Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months (27855 Views)

Pink Alien Found On Mars Rover Camera (Video & Pictures) / Rare Shiny Clouds Spotted On Mars (Pictures) / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:21am On Feb 19, 2021
Buhari and his minions are still negotiating with terrorist disguised as bandits

5 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Viridis(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2021
I wish to witness when men will begin to colonize other planets

4 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by xstyle: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2021
A great mile step for researchers worldwide
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by extol1(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2021
Africa can only be found in corruption case. the only thing they can think of is embezzlement

5 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by stevenson007: 11:24am On Feb 19, 2021
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Sultty(m): 11:24am On Feb 19, 2021
Which way naija
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by femi4: 11:24am On Feb 19, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol... But someone on this site said it's impossible for a space ship to leave the Earth due to some magnetic fiery force fields encircling the Earth's dome??

However, does going to Mars stop humans from dying?
That's Nonsense
Is there any force field that scientist can't neutralise these days.

It was once said that nothing could fly cos of acceleration due to gravity 'g', but now we have aircrafts everywhere in the sky

4 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Fiyin007: 11:25am On Feb 19, 2021
The landing sequence alone na die , containing over 500,000 lines of written code for autonomous landing. No wonder they called it "7 minutes of terror". Feeling lucky my name was inscribed on the rover along with million others.

4 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by leofab(f): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2021
Humans
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BanevsJoker(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2021
For those that say: how will Physics and Mathematics be useful to my life? Una don see am now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by SeriouslySense(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2021
lol, imao, made my day, cheesy cheesy cheesy, black self, una no dey shame, wetin we don achieve, wait, how to get money through ladies pants, and ruga settlements, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

extol1:

black sef

3 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BanevsJoker(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2021
Khayceeofficial:
Watching their jubilations on CNN made me wonder how backward this nation is...

We are still struggling to provide electricity while they can already send a robot to go examine a different planet and observe it's parole here on earth... Without any visual

Nna eh, I go ask questions when I die
We dey debate cattle and terrorists welfare for Legislature.

6 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by 400billionman: 11:29am On Feb 19, 2021
Do you know that United States, the great example for global democracy has Vigilantes and Militia men who promote one ideology or the other or help security agencies dispel crime ?

United States is home to Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg and probably the first ten richest men in the world. While they are landing space crafts in mars and constructing Hyperloop modes of transport that can move passengers at 700 miles per hour, Nigeria doesn't have electricity. I have been in darkness for a week.

In the US, government does not fight ideologies, government fights criminals. Criminals are people who rape, kill, kidnap, steal or take away other people's means of livelihoods.

You can be a militia man in US, carry your rifle, go on shooting training with your friends, but once you are caught, stealing, raping, killing or kidnapping, your own is finished.

In Nigeria, govt targets and kills Vigilantes and Militia men whose aim is to keep their people safe from criminals. While Nigerian govt ignores and pampers kidnappers, terrorists carrying RPGs and GPMGs, rapists, murderers once they are from a certain part of the country.

Now, tell me how Nigeria can develop to have people like Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, when we find ourselves doing the exact opposite of what United States of America does.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 19, 2021
Meanwhile sarrki, bambambiglo and omenka are here hustling for RUGA

Cc lzaa afamed helinues msallison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BanevsJoker(m): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2021
lekki1444:
cool runnings
Does Mars have a bobsleigh team?
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Felabrity: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2021
Naso the place far?
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BanevsJoker(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Time heals every pain, Rome wasn't built in a day, Nigeria will surely get there.....
LOL...you go wait tire. We still dey discuss Fulani cattle in 2021.
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by NewDelhi(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Time heals every pain, Rome wasn't built in a day, Nigeria will surely get there.....
One of the most stupid comments I've seen in a while. Nigeria will surely get there is what you've been saying since independence yet there are no signs.

10 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Viridis(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2021
wman:
Awesome. This will help a lot on research and potential life forms on Mars.

