Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns (29135 Views)

Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by 2016v2017: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
Esseite:
Nigeria... where looters turn Heros with motivational speeches.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by juman(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
One nigeria is not good for the masses.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
bigfish3k:

I am surprised seeing you type this

I thought you were against me a while ago when I was trying to convince you that Nigeria can never work the way it is structured

I don’t remember you but maybe as is often the case people hear what they want to hear. I don’t believe in Nigeria. Full stop! It’s not a question of structure. We had the same structure many are calling for and guess what?......it didn’t work and eventually led to a coup and civil war.

I implore you to read as much as you can about Nigerian political actors since the early 1900s. From the days of Herbert Macaulay, through to the formation of the NYM, to the struggle for independence and the actions afterwards at least up till the civil war.

If you do without any ethnic bias, I believe you will come to the same conclusion. Nigeria cannot work as a country, If it couldn’t work then, it won’t work now restructure or no restructure!

My parents always said a lazy man grumbles about his tools. The same reason Nigeria did not work then is the same reason it isn’t working now and will not work under any system except possibly a true confederation ...the people are too different ideologically, socially, politically and culturally to work together without distrust!!

We really have nothing in common with each other!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Kingspin(m): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
A challenge Buhari and his APC brothers brought into Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by chachauche(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
Rugaria:
The major project in a country should be to advance the course of social development and to ensure the upliftment of the living standards of the citizens! A country shouldn't be all about keeping it together, killing and maiming to guarantee it's existence, to the extent the existence of the country becomes even more important than the existence and quality of lives of the citizens! The contract is that the state serves the people, and the people fight for the state! A useless country is actually the worst curse to her citizens! The country exists for the citizens not the other way round. In essence, the importance of the country depends on the usefulness of such union to the human beings living in the country.

But here, in this convulsing amalgam, we always talk about Nigeria like an abstract! As if the country exists alone or in a vacuum. It's as if Nigeria is god.., some kind of deity that deserves daily obeisance, irrespective of its alarming shortcomings... Nobody queries the obviously utter uselessness of the country to her bemused citizens.. We fought to keep it one, die everyday to keep it one, struggle to keep it one, yet our lives get worse everyday! If the country can't help improve the quality of lives of the citizens and can't advance the course of social justice, what's the essence of it's tortuous existence then? Or are we going to fight another war to reinvent a false union that only works for a totally corrupt bunch of criminal elite?
watch how he avoided calling out General Buhari for his gross mismanagement of what's left for him of the country by previous administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by bigfish3k: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
isthatso:

I don’t remember you but maybe as is often the case people hear what they want to hear. I don’t believe in Nigeria. Full stop! It’s not a question of structure. We had the same structure many are calling for and guess what?......it didn’t work and eventually led to a coup and civil war.

I implore you to read as much as you can about Nigerian political actors since the early 1900s. From the days of Herbert Macaulay, through to the formation of the NYM, to the struggle for independence and the actions afterwards at least up till the civil war.

If you do without any ethnic bias, I believe you will come to the same conclusion. Nigeria cannot work as a country, If it couldn’t work then, it won’t work now restructure or no restructure!

My parents always said a lazy man grumbles about his tools. The same reason Nigeria did not work then is the same reason it isn’t working now and will not work under any system except possibly a true confederation ...the people are too different ideologically, socially, politically and culturally to work together without distrust!!

We really have nothing in common with each other!
Truth.
Exactly what I have been preaching because me I hate deceit.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by poseidon12: 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
Rugaria:
The major project in a country should be to advance the course of social development and to ensure the upliftment of the living standards of the citizens! A country shouldn't be all about keeping it together, killing and maiming to guarantee it's existence, to the extent the existence of the country becomes even more important than the existence and quality of lives of the citizens! The contract is that the state serves the people, and the people fight for the state! A useless country is actually the worst curse to her citizens! The country exists for the citizens not the other way round. In essence, the importance of the country depends on the usefulness of such union to the human beings living in the country.

