Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. (39691 Views)

My Work Was Just Put On Hold Now, I Need A New Job / The Time To Japa Is Now, I Have To Leave This Country ✈️✈️ / I Can't Choose My Exam Centre Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Application Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Machiny: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
I once arranged for a bus driver to deliver my goods to a supposed client in akwa ibom from port harcourt. The driver accepted an amount due to my influence on him (have used him for a lot of supplies), and exchanged the contact with the client. Behold the client took the driver to somewhere else to pick the said goods. At the end I stopped giving the driver jobs becuase he was suppose to inform me when the client was diverting him and I moved on.

God would bring more opportunities your way, just stay true and honest in your dealings and always keep the essential details, that's what the clients are paying for.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by frozen70(f): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,
Please help me out of depression right now.

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
mode please help move to front package for me.

Pls dear calm down, you will be fine

Prayer is the key

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by JONSYN7154: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
enigma1122:
that friend of yours ask him
he's the one that killed him behind.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by hassyomeyi: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2021
let it go bro, it was never meant to be. just know that what left you was never yours and what's yours will never leave you.
lesson learnt. now dust yourself up and move on, the best is yet to come. someday soon, you will look back to this day and let out a good laugh.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by emkz: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about this. What kind of equipment is it exactly?

If you trained for it, why do you think they could have done it so easily?

No worry, if the equipment requires a high level of skill to assemble, hang on. Once they do a shoddy job, they'd come and beg you to fix their tardiness.

Charge them.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Your opinion is irrelevant. I am more concerned about waste of valuable space
This is a public forum. If you can't stay the heat leave the kitchen.

I aired my view and it shouldn't be your busy. You don't buy me data.

Don't tell me what to post and not post.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by BruncleZuma: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ogbeni you no get friend

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mrsoft3:

See go and pray,this is not ordinary fast go and locate a prayer house with strong grace and pray,go and sow a seed no matter how small. This is my piece of advice for you

SHUT UP!!!
WHICH USELESS PRAYER HOUSE
WHAT HAS AFRICA ACHIEVED WITH ALL THE PRAYERS?

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Buzx: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
sapphiere:
This is a public forum. If you can't stay the heat leave the kitchen.

I aired my view and it shouldn't be your busy. You don't buy me data.

Don't tell me what to post and not post.

His message was simple, stop derailing threads with your opinions, and believes. You can post your stuffs where it matters and people will respond accordingly. You will be banned if you continue to spam the forum and stir controversy like many other monikers before yours.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Srallens(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
You have only gone there to make assessments and also have arrived at a price. No work has been done by you. Only loquacious enough to give them every single detail.
You have learnt a lesson, though the hard way. I believe next time you will know how to keep important details to yourself for any particular job.
Therefore, stop lamenting and move on. You can't sleep bawo?
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by KingKingKing: 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Don't be discouraged, your breakthrough will come in Jesus Name, just read Psalm 3 and psalm 35 before u go to bed tonight

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by BSF: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
hakeem4:
The friend must have connived with the said woman to push you out of the deal. You were also giving them your knowledge free of charge. Never do that.

Don't worry, they would probably get to a stage in that project where they would need an expert to work on it for them. By then you can now decide to double your fee grin

As for now maybe you should find something else doing so as not to get too depressed

Bookmark this thread, thank God genuinely without bitterness(this is very very difficult)for this experience you had, and be ready when your time comes!
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by DuduParaPara: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.

Whats the job you have expertise in?

I mean what type of job is it you gave her so much info to that she used it to complete the job herself?

You never know, something can come up somewhere.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Mom007(f): 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Report to the police. Intellectual theft is a crime. At worst, report to the politician. If he has fear of God, he may judge righteously. Pele

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Onelove508: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Did you record the conversations? If yes, you could Sue them to court.
There are lawyers that will handle your case without initial payment.

