a Deltan Parents, she is married to Abia State Man.
So back off nepotist and tribalistic entity!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Odianose13(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2021
Judolisco:
no difference Obama supported Jim Yong Kim a Korean... Trump also supported a Korean.... The question m asking is was Obama racist?

Oga, there was a difference. Read the response from @9jaRealist again.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by iezeiyida(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2021
Such is life Ma. Very surprising things do happen. But, God destined you to make this great great history, and even the opposing leadership of former American President, Donald Trump, couldn't trumph His plans for you, and I'm very happy and thankful to God

Congratulations Ma
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Odianose13(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2021
AnanseK:

After una bring an come Nigeria wan use dirty politics corrupt am. Una say she no get Character. Who u troway, the rest of the world value am. Who get sense so?

This is how we have lost many intellectuals who should have joined to make Nigeria great again. Note we are left with the likes of Adeshina, Onochie and Lai. Enjoy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by asunaobi(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2021
Mental illness is a big problem in Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by mechanics(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Big woman, I can see her with five expensive phones.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by hardbody: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

Oga, I think she was answering questions from journalists.

She is free to speak.

Trump is sadistic

Spot on. That was not a soliloquy. She was indeed responding to questions fielded by journalists.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Wolfeye: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2021
Mokason288:

No body will vote any of Trumps relatives

As long as Trump is attached to the name

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Yes true true..and you are very sure of this from your village armchair all the way in Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by ayusco85(m): 9:13am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

Do you know if she was asked? Why do some people hate hearing the truth? Was it not public knowledge that trump blocked her candidature?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by hardbody: 9:16am On Feb 16, 2021
LagosInter:
Madam that pic there is sub par. See where she placed her lappy.

The table is of low quality.

Again please, you are no longer the finance minister of Naija, kindly start wearing suits.

Thanks and congrats.

Nigerians...very egotistic......

My former Zimbabwean MD once said, I don't care what you come to the office with, just deliver on the job and give me results. I believe it worked for him. Suits don't do the job, the man (or woman) does the job. It may be true that a policy requires that if you have to attend a meeting (on behalf of your organization) you should be dressed in a particular manner, but until there is such a policy, any decent clothing will almost always serve the purpose. While at it, who said it must be suits, why don't the western world wear our style. Always allowing them to feel superior even in spheres where they are not.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by zoghys: 9:22am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

That's no rant, she granted an interview and express her opinion. And as for going far, then you definitely don't know this woman, she will surely make a difference
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Judolisco(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2021
Odianose13:

Oga, there was a difference. Read the response from @9jaRealist again.
during the 2012 race okonjo and Jim Yong Kim were main key runners America supported Jim because he had dual citizenship .... In d 2020 race the same scenario played out d only difference now was that okonjo got a US citizenship in the middle of the race.. Trump got a backlash that he did not support an American citizen and BLM and Biden capitalized on it.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:
I really don't think this is necessary...

You have now been appointed so Move on Ma
Thank God for cheap data.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by sevo(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:

You just made me know your affinity level towards Trump!!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by geemd434: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

Shut up. Mumu. You get humility. Ekpa

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by helpee(m): 9:38am On Feb 16, 2021
9jaRealist:

Nope, apples and oranges...

First, Obama did NOT do the “same thing” to Okonjo-Iweala because the Obama administration did not specifically and publicly OPPOSE her candidacy for the World Bank presidency. Rather, the US had its own (US official) candidate contesting for the position, who ended up winning (same as every WB president since the bank’s formation). In contrast, under Trump, not only did the US not have a candidate for the WTO position but the other 163 members had agreed upon NOI as the consensus candidate, until America’s first openly racist president (aka the Orange Insurrectionist) specifically and officially OPPOSED her candidacy. What a douchebag!
>
it is the same thing. As long as USA don't support you for world Bank top post you can't get it even if all the 200 other nations are Supporting. You cleverly stated here that Obama has his candidate. Trump also has his candidate. What you are now saying that doesn't make sense is that because other 163 member Nations are supporting iweala then trump must abadon his candidate. How does that sound? To both trump and Obama, okonjo wasn't good enough. It has nothing to do with racism. Infact, the candidate of Obama was a surprise. He was practically hand picked by Obama in spite of other nations

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by BigMamaNaija: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2021
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Gireiboy(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:

She was just answering a question, why can't you guys read before you comment for goodness sake,Haba! Intellectual laziness is a truly a disease.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by HimName: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2021
focus7:
And to think that your blodas were the biggest supporters of the same Trump internationally, but as God will have it despite their prayer session and walk for Trump God removed him for you to realize your destiny. That's how God will remove my enemies for me to fulfill my purpose

Amem!

Evil, satanic and demonic blodas supporting a stranger who is against the progress of their sister.

Tufiakwa!

Enemies within.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by GameGod(m): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2021
mmyfarmsltd:
If trump blocked your appointment then biden blocked Yoo Myung-hee appointment too.
Politics every where.
How? 163 members voted for NOI. Yoo myung was out voted. Guy use your sense na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Mbah, Enugu PDP Governorship Candidate, Kneels To Beg Residents For Votes / Bayelsa Residents Break Into Warehouse, Steal 2022 Flood Palliatives / Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.