Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Please Help Me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me. (524 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please, I need the help of this my second family I have in real life.

I rounded up my service since 2018 and to be candid with you guys, I have never been invited to a job interview. However, I am a teacher in a private secondary school. What am I not doing rightly??

I'm 26 by the way.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. by blackpanthar: 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:
Good evening everyone. Please, I need the help of this my second family I have in real life.

I rounded up my service since 2018 and to be candid with you guys, I have never been invited to a job interview. However, I am a teacher in a private secondary school. What am I not doing rightly??

I'm 26 by the way.

You're doing okay.

Take time to learn a new skill. The world is different now.
Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
blackpanthar:

You're doing okay.
What kind of skill do you think I should learn?
Re: Please Help Me. by blackpanthar: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

That's the wrongest question sir... I do not know you personally so I can not choose for you.

Sadly, You should have been reoriented about the real world before leaving school, you would have discovered some secrets...

That Naija does not favor certificate but sabificate. You need a lucrative skill in a field that suits you. People pay for skill and not for paper certificates. Having connect is no longer the key, you need a skill that brings out the genius in you...

Its shocking tha with all the skill programs that have been advertised here on nairaland even for FREE.... You are here still looking for a job? Since 2018?

Bro, there are many skills available but only you can choose the one that resonates with you, how you will know it is that your personality traits agree with it. Just like kids who are talkative will be excellent lawyers or marketers or media hosts....

So google skills and research on each of them to see which one really resonates with your personality and you can then find how to learn it on YouTube or here on nairaland for FREE

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
blackpanthar:

That's the wrongest question sir... I do not know you personally so I can not choose for you.

Sadly, You should have been reoriented about the real world before leaving school, you would have discovered some secrets...

That Naija does not favor certificate but sabificate. You need a lucrative skill in a field that suits you. People pay for skill and not for paper certificates. Having connect is no longer the key, you need a skill that brings out the genius in you...

Its shocking tha with all the skill programs that have been advertised here on nairaland even for FREE.... You are here still looking for a job? Since 2018?

Bro, there are many skills available but only you can choose the one that resonates with you, how you will know it is that your personality traits agree with it. Just like kids who are talkative will be excellent lawyers or marketers or media hosts....

So google skills and research on each of them to see which one really resonates with your personality and you can then find how to learn it on YouTube or here on nairaland for FREE

Thanks but from the way, you are sounding, I think you are referring to ICT skills. Also, is that what you mean by the world is different now?
Re: Please Help Me. by blackpanthar: 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Thanks but from the way, you are sounding, I think you are referring to ICT skills. Also, is that what you mean by the world is different now?

Is comedy skit an ICT course?
Is farming an ICT course?
Is sewing of mask, making sanitizer an ICT skill? Yet many are making millions from it.

Ask yourself a brutal but honest question... Is it a good JOB you want, orrrrrr you just want to make serious MONEY?

Bro... The world is different now means Covid has changed the way business is being done. You need to upgrade. Many of the things you expected to work in 2018 will not work in 2021.... Life has MOVED, so you should also move... Stop seeking old ways in a new world.

We are in a new world order now.
Re: Please Help Me. by Boxer007(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

I'm 26 by the way.

Bro, yor question is not clear? Are you simply ask for job interview tips ( what kinda questions to prepare for?). If yes, then I tell u wot to do. PREACH smiley
Re: Please Help Me. by Boxer007(m): 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

I'm 26 by the way.

Ok bro check this out. 2 things u need to learn:

Get a course on I.T skill
2. Train yor sef on Microsoft Word & Microsoft Exel. You easily learn these 2 from YouTube (free) wink
Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2021
Boxer007:

Bro, yor question is not clear? Are you simply ask for job interview tips ( what kinda questions to prepare for?). If yes, then I tell u wot to do. PREACH smiley

Not interview tips oooo. Rather I somehow feel like maybe something is wrong with my CV or maybe I am not doing the right thing when I'm applying. I don't really know what is wrong.