But here, in this convulsing amalgam, we always talk about Nigeria like an abstract! As if the country exists alone or in a vacuum. It's as if Nigeria is god.., some kind of deity that deserves daily obeisance, irrespective of its alarming shortcomings... Nobody queries the obviously utter uselessness of the country to her bemused citizens.. We fought to keep it one, die everyday to keep it one, struggle to keep it one, yet our lives get worse everyday! If the country can't help improve the quality of lives of the citizens and can't advance the course of social justice, what's the essence of it's tortuous existence then? Or are we going to fight another war to reinvent a false union that only works for a totally corrupt bunch of criminal elite?

Well said. You just summarized what Nigeria really is.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by geedrone: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
You guys are dulling. what I mean is that disintegration of Nigeria is the prayer of every well meaning Nigerian. you guys misunderstood me

My response to your comment was like seconding you. lol

It’s hard to see any well meaning Nigerian, especially from the south, who will be against splintering Nigeria into more manageable countries, the Czechoslovakia type.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Sagay212: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
The useless politicians are warning because they are the ones enjoying and looting the country dry. Unfortunately for the masses , these evil politicians have enough dollars hidden for themselves and will be quick to flee the country when the problem starts. That's why nigerians need to stop being stupi.d and acting da.ft. face the politicians causing you hardship and take them out. Put that fear in them so they understand that politics is for serving the people and not making them poor by looting.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Ashinze: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
I don't know why we southerners are have sympathy on this bandit and Boko Haram activities in the north, this northerners are same people with Niger Rep and Chad. My advice to the south is protect yourself ooooo, until you northerners start counting the southern nigeria as part of nigeria and stop counting Niger Rep and Chad as nigeria you people will never have peace
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by mentored: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
duro4chang:
Let us sit together and have a discussion wether we can stay together or not.

u wan sit with who?

Fulani?

Una greeeee hear word

La karma la bitch

when buhari never discover oil finish?

2023 is not too far

mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Shattuck(m): 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
Rugaria:

this piece is absolutely brilliant, I love how you captured Nigeria in words, guess this old men can't seem to understand that the so called unity might be the problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by budusky05(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
He should continue sponsoring banditory just because buhari stopped his illegal gold mine
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Emyogalanya: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
Daprinxy:
.....In all the happenings in Nigeria,this is the best answer to that and I've been trying to create out chance to write on this particular reasons they have failed to retaliate over there in the north because if it happens to be before,retaliation might have started in the north since..well,they are afraid of break up and every reasonable southerner is praying for them to retaliate, so that Nigeria will come to an end buh they saw through it and have been calm to retaliate since....buh,mark my word,Nigeria don't have much time again and it certainly must break up sooner than later and believe me,God have signed that and the way it will happen,the northerners wouldn't see it coming!!!!gracias::::
they know it just one anti south riot or anti christian riot will lead to outright war. And that war will end this country. Just like yinka odumakin once said that "the coalition that fought the biafra war has collapsed for ever "
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Nestoville(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
Postmortem.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by x123xlolls(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
sulaak:

It has a lot of advantages. The culture of sharing will be replaced with a culture of producing

1. The North will return to agriculture, apparel, and agro-industries to sell their product to the South earning millions of dollars. The culture of sharing will be replaced with a culture of producing.

2. Electricity, water, and rail infrastructure development will be much easier to implement.

3. There will be healthy economic competition between regions, as was the case between 1952 to 1966.

Thanks.... thats good observation .... Plus millions untold...
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by criuze(m): 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
The worn Nigeria,

I've warned you Igbos are not longer part if it

karl marx called it allienated, they are in the state of total allianation and can give anything to see their body completely excised from the hold

Igbos have left Nigeria long time ago, they are only hoping to pick out their properties
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 18, 2021
2mch:
Nigeria does not exist legally, morally or ethically. What Nigeria are you talking about? The one where the president is openly bigoted and allows his kinsmen to kill other Nigerians? The president who is incompetent and was chased away the first time came again to foist his incompetence on us again. Nigeria must be divided. Our fore fathers in their wisdom knew that Nigeria is a country of many nations, they created regions. But you badly educated and daft military people created this crazy contraption of deaths and broken dreams. You are still fighting g for one Nigeria. Abdulsalami, when will you return the money you stole? Useless criminal and thief. You should keep shut!
Abdusalami looted billions of dollars before he handed over power to OBJ. How owns oil blocks and a four power disco's.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/16/abdulsalamis-company-captures-four-power-discos/

