Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals (23318 Views)

Bello Matawalle Criticised For Buying Exotic Cars For Commissioners / Governor Bello Matawalle To Join APC / Bello Matawalle Appoints Bashir Yuguda As ‘Honorary Adviser’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by FullBlastLight: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
abbey621:

By this definition, you've just confirmed what the Governor said was right. If someone stole your cow or destroyed your property and you went to get revenge, does it make you a bandit? Is this not the same 9ja where someone steals tomatoes or food stuff from the market and next thing you know people are putting tyre on him doing jungle justice?

Wich definition are u talking abt?

D dictionary definition I displayed here has CRIMINAL, FUGITIVE, etc, as d synonyms 4 BANDITS.

In a nutshell, retaliating evil wit evil is taking law into one's hand, and dt in itself is unlawful, unconstitutional, criminal, and there4 punishable under law!
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by hush15: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

Not all bandits are criminals – Zamfara Gov.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/443593-not-all-bandits-are-criminals-zamfara-gov.html

Maybe oga governor doesn't know the meaning of bandit....
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by abbey621(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
FullBlastLight:

Wich definition are u talking abt?

D dictionary definition I displayed here has CRIMINAL, FUGITIVE, etc, as d synonyms 4 BANDITS.

In a nutshell, retaliating evil wit evil is taking law into one's hand, and dt in itself is unlawful, unconstitutional, criminal, and there4 punishable under law!

Maybe my Ph.D is failing me but fugitive and bandits are not synonyms, they share characteristics but they are not synonyms, YOU CAN'T REPLACE ONE WITH THE OTHER IN EVERY SITUATION hence it fails the synonyms test. Commiting a crime does not make you a bandit, child abusers, those who drive unlawfully, public intoxication, even women beaters are not bandits. So are we right to call everyone that participates in jungle justice as bandits or terrorists regardless of the situation? I grew up in Mushin, where jungle justice was as common as Agege bread, by your definition everybody in Mushin is a bandit grin grin, do you see how silly it sounds? This is what the Gov was trying to explain, as easy as it is to term all herdmen as bandits, it is factually INCORRECT!
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by eagleu: 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
He said this after meeting with Buhari.
Still wondering what they discussed, and agreed upon?
He's just speaking Buhari's mind.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Johnkay225: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
That is the kind of people we share a country with.. Do they reason with their legs? So the bandits are what exactly.. Criminal elements with different names almost all from same region.. I'm getting tired of our unity oh...
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Bestbeelieve: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
you are a bon fool govnor!
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Tochi3(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Why are they then bandits if they are not all criminals fool?
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by nonen(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
I had to quickly check the dictionary to see if the meaning of ‘bandit’ has changed
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by shadeyinka(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/443593-not-all-bandits-are-criminals-zamfara-gov.html
I support you governor!
Not all armed robbers are criminals!
Not all kidnappers are criminals!
Not all rapists are criminals!

They are only reacting to injustices by the society!

See how the Governor is redefining criminality!

Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Who created the vigilante groups?? This is what has been happening and people complain but nothing at all is done. Money changes hands and business as usual. I wonder why no one calls the names of these sponsors that they use during elections and then leave a problem to scatter the community
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by saintol(m): 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
When stupid people are at the helms of affairs of a nation all that can come out of their mouth is nonsensical word like the rubbish that this idiot is saying. "Not all Bandits are criminals", stupidity of the highest order. We go soon make Brain-guage or Brainometer to be testings the brain of some of these useless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by activistnofear(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
See the rubbish talk coming out from Maggot emitted mouth of an Idiot called governor.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by JVector: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
bandit [n.]: Outlaw, robber, brigand, freebooter, footpad, highwayman, marauder.

With the above definition, Matawale needs to be investigated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
abbey621:

Maybe my Ph.D is failing me but fugitive and bandits are not synonyms, they share characteristics but they are not synonyms, YOU CAN'T REPLACE ONE WITH THE OTHER IN EVERY SITUATION hence it fails the synonyms test. Commiting a crime does not make you a bandit, child abusers, those who drive unlawfully, public intoxication, even women beaters are not bandits. So are we right to call everyone that participates in jungle justice as bandits or terrorists regardless of the situation? I grew up in Mushin, where jungle justice was as common as Agege bread, by your definition everybody in Mushin is a bandit grin grin, do you see how silly it sounds? This is what the Gov was trying to explain, as easy as it is to term all herdmen as bandits, it is factually INCORRECT!
All bandits are criminals.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by opeey(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
He is like he doesn't know the meaning of bandits..
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by abbey621(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
HellVictorinho:

All bandits are criminals.

I agree but not all criminals/offenders are bandits grin grin
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by samuelevans(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
oga did you know what criminal means? it's when you committed crime. pls how come some1 carrying gun illegally is not considered criminal? i rest my case
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by vicayomi: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

Sir, you called them bandits and you said they are not criminals. Do you know if meaning of bandit?

many of so called governors are not qualified to be leaders.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by WEALTHYMII: 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
This kind of irresponsible statements from so called governors is encouraging the terrorism of armed herdsmen.
Zamfara & Bauchi state governors should be impeached.
They are not patriotic.
What kind of unpatriotic individuals are these two governors?

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

He's very right, especially if you relax and give his opinion a backward kind of second thought,na then you go know say dictionary na scarce commodity for the whole of north....... Infact,from now on,every sensible Nigerian should equally know that not every ipob member is a terrorist...

It should and must be viewed as an act of absolute foolishness to tag a group without alms a terrorist group and tag the one that carries alms and cause havoc a non-criminal group....

Disclaimer; I'm urhobo and a Deltan..So I've nothing to do with ipob.. But I'm only stating the fact.

You don't need to tell them where you are from, you only need to speak the truth...
I am a from Katsina,but the truth won't depart from my mouth.
It is only people filled with hatred towards others, that analysis your submission based on your tribe.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by frankony(m): 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sometime I wonder how this zombies get elected. Imagine what is coming out from the mouth of a whole governor.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by vineyardfarms: 2:52am On Feb 19, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

This gov has loooose screws in his head that need to be removed urgently.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by janetakan(f): 4:43am On Feb 19, 2021
Says it all!
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Coolgent(m): 6:55am On Feb 19, 2021
Majority of fulani herdmen are criminals even before now. They held monopoly in arm robbery across north since 80s.
Typical village fulani can even kill his wife for a mere arguement
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by taiwog700: 6:58am On Feb 19, 2021
When the head is bad what do u expect from the body ,this government from head to toe are all fools
MASTAkiLLAh:

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Akpan107(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2021
Resurrection212:
Aboki that not know what bandit mean.
You can see how they defend their people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Akpan107(m): 7:25am On Feb 19, 2021
harmargedon:
Not all bandits are criminals, but all criminals are bandits.
It's just like saying, not all terrorists are criminals...

Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2021
Lol.. like not all salt taste salty. Damn... these old fools are really this dumb
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Franky9584(m): 7:54am On Feb 19, 2021
please I want to know...who is a bandit and who is a criminal?
na English dey confuse una
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by orisa37: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2021
ACTUALLY, THE HAUSA BANDITS ARE CIVIL RIGHT OPERATORS.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by harmargedon: 10:53am On Feb 19, 2021
Akpan107:
It's just like saying, not all terrorists are criminals...

I was being sarcastic.
Re: Bello Matawalle: Not All Bandits Are Criminals by Goldenheart002(f): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2021
Rather, not all criminals are bandits! Some are in politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Invites Cattle Dealers Over Food Blockade Of South / Osinbajo's Problematic Ambition - The Cable / Why The North Suddenly Cares About Northern Lives By Farooq A. Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.