Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

“Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) (75911 Views)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 In Texas (Photos) / Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Sagtop: 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
theFilmtric:
imagine dem no even use up to a day,dem don dey shout
Nigerians would always be Nigerians!

God help Nigeria embarassed

— can anyone explain why Arabic/Ajami script is on the Nigerian Army's logo?

These people want to fulfill Dan Fodio's mandate
Well they can fulanize/islamize/northernize themselves
We're getting out of this contraption!

theFilmtricsay

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12961679_12822921screenshot20201211151521jpegd954aebb8edfb61ed8eb3efce978b922_jpeg_jpegde2dff8bc554f6f12a49ea5e05e1d306

see what this man is saying—just hear yourself

I guess the Army is the North's army right?
No
Igbo,Yoruba,Edo,Efik etc there abi?

Since when did Ajami become Nigeria's official language??
Ema gba mi ke??
See wetin this man dey talk for mouth?

1.that is not the star of David
This is

Do you understand?
2.even if it is the star of David represents Judaism not Christianity
3.does isreal have an agenda to dip their flag in the Atlantic ocean?
4.is nethanyahu disturbing Nigeria?

theFilmtricsay

Can you tell us why we use Chancellor, Dean (All Christian terms) in our Universities Instead Of University President and Faculty Chairman as obtained In Western Countries?

Can you tell us why we use Minister instead of Secretary Or Ministry Instead Of Department? Can you tell us why some Nigerian Institution use Greek/Latin (Original langiges of Bible) Words On Their Badge Instead Of English or Our Local Language.

Stop Being Islamaphobic, Get a life

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
DSC7:

Bro just be at alert always.....

Bubu is on a mission......

Make sure ur community members are vigilant......

No mind wetin dat dude dey yarn......
Thanks to Obj for doing a little by changing those Arabic words to English on naira notes as , yoruba and hausa instead of arabic language which had been there for ages. Nigeria isn't a Christian or Islamic country. We're a secular society and our official language is English and not Arabic. Jonathan tried doing same on one hundred naira note and he got punished for that. They stopped printing 100 note since then because it had no Arabic language . Up till now I've not seen new note of 100 naira again, just because it didn't have an Arabic writeup. Those defending this nonsense are as foolish and biased in nature as their promoters. They think everyone is foolish. That Arabic inscription on the army logo would soon disappear. Everyone can't be as cold as Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sagtop:

Can you tell us why we use Chancellor, Dean (All Christian terms) in our Universities Instead Of University President and Faculty Chairman as obtained In Western Countries?

Can you tell us why we use Minister instead of Secretary Or Ministry Instead Of Department? Can you tell us why some Nigerian Institution use Greek/Latin (Original langiges of Bible) Words On Their Badge Instead Of English or Our Local Language.

Stop fooling yourself and go to sleep. Those you mentioned are English words and not Christian. Nigeria is a secular nation, colonised by British and not by missionary, most of them didn't even have a religion. Na religious bigotry go scatter Nigeria, sharing from the north
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Judgesledge(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
Speaktruth88:

It is actually Hausa language meaning “Victory is from God alone” and yes used to be on the flag for the caliphate and was the compromise the British gave Nigeria after they finally defeated the Nigerian army mostly made of soldiers of the Caliphate.

You peoples problem is throwing baby with the water. Not all of our history is bad just like not all people are bad but you people just bitter and refuse to see that everyone in Nigeria has been suffering bad governance.

Is it the fault of the north that they had an empire when the British came? Worry about why your areas were easily anglicised so now you have a twisted version of your culture.

Oga go and disturb your ward leader and stop looking for problem where there is none.
which NIGERIAN army did the British defeat
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by robosky02(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Congrats NEPA has reached America

We are doing well

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
I told you guys, it was only in those Nigerian slums in that country that they took their light.

It never happened in main town Texas
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by blasterman(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ayo2004:

The heat wey dey Lagos for afternoon have killed many as a result of heatothermia cheesy

at least that one u go dey move or go outside catch breeze.

for minus weather, ur body goes into hibernation and na sleep you go dey sleep.

if e freeze ur blood na die be dat
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by edoairways: 11:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Penboy:

Not really.
I enjoy 24 hrs light
U own beta. I haven't seen power supply over a year plus
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by FmO4(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmn
Charity they said begins at home
@least, they remember their home today
Lol
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by drakeli: 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sagtop:

So after all the money you spent sending yourself to school. This is where you have ended it all. Calling English language words Christian words. If Christians today start calling a preacher by the name President, does that make president a Christian word? That’s what has happened with all the words you mentioned above. You are a disgrace to your alma mater. Please go back to school.

For the Greek language and Latin language. Those were the some of the first scholastic language of education before English and French gained prominence. The earliest most prominent and renowned philosophers, astronomers, scientists, physicians and educators were of Greek and Latin heritage. Nothing religious about it. Unlike Arabic that is approved by Allah himself.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
Speaktruth88:

It is actually Hausa language meaning “Victory is from God alone” and yes used to be on the flag for the caliphate and was the compromise the British gave Nigeria after they finally defeated the Nigerian army mostly made of soldiers of the Caliphate.

You peoples problem is throwing baby with the water. Not all of our history is bad just like not all people are bad but you people just bitter and refuse to see that everyone in Nigeria has been suffering bad governance.

Is it the fault of the north that they had an empire when the British came? Worry about why your areas were easily anglicised so now you have a twisted version of your culture.

