Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

“Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) (75914 Views)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 In Texas (Photos) / Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 19, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Small small dey lie na. Which Nigerian army did the British defeat

I’m tired of you people. Go and google how the British dominated and took over the empires in Nigeria. Go to school you will not, read you will not. Vote you will not. Build your community, you will not. Your work yahoo, lack of morals and criminality. Come online and talk rubbish with your 2% knowledge. I tire for this country.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 19, 2021
Judgesledge:
which NIGERIAN army did the British defeat

Go to the same google you found the image and google the origin of the inscription. Why can you people not apply this your brain that works for mindless wailing, hatred, insults and yahoo for things that will actually benefit this country?

I’m beginning to agree with the govt policy to block internet and social media so you confine your ignorance and hatred to your family members since una papa no gree use condom.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by NgwalandAba(m): 2:42am On Feb 19, 2021
Bunch of uncivilized pimps that find their way to the united states...up NEPA kill una there.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by VickyRotex(f): 4:28am On Feb 19, 2021
Wahala!

It's sad that people had to lose their lives.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by majamajic(m): 4:57am On Feb 19, 2021
merieam16:
grin i can understand dat feeling...buh here in naija na normal tin o

The feelings ? Daily and centuries !

Texas might no shout up NEPA till 2090 , in Abuja u are going to shout it again today
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by supereagle(m): 5:06am On Feb 19, 2021
lalasticlala:
Here is the moment power was restored in Texas, United States of America as Nigerians jump and scream 'Up NEPA' in excitement.

Watch video via

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPPja_Oudo

https://twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1362477986344280067?s=19

Up Nigeria, great people, great nation.

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:27am On Feb 19, 2021
Speaktruth88:

I’m tired of you people. Go and google how the British dominated and took over the empires in Nigeria. Go to school you will not, read you will not. Vote you will not. Build your community, you will not. Your work yahoo, lack of morals and criminality. Come online and talk rubbish with your 2% knowledge. I tire for this country.
I'm aware of that piece of history and there's simply nothing like Nigerian army back then. If you have evidence of such, bring it forward and show your intellectual ability instead of resorting to insults like a common tout.

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 19, 2021
If you've ever lived in a place that had up to 23 hours light per day

To shout Up NEPA no go dey hungry you again

Mehn I missed Abroad

By Abroad I mean Alakuko Lagos, I now live in Benin

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:34am On Feb 19, 2021
BigBashiru:

all black countries are the same....shit holes....
Lol. This is the pathetic state you Buhari worshippers are now. You have started blaming anything and everything for your Oga's failure. Imagine. You can't defend his obvious failures again so you resort to spreading the blame round even including the people who put their trust in him with their votes. Lol grin
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:42am On Feb 19, 2021
Sagtop:

Can you tell us why we use Chancellor, Dean (All Christian terms) in our Universities Instead Of University President and Faculty Chairman as obtained In Western Countries?

Can you tell us why we use Minister instead of Secretary Or Ministry Instead Of Department? Can you tell us why some Nigerian Institution use Greek/Latin (Original langiges of Bible) Words On Their Badge Instead Of English or Our Local Language.

Stop Being Islamaphobic, Get a life

How are chancellor and Dean Christian terms? grin
Our government and management system is a product of British colonialism which explains all those points you raised. Next!!
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by adenike21273: 6:29am On Feb 19, 2021
: i can understand dat feeling...buh here in naija na normal tin oThe feelings ? Daily and centuries ! Texas might no shout up NEPA till 2090 , in Abuja u are going to shout it again today
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by isaythetruth(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2021
rare occurrence because of heavy snow fall in parts of Texas which fell trees and brought down powerlines, so utility companies had no option than to result to load shedding. But here in Nigeria it is a regular occurrence

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by dederocs(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2021
Make dem go sleep, most dey park shit, dey do mad people jobs...well it is how well, not how far.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Adeesther56(f): 7:47am On Feb 19, 2021
Nepa Are trying in my area they brought light for 8 hours and still brought it in the night....they are trying
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:04am On Feb 19, 2021
Funny.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by kilonshele101(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2021
theFilmtric:
imagine dem no even use up to a day,dem don dey shout
Nigerians would always be Nigerians!

God help Nigeria embarassed

— can anyone explain why Arabic/Ajami script is on the Nigerian Army's logo?

