Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction (18849 Views)

Pakistan Court Frees Rapist After Deal To Marry Victim / Judge Pardons Couple For Stealing Wheat Flour, Raises Money In Court For Them. / American State Of Virginia Pardons Seven Black Men Executed 70 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
specialmati:
hmmmm ok you want me to go and kill him and then go to jail cool cool cool cool
A Nigerian man rapes his 16 year old cousin.

Another Nigerian man sets him free on health grounds.

Another Nigerian man puts a laughing emoji and says "go and sin no more".

Well, Nigeria should by now be named the world rape headquarters.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
Do judges have the authority/power to pardon a criminal offense?
Isn't that something governors/presidents should be the ones to do?

1 Like

Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by specialmati(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
Wittyduchess:
A Nigerian man rapes his 16 year old cousin.

Another Nigerian man sets him free on health grounds.

Another Nigerian man puts a laughing emoji and says "go and sin no more".

Well, Nigeria should by now be named the world rape headquarters.
ok i get your point that jugde should be sentenced for passing such a jugdement
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
Merciful Judge will always reveibebmercy from Man and God
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
specialmati:
ok i get your point that jugde should be sentenced for passing such a jugdement
I hope it doesn't get to your turn one of this days.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by SavageResponse(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Hmm... The judiciary is the problem of Nigeria.

Nigeria go better.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by KATO1: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
Do you know what is it to be raped?
Whoever supported the judge action such thing will happen to his/her daughter so also this same judge, I pray such will happen to his daughter and all his generation yet unborn
I pray we will get it right someday in this country
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by specialmati(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
Wittyduchess:
I hope it doesn't get to your turn one of this days.
cool cool cool coolok thanks for not wishing it gets to my turn
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by hopexter(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
signature2012:
Pardoning a rapist on health ground embarassed...Wonders shall never end. shocked

In other words, if an hiv patient rapes, he would be pardon cos he's ill? When it's not mental illness undecided undecided
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by SmartyPants(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
Yankee101:
No monetary compensation, nothing?

Why not say time served, why pardon?

Where's the justice?

Those are the words of the journalist. Judges have no power to pardon in the strict sense. What he has done is actually a judgment per incuriam (incorrect) as once convicted of a felony one must be sentenced. In other situations, the judge may suspend the sentence but in this case, he simply did not sentence him. On appeal, this is sure to be overturned.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by SmartyPants(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
KATO1:
Do you know what is it to be raped?
Whoever supported the judge action such thing will happen to his/her daughter so also this same judge, I pray such will happen to his daughter and all his generation yet unborn
I pray we will get it right someday in this country

We can't get it right with people like you who wish rape on innocents. Rape for any cause is rape.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Originalsly: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmm.... can a judge pardon someone found guilty? ... and for rape?... of a minor? Unbelievable.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Charlie2020(f): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
How 16 yr old take be minor. All these sexual predators in the North (including their governors and legislooters), under sharia marriage cover, raping girls as young as 12years old nko
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Eriokanmi: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
Divinehealer:

Lets assume that was your daughter, would you preach this story.
Naijiria women, at this rate... sorry for your future. When some men believe that r@pe is not such a biggie and only when you are killed while being r@ped should there be any serious punishment given. Sorry to you all in advance.
I condemned it in it's entirety. Unfortunately the judiciary don't look at it this way. Life matters to all and sundry( either the victim'slife or that of the appelant). Why detain for so long by police, that's extra judicial punishment ( the way judiciary would view it) then with his deteriorated state of health, maybe he wouldn't be able to serve a month in jail before dying who knows if he won't even recover from the sickness sef? ...that's even more than enough punishment if you ask me. Rape is a crime. Hope you understand now.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Blackdisciple(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
Which any girl that is been raped or about to be rape if she has that opportunity to stab the idiot to death she should do so.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Derinofzion(f): 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
blinking001:
Welldone judge...the man have learnt his lessons already
He has learnt his lessons while the victim continues to live in trauma ehn?You are an animal an a rape apologist.I spit on you.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by ivolt: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Were you there to confirm that he was pretending to be sick? It's only in Nigeria people think this way. He's been in the custody for 2 good years, awaiting trial in such a rotten place. The day Nigerian police custody was videoed by the media , I almost puked. Staying there 2 years is enough to even kill someone. Many wouldn't have even lived up to 1 year in that place before they'd die. What the judge did was called leniency. Had the girl died in the process irrespective of his experience and health condition, he wouldn't have been so lucky.
It is only in Nigeria that a judge will free a rapist on health grounds and that is why rapists are so bold.
If this were to be in any state in the US, he will die in prison. A rapists on his death bed would be sentenced to prison and be held in a government
hospital.
Shame on rapist defenders!
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by authority2006(m): 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
erai30:
This judge should be Kia fu, how can you pardon a rapist because of ill health....so the judge dey sorry for people who fall sick after enjoying the rape grin

