Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months (27913 Views)

Pink Alien Found On Mars Rover Camera (Video & Pictures) / Rare Shiny Clouds Spotted On Mars (Pictures) / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
ibuildstuff:

Any thing in our contemporary world.
It's like talking about gravity without Newton.

Our contemporary world (its science) didn't just appear now, it was built upon in steps, on certain foundations. Those foundations became the authority to stand in order to explain phenomenon.
Again, it'll be like talking about evolution without Darwin's theory. If I tell that to an evolutionist, he may see me like one who isn't serios
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by showafrica(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pelecius:

That's impossible.
Light and other EM waves can easily travel that fast as they are waves and not just particles.
No matter can achieve that speed and the problem of space travel at tremendous speed is not as easy as you put it.

In other to achieve that speed, the matter has to be converted to weightless pro matter... Must be electromagnetic. Speed can actually make a matter anti matter and then back to matter with high tech. Until then sha
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
showafrica:

In other to achieve that speed, the matter has to be converted to weightless pro matter... Must be electromagnetic. Speed can actually make a matter anti matter and then back to matter with high tech. Until then sha
Smiles. This your theories ehn
Weightlessness has nothing to do with mass anyway.
There are several research on use of warp drives (just theoretical anyway), but idea of changing matter to EM waves and back, I don't know where that science fiction came from sha.

Also, though matter and anti matter are being made in the lab, they immediately cancel each other. So, speed won't change matter to anti matter. Einstein would disagree.
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by showafrica(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pelecius:

Smiles. This your theories ehn
Weightlessness has nothing to do with mass anyway.
There are several research on use of warp drives (just theoretical anyway), but idea of changing matter to EM waves and back, I don't know where that science fiction came from sha.

Also, though matter and anti matter are being made in the lab, they immediately cancel each other. So, speed won't change matter to anti matter. Einstein would disagree.

F=MA

M = F/A

The weight of an object is the amount of force exerted on the object due to gravity, thats the relationship with weightlessness.

Inventions and discoveries are funny untill they are proven.

I am not sure of the possibilities of what I am saying but they are all possibilities. Lets stay alive for few more decades, internet won't forget. There are theories coming up everyday, you may dig a little and see for yourself.
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
showafrica:

F=MA

M = F/A

The weight of an object is the amount of force exerted on the object due to gravity, thats the relationship with weightlessness.

Inventions and discoveries are funny untill they are proven.

I am not sure of the possibilities of what I am saying but they are all possibilities. Lets stay alive for few more decades, internet won't forget. There are theories coming up everyday, you may dig a little and see for yourself.
Weight is rightly due to gravity and not due to mass. The mass of any particle is always the same whether on earth or anywhere, whereas the weight changes with change in gravity.
So again, matter is about mass and not really about weight (not talking of photons, quarks and there rest sha)

Smile... The inventions would easily become reality if it doesn't go against KNOWN laws of Physics, Chemistry, etc. That was why I was put off by your idea sir

Sure! Internet doesn't forget.
Just that some of these stuff are fantasies due to the bias of the reigning paradigm.
The resources and energy could be use to make the world better (maintaining the earth, not better anyway)
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by showafrica(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pelecius:

Weight is rightly due to gravity and not due to mass. The mass of any particle is always the same whether on earth or anywhere, whereas the weight changes with change in gravity.
So again, matter is about mass and not really about weight (not talking of photons, quarks and there rest sha)

Smile... The inventions would easily become reality if it doesn't go against KNOWN laws of Physics, Chemistry, etc. That was why I was put off by your idea sir

Sure! Internet doesn't forget.
Just that some of these stuff are fantasies due to the bias of the reigning paradigm.
The resources and energy could be use to make the world better (maintaining the earth, not better anyway)

Fantasies yes... Could be used to better the world yes but then, what is happening. Looking for life on Mars and then destroying the life on earth. You see that Human beings are very foolish. I am sure before we get to the level of electromagnetic thrust, we must have destroyed half of the earth with it. Light is energy and an electromagnetic one with photons. I am sure one day, it will be enough to give our spaceships the required thrust.
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by 2010goingon: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
BinamRex:

I don't think it's about religion. I know many Nigerian doctors and scientists who are Christians and are doing wonders abroad. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a devout Christian and she currently heads the World Bank. Ben Carson said his Christian faith helped him become the person he is today. Last year an Igbo lady, a Christian, emerged the best graduating student at her university in India. She wasn't just the best graduating student at her department, she was the best in the school.