These people want to fulfill Dan Fodio's mandate
Well they can fulanize/islamize/northernize themselves
We're getting out of this contraption!

theFilmtricsay

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12961679_12822921screenshot20201211151521jpegd954aebb8edfb61ed8eb3efce978b922_jpeg_jpegde2dff8bc554f6f12a49ea5e05e1d306

see what this man is saying—just hear yourself

I guess the Army is the North's army right?
No
Igbo,Yoruba,Edo,Efik etc there abi?

Since when did Ajami become Nigeria's official language??
Ema gba mi ke??
See wetin this man dey talk for mouth?

1.that is not the star of David
This is

Do you understand?
2.even if it is the star of David represents Judaism not Christianity
3.does isreal have an agenda to dip their flag in the Atlantic ocean?
4.is nethanyahu disturbing Nigeria?

theFilmtricsay

ignorant and stupid Christians like you and all who liked your comment are one of the problem we're having, your victim mentality and inferiority complex is disgusting.

The cross on our health logo doesn't mean anything, the fact that Sunday is a public holiday and Friday is not is not a form of Christianization, the fact that we're using Georgia calendar and not Islamic calendar is okay, the fact that most primary and secondary schools in the south sing praise and worship on the assembly from Monday till Thursday regardless of the religion of the students is fair.., you feel it's normal once it favor Christianity but abnormal if it's other religion.

Islam was spread in the north through jihad while Christianity was introduced in the south through slavery. The latter can be forgotten but the former can be referred to as the motive as soon as you perceived that things are in their favor not yours. You people are pathetic.

I made mention of the star of David because that was the defense and justification of David Akpode Ejoor (the Christian soldier that designed the logo) for having an arabaic/ajami inscription on the logo. But The truth is that both the star and the inscription was both adopted into logo for an entirely different reason which is way different from what you ignorant religion bigots are interpreting it to be.

Page 16 of his autobiography has details...

" In the colonial days, the cap badge of the army was a palm tree. This could be interpreted to represent the wealth of the country which the British were to exploit. For that reason, the palm tree had to go. Besides, the Action Group party had a palm tree as its symbol, and it was important that the army and a political party should not have the same symbol. My job was to seek a new meaningful design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. I set to work." "In seeking a new design, I was anxious that the symbol should reflect the duty of the army and should be capable of inspiring officers and men. As I searched, I remembered the battle between the British and the Sokoto forces in 1903. At that battle, the Sokoto forces had carried the Sultan's flag with an Arabic inscription on it. That Arabic inscription I learnt meant, "VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE". This, I thought was an excellent symbol that had meaning and could inspire. What is more, the British had themselves incorporated the symbol into the regimental colour which the Nigerian Regiment carried on parade. I decided to incorporate the Arabic INSCRIPTION INTO THE CAP BADGE TO REPRESENT DEFENCE..." Next, I searched for a symbol that would depict unity. I found and answer in Lugard's interlaced triangles which he designed at the amalgamation to represent the coming together of NORTHERN and SOUTHERN NIGERIA. In choosing this symbol for the Nigerian Army cap badge, I hoped it would remind the Nigerian Soldier that his duty was to defend the unity and integrity of his country. I now had two symbols representing DEFENCE AND UNITY." Now, for something that could inspire the army in it's task of defending the nation, I landed on the idea of the Eagle. Again this was not original. The nation had chosen the eagle as national emblem. The eagle is a powerful bird, indeed, the king of birds. It thus represented strength. The eagle had a reputation, when once had located it's prey, of swooping and striking swiftly, accurately and decidedly- qualities which the Nigerian army should strive to achieve. Having decided on these symbols, my next task was to get an artist to put them together into a unified design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. This was eventually done. Then I was required to defend my design before the ministerial committee. The committee was made up of three Ministers.

1: Muhammadu Ribadu (Defence)
2: Festus Okotie-Eboh (Finance)
3: Yar'adua (Works and Housing).

It was awe-inspiring to have to appear before these great names of the First Republic. I had to defend the design. I remember that was when I got to the interlaced triangle, Ribadu and Yar'adua exchanged glances and showed some concern. Now I know why. The interlaced triangles also represented the star of David- the symbol of Israel. This alarmed the two Muslim ministers. Fortunately for me, there was the Arabic inscription. This, although at the time I was not thinking in terms of Islam and Christianity, my design happened to incorporate symbols that could be associated with those two religions. Just as well, perhaps. At the end of my defence, the design was approved. I thus left a permanent mark on part of the uniform of the Nigerian Army. This is a rare privilege for any serving officer. I thank God for affording me that opportunity... Source: REMINISCENCES by David Akpode Ejoor.