Better still, after committing crimes
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Glovoutu(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
Either the Judge is a rapist or he wants to help the rapist do the time. 4ktup shit!
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by PoliteActivist: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
onoms4luv:
Some idiot will belike. na Fu"ck I Fu"ck I nor kill person...

Why do you have to go to all that trouble just to type fucking:

Some idiot will belike na fucking, fucking nor kill person...
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by blinking001(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
Derinofzion:
He has learnt his lessons while the victim continues to live in trauma ehn?You are an animal an a rape apologist.I spit on you.
Wetin be this nonsense na...Madam go and take over the case and make sure the man is executed with a firing squad for committing rape na...bullshit..I spit on you too.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I condemned it in it's entirety. Unfortunately the judiciary don't look at it this way. Life matters to all and sundry( either the victim'slife or that of the appelant). Why detain for so long by police, that's extra judicial punishment ( the way judiciary would view it) then with his deteriorated state of health, maybe he wouldn't be able to serve a month in jail before dying who knows if he won't even recover from the sickness sef? ...that's even more than enough punishment if you ask me. Rape is a crime. Hope you understand now.

Hmn, its all good
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by chyket(m): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
Very very absurd!!!
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Derinofzion(f): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
blinking001:

Wetin be this nonsense na...Madam go and take over the case and make sure the man is executed with a firing squad for committing rape na...bullshit..I spit on you too.
Shut up Mr man?if possible the man should be executed with a firing squad,you are just a rape apologist and an animal.I spit on you once again.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by blinking001(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Derinofzion:
Shut up Mr man?if possible the man should be executed with a firing squad,you are just a rape apologist and an animal.I spit on you once again.
Cry me a river girl...spits on you.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Derinofzion(f): 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
The judge and those rape apologist supporting the judge are the reason rape cases will keep increasing daily.
And you keep wondering why we have a lot of feminist,it is the same men that support rape that will call feminism devilish.The society keep suppprting rape by stigmatizing rape victims and letting the rapist go scott free,refusal to let go of our rape enabling culture,blaming the victim for indecent dressing,walking alone at night and other stupid reasons and teaching the male gender to claim ownership of a woman's body.
Honestly,Nigeria and africa isn't a good place to raise a girl child,we keep producing women who thinks her body is for men in the name of stupid society and culture.I spit on the society.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by calcal: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
But that one still stayed in custody for a while, what about the Fulanis? In law, we need to compare things. if in the north bandits are ok but Yahoo boys are not ok in the south. is that what you call one Nigeria?
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Derinofzion(f): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
blinking001:

Cry me a river girl...spits on you.
Lol cry for what?I am simply defending my fellow women like me but rapists like you will see that as a cry,the rapist in you will always show up.I really pity the vulnerable women around you but my dear, you will soon get caught and severely dealt with,people like you need to be wiped out from the face of earth.
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by Ktunzmusic: 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
Re: Dennis Kiyede: Judge Pardons Rapist After Conviction by 9jaRealist: 2:41am On Feb 19, 2021
oshozondii:
The judge said he pardoned Mr Kiyede because of his ill health.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/443447-judge-pardons-rapist-after-conviction.html

DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING AND DESPICABLE...

The judge does not have the power to “pardon” a convicted criminal...
Only the Governor can exercise such Prerogative of Mercy at the state level.
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trader Survives Boko Haram, Loses Life To Armed Robbers / Police Arrest Man For Killing Wife In Anambra (Photo) / UCTH Chief Medical Director,others Arraigned For N85 Million Scam(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.