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by showafrica(m): 1:23am On Feb 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Thanks bro... The useless country now looks like deity. Since the high priests in the north must kill to keep the deity alive, another war is inevitable. That blood the Nigeria demands all the time to remain united will soon seize to flow and it will start attacking her priests. Foolish blackman keep defending what he didn't create with ak47.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by showafrica(m): 1:28am On Feb 18, 2021
hotwax:
I created a thread about why northerners didn't want to avenge ibadan attacks.

They are afraid of breakup. They are aware of the anger

Exactly but they are just weighing if the matter will die down somehow, if it continues with the same energy, they are likely to deploy the janjaweedss to do the last fighting.
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by calcal: 1:47am On Feb 18, 2021
x123xlolls:
As a full northern citizen by birth... Disintegration means nothing for me.

It has its advantages. So lets rock.

DUK WANI SAKARAI DAKE GANIN CEWA KAMAR MU BAMA SO NE TO YAYI MISTAKE. DOMIN KILA SHINE ALKHAIRI

OYEAH, GOOD WELCOME TO OUR CLUB
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by seguno2: 4:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Nasir123:
The security agencies are already over streched.

The Police are on the road doing their most lucrative business by collecting money and intimidating the people. While the Army are on their daily unprofessional and misbehaving conduct with the Nigeria common man.
All this is happening while the so call president sits in ACs comfortably and sipping the most sophisticated wine in the World,all with tax payers money.

It shall never be well with Nigeria Politicians.

Please will it be well with us Nigerians for allowing the politicians to be in public office?
Abi the politicians were not ordinary people like us before before
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by x123xlolls(m): 6:28am On Feb 18, 2021
calcal:

OYEAH, GOOD WELCOME TO OUR CLUB

Let them learn...
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigeria comes to stay
The more we realise this,the better for us

I am Northerner,not parasite
I dream of Great Nigeria
One day,our common oppressors will be punished
I am ready to die assisting the Messiah, whenever he emerges
China,India,USA and SA are still breathing
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by femijay8271(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
gimakon:

Of course we are. People way day use cow piss baff , day rape women and girls, and do sodomy with men. In the end kill them, Or the one if you tell them something "Hey this is not good", them go use speed go burn church. Shay e make sense like so?

Too many things brought about these things. Its best we lead separate ways and put visa regulations on ourselves. Someone like Me , Fulani should get ready, if i become president , the Highest visa they would get is 5 days valid visa (Business Visas) for $25,500 as Visa Application fee , Handling and Caution fees to be paid to government. And the visa will take several weeks to process say 5 - 13 weeks. The visa application will be scrutinized in such a way that all documents they provided will be re-verified by their government and if one thing is false, that $25,550 them fit loose am. All re-verified copies will come from their government bodies and it must match according to what the person submitted for visa application.

They do not go to school, neither do they want to work, so no study permit or Work permit for them, nothing like even residence permit as well.
Just buy what you want and go. So since most of them can apply to buy goods from the other country, let them do so, and in 5 days they leave the country immediately. Otherwise my government will detain them and they pay deportation + Air ticket Fees (Which will run into several thousand dollars too, starting from $150,000 depending on numbers of days they overstay). And if they cannot pay Nko, relax, na life jail sentence for underground prison for attempting to overstay in my country illegally. Which is a grave offence. The end goal is - I don't want Fulani in my country so anyone coming, and they have ulterior motives, should forget it. They should stay in Arewa.

Since they want to really be treated like animals , I will be of help smiley

you are such a nice person with this...if na me, I go tame every Fulani as Donald trump take tame Iran without giving a fucck
Re: Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
femijay8271:

you are such a nice person with this...if na me, I go tame every Fulani as Donald trump take tame Iran without giving a fucck

lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay / Nigerians Mock INEC With #Inconclusive On Twitter / I Am The Next President Of Nigeria – Pastor Tunde Bakare (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.