Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period (11725 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by HalpyBee(f): 10:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Easter loading
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:
I am Catholic but i stopped all dese cos Catholic church have been compromised by corrupt leaders..
I have left religion for you pple.
It now seem like a scam to me
ehya

But your absence wasnt even noticed

11 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Henix(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2021
Vardanes2:

I will call you if you stake your parent's, siblings and fiancee s lifesavings on this your game and win big

Infact take a loan of 30 million naira from the bank.and stake it on this your game

Don't forget to post proof.

If you can't please stop disturbing us

That guy is fond of making mockery of himself on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by SmartPolician: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2021
Queenlovely:
I am now an atheist

Why?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Tosic007(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:
I am Catholic but i stopped all dese cos Catholic church have been compromised by corrupt leaders..
You're not a Catholic or maybe forcing yourself to be one but sorry my dear Catholic ain't for pipo like u. Go and worship Buddha. Who cares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by neyorlmogzy(m): 10:56am On Feb 17, 2021
hod132:
100% sure bet. 9ja game available

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 7 0 8 5 7 9 9 3 5 4
Be like you be Agent for this evil people ba

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by 99thEnemy(m): 10:58am On Feb 17, 2021
I haven't received ash yet oh!

This reminds me. Will go for Mass in the evening.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Tosic007(m): 10:59am On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=Tectono post=99152002]How did Jesus that never existed resurrect? It is just a Jewish concocted story. When you study the Kabbalah, you will understand this. Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making milons of naira as profit from export business. [/qute]. Well we have many people that bears the name Jesus. We have Gabriel Jesus of Man city and Jesus Navas of Sevilla, well urs is jus Jesus. Jesus Christ is my savior invade you don't know. My Dear too much of weed consumption is dangerous to health. Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by 99thEnemy(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2021
JaneYave:
So no more drumming in catholic churches and less meat eating now?

As for no meat eating for me, Its just on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday oh!

I don't fast and I love meat wella.... grin

Especially suya and kilishi grin

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Tosic007(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2021
Tectono:
How did Jesus that never existed resurrect? It is just a Jewish concocted story. When you study the Kabbalah, you will understand this. Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira as profit from export business.
Well we have many people that bears the name Jesus. We have Gabriel Jesus of Man city and Jesus Navas of Sevilla, well urs is jus Jesus. Jesus Christ is my savior invade you don't know. My Dear too much of weed consumption
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by ArticleBeast: 11:05am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:
But you didn't leave your university because a lecturer slept with a student or they collect bribes.

Are you truly wise?

5 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by 99thEnemy(m): 11:06am On Feb 17, 2021
Tosic007:
You're not a Catholic or maybe forcing yourself to be one but sorry my dear Catholic ain't for pipo like u. Go and worship Buddha. Who cares

Exactly...
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Fernandeswagger(m): 11:10am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Come back to the church. You don't worship the corrupt leaders, they are everywhere not just the Catholic Church. It's God you worship. Whatever happens use this lenten period to pray and possibly fast. Attend Mass as much as possible, God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Babathanks(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Na mumu u be
Idiot �������, the church does not need mumu person or a fucking Protestant like you
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Babathanks(m): 11:14am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Na mumu u be
Idiot �������, the church does not need mumu person or a fucking Protestant like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:17am On Feb 17, 2021
Fernandeswagger:

Come back to the church. You don't worship the corrupt leaders, they are everywhere not just the Catholic Church. It's God you worship. Whatever happens use this lentern period to pray and possibly fast. Attend Mass as much as possible, God bless you.
That's why i hate religion, they have set everything in place to counter our reasoning...
Knowing fully well what is happening and still going there makes me uncomfortable!

Anytime I question things of the church they say "DON'T QUESTION GOD".
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Lamasta(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2021
Jesus fasted for 40 days and was led by the spirit...

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2021
ArticleBeast:

But you didn't leave your university because a lecturer slept with a student or they collect bribes.

Are you truly wise?
You are not the wise one..
School is not a religious entity, so I expect all form of atrocities.
Church is a religious entity hence, it shuld be free from atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 17, 2021
Tectono:
How did Jesus that never existed resurrect? It is just a Jewish concocted story. When you study the Kabbalah, you will understand this. Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira as profit from export business.
........funny enough,someday you will get to discover that he existed and still existing,if not here then on the other side......no amount of argument or denial will make his existence go away because he is already dwelling with existence itself.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2021
Organicist95:
ehya

But your absence wasnt even noticed
At least am at ease with myself...
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by PrinceMajestic: 11:24am On Feb 17, 2021
Lol, how does ash Wednesday, Salah, Easter etc affect the Nigerian economy and national security of this country? You all will never learn that is why you die stupidly because you prioritize stupid things.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2021
Tosic007:
Didn't bother reading ur trash.
I was a mass server for notice.
The atrocities in Catholic is now alarming.
I too dnt need Catholic church for anything.
I cannot be associated with a compromised entity.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by jaroly(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2021
Happy Ash Wednesday to all the Christian faithful.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2021
Babathanks:

Na mumu u be
I dnt need the church either...
After Sunday mass, Y'all go out to commit all sort of atrocities..
Religion is useless... Very useless.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Fernandeswagger(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

That's why i hate religion, they have set everything in place to counter our reasoning...
Knowing fully well what is happening and still going there makes me uncomfortable!

Anytime I question things of the church they say "DON'T QUESTION GOD".

I agree with you to some extent. But remember in every twelve there's a Judas, there's day and night, white and black, good and bad...it's an endless list. You can't paint every leader in the church with the same brush. The leaders are mere mortals, so they are susceptible to errors. Focus on God and not the church leaders.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Tosic007(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Didn't bother reading ur trash.
I was a mass server for notice.
The atrocities in Catholic is now alarming.
I too dnt need Catholic church for anything.
I cannot be associated with a compromised entity.
. Too much of Weed consumption is dangerous to health.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2021
Fernandeswagger:

I agree with you to some extent. But remember in every twelve there's a Judas, there's day and night, white and black, good and bad...it's an endless list. You can't paint every leader in the church with the same brush. The leaders are mere mortals, so they are susceptible to errors. Focus on God and not the church leaders.
God is OMNIPRESENT that makes him accessible from any point and at any minute.
As for religion, I have given up.
90% of Christains, Muslims, Pastors,Priest, Imams etc are evil...
So I think it's high time i face reality.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by uthlaw: 11:58am On Feb 17, 2021
Authoreety:
I Hope Muslims, atheists and whatever won't be able to comment here under Nairaland laws
comment about what,only one set of Christian do Ash Wednesday (Catholics),the rest don't, Jesus never did it... infact he was not a Christian,I can prove but if you can prove otherwise!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Joseph08(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
After Valentine's fvcking many go still put cross sign for their forehead as ash Wednesday grin

God have mercy!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Fernandeswagger(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

God is OMNIPRESENT that makes him accessible from any point and at any minute.
As for religion, I have given up.
90% of Christains, Muslims, Pastors,Priest, Imams etc are evil...
So I think it's high time i face reality.

You are very correct that God is Omnipresent. But remember where two or three are gathered in my name, I am among them. Mathew 18:20. It's still necessary to worship God in the presence of other brethrens.
Another thing, do not judge so you won't be judged. Mathew 7:1. Leave that part for God.

Like I said earlier, just focus on God. God bless you.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
optimus106:
THE ASH WEDNESDAY THING IS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE.
Not everything was written in the Bible we carry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Celebrates His 52nd Birthday Today / Why People Are Atheists? / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.