Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? (19482 Views)

Urgent Advise Needed On Best Jeep To Buy With Budget Of 1.4M / Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by xcolanto(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2007
man if u gat box buy a new x5 jeep a 4.4 liter engine!! then the roads wont be a problem or go for a range rover very good for bad roads but u need a steady maintance for these two cars so its better of buying them brand new!!!!!
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by AkinCREATV(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2007
i think i kind of like Ford V8 explorer, check out the 2002 Ford explorer, v8 engine oh my GOD that a moving machine, and guess what it is affordable, rELATIVELY CHEAP

http://www.americanprideautomotive.com/catalog/images/A0032-2.jpg&imgrefurl

3Driver Air Bag; 3Passenger Air Bag; A/C; AM/FM Stereo; CD Changer; CD Player; 4-Wheel ABS; Cruise Control; Four Wheel Drive; Power Door Locks; Power Driver Seat; Leather Seats; Power Steering; Adjustable Steering Wheel; Aluminum Wheels; Power Windows; Side Head Air Bag; Rear A/C; Power Tilt/Sliding Sunroof; 12 Months/12,000 Mile Warranty on Engine and Transmission

Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by harakiri(m): 3:27am On Apr 29, 2010
The best "jeep" for Nigerian roads are Cadillac escalade lorry and range rover station wagon.Also, honda sport HSE comes in handy!
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by jujukemist(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2010
this Ivey guy you impress me with your engineering offensive.
the Japanese are the most reliable.Personally I will any day go for a nissan exterra,the offroad spec, with hill assist mechanism,gas filled shocks-theoretically it can last forever.9.1 inch ground clearance,skidplates,even the benin lagos road will be embarrased.
Very cheap to maintain,clone alot from the pathfinder,and a lot cheaper cool
Gosh! how can somebody talk about CVT for a 4x4-thats an engineering inequity
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by AlagbaD: 4:37am On May 15, 2010
I learnt that Rav4 use to have transmission problem especially the Automatic transmission type, please how tru is this because I intend getting one very very soon.
Re: The Best Jeep For Nigerian Roads? by KunleA2(m): 6:13am On May 15, 2010
Alagba D:

I learnt that Rav4 use to have transmission problem especially the Automatic transmission type, please how tru is this because I intend getting one very very soon.

[b]The answer to your question is yes and no. 2001-2003 RAV4 have a small issue with the transmission control module. The computer brainbox that controls the transmission. Every now and then they tend to malfunction and since they control the actual transmission, the problem start.

What is needed is that you take it to a reputable shop and they will reboot/reprogram/reflash the brainbox and you will be fine. But you have to keep doing it when it goes crazy. Sort of like restarting your computer when it freezes up.

The alternative is that you can get a manual transmission (only for 2001-2003) to avoid the problem. OR Get 2004 and above (those don't have that problem.) Or better still get like a highlander. A 2001/2002 Highlander should run you about N2m-N2.2m depending on specs and neatness.

A 2001-2003 will be running from N1.8-N2.3m depending on mileage and neatness. This will be a clean title with no accident history.

You can definitely sent us a note if you don't mind to pre-order from the US. Our contact is: promise72@yahoo.com

Good luck in your search.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm / 10 Ways To Save Fuel For Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.