Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:29 AM

I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. (39865 Views)

I Can't Sleep, Please Help Me / How I Tricked My Brain To Like Doing Hard Things [dopamine Detox] / I Can't Sleep Because I'm Hungry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by hola106(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
Karma's will run on them soon they wont be able to finish the job and they will end up in debit awon were

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by sweetkev(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
sapphiere:

Do you believe that the FUTURE is FEMALE?
Answer this and I will give you my advice.
What a threat!!
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by hstar: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
shortgun:
like others have said Never tell clients your complete process.
Most people will just use your knowledge do the job and won't give u a kobo.
Real clients don't ask too many questions...Time wasters do.

Thumbs up for you on dis

3 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by linconby: 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
Don't give up, better days ahead. It's just for a moment
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
Next time, learn to keep your methods to yourself. How can you go and teach them how to fix the equipment, how many workers to use etc? Why should they give you money when they can now do it themselves?

In my field, whenever I consult for someone and they start asking for technical details, I just direct them to the nearest university + professional institutions where they can go and learn how to do it themselves. I also point out that the reason why they are paying me was so that I can do the donkey work while they sip tea at home, so they should just leave it all to me. They usually get the message.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Olarewaju89: 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,
Please help me out of depression right now.

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
mode please help move to front package for me.

My brother, at the junction you need to pray more and learn how to keep your secret to people.

Finally, be more closer to God Almathy.
God will bring another good opportunity come your way very soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Alexaonfleek: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
I'm really sorry about your predicament.
Now here's advice for next time
My dad is an engineer and into something similar too.
My dad always asks for down payment of at least 60% of the total for labour.
This is after he must have submitted his quotation the the individual or company.
Always ask for down payment before you commence any work especially in this your field
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by goshen26: 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

My brother, that is life for u.

We learn everyday.

You do not need to be down bro, brace up and move on, the days ahead are full of opportunities for u.

You are a star, and you will remember this time in no time and u will be glad.

Brace up and move on bro

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by danchuzzy(m): 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

Be strong bruh.

It's engineering. It's your design I believe. At some point, they'd need your input. So cheer up.

When the time comes, charge them triple the initial amount you'd have charged. It's called consulting.

Cheers bruh

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Mike008(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
EXPECTATIONS! That is almost always the result - DISAPPOINTMENT!

Its not the end of the world bro! Think of the situation like it never came in the first place and try to move on.

Dont give up on life, better opportunities will come to you effortlessly.

The truth is, someone negotiated you out of the picture for pecuniary gains, but that is immaterial. You will smile again.
As for your rent and all, just be assured God will make a way for you.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Davesaves(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
U learnt in a hard way. but the good thing is, this experience will stay with u for the rest of ur life and will definitely come in handy in your future dealings. take it in good fate bro, it's just a lesson. it won't stop u from getting to where God has destined for u. Peace bro
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Cc mynd44 Lalasticala Dominique this Moniker is spamming Nairaland with this particular sentences even when it obviously has nothing to do with the thread
Lol. How is my opinion on a thread your problem?
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Kimjongun: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nigerians always blocking ways for fellow Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by na2016: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
This is why I am always on the lookout for friends. Becareful never to trust any friend totally, they betray easily. Never expose your processes to your potential client.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by SehgateTeam(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry brother you don't need to cry. Though i feel your pain.

I can categorically tell you that Nigeria environment is very tough when doing business or trying to make it. Large percentage of Nigerians believe that without cheating or making someone pass through pains, they can't Make It in life.

Most people here can share their worst experience dealing with fellow Nigerians, but they can't share it like you do.

Take this as a lesson. Don't cry, brace up and face the reality. Except you travel out of Nigeria, but If you will be here with us, ready to face the worst. But this will only build you as a man not to break you.

As for lady and your friend. Just leave them. Focus more on yourself this Is not the end.

Let me share with you one quick story.

" In November 2020, I gave one Hausa Man around 800k to get me 7trucks to load from Zaria to Lagos. He dissapeared. I went to police station and report and I was asked to pay some money for tracking and blocking of account. Which I did with my money that Is gone. Till this day, can't see the man, can't see the money, can't have any tangible response from the people I paid to help me out."

Brace up brother. Welcome to Nigeria, be expecting more. Hope for the best always. And In all you do, put ALL your Trust in GOD.

Stay safe.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by ukahrawah: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Incase you're a Christian, all you need to do is to bring these worries before our Lord Jesus Christ.

Make an honest assessment of your relationship with him and plead for mercy where you have wronged. Be not depressed because that's what your a enemies are looking for.

You are not alone in this kind of trials. Even this contributor is facing a similar challenge which nearly led to suicide but behold, the Lord intervened by sending my brother in law all the way from the US. What message did he come with? How to learn to surrender all your problems to Christ Jesus, go about as they never existed and watch Him perform silent miracles in your life. This is somebody who hardly visits Nigeria in January. Honestly, he hardly visits except it's compelling. The Lord sent him to save my situation. It would have been over by now.