People do say, what if he doesn't win? How will he then pay the lawyer?
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

OP read this

BALANCED LIVING: A System Of Making Your Life Better And Effective

https://www.nairaland.com/6359885/balanced-living-system-making-life
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by motunabby(f): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
That your friend got the contract on the basis of him knowing someone who can handle it which was you but cos he doesn't want you to have part of the profit he used the lady as a bait to discuss business with you to get knowledge of all the project would take. Sorry abt that but I pray dey get stalk in btwn n have no choice than to call u b4 dey can forge ahead. Bad friends everywhere

6 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by jaxxy(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

I have bed in ur shoes kinda. Seems like Ure unfairly loosing a big opportunity bt guess what let it go. That will be when u start seeing other opportunities ahead of u or other opportunities will start looking for u. Aslong as u keep this whining mentality u are driving away positivities. It hurts yes but just make up ur mind to forget completely about it like it never even happened, suck up the pain, learn and move positively to new things. Don’t even stress it again and be happy. New opportunities will come to u I promise u.

Accept that the opportunities u missed wasn’t urs sofar u did all u were supposed to do correctly. No big deal. Learn from the experience also. U might have said too much too early. Ur friend is a terrible person for not protecting ur interest.

The interesting part will be if they don’t know the job and do a sloppy job and later need ur help.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by davien(m): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
You just played the consultancy role without being paid. So you lost both the money for work and your knowledge, learn and move on.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Ooe33: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
You should learn from this experience and do things differently next time

Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Briller: 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
Bro, go and sleep. You have lost nothing. That friend of yours feels he is playing smart. I laugh in Swahili. Be rest assured that by the time the project backfires, you will laugh last.

Karma will locate them.

Also learn to keep your trade secret as everyone creates a niche for themselves. That way, you remain relevant in your circle.

What's your professional background? Who knows, you might be linked up to a destiny helper.

Cheer up.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
77up:
pele o,strong man undecided

Things like this can happen to anyone trust me , especially by a snake friend.

So you go fold hand dey cry?
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
[s]
Buzx:

His message was simple, stop derailing threads with your opinions, and believes. You can post your stuffs where it matters and people will respond accordingly. You will be banned if you continue to spam the forum and stir controversy like many other monikers before yours.
[/s]
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
I was once like you. Many idiots I called friends used to ask my opinion and ideas in everything they did and I always obliged. I stopped when I noticed that all they did was to refine my ideas and cash out. Those same idiots would never contribute anything when I needed their own ideas. This is why I'm stingy with ideas today. If you need advice or my idea on something, I will refer you to google.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by KarLmax20(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mrsoft3:

See go and pray,this is not ordinary fast go and locate a prayer house with strong grace and pray,go and sow a seed no matter how small. This is my piece of advice for you
Nice one. The only elderly advice here. Though there is wisdom in a man of few words but 3 years living below standard and with the recent experience; one has to find out why it was so.
The guy need serious prayer and deliverance cum underground check about the family past.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

Add this https://www.nairaland.com/6424170/understanding-failure
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by emonis88: 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
yes u were tricked but it was because they were more business suave than u. business is secret, u ve to keep ur source n know how to urself, now weh everybody for 9ja na sharp guy. so take heart n learn ur lesson, never give away ur list of materials, know how, process. that is ur tool to feed.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Melahou(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hope you have learnt your lesson...next time you won't talk too much
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Supreme01: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
HVILLE:
congratulations brother,God is finally involved in your life ,a big Door is about to open

wow...this is the Spirit talking. I wish I can shake you. Only spiritual men understand these.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by mrdino(m): 2:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Just learn from your mistakes and move on. There are better days ahead. You will one day look back and tell this story to some of your apprentices/mentee in the future.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Rotji(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
SoftChordz:
Never share the process of your work with a client, just tell the person your bill and the end product of what they want will be like and that's it, never expose ur skills or processes of it or where to buy the materials and other stuff. you were too excited and trying to proof to the bitch that you know ur job and she juiced you up. Learn and move bro don't cry over spilled milk, move on and cut off that pig u call ur friend bc he's not... mind ppl u keep around and always watch them. Better ones de for future now get up, dust off and double ur hustle like mad ok.. wish u well bro

I share same sentiments with the quote above, thus is a lesson for you to do things differently next time. God allows you to pass through certain experiences so that you can learn somethings from it so that when bigger opportunities come, you wouldn't make the same mistakes again.

Just count this as a learning curve, and encourage yourself and prepare for the next opportunity which you will kill.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Need Info On Salary Of A Non Academic Staff In A Federal University / Medpro Global Resources Is Fake Recruiting Firm Beware !!! / 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.