Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period (11727 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:
Didn't bother reading ur trash. I was a mass server for notice. The atrocities in Catholic is now alarming. I too dnt need Catholic church for anything. I cannot be associated with a compromised entity.
What atrocities? Maybe I could help with something
Where your heart is, external disturbance is not an issue
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by kiddkash(m): 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
ikorodureporta:
What's the significance of not eating meat??

na sin to chop meat??!

who even bring this kyne law
you go die if you no chop mat today?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Stockquality: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Catholics are hell bound.. doctrine of man. Ash wednesday kor,rainy season ni.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by poweredcom(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
All I know say today na Ashewo Wednesday

But this year own enter fasly ok I use to think it come every march
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by iokpebholo: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Stockquality:
Catholic-ds are hell bound.. doctrine of man. Ash wednesday kor,rainy season ni.
So allowing ur pastor to fool u is heaven bound abiLet me disappoint u sir ur pastor is a business man and he is making money from u guys forget all those jargons he feed u with every Sunday.........Let me even ask u:d bible u claim to know do u know how it came aboutEven ur pastor doesn't know so stop saying what's beyond ur understanding pls
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Alexaonfleek: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
Joseph08:
After Valentine's fvcking many go still put cross sign for their forehead as ash Wednesday grin

God have mercy!
What is it?
So they should not try to repent of their sins because of assistant Jesus like you
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Alexaonfleek: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
Stockquality:
Catholics are hell bound.. doctrine of man. Ash wednesday kor,rainy season ni.
werey cheesy
Gatekeeper of hell himself
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Kelvin3476: 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
Tectono:
How did Jesus that never existed resurrect? It is just a Jewish concocted story. When you study the Kabbalah, you will understand this. Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira as profit from export business.
EWU GO AND MAKE IT ALONE
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Kelvin3476: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Authoreety:
I Hope Muslims, atheists and whatever won't be able to comment here under Nairaland laws
Islams are free to comment on christians related topic ,but we xtians cant. MR SEUN MAKE EVERYTHNG HERE EQUAL ,AND NT BIASED

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by herich(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
thor=ArticleBeast post=99152776]
But you didn't leave your university because a lecturer slept with a student or they collect bribes.

Are you truly wise? [/quote]

School is an official ground (worldly environment) church is a religious ground, which require 100% morality.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Fernandeswagger:

You are very correct that God is Omnipresent. But remember where two or three are gathered in my name, I am among them. Mathew 18:20. It's still necessary to worship God in the presence of other brethrens.
Another thing, do not judge so you won't be judged. Mathew 7:1. Leave that part for God.

Like I said earlier, just focus on God. God bless you.
Thats why i say religion is scam...
It contradicts itself...
Well! Good luck to y'all
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

What atrocities?
Maybe I could help with something

Where your heart is, external disturbance is not an issue
Okay.. i dnt want to go into the fornicating and Adultery instances on the part of the REVs.
If u know Holy Family Catholic Church Festac Town, Lagos. You would see that the building was demolished and the be rebuilt but it today that project has not been possible because the church leaders looted all the money for the projects.. some ran away to other countries ..
What can you say abt this scenerio
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by solostar1: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Okay.. i dnt want to go into the fornicating and Adultery instances on the part of the REVs.
If u know Holy Family Catholic Church Festac Town, Lagos. You would see that the building was demolished and the be rebuilt but it today that project has not been possible because the church leaders looted all the money for the projects.. some ran away to other countries ..

Hope your don quit being a Nigerian because there is some many atrocities in this country. Those at the corridors of power has loot, embezzled the treasury dry (and are still doing it)
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

I stayed at Lagos (pre-teen) and attended an outstation. It wasn't that beautiful but, it's okay to attend a Mass. St Benedict Udu, Delta. Even the priest support and do donations too and every other members. We contributed (including labour and skills) to make a much larger church.
Looting is bad and it's based on each individual action not the Catholic Church herself.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
solostar1:

Hope your don quit being a Nigerian because there is some many atrocities in this country. Those at the corridors of power has loot, embezzled the treasury dry (and are still doing it)

Mehn.. you guys re jst something else...
A church is a religious entity and shuld be free frm all those atrocities
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

I stayed at Lagos (pre-teen) and attended an outstation. It wasn't that beautiful but, it's okay to attend a Mass. St Benedict Udu, Delta. Even the priest support and do donations too and every other members. We contributed (including labour and skills) to make a much larger church.
Looting is bad and it's based on each individual action not the Catholic Church herself.
Maybe that's delta...
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Sleekfingers: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
BigDick70inch:
Thank God for Jesus Christ.......
The world wud have been chaotic.......

