Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? (3715 Views)

Protest Against America Now: Let 's Unite And Say 'no' Like Nigeriens Did / For Southerners Only / 2019: Let’s Unite And Remove Buhari From Office – Wike Tells PDP Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
It's Biafra myself and my people want, however, a southern FEDERAL nation is a compromise we are willing to consider.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
Mide1data:
HOLY SHIT

That's exactly what I want. South Nigeria would be a good name. Or maybe UAR Could also be good. Three united regions living peacefully, it would be really beautiful.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

HOLY SHIT
4 give them na, we all regret voting bubu.

United South where every region knows their boundaries and is ready to play according to the rule of the game. In the UAE, the citizens of Abu dabi cannot come to claim ownership of land in Dubai, not to talk of saying that Dubai is a no man's land. The United South where the autonomy of the Western Nigeria, which comprises of majorly the Yoruba tribes will be guaranteed, the rights and autonomy of the Itsekiris and other minor tribes in the South South will be guaranteed, without any real or imagined threat of domination by any other tribe.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmmm.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:
It's Biafra myself and my people want, however, a southern FEDERAL nation is a compromise we are willing to consider.

Biafra is the best option as long as you don't force the Itsekiris, the Olukumis, and other minor tribes into it.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
Igbochief001:

You know south east can send south west into darkenes by offing one switch ? Shay u don't know ?

Please hasten the blow up. Even the turkey does lift up its feathers to make people believe that it's a big fowl.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Say it a million times.

They can't withstand the IGBOS so they need the coverage of their masters up north.

It's only the subjects that pay taxes and levies to their rulers.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
SoulMus:

I barely stated Tribes of region that haven't worked together without insult citing politics and cultural differences

I stated I listened to BBC Hausa and VOA and he called me Fulani slave in other threads, called me Fulani here.. same Ipob clowns ran lies daily during EndSARs claiming I earn 30k

So it's simple let that curse be theirs if it's an Ipob propaganda and a lie

If you are a Yoruba, why are you not proud of your Yoruba identity? Do you cherish your Yoruba cultures or do you downgrade your Yoruba monarchs only to be bowing down to Monarchs from else where? I think that's what that guy is hammering on.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bede2u:
and because of all these points u have listed, that is the reason why yoruba prefer to remain in nigeria abi?

Did you understand the guy or you just pretend not to understand because of a hidden fear?
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Litmus: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2022
Racism, repercussions of Slavery and Colonialism are not the cause of black Peoples backwardness, JEALOUSY is.

Mark this down.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Igbochief001:

We agree why do u guys still want one Nigeria ?

Why were you originally against having a secession clause in the independence constitution?

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Akponmfet: 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
No,because you will still depend on the oil from the Niger Delta. What's the point moving from one parasite to another?
Biafrans bring nothing to the table,they're the worst parasites in Nigeria. COUNT THE NIGER DELTA OUT.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
MDM2021:

Biafra is the best option as long as you don't force the Itsekiris, the Olukumis, and other minor tribes into it.

Yes bro. That's what we've been pushing for. A referendum or some form of plebiscite that allows the people to speak.

If the people of our sister states, or cousin states and others say they want to remain in Nigeria over Biafra, my guy, I assure you, we would support it.

We are fighting against everything 'Nigeria', everything 'evil'. This includes fighting the trend of some wealthy corrupt upper class speaking for the people.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by OreMI22: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
Naijabad:
Why can't the south unite and move out of Nigeria?

Why is it so difficult?

We can choose whatever name to call the emerging country.

Please what's your opinion on this?

If you ask me? Na who i go ask?? grin grin

The south is under serious juju manipulation. They are blinded by serious charms placed on cow meat eaters by their oppressors.

Half of the people that devotedly jump on these types of threads are Fulanis.

Their medicine for the south is simple: DIVIDE and RULE.

