Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) (43875 Views)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bird? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by excell1997(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
No work
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Tonyx5(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
leisuretym:
Mr Man, don't bring another birdflu Ebola to Nigeria, that bird is sick of another kind of virus, go and sanitize your hand and phone, seun , tell the mods to sanitize front page pls.
swears my g...wtf
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by NaijaCover(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
What a poor bird

1 Like

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Machini(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:
So I just found this young bird by the corner of my house. Obviously, it fell from a nest very high on a tree beside my house.

The mother has been flying around the place but it doesn't look like there's much she can do for the little bird.

Is there anything I can do to help it too apart from climbing up to the nest to put it back there. That's not even an option because the tree is too tall.

Anybody know anything else I can do?

It looks so innocent and has been sleeping all through.

Hope say nobi village people come so? smiley

Learn from Mira's story

https://www.nairaland.com/6281705/little-chick-found-doesnt-want
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Adebowalay(m): 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
na lie o...na ur village people...the werey dey disguise...�
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by babestella: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
Swallow it so that you can fly to "Amelica".

grin grin grin
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by kzubyar(m): 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:
So I just found this young bird by the corner of my house. Obviously, it fell from a nest very high on a tree beside my house.

The mother has been flying around the place but it doesn't look like there's much she can do for the little bird.

Is there anything I can do to help it too apart from climbing up to the nest to put it back there. That's not even an option because the tree is too tall.

my brother just keep it incasee them Barned you from Twitter you might used the bird they Twit's
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by MakyavelitheDon(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:

She's too small, she can't fly. Even if u leave her where you found her nothing can be done. Her mother can't carry her back to the nest.
So you'll have to improvise.
Gather some dry grass and dry leaves and make a makeshift nest.
Get some breadcrumbs and maybe some guineacorn and try to feed her. If she eats then it's a good sign.
If she doesn't eat then thats a bad sign and it means she'll probably die in a few days. In any case just try what I said if she dies she dies. God knows you tried yr best. Nature can be cruel

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by TempleHouse: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
FEED HER
WRAP IN HAND TOWEL
WARM HER
FEED HER WITH LITTLE WORMS
RELEASE HER AFTER ONE WEEK
YOU'LL GO TO PARADISE
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Hassan88(m): 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pharaoh let my people gooooo
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Hassan88(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Are you a Nigerian?
If Yes,
That's Meat for you,
And if No,
Let the bird Go.
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Makebitcoin: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
Set it free
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Idzitari1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
Built a partial nest for it
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by baski92(m): 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
Josnac:
smiley
Please, check under its ring wing..there's a letter there from the village people's committee chairlady., Remember you missed the last meeting.

Cheers grin
lol
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by skinny419(m): 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
HopeVictor:
Keep it...by three months time it will be ready for consumption
consumption kee u dere.. .ur hungry eeh na excess
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by ShoeShineGuy: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
Poor weaver bird. Unfortunately, there's little you can do as it's too young to fly! It depends solely on the parents at this stage for survival.
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Bullman(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:

Its called a weaver Bird
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Foodqueen(f): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
It didn't fall off, it mother throw it out to see if it can fly.
Don't allow lizard see it on, they will carry it away.only God knows if those reptiles consume it or they just play with it.
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Patented: 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2021
If you can put it back in the nest. Looks like a weaver but I am not sure. U can feed it small seeds till it matures and can fly. That should take another 2 weeks or so max
IWillRiseAgain:

1 Like

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by beatzap: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
Train am bro
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by illicit(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Beautiful bird. For you to have shown great care for her, that means you probably want to see her grow under your care. Trust me, it's a very nice experience.
You know what, Locate all these herb sellers. We called them "Elewe omo" in yoruba. Buy her a nest. Ask the Elewe omo the food such bird eat. They will definitely know as they deal with birds. Put her in the nest and hang her around somewhere in your compound and watch her beautifully grow up. It's a nice experience. Trust me, all the very best!

But it's not nice to cage a bird....

They are meant to be free
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by iceberylin(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Beautiful bird. For you to have shown great care for her, that means you probably want to see her grow under your care. Trust me, it's a very nice experience.
You know what, Locate all these herb sellers. We called them "Elewe omo" in yoruba. Buy her a nest. Ask the Elewe omo the food such bird eat. They will definitely know as they deal with birds. Put her in the nest and hang her around somewhere in your compound and watch her beautifully grow up. It's a nice experience. Trust me, all the very best!
Yes nice experience for you, how about the caged bird? You ever thought About how they feel?
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by ElValiente(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=IWillRiseAgain post=99161186]So I just found this young bird by the corner of my house. Obviously, it fell from a nest very high on a tree beside my house.

Hope say nobi village people come so? smiley[/quote on]. The universe sent you an angel. Pls take care of it. Give the bird milk. Ground corn to smaller particule. Keep the bird warm. As it's growing get her cage.
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by roGF22(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Baby Weaver bird learning how to fly...

1 Like

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by offset67(m): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
kill it
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:

How? I should just drop it on the ground?

It can't even fly.
It's a baby.
It fell from the nest of a tree.
It isn't strong enough to fly yet.
You will have to feed it till it gets bigger and stronger. Then it will fly away..
If not, it is just going to die. Simple.
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
Emmasteev:
This is EGA bird

If it's Ega. It's a taboo in Yorubaland to keep it. They believe any home it enters scatters. Husband divorcing the wife, the children disowning their parents. grin
Na all Fake belief though, but that's what Yoruba culture says .

Ega fenu kole, Ega fenu tuu

Meaning ; Ega that builds its house with the mouth, na the same mouth e go use scatter am.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
Patented:
If you can put it back in the nest. Looks like a weaver but I am not sure. U can feed it small seeds till it matures and can fly. That should take another 2 weeks or so max
No need to put it back in nest.
Its brothers and sisters were stronger and they flew away. The mum has found her level and will not come back to the nest again.
So basically only option is for OP to feed it as you said
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
offset67:
kill it
What a brave man you are.
Once you are bigger than anything that is even defenceless, you kill it.
You won't go and look for lion to kill..
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by dollytino4real(f): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
ask natgeowild
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Haywiz1122: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
Is it me or my eyes, the more I look at this picture. The more the bird resembles you OP
Re: I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) by Tillatalk: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
If any over religious person anointing oil for don finish on top am grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Breed Is This Dog, Pls? / Kano State Dog Walk(first Time Ever) / A Dog Made A Little Baby To Stop Crying (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.