Oga go and disturb your ward leader and stop looking for problem where there is none.

Small small dey lie na. Which Nigerian army did the British defeat
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by banmee(m): 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
juman:

Nigeria was by far better in 70s and 80s.
It was the greedy generals that ruined the country.

You must be young. Remember that this was the period we were having multiple coups and people were cueing for government handouts like Omo detergents and garri. Nigeria has never been "better" as you put it.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Edoziesmart(m): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
lastchild:
I think Texas is one of the worst places in USA, ramsey noah said the place he went to in Texas looked like ajegunle
That's one of the worst state in USA. Mostly occupied by black. Indiana has many black though but they are more developed and advance in technology than Texas that is full of immigrants
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by theFilmtric: 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sagtop:

lol cheesy
It seems you have problems with comprehension
When did I talk about religious terms?
I'm talking about the Dan Fodio agenda here - the ethnic imposing(perfect example=Hausa/Fulani)
and those ““Christain”” terms were British terms and the British colonized Nigeria - not Fulani—
Can you tell us why some Nigerian Institution use Greek/Latin (Original langiges of Bible) Words On Their Badge Instead Of English or Our Local Language.
Simply because the British does the same
And they(the languages) make those institutions look smarter and more mysterious
And Latin is not an original tongue of the Bible
I repeat
Britain colonized Nigeria
NOT FULANI.
Do you now understand?

theFilmtricsay
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by blasterman(m): 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
Edoziesmart:

That's one of the worst state in USA. Mostly occupied by black. Indiana has many black though but they are more developed and advance in technology than Texas that is full of immigrants

How is Texas the worst state, have you been to Wyoming, Missisisspi, North and South Dakota, Alaska etc

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:07am On Feb 19, 2021
That kind feeling.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Shikena(m): 12:14am On Feb 19, 2021
Edoziesmart:

Total misinformation. Where did you pull all these crap from? grin
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by africandollar: 12:17am On Feb 19, 2021
grin Yeye people
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Edoziesmart(m): 12:24am On Feb 19, 2021
Why are they shouting pray for texas because they didn't have light for close to 48 hours? what about major cities in Cocke county of Tennessee like Newport that didn't saw light for more than 60 hours why didn't the media carried the news? Ok I guess because the blackout affected the whole urban and suburban of texas and not a selected city
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Edoziesmart(m): 12:31am On Feb 19, 2021
Shikena:

Total misinformation. Where did you pull all these crap from? grin
I still repeat it texas is one of the worst states in the US. Maybe I will say the governor is using their head or the blacks living there don't like enjoying good governance compare to people living in a rich state like Illinois, Hawaii, etc
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Shikena(m): 12:34am On Feb 19, 2021
Edoziesmart:

That's one of the worst state in USA.
Not true. Texas actually has the highest growth rate of all the states in the USA at 4.4% (2019) - https://www.thebalance.com/which-states-have-the-best-economies-3980690
The average income places it in the top 25 but with much lower cost of living so they get more bang for their bucks.

Mostly occupied by black.
Texas is not mostly occupied by blacks. The black population in the state of Texas by 2018 US Census Bureau estimates is 12.3%.

Indiana has many black though but they are more developed and advance in technology than Texas that is full of immigrants

Indiana? How? Where in Indiana is more developed and advanced in technology than Houston, Austin and Dallas in Texas grin

Texas that is full of immigrants
Texas has estimated 17.2% immigrant population. California has 26.9%, Florida 21%, Hawaii 18.7%, Massachusetts 17.4%, Nevada 19.4%, New Jersey 22.8%, New York 22.8%.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Shikena(m): 12:36am On Feb 19, 2021
Edoziesmart:

I still repeat it texas is one of the worst states in the US. Maybe I will say the governor is using their head or the blacks living there don't like enjoying good governance compare to people living in a rich state like Illinois, Hawaii, etc
Repetition of a misconception or ignorance doesn't change facts grin .

Texas is the 2nd largest economy in the USA after California. Illinois is No.5 and Hawaii is No.40... c'mon dude! grin
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Stallione(m): 12:38am On Feb 19, 2021
Sometimes i wonder why am a nigerian cry
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Edoziesmart(m): 12:42am On Feb 19, 2021
Shikena:

Repetition of a misconception or ignorance doesn't change facts grin .
Is even now I'm seeing the trashy article I drop up there. Don't crucify me, is just highness that was disturbing me then. grin
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Shikena(m): 12:45am On Feb 19, 2021
Edoziesmart:

Is even now I'm seeing the trashy article I drop up there. Don't crucify me, is just highness that was disturbing me then. grin
You don kolo grin grin grin
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by bleskid: 1:16am On Feb 19, 2021
I'm blesboi ....look at front page embarassed
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by mbhs139(m): 2:18am On Feb 19, 2021
chatinent:
You can take the banana out of a monkey, but you cannot take the monkey out of the banana.

Just look at the other guy in the background raising his two hands and yelling.

Disgracing us everywhere.

How are they disgracing you everywhere? These are a set of people that have not had light for close to three days due to inclement weather, something they have not experienced since they stepped out of Nigeria. Mother fucker like you, that has never experienced what to live means, is saying they're disgracing you. What do you know about living? You that you're merely existing on the surface of the earth, just populating it and contributing to the emission of carbon dioxide and wasting oxygen, you're saying someone living in Texas is a disgrace to you. Your head no correct.

Why don't you guys learn to appreciate people living with their own problem? Wéré dey disguise. Gerrout!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.