Just pose as an Igbo and blame Yorubas for every evil in Nigeria, and then again you pose as Yoruba and blame the Igbos. Retreat, and watch them tear at eachother. grin grin grin
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Christistruth00: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
How do you unite when IPOB on Kanus Orders has already tried to burn down Lagos and kill its Leaders out of hate ?

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
Naijabad:
Why can't the south unite and move out of Nigeria?

Why is it so difficult?

We can choose whatever name to call the emerging country.

Please what's your opinion on this?
Republic of Southern Nigeria will be a good name
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bashir75:

It’s difficult because Yorubas and Igbo have different cultures and their orientations are different as well. I promise you, the ethnic war will start between Yorubas and Igbo. Yorubas don’t like to be controlled and dominated but Igbos desire control and domination. Yorubas are successful multi religious society where in every Yoruba family there is Christians, muslims and traditionalists without pretence. In contrast, Igbos pretend to be christians than romans that’s why they cry foul of norther religion domination. In Yorubaland, it’s not an issue because that christian/muslim wealthy leader will accommodate all faiths as long they belong to the family.

Every region in the South, doesn’t like Igbos tendency to dominate and the push back is a public knowledge even in the South-South. Yorubas like to be their own boss and the hatred of the Yorubas by Igbos have created a wound or division that a little disagreement will cause war/deportation. The Yorubas feel they have a huge advantage to be a nation of their own, their diversity, education, hospitality and proximity of the Southwest to other West African border countries, water/ Atlantic is so enticing to every Nigeria and even foreign investors. Lastly, Lagos is the Carlifonia/Texas of Southwest nation. It can only get better with Lagos that other western states can make huge revenue from Lagos alone. We have farmlands, seas, rivers, Rail system that can be extend to other states, massive natural resources, massive refinery in Lekki, over 45 million population, gold in Osun, cement in Ogun and Oyo, Bitumen and Cocoa in Ekiti and Ondo. We can feed the whole nation and West African countries. Less I forget, Education.
A federating southern region will address this .
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hedonini:

That's not true. Following your logic you can create 10 different countries from Delta State alone, 5 countries from Rivers and so on for virtually every state in the south.

As long as the south is culturally compatible with the same generally liberal and enlightened outlook to life, then that is sufficient. Other differences can easily be worked out, with strong systems to manage these differences and avoid the kind of ojoro that has made Nigeria fundamentally flawed.

It doesn't have to be a pseudo 'Federal Republic' as Nigeria currently is. It can be more of a confederal Republic, very weak centre and strong states... Resource control, etc. Tap from synergies while maintaining some space and co-independence. That's definitely very workable. As long as you get rid of the useless, parasitic and problematic core North, everything else can easily be sorted out.

You have said it all .
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Eboes want to leave Nigeria because they are not in charge.
That was why they did the 1966 coup

That is their business we are not interested

Which one be

come make we go shit?
If shit dey catch you do the needful
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
omenka:
I can tolerate a united South as a country. A united South that comprises the South West, South South and parts of Middle Belt. Anything that includes the South East, count me out.
Then remain with Ur northern parasites.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
Inteltower:

I am assembling a small team unit comprising of youths with intellect and activist driven mentality that want to change this country for the better with an ideology and concrete agendas

Join us

Contact me on WhatsApp: 08136156015 (Monroe)
Nothing will come out of it . Don't waste ur time . I have seen and joined countless movement that started with a high spirit and eventually dropped by the way side.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Bashir75: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
omoharry:
A federating southern region will address this .