A trip to Mars currently take about 8 months at crazy speeds, twists and turns. No human can survive that. The Endurance rover that just got to Mars was launched in July last year.

We are still working on safer, faster means to getting people to Mars.

Also, we need to be sure about the availability of enough oxygen, proper gravity and the right atmospheric condition on Mars. We also need a safe way to transport any human on Mars back to earth.

We'll help you download any file. For the latest PC games delivery all over Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest.
It doesn't take that much time the rover orbited mars for sometimes before landing on it's surface
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by lekki1444: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2021
BanevsJoker:

Does Mars have a bobsleigh team?
hahahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2021
Khayceeofficial:
Watching their jubilations on CNN made me wonder how backward this nation is...

We are still struggling to provide electricity while they can already send a robot to go examine a different planet and observe it's parole here on earth... Without any visual

Nna eh, I go ask questions when I die

We're distracted as we go at ourselves with clubs and dagggers! Meanwhile others are so technologically advanced to be able to go visit another planet!

Quite sad really!

3 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by iwaeda: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2021
NewDelhi:
The cruise stage of Perseverance's journey has ended, and it has arrived at the Red Planet. Perseverance has just started what NASA refers to as the "seven minutes of terror." This is when the rover essentially has to land itself on Mars with no help from NASA, due to a one-way 11 minute time-delay.

The ground teams tell the spacecraft when to begin EDL (entry, descent and landing) and the spacecraft takes over from there — and mission control begins an agonizing wait.

The spacecraft hits the top of the Martian atmosphere moving at 12,000 miles per hour and has to slow down to zero miles per hour seven minutes later when the rover softly lands on the surface.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/world/live-news/nasa-mars-rover-landing-02-18-21/index.html

People are going to Mars, but here we are wasting resources paying bandits to release kidnapped students.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by AustineCJ: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2021
What r blacks doing ? Looting and looting with nothing to show for it.

4 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Btruth: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2021
NewDelhi:

But here we jubilate when electricity is restored after a blackout.
even in Texas yesterday. Some Nigerian shouted "Up NEPA" there too. grin

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Liposure: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2021
Glory be to god
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2021
WOW
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2021
Felabrity:
Naso the place far?
It takes light (the fastest known 'particle'/wave) about 10 minutes to travel from mars to earth.
Think of how long it'll take slower objects such as aircraft to make the travel.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by martinogeenz: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2021
God self would be surprised by oyibo technology

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by extol1(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2021
SeriouslySense:
lol, imao, made my day, cheesy cheesy cheesy, black self, una no dey shame, wetin we don achieve, wait, how to get money through ladies pants, and ruga settlements, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

any achievement from the western world, they will be ranting and shouting white self, as if black man are cursed not to make discovery and invention for the betterment of the world at large. it always pain me to marrow that the only Africa discovery is how to embezzle and milk each other dry. at times, I always ask God why did he drop me in Africa. Africa hate anything called progress and development, in fact Africans are very wicked, terrible and horrible. I can go on and on

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by yinkacruxzy: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2021
I was watching the video online yesterday and i was lamenting. If you see how this people this are applying all the mathematical modelling and theories we are learning here you will know that studying engineering and science related courses in this country is a trash...No real life application of what they are teaching you in class.One stupid lecturer will be bombarding you will equations and theories you cannot relate with in real life....Anyway shaa we go survive here...

10 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by ninocia18(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2021
NewDelhi:
The Perseverance rover just became NASA's fifth rover to safely land on the surface of Mars after surviving the "seven minutes of terror."

This is the most sophisticated rover the agency has ever sent to the Red Planet. It will gather data and look for signs of ancient life in a crater that once contained a lake about 3.9 billion years ago.

I'm I the only one asking who snap brother perseverance?

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by saintol(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2021
UP NEPA! Sorry UP NÀSA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Buy Your Dead (scrap) Laptops Here In Lagos / Man Constructs Local Car With Condemned Parts He Picked From Trash / 10 Cool Things About Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.