I am not getting interview invites from the organizations I have applied to.
Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
blackpanthar:

Is comedy skit an ICT course?
Is farming an ICT course?
Is sewing of mask, making sanitizer an ICT skill? Yet many are making millions from it.

Ask yourself a brutal but honest question... Is it a good JOB you want, orrrrrr you just want to make serious MONEY?

Bro... The world is different now means Covid has changed the way business is being done. You need to upgrade. Many of the things you expected to work in 2018 will not work in 2021.... Life has MOVED, so you should also move... Stop seeking old ways in a new world.

We are in a new world order now.

Okay,. I understand you. So that means from what you are saying, there is no need to apply for jobs if one does not have a skill.
Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
Boxer007:

Ok bro check this out. 2 things u need to learn:

Get a course on I.T skill
2. Train yor sef on Microsoft Word & Microsoft Exel. You easily learn these 2 from YouTube (free) wink

I will do just that.
Re: Please Help Me. by lilvicky68(m): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Okay,. I understand you. So that means from what you are saying, there is no need to apply for jobs if one does not have a skill.
No na it's not what he means..you can apply but you need to have a skill to help you through as you're waiting to get the job..if the skill is lucrative you can also choose not to work again
Re: Please Help Me. by Boxer007(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Not interview tips oooo. Rather I somehow feel like maybe something is wrong with my CV or maybe I am not doing the right thing when I'm applying. I don't really know what is wrong.

I am not getting interview invites from the organizations I have applied to.

Ok
Number 1 rule:
yor cv must not be more than 2 pages.

Number 2 rule:
Use Google cv examples to re write yor cv. For example, if u are interested in working as an accountant (new job) instead of school teacher, copy [sample of accounting cv in Google* .
U will see lots of better examples then u choose one to tailor yor cv. Always remember that yor when u submit your cv,the employer will first judge u by the way yor cv is presented..before they invite u in. If u haven't been called, it means there is something wrong on your cv that u have not spotted.. maybe your grammar is poor or u did not use spell check.

Rule number 3:
If u ever get called for an interview , long sleeve white shirt with a tie is always the key. It makes u look the part. ...and make sure u not sweating oooo.

This was how I advised one babe called Nmezor & she got the job

The answer is there on google. Use it. PREACH wink
Re: Please Help Me. by Usorohtheman(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
Boxer007:

Ok
Number 1 rule:
yor cv must not be more than 2 pages.

Number 2 rule:
Use Google cv examples to re write yor cv. For example, if u are interested in working as an accountant (new job) instead of school teacher, copy [sample of accounting cv in Google* .
U will see lots of better examples then u choose one to tailor yor cv. Always remember that yor when u submit your cv,the employer will first judge u by the way yor cv is presented..before they invite u in. If u haven't been called, it means there is something wrong on your cv that u have not spotted.. maybe your grammar is poor or u did not use spell check.

Rule number 3:
If u ever get called for an interview , long sleeve white shirt with a tie is always the key. It makes u look the part. ...and make sure u not sweating oooo.

This was how I advised one babe called Nmezor & she got the job

The answer is there on google. Use it. PREACH wink

Thanks man. You are good.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me. by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
Usorohtheman:

I'm 26 by the way.

In addition to the brilliant suggestions here read this as well

https://www.nairaland.com/6359885/balanced-living-system-making-life
Re: Please Help Me. by blackpanthar: 12:21am On Feb 20, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Yes. The skills you have will guarantee your income.... Job or no job.

Many who have jobs know for a fact that there is nothing like JOB security in naija, and they do not even have time to learn a skill that could give them a side businesses...

Upgrade yourself in everyway before applying for jobs. Start a business too if Jobs are delaying. Time waits for no one
Re: Please Help Me. by abosede35876: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2021
:
You're doing okay.

(1) (Reply)

Heart Broken Lady Rains Generational Curses On Ex-boyfriend (watch) / Getting Your Man To Be Committed To You / The Moment NEPA Light Went Off In Big Brother’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.