We are as intelligent as white people. The thing is we do not give jobs to people who are really deserving. I once heard that if Nigerian doctors stopped working in the US, the country would face a health crisis. This goes to show how important we are if we chose to be important. The black race could send a rover to the moon, but we can't do that presently because we would be busy fighting over which tribe would head the space agency. Then everyone will come with their candidate. The state where the agency is located would want to have a number of slots for the citizens. We are not ready to contribute to the human race

You did not get my point at all

I will try it again

How can we as a race tribe etc have a superiority complex if we have adopted the religions , traditions , languages etc of oyibo. we are indebted to them and this induces inferiority complex .

Naija doctors and scientists are simply workers in a foreign land . Whatever they do among oyibo , will benifit the oyibos and whatever they do will always be insignificant compared to the oyibos .

You saying Nigerians are intelligent because some few have been hired by oyibo than I am sorry.

Actual intelligence lies in creating and owning the pedigree right here in naija . We have a long way to go . Actually we have not even started.

Chinese Japanese Indians are intelligent because they have long recognised achievements and are known for their pedigree in science and technology. Go to their countries you will see the same.

what the Igbo lady achieved is her personal achievement on a individual level no doubt ,but how does it reflect merit on the majority of us. Exceptions is never the norm.

Nigerians doctors stop working in US , the country would face a health crisis ? Do you seriously believe that ?

56% of US doctors are whites , 17% Asians , blacks are 5%. Out of the 5% blacks what % do you think are Nigerians ? Enough to to cause a ripple do you think ?

We people are too much into make believe and feel good . Easily lap up made up stories to feel good.

" The black race could send a rover to the moon, but we can't do that presently because we would be busy fighting over which tribe would head the space agency " ?

This is what I was talking about , always making lame excuses for our incompetence and current lack of capabilities.

Name one space agency from Africa which is known for space exploration ?

Reality check we African nations don't even have a space launcher worth speaking about, forget sending a rover .

Here NASRDA is fiddling with rockets which high schoolers fly as hobby in US.

And finally
we are as a race " capable of " intelligence as much as the whites but we have not reached there , long way to go.

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by ibuildstuff(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2021
Pelecius:

It's like talking about gravity without Newton.

Our contemporary world (its science) didn't just appear now, it was built upon in steps, on certain foundations. Those foundations became the authority to stand in order to explain phenomenon.
Again, it'll be like talking about evolution without Darwin's theory. If I tell that to an evolutionist, he may see me like one who isn't serios

I can explain gravity n evolution without mentioning Newton n Darwin. Newton did not event gravity neither did Darwin invent evolution. These are natural phenomenon they just did outstanding research on, other scientist did research on these phenomenon too. Newton never mentioned or didn't even know if there was as gravitational wave, but some years back gravitational wave was discovered. U are not even serious if u think one cannot explain evolution without mentioning Darwin.
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
ibuildstuff:

I can explain gravity n evolution without mentioning Newton n Darwin. Newton did not event gravity neither did Darwin invent evolution. These are natural phenomenon they just did outstanding research on, other scientist did research on these phenomenon too. Newton never mentioned or didn't even know if there was as gravitational wave, but some years back gravitational wave was discovered. U are not even serious if u think one cannot explain evolution without mentioning Darwin.
I should have known that you won't read it unbiased. When I mention Newton and explained that current knowledge are built on some foundational knowledge, I felt you'd get that it is not about the PERSON but the INFORMATION.
Again, you are grasping at straws by saying they never invented gravity or evolution (except you'd show me where I said that). That shows your level of understanding of a simple statement.

My arguments again is that information are not from vacuum, current knowledge are built on some foundational premises or observations.
You can talk about gravity or relativity because it has been laid down by some intelligent minds. If it was not specified by them, you wouldn't know them or even think interpret such phenomenon wrongly. Hence, their works become an authority to explain such phenomenon.

How would you explain evolution without referencing Darwin's IDEA? Or explain that all objects are accelerated to the earth's center at same rate without mentioning Galileo's famous pisa tower?
I hope you don't attack strawman this time
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2021
Enceladus:

Teraforming is a pipes dream with our current technology. Elon won't be allowed to nuke mars because that's just batshit crazy to say the least.

It is achievable but will come at a cost
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Teripaul(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
Number1benue:

Which one is oyinbo self, abeg if you don't have anything meaning to add shift abeg!

grin grin grin grin grin diswan off me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Cool Things About Stars / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) / Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.