I really hope you get a life soon before you die of your chronic Islamophobia

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by theFilmtric: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2021
kilonshele101:

ignorant and stupid Christians like you and all who liked your comment are one of the problem we're having, your victim mentality and inferiority complex is disgusting.

The cross on our health logo doesn't mean anything, the fact that Sunday is a public holiday and Friday is not is not a form of Christianization, the fact that we're using Georgia calendar and not Islamic calendar is okay, the fact that most primary and secondary schools in the south sing praise and worship on the assembly from Monday till Thursday regardless of the religion of the students is fair.., you feel it's normal once it favor Christianity but abnormal if it's other religion.

Islam was spread in the north through jihad while Christianity was introduced in the south through slavery. The latter can be forgotten but the former can be referred to as the motive as soon as you perceived that things are in their favor not yours. You people are pathetic.

I made mention of the star of David because that was the defense and justification of David Akpode Ejoor (the Christian soldier that designed the logo) for having an arabaic/ajami inscription on the logo. But The truth is that both the star and the inscription was both adopted into logo for an entirely different reason which is way different from what you ignorant religion bigots are interpreting it to be.

Page 16 of his autobiography has details...

" In the colonial days, the cap badge of the army was a palm tree. This could be interpreted to represent the wealth of the country which the British were to exploit. For that reason, the palm tree had to go. Besides, the Action Group party had a palm tree as its symbol, and it was important that the army and a political party should not have the same symbol. My job was to seek a new meaningful design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. I set to work." "In seeking a new design, I was anxious that the symbol should reflect the duty of the army and should be capable of inspiring officers and men. As I searched, I remembered the battle between the British and the Sokoto forces in 1903. At that battle, the Sokoto forces had carried the Sultan's flag with an Arabic inscription on it. That Arabic inscription I learnt meant, "VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE". This, I thought was an excellent symbol that had meaning and could inspire. What is more, the British had themselves incorporated the symbol into the regimental colour which the Nigerian Regiment carried on parade. I decided to incorporate the Arabic INSCRIPTION INTO THE CAP BADGE TO REPRESENT DEFENCE..." Next, I searched for a symbol that would depict unity. I found and answer in Lugard's interlaced triangles which he designed at the amalgamation to represent the coming together of NORTHERN and SOUTHERN NIGERIA. In choosing this symbol for the Nigerian Army cap badge, I hoped it would remind the Nigerian Soldier that his duty was to defend the unity and integrity of his country. I now had two symbols representing DEFENCE AND UNITY." Now, for something that could inspire the army in it's task of defending the nation, I landed on the idea of the Eagle. Again this was not original. The nation had chosen the eagle as national emblem. The eagle is a powerful bird, indeed, the king of birds. It thus represented strength. The eagle had a reputation, when once had located it's prey, of swooping and striking swiftly, accurately and decidedly- qualities which the Nigerian army should strive to achieve. Having decided on these symbols, my next task was to get an artist to put them together into a unified design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. This was eventually done. Then I was required to defend my design before the ministerial committee. The committee was made up of three Ministers.

1: Muhammadu Ribadu (Defence)
2: Festus Okotie-Eboh (Finance)
3: Yar'adua (Works and Housing).

It was awe-inspiring to have to appear before these great names of the First Republic. I had to defend the design. I remember that was when I got to the interlaced triangle, Ribadu and Yar'adua exchanged glances and showed some concern. Now I know why. The interlaced triangles also represented the star of David- the symbol of Israel. This alarmed the two Muslim ministers. Fortunately for me, there was the Arabic inscription. This, although at the time I was not thinking in terms of Islam and Christianity, my design happened to incorporate symbols that could be associated with those two religions. Just as well, perhaps. At the end of my defence, the design was approved. I thus left a permanent mark on part of the uniform of the Nigerian Army. This is a rare privilege for any serving officer. I thank God for affording me that opportunity... Source: REMINISCENCES by David Akpode Ejoor.