NO, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FEDERATING EASTERN REGION AND COUNTRY. COUNT US OUT.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bashir75:

NO, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FEDERATING EASTERN REGION AND COUNTRY. COUNT US OUT.
You are so deluded in this Ur sick tribal e-war that you forget that Nairaland does not revolve only around Igbos & Yorubas . Pls rise above Ur stupid hatred for the east and remember that there are SS people here too.
. You can hobnob with the north if you wish ...Maybe, the killings & damages that the Fulanis have done to Ur people is not enough. I am from the SS..and I would rather share a space with people that align with my ideology than those that align with an ancient one... You can join the north for all I care ...since you share thesame religion with them
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Bashir75: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
omoharry:
You are so deluded in this Ur sick tribal e-war that you forget that Nairaland does not revolve only around Igbos & Yorubas . Pls rise above Ur stupid hatred for the east and remember that there are SS people here too.
. You can hobnob with the north if you wish ...Maybe, the killings & damages that the Fulanis have done to Ur people is not enough. I am from the SS..and I would rather share a space with people that align with my ideology than those that align with an ancient one... You can join the north for all I care ...since you share thesame religion with them

MY EALIER COMMENTS; NO, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FEDERATING EASTERN REGION AND COUNTRY. COUNT US OUT.

NOW: THIS IS WHY LIVING WITH YOUR VAGABOND MENTALITY DOESN'T SIT WITH MOST YORUBAS. WHO’S IS TALKING IGBOS AND NIGER-DELTA? I SIMPLY SAID WE AS YORUBAS, WILL BE BETTER TOGETHER AS A RACE THAN THOSE WHO PRETENDS IN THE DAY TO LOVE US BUT STABBED US AT NIGHT. WE DON’T WANT TO LIVE WITH REGION WHO MOCKS OUR WAY OF LIFE AND CULTURE. WE DON’T EVEN NEED FULANI-HAUSA IF THE COUNTRY SEPARATED. WHAT IS THE OFFENSE IN DECIDING TO UNITE OUR YORUBA PEOPLE AS A RACE WITH COMMON FUTURE WITHOUT MORTGAGING OUR CULTURE. THE YORUBAS ARE THE SECOND LARGEST RACE IN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA AFTER THE FULANI-HAUSA. WHY CAN’T OVER 50-MILLION PEOPLE FORM A NATION?

WHY ARE YOU FRUSTRATED WITH OUR ASPIRATION?
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bashir75:

MY EALIER COMMENTS; NO, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FEDERATING EASTERN REGION AND COUNTRY. COUNT US OUT.

NOW: THIS IS WHY LIVING WITH YOUR VAGABOND MENTALITY DOESN'T SIT WITH MOST YORUBAS. WHO’S IS TALKING IGBOS AND NIGER-DELTA? I SIMPLY SAID WE AS YORUBAS, WILL BE BETTER TOGETHER AS A RACE THAN THOSE WHO PRETENDS IN THE DAY TO LOVE US BUT STABBED US AT NIGHT. WE DON’T WANT TO LIVE WITH REGION WHO MOCKS OUR WAY OF LIFE AND CULTURE. WE DON’T EVEN NEED FULANI-HAUSA IF THE COUNTRY SEPARATED. WHAT IS THE OFFENSE IN DECIDING TO UNITE OUR YORUBA PEOPLE AS A RACE WITH COMMON FUTURE WITHOUT MORTGAGING OUR CULTURE. THE YORUBAS ARE THE SECOND LARGEST RACE IN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA AFTER THE FULANI-HAUSA. WHY CAN’T OVER 50-MILLION PEOPLE FORM A NATION?

WHY ARE YOU FRUSTRATED WITH OUR ASPIRATION?

THEN, GO AND LOOK FOR ODUDUWA REPUBLIC THREAD TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS . THIS THREAD IS FOR ADVOCATE FOR SOUTHERNER ONLY.. SOUTHERNERS DOES NOT MEAN ONLY SOUTH WEST . SEY U CAN READ? GOOD!!. ITS SAYS SOUTHERN NIGERIA AND NOT ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! New IGP, Usman Bans Police Road Blocks, Releases 12 Point Agenda / Buhari In London, Wife In Dubai, Children Also Abroad, Nigerians In Queues / What Reno Said About President Elect Tinubu And Obi Last Year. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.