I've adapted it and behold, step by step, the big problems are being resolved. My sleepless nights are gone. I've started adding some weight.

You're bigger than this problem and watch out what happens in the future when your friend wonders how you've made it big, and would be pleading for forgiveness.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Munzy14(m): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01

It is a common problem engineers and artisans face in this part of the world.

They have run u street by tapping your ideas and use it to execute the job behind u.

Never talk too much, say more than when necessary... A lot of rules to life.

Anyway this is a challenge to u, it only fortifies u.

Due to professional charges, a client may want to cut cost and use style to extract info from u as an expert... A reason why some professions code their writing and terms.

If client sabi am, u've lost a job/contract.

A client who is genuine, never ask too much..just the normal can u do it and little chats up.

But, crooks will ask every thing, even when u cough, they want to know y u did so..A good pointer for u to play games on the person's head.

Only the smartest excel.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
sapphiere:
Lol. How is my opinion on a thread your problem?

Your opinion is irrelevant. I am more concerned about waste of valuable space
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by fof1: 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

My Friend Get up us ass and go look for any Menial Job to engage You for now. Ur Friend Back Stabbed u out of Greed. U gave Out too much Information than was required to do ur job...making it Look very Simple for any Person to handle. The Woman is Very Coveteous too. Move on and Thank God for Other better Opportunities ahead. Ur Life will be Built.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by calcal: 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2021
That's not the last opportunity in your life, stay focused and don't share too much information on your know-how.
Try to introduce an initial payment agreement signed by both parties. That's a smart contract and commitment. please ask NL lawyers how to write such an agreement.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by naturefellow(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about this! Please, don't divulge vital info or engage with anyone who's not ready to commit to you financially. This is often family and close friends, who take advantage of their familiarity with you.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

Hold on to your God. He will surprise you beyond your imaginations soonest.
I spent my last money and borrowed from friends to register and brand a limited liability company late last year. An opportunity came for me to renovate a big house, install inverter in the house and on their farm. I was called upon to do thorough study and submit reports/quotes. It took me and my team a whole week to carry out the assignment and total cost was a little above 15m. From no where an architect in-law of theirs appears and was given the job. More worrisome was the fact that he was given my recommendations and he followed everything step by step.
I have been to the house to run errands for the family more than twice and I saw everything. The only thing I got from them was “sorry our children overseas decided to give it to our in-law”

Early this month God compensated me with a small job and I’m not hungry to the glory of His name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
SehgateTeam:

Let me share with you one quick story.

" In November 2020, I gave one Hausa Man around 800k to get me 7trucks to load from Zaria to Lagos. He dissapeared. I went to police station and report and I was asked to pay some money for tracking and blocking of account. Which I did with my money that Is gone. Till this day, can't see the man, can't see the money, can't have any tangible response from the people I paid to help me out."

Brace up brother. Welcome to Nigeria, be expecting more. Hope for the best always. And In all you do, put ALL your Trust in GOD.

Stay safe.
Wow cry cry cry
Sorry about the experience
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by vicardino(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
For 5 years no job? By the ability of God in me, I open doors for you that no one shall be able to close. This very job you are crying over, you haven't lost it yet. It won't be perfect without your contribution. It is well with you.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
SoftChordz:
Never share the process of your work with a client, just tell the person your bill and the end product of what they want will be like and that's it, never expose ur skills or processes of it or where to buy the materials and other stuff. you were too excited and trying to proof to the bitch that you know ur job and she juiced you up. Learn and move bro don't cry over spilled milk, move on and cut off that pig u call ur friend bc he's not... mind ppl u keep around and always watch them. Better ones de for future now get up, dust off and double ur hustle like mad ok.. wish u well bro
Op, I Also feel this your advice.... E carry weight!!
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
You might have given your friend the technical know-how of the job.He then went to your client behind your back and reduce the contract fee and increased the kickback than the one you wanted to give her.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2021
vicardino:
For 5 years no job? By the ability of God in me, I open doors for you that no one shall be able to close. This very job you are crying over, you haven't lost it yet. It won't be perfect without your contribution. It is well with you.
Leave motivational talk.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by creepsyme(f): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.
Sorry about the way you feel, probably you shared too much information and you were overly excited instead of praying and keeping vital information's to yourself. Don't cry over the spilt milk anymore, better and powerful jobs will come your way soon.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by neonly: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
To be a contractor it not easy you will see different kind of animals in human form
Been dealing with dis kind of people all my life
Just move on
No spiritual thing attach just one of the lesson they won't teach you in school
Free yur mind

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Perfectman91: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
Learn not to share all the vital information on how you intend doing something like this.

Sorry and try to move on.

This is the advice I'm getting this month, I've had to learn this from experience in the hard way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.