I really hope you get a life soon before you die of your chronic Islamophobia
in the first place I wasn't talking about religion—be guided
It was your friends that brought that up
I was talking of the Dan fodio mandate

But I will answer you - for sure today

I have better things to do for now

Ill answer you like I did the others
Trust me I ain't anything-phobic
Bye for now
Keep an eye on your mentions

theFilmtricsay
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by kilonshele101(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2021
theFilmtric:

in the first place I wasn't talking about religion—be guided
It was your friends that brought that up
I was talking of the Dan fodio mandate

But I will answer you - for sure today

I have better things to do for now

Ill answer you like I did the others
Trust me I ain't anything-phobic
Bye for now
Keep an eye on your mentions

theFilmtricsay

Alright

Nigeria is not even near perfect and our institutions are weak but I just don't see the reason for anyone to add any meaning to what is not.

Will be expecting your response and apology for the abusive words I used and the name calling

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by OgaRico(m): 9:14am On Feb 19, 2021
Where is SweetCunt97? Nairaland Texas first lady.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by juman(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2021
America is deep rooted racist country.
It shows also during this period.
Some areas power never off.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by backbone503(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2021
See Joy!!!! Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain!
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Wisemfon(m): 10:24am On Feb 19, 2021
Our grandparents shouted nepa our parents shout nepa we are shouting nepa i am afraid our children wil shout nepa i pray may our grand children not shout nepa
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Wisemfon(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I'm aware of that piece of history and there's simply nothing like Nigerian army back then. If you have evidence of such, bring it forward and show your intellectual ability instead of resorting to insults like a common tout.
You are right, there was nothing like nigerian army then because there was nothing like nigeria not until 1914...

am surprise why they are insulting you here
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by SweetCunt97(f): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2021
OgaRico:
Where is SweetCunt97?
Nairaland Texas first lady.
Sup
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Judgesledge(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Go to the same google you found the image and google the origin of the inscription. Why can you people not apply this your brain that works for mindless wailing, hatred, insults and yahoo for things that will actually benefit this country?

I’m beginning to agree with the govt policy to block internet and social media so you confine your ignorance and hatred to your family members since una papa no gree use condom.
for your information bros with brain, the British never fought an army called Nigerian army, rather the engaged in military campaigns against varied opposing groups in different parts of Nigeria. Nigerian army is a completely British creation, so how could they have fought themselves. Not very good to look at every comment with politically biased view. Was just highlighting a historical faux pas in your comment
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by jacoik(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
chatinent:
You can take the banana out of a monkey, but you cannot take the monkey out of the banana.

Just look at the other guy in the background raising his two hands and yelling.

Disgracing us everywhere.
so what's your point now?

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Smdh. You’re lucky the British came and saved you from being slaves of the Caliphate or Benin kingdom

These empires existed on this same land that is now Nigeria and which was being and had been amalgamated BEFORE the British. Would it have been called Nigeria? Likely not. However the history of conquest and amalgamation by superior forces did not start with the arrival of the British and you stood a good chance of being dominated by superior empires British or no British because that’s what has been happening on this land since humanity.

You’re just twisting yourselves on semantics. The only foreigners on this soil were white everybody else has been here fighting and conquering so yes they are Nigerians stop being bitter if you were of a tribe that had no empires.

I have nothing further to add.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ishilove:
E dey our blood and blood must speak grin

Lols

Going through some of your write ups; I dobale for your use of English, your writing skill stands out, I hope you monetise it? Cheers

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Originalsly: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
joshepade:

They shouted it because it was a rare occurrence. Only God knows when such will happen again....and US government was sorry about it!

True!... especially those that been there longggg time and forgot about blackouts and the return of lights!.... rare indeed. But US Government sorry?? .... bro.... the reason why the US is the US is they don't accept excuses.... everything could've been avoided. Ice storm.. freeze out... there should be no disruption in electricity nor water supply... we need to see why this happened... what the companies did not do that could've avoided it.... what they must do to avoid it happening ever again... bow they will repay residents for loss of stuff because of the outages and how much we will fine the companies. These people don't play

1 Like

Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
Animals.
Re: “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Smdh. You’re lucky the British came and saved you from being slaves of the Caliphate or Benin kingdom

These empires existed on this same land that is now Nigeria and which was being and had been amalgamated BEFORE the British. Would it have been called Nigeria? Likely not. However the history of conquest and amalgamation by superior forces did not start with the arrival of the British and you stood a good chance of being dominated by superior empires British or no British because that’s what has been happening on this land since humanity.

You’re just twisting yourselves on semantics. The only foreigners on this soil were white everybody else has been here fighting and conquering so yes they are Nigerians stop being bitter if you were of a tribe that had no empires.

I have nothing further to add.

All you wrote here is nonsense. Arrant nonsense!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.