Jux like Muslims/islam r trying to make it......

who be jesus? That bloody jew man that was parade naked like a criminal.....abeg talk another thing....
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by BigDick70inch(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
[s]
Sleekfingers:

who be jesus? That bloody jew man that was parade naked like a criminal.....abeg talk another thing....
[/s]

Tis be such a long time a traded words with a insane........

I wouldn't pick it up again now.......
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Sleekfingers: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
BigDick70inch:
[s][/s]
Tis be such a long time a traded words with a insane........
I wouldn't pick it up again now.......

you for try am....make sango fire that your fingers
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by BigDick70inch(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Sleekfingers:

you for try am....make sango fire that your fingers

cheesy cheesy
Why ona no call Ogun??
Ode ni e.....
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by ofiko123(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Happy Ash Wednesday to all nairalanders...
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by solostar1: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

Mehn.. you guys re jst something else...
A church is a religious entity and shuld be free frm all those atrocities

Oga, it been awhile I have gone to church but you have to be realistic in LIFE.

The church is part of the society and it will be stupid to think that the church will be different. Abi nobi the same Nigerians be church members.

A corrupt society will birth corrupt church members, corrupt leaders, corrupt citizen, corrupt law enforcement, corrupt .....

So be realistic you live in a corrupt society period
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Joseph08(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
What is it?
So they should not try to repent of their sins because of assistant Jesus like you

One of them spotted grin
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by kizonero(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=ArticleBeast post=99152776]
But you didn't leave your university because a lecturer slept with a student or they collect bribes.

Are you truly wise?

Don't mind that Guy. He will be arrested very soon. Remember the story of Paul
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by kizonero(m): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

God is OMNIPRESENT that makes him accessible from any point and at any minute.
As for religion, I have given up.
90% of Christains, Muslims, Pastors,Priest, Imams etc are evil...
So I think it's high time i face reality.

Do not judge my friend! Why not Allow God to be the judge here. Do not use your mouth and condemn yourself. God can be merciful but don't push to see the other side of him. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by kizonero(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=Joseph08 post=99154689]After Valentine's fvcking many go still put cross sign for their forehead as ash Wednesday grin

God have mercy! [/quote

Is that your definition of St. Valentine's Day?

Do you even know the history of it?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Babathanks(m): 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
crismark:

I dnt need the church either...
After Sunday mass, Y'all go out to commit all sort of atrocities..
Religion is useless... Very useless.
nobody is perfect sir, it’s only God, Jesus and Virgin Mary that are perfect. You don’t have the right to use some people lifestyle to decide your atheist agenda, I’m not gonna encourage you to come back to the church because you are old enough to make your decision but I still wish you could!!! �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️���
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Jman24(m): 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
Babathanks:
nobody is perfect sir, it’s only God, Jesus and Virgin Mary that are perfect. You don’t have the right to use some people lifestyle to decide your atheist agenda, I’m not gonna encourage you to come back to the church because you are old enough to make your decision but I still wish you could!!! �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️���

So can we now say religion is man made, since nobody is perfect?

Because your same good book says "be ye perfect for your heavenly father is perfect"
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by crismark(m): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
kizonero:

Do not judge my friend! Why not Allow God to be the judge here. Do not use your mouth and condemn yourself. God can be merciful but don't push to see the other side of him. A word is enough for the wise
This is what religion uses to brainwash it followers.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by Joseph08(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=kizonero post=99169540][/quote]

Maybe you should educate me professor of Nairaland
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period by kizonero(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
Joseph08:

Maybe you should educate me professor of Nairaland

Prof of nairaland?

How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Celebrates His 52nd Birthday Today / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? / Why People Are Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.